Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Dazedfx

August 17, 2017, 01:56:24 pm
Read 3911 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Dazedfx
« on: August 17, 2017, 01:56:24 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Dazedfx
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Dazedfx/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hello, my name Mihai, i am 20 years old, from Romania and am currently studying in the university of computer science.

Class/Spec:

My main spec is Arms, and just because i only recently started playing again I don't really have any good legendaries (Currently dropped 5 almost worst arms warrior legendaries ). I can play fury, but at the moment my gear shines best for Arms. I have tanked in the past, so even if that need arises I can do it.

So as arms, main stat is Mastery as it increases all damage done to a target that has Collosus Smash up on it.
Stat priority is  Mastery > Haste > Versa > Crit. Crit is worst since most of the damage comes out of Shattered defenses Mortal Strikes, which have increased critical chance from another weapon trait.
The rotation is different depending on specs, but the Rend Titanic Might Opportunity Strikes spec priority goes as following. You want to start the fight off with a charge to generate fury, then CS -> Rend -> Battle Cry -> Bladestorm, thats the Opener pretty much, considering you are using 4PC T20 , then after that its pretty much a priority, Refresh rend at 3s or less, CS if you don't have Shattered Defenses up, MS if you have Shattered Defenses buff on, MS if you have higher then 4seconds cooldown on CS and then Filler Slam to try and proc Tactician. You always wanna use BC and BS both at once because of T20 4pc. In execute range you try and get two stacks of execute on the target then use CS -> MS. If you have higher then 4 sec cooldown on CS then just use MS and refresh the 2 execute stacks in the meantime. Thats pretty much it.

Alts:

Currently I have no real alts excepting a shadow priest that is 900 ilvl and i really hate playing. Leveling a rogue atm because Warrior and rogue have always been my mains

Professions:

Currently running alchemy and enchanting. Alchemy i have only for the double duration of flasks and to craft pots for myself and with enchanting i DE items that i don't use to get some money.

Raiding Experience:

I have only played on retail while HFC was the ongoing raid at the moment and managed to clear 10/13 Mythic on my rogue before the prepatch where they changed the only spec i had good gear for into an RNG spec (ROLL THE BONES ).

Previous Guilds:

My previous guild almost disbanded since they were trying to gather people to do mythic raids but didn't manage to, so most people left.

Availability:

I'm probably available on most days at most hours at the moment since im on holiday until october. After that it really only depends on my university, but your raid hours look pretty good for me even after university starts, since classes can last up to 19:00 so having raids start at 20:00 is perfect.

Communication:

Yes, i am proficient in english, I have a microphone and I normally use it. Don't currently have TS3, since everyone until now has used Discord, but I can download that no problem.

Computer / Connection:

Im currently running a about two year old computer , have pretty decent fps overall. Have Gigabit internet, about 10-20 ping to Kazzak and it is stable. I usually only disconnect if there is a huge storm going on outside and thats not because of my internet connection, but because of electricity.

Addons/UI:

Currently using TMW, WeakAuras , DBM and Angry Assignments. All relevant binds are shown.
http://imgur.com/a/ZjMQJ

Other Games:

Lately i've been playing Playerunkown's Battlegrounds, but since I had an accident a couple of days ago and had some pretty severe cuts on my right arm, I am currently only able to play WoW.

Why Iron Edge?

Im intrested in a two day raiding guild that actually has raids every week and get to progress mythic Tos.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am a tryhard by nature. So I'll be trying to maximise output while doing what must be done for every encounter out there.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Not really, just hope to hear from you soon!

August 17, 2017, 03:38:21 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Dazedfx
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 03:38:21 pm »
Hi Dazedfx,

Thanks for applying to us! You don't have a lot of raiding experience for us to go on, do you have any logs that could make a strong case for you? Also, we put a lot of emphasis on players who are casual and don't burn out and quit easily. Do you go on frequent breaks from WoW?

Hello, Iron Edge!
I had an accident a couple of days ago and had some pretty severe cuts on my right arm, I am currently only able to play WoW.

Story time?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 17, 2017, 06:53:36 pm
Reply #2

Offline Dazedfx (mihaixyx)

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 06:53:36 pm »
My most recent logs are of a normal run, hopefully you understand the fact that my logs on heroic are not that great, since most of the kills and runs i've had on heroic were either with a guild that was progressing on it at that time (80+ wipes on KJ) and my gear was not that great.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xVC3KMyaGNXTwPqR/ ( These are yesterdays normal run logs )
My only real break I have taken off WoW is from patch 7.0 to patch 7.2.5 and that's because I had no one left to play with. I've since come back pretty strongly, moved from Silvermoon - Alliance to Kazzak - Horde since a lot of people I knew were playing horde somewhere and managed to do what I have until now in the last ~2 months without any real help.

The accident is actually so stupid , happened 2 days ago . I was at the Mall and all I actually wanted to get from there was beer. Bought like 4 bottles, put them into a bag i just bought from them and wanted to leave. About twenty meters after paying for them, the handle of the bag literally broke off and all my beers fell down. Not really sure how, but all of em broke and some glass fragments hit the area around my wrist, pretty hard. The cuts are pretty deep (up to the bone) , which made me not really be able to feel my arm in its entirety and had to get some parts stiched back together. Not fun, believe me.

August 17, 2017, 07:06:02 pm
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 07:06:02 pm »
Any chance you were in <Unstable Experiments>?
Ba dun tss!

August 17, 2017, 07:08:04 pm
Reply #4

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 07:08:04 pm »
No, sorry, the guild I was in in WoD was on Silvermoon.

August 19, 2017, 12:46:42 am
Reply #5

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 12:46:42 am »
Hi Dazedfx,

Sorry for my late reply, my name is Quickz and I am one of the DPS warriors in the guild I have a few questions if I may,

I noticed you used cinders for alot of your logs, any reason you used that over engine as i can also see you have that?

Are these your only legendaries you have access to?

Thanks
Paul aka Quickz

August 19, 2017, 12:54:18 am
Reply #6

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 12:54:18 am »
So, i swapped servers from Silvermoon to Kazzak very recent, so the logs where I was using cinders was because it was literally my best trinket at the time. I got the engine pretty recently, last week or two weeks before, can't remember exactly.
Currently I only have 5 legendaries, those being Sephuz, Prydaz, Pants , Bracers and Boots. So currently a combination of Prydaz and Bracers/Boots seem to work out best for me at the moment (doing everything I can to get more legendaries , emmisaries , war supplies farm, m+0 , all older raids on normal and heroic and after that m+ every week).

August 19, 2017, 01:07:18 pm
Reply #7

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 01:07:18 pm »
Thanks for coming back so quickly, you certainly need to farm those legendaries and sounds like you doing everything you can increase you chance.  The melee office will be in touch soon with a decision on your application.

August 19, 2017, 06:24:55 pm
Reply #8

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 06:24:55 pm »
Thanks for the answer, waiting for a response!

August 20, 2017, 08:52:00 pm
Reply #9

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 08:52:00 pm »
Hey Mihai,

I like how you've handled the questions so far even though your application is a little sparse. I'd like to give you a trial!

You can whisper me or another officer for an invite!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:12:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

69 Guests, 1 User
Spetsnaz