Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Holy Pally 10 Man Group B Recruitment

May 05, 2012, 03:00:39 pm
Read 7120 times

Shea

Holy Pally 10 Man Group B Recruitment
« on: May 05, 2012, 03:00:39 pm »
Personal Information

Hi my name is Shea Bethell and I live in South Africa, I'm 23 years old and I am a huge WoW and football fan. I have played football since I was 5 years old and WoW for the past year. I enjoy the social part of WoW just as much as the game play which is why I find it hard to find a guild that I enjoy playing with. Most are either too juvenile or don't speak English.

Character Information

My gear can be seen here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Gerook/simple

I was very sceptical at first about playing as a healer but I found it surprisingly fun and challenging. I have been exceptionally lucky with gear on Gerook and obtained the 5 set in 3 weeks after dinging 85 :P. I chose to replace the set leg item with legs I crafted with my alt who obviously has BSing.

I have a tank OS also with the 5 set and also with crafted 397 legs in place of the set leg item.

I have 396 Arms Warrior and a recently dinged +/-385 Survival Hunter to offer the guild if needed. My warrior is extremely experienced too and you can see his armoury here:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dunemaul/Malema/simple

Raiding

My raiding times are flexible as I work some week nights but I am free to choose which nights I work. I may have IRL commitments during the week, but im sure we all do at times and Im able to log in later. I will notify the raid leader or on forums a good deal of time before a raid or event if I am not able to make it but I generally don't miss raids as I freakin LOVE raiding!

More specific times:

Mondays: Whenever required
Tuesdays: Whenever required
Wednesdays: Whenever required
Thursdays: Whenever required
Fridays: Available but prefer not
Saturday: Available but prefer not
Sundays: Whenever required

Gaming (optional) and World Of Warcraft history

I haven't been playing on-line games all that long as internet prices and speed have only recently (Last few years) become affordable and fast enough for gaming in South Africa but I did play Warcraft 3 and I managed to get ranked in the top 2000 EU players in Warcraft 3. The first Blizzard game I played was Diablo 2 which I was insanely addicted too at the tender age of 13 :D, continued with War3 and went on to Starcraft 2 (which I am currently platinum ranked) and finally ended in World Of Warcraft.

I have been in the guild EX IMPERATOR for some time now, I was in fact the 3rd person to ever join the guild, but they are not interested in expanding to 2 x 10 man teams and when players leave the guild there is always an issue where the first raid team is short a healer or tank and a pug is required. I have tried extremely hard to create the 2nd 10 man team but with no support I got tired and unmotivated and finally started looking for a new guild. I like a lot of the players in EX but they are also a bit younger than me and at times I find immaturity pissing me off.
I have 2 Heroic achievements but I have tried and know tactics for all the first 6 HC encounters in the DS raid.

Why do you want to join Iron Edge?
Apart from the obvious facts that Iron Edge is the top ranked guild in Dunemaul, the main reasons for me wanting to join is that I am almost certain the social side and attitude towards fellow players and events will suit me to a tee. I don't want to simply be in the best guild I want to be in a guild that makes the game even more enjoyable. As I stated earlier I view the social part of WoW as extremely important and if I'm not happy with it I wont enjoy the game. Iron Edges' prestige is also a strong factor why I chose to apply.

What can I offer to Iron Edge?
I can offer a dedicated and loyal player with a great sense of humour who is always willing to go the extra mile and help out. I am extremely active logging in almost everyday. I am extremely confident that I am exactly the type of player Iron Edge requires to fill their ranks. I am above average intelligence and brains are quite a large requirement in some circumstances in the game.

Last words?
Yes I am an extremely loyal person. I did inform my old guild I was looking for a new guild instead of just leaving with out a word. And I think its fair to point out Im not a "guild hopper" having only been in 2 guilds my entire career in WoW.
I look forward to your responses.
Thanks,
Shea Bethell from the Southern most tip of Africa.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:19:34 pm by graxlos »

May 05, 2012, 05:21:54 pm
Reply #1

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

Re: Holy Pally 10 Man Group B Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 05:21:54 pm »
Nice application.

I dont think your current raiding experience counts as "extremely experienced" in our minds ;)

Do you know any of our current and former South african members?

Surim,lycanus,rootzy,kagemoth etc?

Bears like alts!

May 05, 2012, 05:32:08 pm
Reply #2

Offline Hulkie

• Former Member

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 05:32:08 pm »
amazing apply, i did a HC try with him on my mage alt thought raid failed he new the way of completing it. thumbs up by me. Gl m8

May 05, 2012, 05:39:03 pm
Reply #3

Offline HitNrun_

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 05:39:03 pm »
I like your application too, but as gaeios said the expirience is a bit low. This doesnt mean that you dont know how to play. As i said i like the application, i dont know about pala enchants or geming but i think you have an unenchanted slot (shoulders) which i think is therazane exalted (not sure about it) that you should get. Other i cant tell as i said before i dont really know enchanting and geming, you will wait for more replys

May 05, 2012, 05:49:18 pm
Reply #4

Offline Sheikone

• Former Member

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 05:49:18 pm »
application is fine.I am bit tired how ppl apply these days and its good to see a readable application at once.

I had a conversation with that guy and i think that gear dont recognize him as player.I mean his personality > over his gear and this is a thing that you cant see it so often as before ..

May 05, 2012, 07:16:23 pm
Reply #5

Offline Doomslay

• Guild Member

• Inertia Computers
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 07:16:23 pm »
Great application - If we don't have an opening for you i'd like to get you to possibly join us as a social/casual member untill MoP when we re-organise the 25 man raid, you seem like the kind of person i'd like to have on my healing team.

Good luck.
doomslay/x/fs/y/z

May 07, 2012, 04:54:32 pm
Reply #6

Offline Gerook

• Vendor Trash

• Peace be the..... What was I saying again?

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 04:54:32 pm »
Hey guys, not sure if you saw my response here: http://www.iron-edge.co.uk/index.php?topic=6962.0

I tried logging into the IRC chat but I haven't used IRC chat before  :'( and its telling me my IP address is blocked...

[16:48] == +++ Your IP address (41.13.0.175) is BLOCKED by our DNS blacklist!

What client can I Download to join and where?
Lastly, where do we take it from here? When will I get a yes/no confirmation or an invite?  ;D

May 07, 2012, 06:29:20 pm
Reply #7

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 06:29:20 pm »
For your phone your can use stuff like androirc, if you have an Iphone I cant help you :P

For your computer you can use Mirc, but I think you should try the webclient again, it might be just a temporary ban.

Bears like alts!

May 07, 2012, 06:30:24 pm
Reply #8

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 06:30:24 pm »
Oh and regarding your application. I dont mind inviting you as a social member for MOP, but as far as a raiding spot you need a reply from sheikone or hitnrun I think.

Bears like alts!

May 08, 2012, 05:13:27 pm
Reply #9

Offline Sheikone

• Former Member

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 05:13:27 pm »
Evening mate and sorry for late response.

Are you able to raid with your Paladin/Warrior at Wednesday 19:15 (game time) ?Do you have problem if we could use your warrior sometimes too ?or you prefer to play as holy these days.

May 09, 2012, 12:03:50 pm
Reply #10

Offline Gerook

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 12:03:50 pm »
Hey Sheikone,

I am able to raid tonight with either the pally or the warrior. Let me know which you need. I will log on at about 17:00 this evening when im home from work, if you are online ill contact you for an invite.

Have a great day further!

May 09, 2012, 12:58:57 pm
Reply #11

Offline Rootzy

• Guild Member

• The boar killer

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 12:58:57 pm »
nice app,nice to see a fellow south african applying to a number 1 guild,good luck with the app and with the raid if you join in  ;)
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

May 09, 2012, 02:23:23 pm
Reply #12

Offline Gerook

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 02:23:23 pm »
nice app,nice to see a fellow south african applying to a number 1 guild,good luck with the app and with the raid if you join in  ;)

Thanks mate, Im sure you found my character names to be rather "South African" with Malema (My black Tauren, looks a bit like a pig) and Gerook (Im sure you can work that one out) :D

May 09, 2012, 02:34:33 pm
Reply #13

Offline Rootzy

• Guild Member

• The boar killer

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 02:34:33 pm »
i actually remember whispering your character malema asking if you were south african when i saw you talking in trade channel lol
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

May 09, 2012, 02:36:45 pm
Reply #14

Offline Surim

• Guild Member

• The African

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 02:36:45 pm »
Welcome. Hardly read the application posts anymore.

Na Graxlos, he is from another part of SA. He is living in Johannesburg, I'm in East London. Actually planning on moving to JHB next year.
Sometimes, when I'm alone and can't sleep at night, I get naked, rub Vasoline all over my body and pretend I'm a slug in the kitchen. Ever tried it?

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:05:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

38 Guests, 0 Users