Bendiee getting ready to pop defensive cooldowns
Aretum and I have decided to go over and meet some of our Norwegian members in the great city of Stavanger! I was there for a full week and Aretum came over for the last four days (which ended up being great because I felt like shit for the first three days!).
If I had any advice for you guys about going to Norway, it would be that you make sure you bring enough cash. For example, buying a Whopper at Burger King will cost you 79 Norwegian kroner (€9.37 or £7.41). I haven't asked if they accept a kidney as payment, but I imagine they would.
I’ve learned a couple of things about my fellow guildies while I was in Norway:
- When Mooneclipse decides to commit to something, he goes ham. I don’t remember seeing anyone play as much arena as he did in that week, but he got pretty fucking good at it!
- Bendiee’s shower is not in any way designed to prevent water from getting out, so we had to rely on everyone’s waterbending skills to keep the water as contained as possible. I am ashamed to say that I’m not very good at waterbending.
- Bendiee gets very touchy when he’s drunk, but in a good way ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- Glacio might be the most attractive human being I’ve ever seen, unfortunately he got completely rekt by glutens. He also makes some fantastic sandwiches.
- Bendiee’s sister brought home a really nice (drunk) guy that I was able to give some tech advice to. She then presumably had sex with him in the room next to us.
- The Norwegian healthcare system will not hesitate to give you any kind of drugs you want.
- Bendiee’s roommate Olav is the hero Iron Edge needs and deserves. We’re working on getting him into WoW and Iron Edge as soon as possible.
- Emopuff was sitting directly across from Mooneclipse. Surprisingly they're not as hard to tell apart IRL as they are on TeamSpeak.
- They have a softdrink called Solo (Often referred to as 8olo). It's one of those strangely disgusting drinks that you just can't get enough of. I'm still detoxing from that shit.
- We also had another guy there called Øyvind, he'll be joining the guild soon too.
- ༼つ ◕_◕༽つ AMENO ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ
Here are some more pictures from the trip (click on images for higher res):
Spotting a real life doge was obviously the highlight of my week
Standing afk at the IE cart and drinking my last 8olo at the airport before I leave Norwegia
I'd like to thank everyone that was able to make it to the meetup and for making it possible. I hope to see you all again soon!
Iron Edge will be turning 10 years old in February. We haven't made any plans for how we might celebrate this occasion, but make sure to check the forum regularly in case we make announcements regarding this historic moment!