Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Psycos

March 10, 2014, 12:56:22 pm
Read 3824 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Psycos
« on: March 10, 2014, 12:56:22 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Psycos
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Psycos/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hey I'm Jake, 23 from Newcastle in England. I am a student in my final year at university(nearly done yay). I enjoy gaming and mixed martial arts both of which I enjoy as a way of testing myself.

Class/Spec:

My specs are Shadow and Disc. I am coming from being leader of a guild and being a main healer. I have almost collected a full shadow set barring 1-2 items. I understand you are looking for DPS classes and I am more than willing to my shadow my mainspec.

Alts:

I have 3 other 90's- Mage, Warrior and Shaman. They are all mid LFR/Flex level of gear. I am looking to gear my mage above the others.

Professions:

I have tailoring/enchanting on my Priest, I took them for the synergy they brought when I levelled. Should you feel min/maxing is an absolute priority I would be okay with dropping either one.

Raiding Experience:

My raiding exp largely lies in TBC/Wotlk where I did most of my Hardcore raiding. I had much more free time back then and was able to kill Mu'ru in SWP before heading into Wotlk and clearing every boss apart from LK hc(the one night i missed my guild took him down). I dabbled in PVE at the very start of Cataclysm but my passion during that xpac was PVP. I managed to achieve 2700+ rating on my warrior and was 1 win away from achieving gladiator rating.
I didn't play much during the first part of MoP but since returning in 5.4 I have caught up to current content and I am looking to clear Hc before WoD.

Previous Guilds:

Since returning to the game in 5.4 I have only been in one guild. Which was a guild I ran with a few friends called <Iron Legion> (forgive the name we didn't know!) however I am not enjoying being a guild leader and wish to play with a little less responsibility outside of raids.

Availability:

I am available for 2 nights of the week, those nights are currently Mon,Wed,Thurs,Sat,Sun any combination of the two are suitable for me however I cannot do more. I will attend 100% of the raids on those nights unless something comes up. I will give notice should anything arise.

Communication:

Being English I would hope I am up to scratch. I am vocal and more than happy to make calls etc.

Computer / Connection:

I built my PC just before christmas just gone. It's a very powerful machine and I recently got fibre internet which is 100% uptime so far.

Addons/UI:

I use ElvUi with Skada, Omen and DBM. http://imgur.com/JdRCULL

Other Games:

I enjoy Dota2 and League of Legends, though those games bring out my most competitive nature. I get quite animated when I play them. I also have Battlefield 4 which is fun every now and again

Why Iron Edge?

You guild literally fits every goal and mantra I want. I don't know any of you personally but Your website struck me as well put together, and active beyond a glorified recruitment board. And I love cats.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

You will get a player which will step up when needed, somebody who will stick through the lows and work for the highs. I have experience with all aspects of the game and I think I am an alright guy :p

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

A friend who just applied too!

Last Words?

I know my gear is not optimal for shadow, and more leaning to healing. This won't take long to remedy and you will not be carrying any dead weight.

March 10, 2014, 02:11:51 pm
Reply #1

Offline Valkyrie

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Priest (DPS/Healer) - Psycos
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:11:51 pm »
Gear is a bit low for progress on the last 3 bosses. It worries me a little that it would take a lot of time gearing you up, since we only clear farm content every other week or so.

Now, your gear setup is far from optimal for shadow, which I assume is because you went from healer to DPS. I'd like to see your healing set if possible, and I'd like to hear you explain how you would optimally gear your shadow set if you had the items you wanted.

That being said, you look well worth a trial spot to me. I've been wanting a player with competent healing and DPS specs for a while now. :P

Thanks for applying, and let's see what the rest of our officers have to say.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:23:06 pm by Emopuff »

March 10, 2014, 03:24:41 pm
Reply #2

Offline psycosyo

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 03:24:41 pm »
I understand, I updated my armory to show my healing set. In regards to shadow gearing, besides the obvious upgrades for some lower ilvl items I need to look at removing my extra spirit/hit. Clocking considerable amount more hit that necessary.

If it counts for anything I will have 10 coins by next reset as I was saving for heroic kills :p

March 11, 2014, 04:51:19 pm
Reply #3

Offline psycosyo

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 04:51:19 pm »
Hey there, couldn't see an edit post option but I wanted to say I have fixed my shadow set and have managed to reach the +3 VT/SWP haste breakpoint and drop to 15.16% hit. While maintaining my Crit/Mastery at very close values(2pc t16)

Moving on with gearing I shall be looking to move towards GCD haste breakpoint. If I haven't mentioned something I will be happy to add more, I felt as though my previous answer was a little vague.

March 12, 2014, 04:51:54 pm
Reply #4

Offline Valkyrie

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 04:51:54 pm »
Sorry for the delay. I would be willing to take you on as a trial, but as its been decided that we're going to extend our raid lock indefinitely after next week (probably until we down garrosh), you might want to look elsewhere for a guild that's closer to your level. That said, if you this doesn't bother you, you can have an invite today.

March 12, 2014, 06:03:08 pm
Reply #5

Offline Valkyrie

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 06:03:08 pm »
Also, if you join today, you'll be able to attend our last farm raid tomorrow (on thursday).

August 27, 2014, 07:26:27 pm
Reply #6

Offline psycosyo

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 07:26:27 pm »
Hey guys, I took a break after 25man was sadly called off, but before I did I moved my priest out of the guild for a PVP guild (why do they always suck -_-). Now that I am back to the game I don't quite have the same time I had before so I was wondering if I could rejoin as a social member?

I wasn't in the guild for too long but I did feel a strong sense of community here and would very much enjoy being back in the bunch :)   

August 28, 2014, 02:57:55 pm
Reply #7

safire

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 02:57:55 pm »
Hai. :)

I don't see a problem with you joining as a social again. You can poke me or another officer for an invite. :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:06:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 0 Users