135,728 Posts in 7,670 Topics- by 43,294 Members - Latest Member: Guts
December 21, 2014, 03:32:14 AM
Apply as a PvPer
Currently recruiting: All Roles/Classes
Apply as a Raider
Apply as a Weekend-Raider
Currently recruiting: All Classes
Apply as a Social
Currently recruiting: All Classes
Apply as a PvPer
Apply as a Raider
Apply as a Weekend Raider
Please Read The Following Carefully!
After submitting your application, you will need to Register on our forum to reply to any questions on your application. This will require manual activation
You will not be able to edit your application after you post it - Please make sure everything is correct.
Thank you for applying to Iron Edge!
[02:12:53] [IRC] Quits: PhoenixFlamesv2 (Leaving)
[02:24:29] [TS] Quits: Grishnag (connection lost)
[02:25:18] [IRC] Quits: Grishnag (timeout)
[02:43:09] [TS] Quits: Inexcitus (leaving)
[02:43:15] [IRC] Quits: Inexcitus (Leaving.)
[02:52:21] [TS] Quits: delling (leaving)
[02:52:24] [TS] Quits: Kawe (leaving)
[02:52:38] [IRC] Quits: Kawe_ (Leaving.)
[02:53:29] [IRC] Quits: tyler-work (timeout)
[03:30:59] delling: nighty
posted in News September 28, 2014, 11:03:22 PM 1395 Views
The wait is finally over. It's time to get back to raiding some new content.
Lot's of exciting changes are coming to WoW in Warlords of Draenor. But obviously I'm most excited about finally getting back to raiding with you guys.
Every raid up until the hardest difficulty is going to have a flexible amount of players. But that doesn't stop IE from doing it's usual 25-man raiding! We'll need you guys to be ready and geared when the instances open, so make sure you level up to 100 quickly!
It's going to be harder for Iron Edge to position itself in the market now that 10-man heroic raiding is gone. It's going to be more difficult to prove how great we are and attract some of the best players on the server. That's why we need to be even better than we were in this last tier, but I have every confidence that we will be.
I'm insanely excited for this. For the first time in a couple of years, Iron Edge will finally go back to having more than one raid as well! You guys will now have the option of raiding with two different raiding teams this expansion:
The Iron Edge 25-man Casual Raid
As usual this raid will be fighting evil game mechanics on Monday and Thursday. The priority will be the same since its inception four years ago; Getting the most out of the limited raiding time we have, and having fun doing it. Sign up here.
Xormn's Dorito Raid: The Weekend Porkchop Warriors (Working title, but I like it a lot)
Xormn and his friends will be hosting a weekend raid. We don't have the exact details of this yet, but it will be a raid that only plays on the weekends. If you want to see all that WoW-raiding has to offer but can't do it during the week, make sure you keep an eye out for more details about this raid. Sign up here.
I hope you guys are as hyped as I am. I'm looking forward to playing with all of you in WoD. If you have any ideas that you'd like to talk about or pursue in WoD, please post them here or contact the guild leadership!
posted in News July 15, 2014, 11:29:29 PM 1790 Views
Iron Edge Summer Meetup 2014
Bendiee getting ready to pop defensive cooldowns
Aretum and I have decided to go over and meet some of our Norwegian members in the great city of Stavanger! I was there for a full week and Aretum came over for the last four days (which ended up being great because I felt like shit for the first three days!).
If I had any advice for you guys about going to Norway, it would be that you make sure you bring enough cash. For example, buying a Whopper at Burger King will cost you 79 Norwegian kroner (€9.37 or £7.41). I haven't asked if they accept a kidney as payment, but I imagine they would.
I’ve learned a couple of things about my fellow guildies while I was in Norway:
- When Mooneclipse decides to commit to something, he goes ham. I don’t remember seeing anyone play as much arena as he did in that week, but he got pretty fucking good at it!
- Bendiee’s shower is not in any way designed to prevent water from getting out, so we had to rely on everyone’s waterbending skills to keep the water as contained as possible. I am ashamed to say that I’m not very good at waterbending.
- Bendiee gets very touchy when he’s drunk, but in a good way ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- Glacio might be the most attractive human being I’ve ever seen, unfortunately he got completely rekt by glutens. He also makes some fantastic sandwiches.
- Bendiee’s sister brought home a really nice (drunk) guy that I was able to give some tech advice to. She then presumably had sex with him in the room next to us.
- The Norwegian healthcare system will not hesitate to give you any kind of drugs you want.
- Bendiee’s roommate Olav is the hero Iron Edge needs and deserves. We’re working on getting him into WoW and Iron Edge as soon as possible.
- Emopuff was sitting directly across from Mooneclipse. Surprisingly they're not as hard to tell apart IRL as they are on TeamSpeak.
- They have a softdrink called Solo (Often referred to as 8olo). It's one of those strangely disgusting drinks that you just can't get enough of. I'm still detoxing from that shit.
- We also had another guy there called Øyvind, he'll be joining the guild soon too.
- ༼つ ◕_◕༽つ AMENO ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ
Here are some more pictures from the trip (click on images for higher res):
Spotting a real life doge was obviously the highlight of my week
Standing afk at the IE cart and drinking my last 8olo at the airport before I leave Norwegia
I'd like to thank everyone that was able to make it to the meetup and for making it possible. I hope to see you all again soon!
Iron Edge will be turning 10 years old in February. We haven't made any plans for how we might celebrate this occasion, but make sure to check the forum regularly in case we make announcements regarding this historic moment!
posted in News June 27, 2014, 12:10:14 AM 2727 Views
Garrosh Heroic Down!
After months of struggling in 25-man, then switching to 10-man, the Iron Edge raiding team has finally slain the final boss of the game in Mists of Pandaria. Garrosh was definitely a challenge, not because of how hard the mechanics were, but because the fight had a lot of random shit and was over 12 minutes long, it took us over 200 tries to get him.
Iron Edge has also made some changes on the PvP team. We tragically had to say goodbye to some of the guild leadership, but I’m confident the PvP team has pulled through and is strong.
The Iron Edge 25-man raiding team will be pulling itself back together for Warlords of Draenor. Recruiting will start immediately and I expect the raiding to start as soon as the content becomes available. Make sure to check up on the forums when the pre-patch hits, if you want to secure a spot on the new raiding team.
posted in News May 12, 2014, 11:04:24 PM 2276 Views
Iron Edge Spring Update!
As most of you already know, the raid has gone on break for the remainder of Mists of Pandaria. There had been a steady decline in the amount of active players in the group, and that eventually ended up forcing us to go on break before being able to kill Garrosh heroic. Only a small group of dedicated players have picked up 10-man raiding to finish the content, and we’ve just killed off Siegecrafter (12/14HC).
Of course the guild is already preparing for the upcoming changes in Warlords of Draenor, and the 25man raid will make a strong return once the expansion hits.
Meanwhile, Hearthstone has already launched and some much needed balance changes are being put in. After the overwhelming success of the first tournament, I’ve already begun planning for the second one! I’ll post an update and more details about that once we’ve killed Garrosh heroic.
Enjoy this screenshot of the 10man finally killing off Siegecrafter:
posted in News January 10, 2014, 12:58:46 AM 8701 Views
Iron Edge Hearthstone Tournament February 2014
The first Iron Edge Hearthstone tournament will be on the weekend of 14-15-16 February, depending on the amount of players that attend the tournament.
All times are in CET
Friday February 14th 20:00-24:00
Saturday February 15th 19:00-24:00
Sunday February 16th 19:00-24:00
Obviously if the tournament takes shorter than expected, it might already be over on Saturday.
- You are allowed to use any deck you want throughout the tournament. Cheesy decks are also allowed, but not appreciated. Murloc/warlock decks, warrior OTK decks and all that shit is frowned upon.
- Streaming is encouraged, but set your stream delay to one minute. Please do not look at other players' streams if you're playing that person (obviously). If we find out, you are disqualified.
- You need to be on TeamSpeak with your opponent while you play him/her. After you're done playing your games, both of you join the main TeamSpeak channel and share the result with us.
You can sign up in this thread. Please make sure that you are available during that weekend. You will need guild member rank to be able to post in the thread, if you don't have that yet, please send me or another forum mod a PM, or ask on IRC or WoW.
The entire event will be streamed on http://www.twitch.tv/IronEdgeTV. You can tune in to watch matches, and you can hang out in the main TeamSpeak channel to talk about it. Everyone is welcome!
The prize for the winner of the tournament will be 50.000 WoW gold. If the winner is not currently playing WoW, they can elect someone else to get the prize.
In addiction to the 50.000 gold, you will also get a unique forum title as the winner of the first Iron Edge Hearthstone Tournament!
Second place will get 20.000 gold
Third place will get 10.000 gold
More recent activity...