Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Walithria

August 20, 2017, 09:00:18 pm
Read 3555 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Walithria
« on: August 20, 2017, 09:00:18 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Walithria
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Walithria/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hi my name is Nejc and I am 19 years old. I come from Slovenia, currently I am on holiday and will be starting college in October. I like video games and sports (i know these usually don't go together that much :D), and also train karate (used to compete on an international level, but now do it just to exercise).

Class/Spec:

Currently I play Frost since it is outperforming other specs on most encounters, and also lack the right legendaries to play fire (i do prefer fire but am sticking with frost for the mentioned legendary and performance reasons). I do not have much experience with arcane other than the basic rotation or general talent set up (but will learn it, if it greatly outperforms other specs).

I will be speaking about frost:
Since I am at a comfortable haste level i am trying to put as many points into versatility as i can.
I am also trying to lose some crit since i am slightly above shatter cap.

As for rotation i try to cast ebonbolt(i always shatter ebonbolt) and frost orb on cooldown (i will delay fo if it won't be up by the time my CD's come back up). I try to use my fingers of frost and brain freeze procs as effectively as i can without wasting any. I delay my major cooldowns for vulnerability/cleave/dps checks, otherwise i use them as soon as they come back up.

Alts:

No alts with ilvl worth noting.

Professions:

I am currently running Alchemy/Herbalism without any special recipes.

Raiding Experience:

I have always played as a DPS, I dont have a too much mythic experience (only 3/7 EN and 3/10 NH), but I am confident I can use my class knowledge to adapt quickly.

Previous Guilds:

I joined One man pocket raid's in october of last year, and have raided with them since (i took a break shortly after release of EN and came back before NH), I am looking to change my guild becouse the guild has failed to perform and push content i would like since the release of NH (only cleared KJ HC as a guild group a week ago)

Availability:

For the next 2 weeks i am still working at a part time job 9am-3pm st. As i mentioned before in october i am starting coleege for which i don't yet have a class schedule.

Communication:

I believe i can speak and write english in a fluent and understandable level, with some mispronunciations. I do have TS3 installed, aswell as a working microphone which I have no problem using.

Computer / Connection:

I have a PC with gtx1060/i7-6700/16gb ddr ram so I have no fps problems and I also have an optical connection 100mb up/100mb down.

Addons/UI:

http://imgur.com/a/AeZoy (i know the keybinding look inefficient but they work for me since im using the logitech g600 and feel the most comfortable using them)

Bartender for ui
DBM for encounter timers/warnings (dont mind switching to BigWigs)
Details for meters and fight analyzing
MikScrollingBattleText prefer it over the default damage text
Quartz for castbars
Shadowed unit frames for unit frames :D
TellMeWhen to track important cooldowns, boss buffs/debuffs, procs
Tidyplates for nameplates

Other Games:

At the moment i also play Path of exile and a bit of Overwarch, I also rarely play League of legends

Why Iron Edge?

To challange myself and progress further on the mythic raiding scene.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A player  that will reliably do mechanincs and try to compete on the dps meters. Also will strive to play the class/spec to the best of my abilities and keep up with patch changes to play with relevant specs/builds.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Thanks for taking the time to go trough my application :)
P.s a pic of my sleeping dog for bonus points?
https://gyazo.com/56cbd0667772b92d4dbeb15d49d55b0a

August 20, 2017, 11:31:57 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vivi

• Guild Member

• Burn for a burn!

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Walithria
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 11:31:57 pm »
Hey hey,

You speak of taking brakes here and there and you have no idea on your school scheduel in October. This doesnt strike me as 'stable'. We are a long term bunch of chaps and mrs. It would seem a waste to gear someone up to October and then find out you can no longer raid, and would maybe have to leave to another guild to suit a better time scheduel. Would you do your best to stick with raiding here?
On another note may i see some logs please, feeling a tad lazy and cant hunt you on warcraft logs. You are well geared, have the tasty trinkets, and rock the set bonuses. So would be nice to see your numbers.

My phone wont let me see your UI either, but that may just be my piece of crap.  ;D

/Ciao

August 20, 2017, 11:49:00 pm
Reply #2

Offline Wali

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 11:49:00 pm »
Hey, as I mentioned i took one break before the start for NH becouse I didn't have a stable connection and in my opinion couldn't justify paying the sub while i couldn't play regularly. That isn't a problem anymore since i got upgraded to fibre. As for the schedule all my classes will be in the morning, I am not sure how fast i can get online but raids arent a problem since they are in the evening.

As for the logs here is the link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/walithria
Also a different link of the ui for you to try:https://gyazo.com/882c5f3154bc506ee184cd0afe9b1b08

August 21, 2017, 09:49:45 am
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 09:49:45 am »
Hi Walithria!

Dog for bonus points definitely helps! How long have you been playing WoW, do you have any history before Legion?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 21, 2017, 10:28:23 am
Reply #4

Offline Wali

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 10:28:23 am »
Hey, i didn't play retail before legion as I didn't have a presonal income and my parent weren't too happy about paying a monthly fee. I played private servers for about 5 years, mainly molten/warmane if you have any experience with that and i also raided there.

August 21, 2017, 04:11:56 pm
Reply #5

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 04:11:56 pm »
Hiyo Walithria,

Quite a decent application. Judging from your logs, it would appear that you are doing quite well for yourself, and I would like to see how that transfers to performance in a mythic raiding scenario.

You can poke me or any other officers ingame for an invite  :D
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:48:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

65 Guests, 0 Users