Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Abbimist

March 19, 2018, 08:55:13 am
Read 5153 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Abbimist
« on: March 19, 2018, 08:55:13 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Abbimist
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Abbimist/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hey,
My name is Catherine and I'm 23 years old and live in Czech republic. I study logistics on University and working weekends in a gym (family business).

Class/Spec:

My main spec is balance. My ilvl for aoe spec is 968 and for single target 965. My artifact weapon has 81 traits. I also can able to play feral or guardian, both specs that have 75 traits. Just don't want me to go resto :D

My main stats are Int/Haste/Mastery.

My ST rotation: Pre pot > 2x pre-cast solar wrath > Moonfire, Sunfire(dots) > Incanration (burst) > Starsurge >new moon, half moon, full moon > 2x starsurge > lunar strike, solar wrath when they're on proc, to regen Astral power > Starsurge and repeat.

AoE rotation(with legendary starfall proc) > Pre pot >2x pre cast solar wrath> Starfall (from legendary proc) > Dots >new moon, half moon, full moon > starfall, starsurge to proc lunar strike/wrath > starfall and repeat (regen astral power to use starfall)

Alts:

I have 967 ilvl MM hunter with 78 traits that I can use for progression.
Armory here:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/stormscale/cyakids

Professions:

My moonkin: Alchemy/herbalistm
My hunter: LW/skinning - only recipe for mail legendary

Raiding Experience:

Vanilla: Didn't play
Tbc: Played only for fun on the beginning, started raiding in BT,SP just for fun with friends
Wotlk: ICC 12/12 nm 10/25
Cata: FL7/7 10 hc, DS 8/8 10nm/hc 5/8 25 hc 8/8 25n
MoP: SoO full hc
WoD: didn't raid at all

Legion:
EN 7/7 M (cutting edge)
ToV 3/3 M (Cutting edge)
NH 10/10 M (cutting edge)
ToS 9/9M (cutting edge)
ATBT 7/10M (Missing kill on Imonar and Kin'garoth)

Back in days I was swaping classes, but since cataclysm I fully play balance druid.

Previous Guilds:

I was in guild called Sublime on silvermoon but after killing Kil'jeaden on mythic we disbanded. Then I switched to horde and joined SOmething Wrong, but on the beginning of Anthorus I was having connection issue, and after fixing my internet I decided to step out from raiding and joined my friend's guild Just kill the boss as helpfull dps. Even when they offered me trial spot, they're most likely hardcore raiding guild for me and I am searching for more chilled guild that have fun during progress. :)

Availability:

Because I'm still studying on university, I have alot of free time, so I can reach 99% raid attendance.

Communication:

My English is at a good level for communication, I have TS and I have working mic and I'm willing to use it.

Computer / Connection:

Since I fixed my internet I don't remember I was lagging or dcing. My computer is good and fps aswell.

Addons/UI:

My UI ss:
https://imgur.com/zh3Qo7X

Addons for raiding:
DBM - really helpfull and important addon.
AA - some guilds req it for tactic coordination.
Weak auras
Skada

Other Games:

Don't play any other games.

Why Iron Edge?

I'm searching for group of people that is having fun to play together as a team. Not only during raid but also playing

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I think I can prove myself to be helpfull for progression or farm raids. Also like to do m+ and help guildies. :)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WOwprogress.

Last Words?

Like I said on before, I think I can prove myself to be helpfull for progression. :)

March 19, 2018, 11:14:10 am
Reply #1

Offline dráani

• Former Member

Re: Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Abbimist
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 11:14:10 am »
hi Abbimist

Nicely written application hopefully moon agrees!

best of luck

andy
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

March 19, 2018, 11:36:35 am
Reply #2

Offline Bouncy

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 11:36:35 am »
Very nice application. :)

March 19, 2018, 02:00:47 pm
Reply #3

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 02:00:47 pm »
Hi there,

Can you link logs of recent performances please?

Also, can you explain why your stat priority is haste before mastery please? Are there caps you aim for while playing balance.

Cheers,

Tutan

March 19, 2018, 02:54:31 pm
Reply #4

Offline Abbi

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 02:54:31 pm »
Hey Tutan,

We might misunderstood each other, I understood application's question as "what are your main stats for your class" That's why I said Intellect, haste and mastery (because going for versatility, what can be  helpfull only in pvp is kinda worthless in pve), and I didn't mean it like my priority is haste before mastery. After being hit capped and getting more Intellect, haste, same as mastery are main stat priority.
There isn't really haste cap for balance druid, but my experience having 28% haste in single target spec without T20 4 set bonus is fair enough. Also 25% haste with T20 4 set was duable too.
Essentially, the goal is to get haste and mastery on every item.

Against multiple targets, mastery is better than Haste.

There are my logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/abbimist

Sadly I don't have actual logs from mythic difficulty because like I said before, I was raiding only on the beginning of Anthorus before I had to fix my connection issue + my guild isn't private logging. Heroic logs are only from random pug logs.

Also I'd like to mention that I don't play only for orange logs. I think doing mechanics properly (like is soaking, moving out with debuff, moving into right position) is way more important than stay with debuff, tryharding on orange logs and wipe whole raid.

March 19, 2018, 03:17:52 pm
Reply #5

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 03:17:52 pm »
Hi Abbi,

We didn't misunderstand each other at all; I wanted to see if you could give me a detailed explanation showing knowledge of your class!

If I'm entirely honest as well I've been playing on a balance druid alt alot and I wanted to see if your thoughts on the stat priority were in line with what information is available online. 

You have answered well, thank you!

Moon will have a look over your logs, the decision on your application rests with the ranged and other officers.

One other question, what resources do you use to keep updated with changes to balance?

Tutan

March 19, 2018, 04:27:35 pm
Reply #6

Offline Abbi

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 04:27:35 pm »
I'm glad Tutan. ^^

As main resources to keep track on latest news for my class are probably websites Icy weins and wowhead. Because there are always changes for each patch (in rotation, that can be helpful, in legendaries etc).
Also I'm on discord channel (Dreamgrove) for druids, where players are sharing ideas and advices for all specs. :)
+ Some of my friends are playing moonkin aswell so if we find out something usefull, we share it with everyone. :D

March 19, 2018, 07:32:46 pm
Reply #7

Offline Lethys

• Officer

• Lets Alfie this place up.

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 07:32:46 pm »
It's a good app :)

I just have one question...
working weekends in a gym (family business)

Do you even lift though...?
Any comments or statements made by Lethys are not representative of Iron Edge as a whole.

March 19, 2018, 07:37:13 pm
Reply #8

Offline Abbi

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 07:37:13 pm »
Glad you like my app guys. :)

To Lethys: I do, but just to keep myself fit :D /flex

March 19, 2018, 09:44:40 pm
Reply #9

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 09:44:40 pm »
Glad you like my app guys. :)

To Lethys: I do, but just to keep myself fit :D /flex

Don’t worry, Lethys lifts too, but that’s to burn off the 2000 calorie lunch he had, being a greasy kebab n chips - no salad.

Nice apply, I’ve got me a Druid boomkin alt, although I don’t think I know the slightest about it currently, our ranged officer is currently dying of man flu so he may not reply so soon but the other officers may step in with any other questions they have.

Good apply, good luck
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

March 20, 2018, 12:39:57 am
Reply #10

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 12:39:57 am »
Hi Abbimist!

I'd like to offer you a trial. Please read this thread in preparation for raiding with us.

Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:11:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

61 Guests, 0 Users