Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Rebellos

August 24, 2017, 01:06:57 am
Read 3881 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Rebellos
« on: August 24, 2017, 01:06:57 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Rebellos
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Rebellos/advanced
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Harry, 20, Academic studies on Applied Mathematics and Physics @ NTUA (National Technical University of Greece)

Class/Spec:

Elemental

My main spec was Restoration but I haven't played at all in Legion.

Intellect > Crit-Haste > Mastery (cap) > Versatility

Tier 1 : Totem Mastery is the best Talent to go with, since it gives some pretty big buffs on basic stats/abilities/damage (Flame Shock, Ele Overload, Haste)

Tier 2 : Ancestral Guidance seems like the best option, since it can provide a good raid healing help (not as good as MoP, but still helps in burst damage phases).

Tier 3 : Lightning Surge totem can stun targets nicely. In case there are slows needed, earthgrab could also be the choice with root as well.

Tier 4 : Ancestral Swiftness provides +6% Haste.

Tier 5 : Elemental Blast is by far the best choice in raiding situations, due to the stat buffs it grants.

Tier 6 : Echo of the Elements is the talent to go with for raid situations, after the Elemental build got changed.

Tier 7 : I'm currently going with Ascedance, since it adds a great burst and is the most viable option.

Mythic + :

Tier 1 : Totem Mastery is the best Talent to go with, since it gives some pretty big buffs on basic stats/abilities/damage (Flame Shock, Ele Overload, Haste)

Tier 2 : Ancestral Guidance seems like the best option, since it can provide a good raid healing help (not as good as MoP, but still helps in burst damage phases).

Tier 3 : Lightning Surge totem can stun targets nicely. In case there are slows needed, earthgrab could also be the choice with root as well.

Tier 4 : Ancestral Swiftness provides +6% Haste.

Tier 5 : Primal Elementalist is the best option, since the empowered Fire Elemental deals significant damage and stacks up with haste/bloodlust but also has a small cooldown with the tier sets, really useful for mythic+ bursts.

Tier 6 : Going with Echo of the Elements + Magma Totem due to the Legendary ring, really handy for mythic+ AoE.

Tier 7 : Lightning rod, since the damage buff on Chain Lightning is essential, especially on fortified weeks. If Tyrannical, then Ascedance is the go to as well, depending on the instance.

ST : (Totems – Fire Elemental Totem) – (With Burst) -> Pre-Pot, Pre-cast Elemental Blast, Flame Shock, Berserking/Ascedance and Lava Burst spam (Earth Shock at 100 Maelstrom), Stormkeeper and 3x Lightning bolt, then renew flame shock / lava burst and continue on with lightning bolt as a filler and lava burst on cooldown or proccs. Using Elemental Blast on cooldown of course.

AoE : Flame Shock on Targets, Lava Burst on proccs (3rd Gold Trait adds a nice chance on cleave), Chain Lightning spam (with stormkeeper on CD), earthquake totem at 50 maelstrom.

Alts:

Dk (raided with it as main alt in EN, got first kills Ilgynoth and Dragons as tanking because Dk was OP on these fights.)

Hunter

Both were like 880 ilvl back in November.

Professions:

Engineering, because it always was the go-to raiding profession and I have it ever since. Not like any profession is useful now or important for raiding (as Engineering was for hands-use for example).

Tailoring for some crafts and mounts.

Raiding Experience:

I started playing in the early days of Cataclysm, when I was “recruited” by some in real life friends. Despite that, I’ve taken the game really seriously and constantly played at a high level throughout. Below, a complete and informative list of my feats and accomplishments will be listed :

Cataclysm :

T11 : 13/13H
T12 : 7/7H
T13 : 8/8H

I cleared all Cataclysm content during the Cataclysm expansion (of course, due to me starting in Cataclysm, I was late on the first tier). I have multiple kills on T12 and T13 HC and NM which can be seen on my armory. I used to raid lead weekly Firelands 7/7HC for exceptional people (I also got my Legendary staff during Cataclysm).

MoP :

T14 : 16/16H
T15 : 13/13H
T16 : 14/14H/M

In the start of MoP, I was “semi” playing, due to school days. After that, I went pretty ham, as MoP was my most successful expansion. I cleared all the content on HC multiple times, raid leaded my worldwide famous runs of “Zerg” clears and FoS (Ra’den) which a lot of players from top guilds attended (I will link a lot of screenshots on the “Additional Information” box). I was a member of Apex during ToT – SoO.

WoD :

T17 : 17/17M
T18 : 13/13M

WoD was pretty “casual” for me, as I still played a lot, completed all the raids on HC and Archimonde Cutting Edge @ Christmas, but mostly played for Mount farms, achievements and boost runs (Can be easily justified by my 80 Archimonde HC kills on main).

Legion :

7/7HC – 7/7M with experience/kills on both Shaman and my Dk (Ilgynoth M and Dragons M as tank on early progress).

3/3HC – 1/3M early progress as well.

9/9HC ToS with multiclears since I came back after my long break (9 months, from late November to late 31 of July).

I have also completed every CM since they were implemented with multiple characters.

I have high experience on Raid Leading, leading exceptional runs and organizing PvE events at the highest level.

In all of them, I raided as Elemental with the exception of Spine HC which I was restoration.

Mid-points, I had stopped due to being younger or just having other things to do which meant I attended school and was not over 18. Nowadays I’m a 20 University Student – Scientist at : Department of Applied Mathematics and Physics, at National Technical University of Athens (NTUA).

Previous Guilds:

In the end of Cataclysm, I was a member of Fun Light (which held one of the world's top spots for a 2 day raiding guild, of course with end content clears). Fun Light disbanded in MoP.
In MoP, I initially transfered to Ravencrest-Alliance and raided for some solid guilds, but I found myself back to Twisting Nether since it was the server I had all my alts and I played my whole life. I was a member of Innominatum for a bit and Apex for most of MoP (SoO farm period which lasted long), also during my exceptional runs and everything. Apex disbanded mid-WoD.

In WoD, I had my own social/boost guild. With people that we used to raid high end, we decided to try and make our own guild project in Legion, which thus far has pretty much failed, because we had like 7-8 really exceptional people (of the best players in our server) but we just couldn't find trials to live up to the expectations, leading in bad mythic progress. Also, some trials had bad manners, which really made us sad and demoralized us. The guild is named and we had some early success (250ish world HC rankings) but nothing more than that, since after the 1st mythic week, some players started underperforming big. The raiding officer team decided to call it game, since we had to devote many hours per day to get new trials and get people together, only to find out that the vast majority of them would need to be replaced. Take into account, that in the logs I listed below, I was raid leading through all of them.

There are some of my old co-raiders and players that we played together, if you need to talk to someone.

In Legion, I raided on and finished EN Mythic content early with the guild, also participated in early ToV progress, but after that quited raiding, since the guild semi-disbanded and merged with another guild. From that point I focused on mythic+ and boosting. I took a break from the start-mid of December until 31 July.

Most of the guilds I've been in, either disbanded or merged. (Fun Light = Disbanded, Apex = Disbanded, In Progress = Merged)

Availability:

I'm available at all afternoons and all day during vacation. Will be available during main raid hours 100%. Rest days, depends on my life.

Communication:

Yes,yes,yes.

Computer / Connection:

Yes, no, big d, yes, no, no, no

Addons/UI:

Screenshot : http://imgur.com/ILoZHvO

UI : ElvUI
PvE Addons : Combination of Exorsus Raid Tools, BigWigs, DBM, WeakAuras
Off-Addons : NPC Scan, Atlas loot ++ (farm stuff)

Other Games:

NBA 2K, CoD

Why Iron Edge?

Looking to find a guild that has a large and active community while in the same time providing an elite raiding atmosphere in a short schedule, since I cannot devote to raiding a ton of hours any more.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I think I could be a great fit, since you need an Elemental Shaman. I've mained Elemental for my whole life, through high-end raiding, farms, boosts, Immortal runs and timed runs. I've always demoted and spent the most time to maximize my spec and gameplay. I always strive for 99% ranks, best DPS output and mastering my Elemental spec.

I'll bring a very focused mindset, always striving to be better, studying heavily and creating my own simcraft and theorycrafting. I will provide full attendance, 100% reliability and readiness. I also believe that I could help by having 2 alts that are raid ready, for alt raids, boost runs of if needed, for progression.

Always research for tactics and mechanics, starting from Alpha. Close monitoring, check the changes as well. Check videos from Alpha/Beta, check videos from current world top kills. Closely monitor people that play ranged or Elemental as well. Also, checking Twitch Streams for tactics and gameplay. All of these help you make a detailed plan about the fight and have experience before experience. Another important party of preparation is also to fix your desired timer, weak auras, raid addons and probably things you want to look out / time for.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WoWprogress

Last Words?

I'm a person that always strives to be the best and enjoys exceptional atmosphere in game. That doesn't mean though that I'm not a fun guy to play with, since I'm relaxed and always up for events and talks. In life, I value my Science, family and friends more than everything and I'm always loyal to everything I do.

Time Played : 409 days, 8 hours, 46 minutes, 47 seconds

I can prepare, organize and lead boost runs and their financial stuff, since I've been doing that all my life. I can also provide boss kill videos during progress and recordings.

Logs :

EN M-HC-NM logs (all early) : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/19680694/10/1

Take into account that the mythic logs were mostly made on first kills or early kills.

Mythic + logs (Multiple rank 1 world as Elemental scattered along the + difficulties) : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/19680694/9/#metric=dps3

You can also find ToS NM-HC logs there. Take into account all of the kills are in pugs, with me leading. There are also some new mythic+ logs you can check out.

I took a 9 month break from the mid of ToV to start of August, due to no motivation playing ToV (I was guildless at this time, as merged with a bit of a lower-tier guild and did not want to follow). I would never quit a guild mid progress, unless something really important happens in my real life, which applies to anybody.

Contact information :

btag : rebelos7#2128
email : harry.filippatos@gmail.com

Some screenshots as "proof" :

http://imgur.com/92tNlFr
http://imgur.com/D3QcaUv
http://imgur.com/Uf7C2ao ToT Ranks
http://imgur.com/kMsqRQg Screenshot from Record-Clear timed MSV HC run with people of the most exceptional guilds back then
http://imgur.com/1j8zBbf
http://imgur.com/mrg7jMi
http://imgur.com/gtQgfgd
http://imgur.com/4xfohBK

August 24, 2017, 07:42:59 am
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Rebellos
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 07:42:59 am »
Hi Rebellos

I have nothing to ask you, just wanted to say very nice application, to put in comparison your last word part of application. It would be like a prisoner on death row having an all you can eat buffet that lasts forever.

Very well done application, good luck on the apply.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

August 24, 2017, 09:20:34 am
Reply #2

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 09:20:34 am »
Hi Rebellos!

Great application! Interestingly we're not really looking for elemental shamans. As far as I remember our WoWprogress page hasn't had elemental shamans listed for over a month. It's gonna be hard to sell our ranged officer Mooneclipse on another ele shaman, but I'm certainly gonna try.

We'll get back to you shortly!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 24, 2017, 05:53:37 pm
Reply #3

Offline Alzaroth

• Guild Member

• There is no darkness without light

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 05:53:37 pm »
I don't see having 3 ele shammies as an issue, considering we already roll 3 warlocks anyway. Or do we *wink wink*?

August 24, 2017, 07:06:08 pm
Reply #4

Offline Bendie

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 07:06:08 pm »
I see you're using 2 use trinkets. May i ask why?
2016-04-22 04:58:08 [Raid] Bendiee: Neclord placed his balls on my shoulders. i dont have anything against black people. but monkeys do spread aids.

August 24, 2017, 10:28:51 pm
Reply #5

Offline Rebellos

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 10:28:51 pm »
Because the use-factor interlaps for 20 seconds and their cooldown difference is 30 seconds, which means it gets covered during the fight and you can use one without impacting on the other one + they are both BiS or close BiS + I don't have any other trinket that will even get close to the simdps of these combined. Also the intellect from both is big for overall damage and both trinkets.

August 25, 2017, 11:26:19 am
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 11:26:19 am »
This application has been accepted by Mooneclipse, welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:28:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

36 Guests, 0 Users