Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Cryptonitas

October 22, 2018, 02:26:08 am
Read 3576 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Cryptonitas
« on: October 22, 2018, 02:26:08 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Cryptonitas
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Cryptonitas/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: Weekend Raider

Personal Info:

Hey im George from greece and im 24 years old.im a musician,currently working on my masters degree while also working as a musician

Class/Spec:

im holy/disc basiacally since cata nonstop.im at 372 with both specs.i love priests because ive been a healer basically my whole wow "career" so whats better than having 2 healing specs to swap between for fun/progression

im currently going mastery-crit and not the other way around like some priests cause i feel like mastery is a progression stat and im not interested on just topping meters on farm nights instead of killing bosses.pom on cd,spam binding heal for as long as my mana lets me and using halo/holy words as needed.also trying to time my many cds as better as possible.i dont use heal/poh/renew cause they are bad from a healing/mana ratio

Alts:

resto druid-resto shaman-lock-mw monk(alliance-silvermoon) but i always have all classes maxed and raid ready by mid expansion since im a legit altoholic.currently every char is in the 340-350 range cause its early in bfa and have to focus on my main more

Professions:

herb/alchemy maxed with all flasks rank 3(and cauldron) cause i like farming herbs and making flasks for profit while i also keep some for myself.also love the double duration on flasks since i raid a lot on that char and it saves money.got mining/tailoring/leatherworking/skinning/inscription/enchanting maxed atm,more to come

Raiding Experience:

curve on everything since wotlk.havent done any cutting edge while it was current cause i was semi casual since wod and mostly raided heroic.i had cleared everything until wod when mythic became a thing.i did some arenas and rbgs over the years but mostly casually with friends.can definitely hold my own but nothing special to show there in terms of rating.im a diehard healer so i mostly did that while tanking and dpsing casually with alts or my os if needed.i have extensive knowledge of pretty much any spec in the game though so i know the strengths and weaknesses as well as mechanics of classes in both pve and pvp

Previous Guilds:

too many to count since i have played since tbc.i usually leave because of lack of progress.i always seem to find friendly guilds that have no progress cause of casual players or guilds that have the progress but are too elitist/blunt to have any fun with.trying to find the balance between the 2.i have found it some times but most guilds disbanded due to various reasons

Availability:

i play a lot every day mostly noon and late night.i can raid just about any times tuesdays-thursdays-saturdays-sundays.no exams coming any time soon and i love wow too much to not take it with me on holidays :P

Communication:

yes to everything

Computer / Connection:

i rarely have lag or dcs.my fps can drop in certain places(as most people experience with bfa:P) but nothing i cant manage or that affects my ability to be great.i am looking to invest in a better gpu in the coming months to eliminate any issues entirely

Addons/UI:

elvui and Suf for the looks/extra information-dbm for obvious reasons-decursive since i find it a must have for any healer-exr to keep track of raid cds and battle rez timers-quartz for customisable cast bar-omnicc for the cd visuals

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1975/44757268214_5b9166b07e_b.jpg

Other Games:

too many since im also a playstation gamer.most notably atm i play skyrim-eso-AC-lol-nba but Wow takes most of my time

Why Iron Edge?

looking for a fun raiding environment that values progress at the same time.playing with people you like is great and all but if people are bad i dont want to waste my time with them just for an extra bit of laugh.wiping on easy mechanics over and over isnt fun no matter who you do it with

What can I offer Iron Edge?

always being raid ready in terms of consumables,doing my best to gear up optimally even outside scheduled raids,having knowledge of all boss mechanics even the ones for other roles.i tend to be vocal and helpful and i always put guild progress above my numbers(hence why i stopped using healing meters during the fight to stop me from trying to snipe others and wasting my mana just to be top.i can look at logs AFTER the raid and improve on that).if the raid days/hours suit me i will always be there.im never late and i rarely miss raid nights.even if i do,you will be notified in advance.i also dont mind hopping on alts or respeccing for certain bosses to help the guild as long as its a reasonable amount of times

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

battle net kazzak recruitment forums

Last Words?

although i apply for the one day raid group that doesnt mean i cant raid on certain days too.if the main group needs me or there is an extra raid night i can be there as long as i can make it.i can also provide logs if needed

October 22, 2018, 07:00:33 pm
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Cryptonitas
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 07:00:33 pm »
Hello there.

I wasn't expecting our first app to be a priest. But they are quite powerful (at least healing-wise... for now).
Seeing how we have 3 priests at the moment, 3 of each spec, how comfortable are you with switching to a dps spec or stand-by time?

Thanks!
Ba dun tss!

October 22, 2018, 07:35:14 pm
Reply #2

Offline Syhndel

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 07:35:14 pm »
Hello there!

Just a few things:

Raiding Experience:
Would you be so kind as to elaborate what your raiding experience is for this expansion? Nothing fancy, even just a quick 4/5 Heroic or something. I know we can look it up on your armory profile but the whole point of this section is for you to have a chance to paint a picture of your experience with raiding.
I did take the time to look up your progress and it shows 7/8 HC Uldir. Would you care to elaborate on what your experience with Ghuun is? did you ever get to P2 or P3 etc. At this point in the expansion it's not that hard to find a PUG for ghuun especially as a healing priest with your item level.

Availability:
I find it strange that a person with so much time available would choose to raid 1-day. But to each his own I guess.
Again, perhaps it's just me, but your neck level and M+ score look a little low for a person that could spend a lot of time pimping his toon. I get it that you have a lot of alts, but then we are recruiting you for your main so I'm really hoping you don't treat it like your main alt.

Last Words?
although i apply for the one day raid group that doesnt mean i cant raid on certain days too.if the main group needs me or there is an extra raid night i can be there as long as i can make it.i can also provide logs if needed

Just to be sure you know this, the Weekend raid is it's own thing. It's not a gateway to the Main Raid or some sort of trial thing for that. If anything, being part of the Weekend raid disqualifies you for a spot in the Main Raid.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 07:44:01 pm by Syhndel »

October 25, 2018, 11:07:40 pm
Reply #3

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 11:07:40 pm »
Since this post has no replies from the applicant, i will decline the app.

Good luck on your search!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:37:37 pm by Rash »
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:56:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

66 Guests, 1 User
Spetsnaz