Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Monk (DPS/Healer/Tank) - Laisu (XR)

May 09, 2018, 11:06:25 pm
Read 3101 times

Applicant

Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Laisu
Server: Frostmane
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Frostmane/Laisu/advanced
Class/Spec: Monk (DPS/Healer/Tank)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

I'm a chemistry PhD student from the UK looking to find a low time raiding time group so that I can continue to enjoy wow and raiding while keeping up with my research. I'm in my mid 20's and have been playing on and off since TBC which somehow at this point means I've been playing wow close to half my life :O.

Class/Spec:

While I've put in the link to my highest geared character at the moment I have currently at 110:
Monk 960 ish
Mage 920ish
Rogue 920ish
Paladin (110boost)
DH (fresh dinged 110)

I'm currently leveling a DK to try out the blood DK hype in m+

I have raided on the highest tier difficulty as a tank dps and healer through various expansions and am willing to play whatever. My preference would be something with a tank spec since I like tanking m+ dungeons - my monk was originally created to speed run the MoP challenge modes, and my DK was used to carry people through the WoD challenge modes :)

While I dont claim to be an expert in any of the classes that I play, I know where to go to read up. I would say my strong suit it my experience raiding - not standing in the fire, hitting mechanics  properly, turning up with flask and enchanted gear and whatnot.

While I used to go to icyveins for starting a new class, most of the cutting edge theory on the new classes tends to be in the various class discords. I used to follow the mage and monk discords at the start of the expansion.

Alts:

See "spec" info on classes at 110, I have all classes at at least level 100 and could level something new if needs be.

Professions:

Nothing worth noting really, I got alchemy on most my alts for extended flask hours and how useful making your own prolonged power pots is.

Raiding Experience:

I raided casually in TBC, clearing Kara, Gruul, magtheridon and whatnot. Never got to the big boy raids in BT and Sunwell. Paladin healing mostly

I didnt play most of WoTLK, I raided very casually through cata seeing mostly the last raids in firelands and dragon soul.

I properly raided through the tail end of MoP joining the start of "mythic" (10m heroic) progression in SoO where I switched to tanking on my monk - including progression kills on garrosh. I healed challenge modes on a disc priest as well.

I stayed on my monk through WoD progression in highmaul and blackrock where I had to take a short break. When I came back I switched to my mage for progression kills on the last half of hellfire citadel. My healing experience in hard content mostly comes from occasionally covering as a mistweaver in WoD.

I raided progress on my mage through mythic EM and ToV this expansion but had to leave my last guild before really tackling Nighthold onwards. I've since pugged through heroic modes in tomb and antorus on my mage monk and rogue.

Previous Guilds:

The only previous guild worth mentioning was Adept on Frostmane where I raided since WoD. https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/eu/frostmane/Adept

While they were a two day guild, with my increasing work and study commitments I couldnt keep up with the AP grind and other requirements in legion that the guild asked for. I decided to step down from the raiding team before the start of NH progress where the guild was starting to really push for better progression after we were not able to down helya before NH started. Once I dropped from the raid team I didnt play for a while, losing touch with the guild and deciding to move on.  

Availability:

Should be avaliable most all the weekend, during my PhD work there may be times that I'm a little extra busy but I should be able to give advanced warnings on that if I would need to skip a few raids.

Communication:

Sure. I havent used TS3 in a while but I'm sure I can re-download it :)

Computer / Connection:

My computer is top notch, built it a year ago.
95% of the time my connection is fine, occasionally though it gets a bit spotty. Just part of life in an apartment block it seems. I might be moving in a couple months though and will be looking for a better connection.

Addons/UI:

I use elvui with this profile (https://wago.io/BkrlTMaC-#pid=1)
Other than that I run with DBM and weakauras. Between those three pretty much everything is covered.
I have all my skills keybound

Other Games:

Pretty much only got time for a bit o' Wow. Used to play DotA and SC2 quite a bit though.

Why Iron Edge?

Hopefully to enjoy a nice scenic view of the next expansions raid content on a time schedule that works for me. A bonus being that it seems like the guild has a sense of humour.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Nearly a decade of WoW experience, a chill personality and y'know, if anyone needs help Breaking Bad I do have a degree in chemistry :D

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprog

Last Words?

https://xkcd.com/791/

May 10, 2018, 03:19:02 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Monk (DPS/Healer/Tank) - Laisu (XR)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 03:19:02 pm »
Hello Laisu.

It is true that the weekend raiding team is e a bit more casual, but we do need commited players to join our ranks. I have a couple of questions:

1. Are you sure you'll be able to stick to our raiding times with your strict schedule? I'm asking this because a tanking position will be available in BfA and tanks require a higher attendance.

2. We currently have 2 (+ 2 with off tank gear ready) tanks for mythic Antorus. Will you be able to join as DPS for this tier?
Ba dun tss!

May 10, 2018, 08:19:24 pm
Reply #2

Offline Ironsoul

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 08:19:24 pm »
Hey there,

Do you know Lozi?

May 10, 2018, 09:09:36 pm
Reply #3

Laisu

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 09:09:36 pm »
Hi Xormn,

I realise now that I wasnt totally clear in my initally application post, but I chose to apply here becuase I should be able to maintain essentially 100% attendence with a weekend raid schedule. I'd be fine with being a dps with spare tank spec if its better.

While I would be fine playing as a dps in current content I was mostly looking towards joining for BFA where I could fill in a class gap if needs be, as I'm still missing some legendaries and trinkets for proper WW dps. I should probably join along with some alt runs or something just to put up some logs first.

Ironsoul: I did play with Lozi for a while, If memory serves I also joined a few of the openraid runs he orginised with some alts.

May 11, 2018, 07:29:10 am
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 07:29:10 am »
It's good to see you have a long-term plan for joining. Either way, you better get that transfer going, because we're having a farm raid this weekend.

Poke any officer for an invite after you move.

Aside from TS3, you'll need: epgp lootmaster, epgp dkp reloaded and angry assignments.

Welcome!
Ba dun tss!

May 11, 2018, 11:47:44 am
Reply #5

Offline Ironsoul

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 11:47:44 am »
O yeah.

I used to run on his weekend alt run with folks from 9th Order (guild i was in).
Lozi is a cunt, that's all i had to say:)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:10:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

66 Guests, 2 Users
Spetsnaz, mortos