Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Shaman (Healer) - Meggz

April 02, 2014, 08:11:45 pm
Read 2495 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Shaman (Healer) - Meggz
« on: April 02, 2014, 08:11:45 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Meggz
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Meggz/advanced
Class/Spec: Shaman (Healer)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Megan
Living in Sweden, but born and raised South African
Currently studying (to learn swedish)

Class/Spec:

Main Spec = Resto 571ilvl. I kind of forced to go healer in the guild my boyfriend and i had in the start of SoO as the sever we were on was really dead and could had get pugs for filling in gaps, So i took it on myself to reroll and help the team. The reason i took Shaman was our main healer was a druid and wanted either a disc or shaman. As we had a back up disc that could make every other week we chose shaman for the variety.

Off Spec = Elem ilvl 563 or (567 if i use some of my HC geared pieces that have mastery), i am not a big fan of playing elem as i only ever use it to do quests (Epoch Stones) or kill mobs to farm coins and so on. I have never had to really use it in raiding and i have 563 ilvl hunter i normally dps raids on instead.

Alts:

Currently i have:
1x SV hunter (Pralice) ready to start HC with 563 ilvl.
1x 2nd Resto shaman (Ariat) 530ilvl (free boost, Doing Flex as far as i can with my ilvl, Lfr hasnt been my best of friend)
and 1x Gdruid (Nitá) 547ilvl that i am trying to start Normals (not that im the best tank in the world but i like knowing and understanding all aspects of a fight)
** With having one of each roll i feel i get to know the fight from all aspects and know why tanks or dps take damage or why healers have to heal more at certian times)

Professions:

Have Enchanting and Blacksmithing both maxed, i have 10/11 professions maxed to help me make sure i have everything i need for all my alts regardless if they are actually raiding or not)
Uuuuuuh with this being a new(er) account, i have been a bit cba to farm rep all over again, i am in the slow to getting there process of getting my weapon enchants.

Yes, i am an alt whore =/

Raiding Experience:

I was a raiding late bloomer, i started Raiding when my first guild have progressing HoF on a hunter (laaná, that my bf is currently using in Norrland Guld) , i was kinda thrown in the deep end and told i had no choice but to do well with my 300 - 800ms 250 if it was a really really god day. from there i Did up to 5/6MSV HC.

I have not been to luck with raid teams as most of them have either failed at recruiting or just disband because of conflict. In ToT i moved severs and then moved back to the old one (i was a follower of the other half, as we always raided together i went were he wanted to)in the end I got 2/13HC ToT and this tier hasn´t been any better with guilds. I started SoO on my new account with my hunter (pralice) and well i have explained the story. We moved to kazzak as we have friends here and we decided it would be better for us to go our own raiding ways. and here i am with 10/14HC of SoO.

Previous Guilds:

Horde Defenders - they were recruiting for HC progression and decided to take a 6week break 2 week after i joined leaving me a few other to pug HCs (10man) getting 5 down, they then wanted the people that puged the HCs to boost some of the other raiders in 10man and gear new people not ready for HC progression in a 2nd 10man team. They then tryed to force us to 25man Normal to gear people and at that point i had enough so i left.

Hydra - I appyed to them with them having the knowledge i only had 5 bosses and all went well. I was then thrown into dpsing HC fights with really bad DPS gear and this made my moral very bad. they started having issues with every little thing people did wrong but did not apply there guild rules to raiding or the guild and took advantage or there superiority. They kicked trials for being 5 mins late or not showing, they didn't bother promoting or demoting trials and they in the end they decided to go 10man and discarded players they didn't want anymore. They have now disband.. Submission was a 10man team i went into as a social or back up but 10man isn't what i am interested in. so i invited myself back to my alt guild to "retire" till i found a new home.

Availability:

I tend to plan my life around raids as raiding is something i enjoyed doing until it became and unfriendly environment, The only time i know of i will not be able to make raids is for a week in July as we have a family holiday =/

Communication:

Yes, English is my mother tongue. I have all all forms of Voice coms, and both a working mic and semi working head set (i have a tendency to snap an ear off every now ad then) but it doesn't affect me listening or talking.

Computer / Connection:

I have a very capable PC and the only issues i ever had with lag and DCing is the last week or so with the Blizzard mishap.

My avg fps is 70-90 and ms is 37/38

Addons/UI:

GTFO - I list this first because it should be a necessity for raiding.
DBM, Recount/skada.
Hermes, Need to know, Tell me when.
i use these so i know what CDs are left or if i can ask for a mana regen, as well as to know when i have spell coming off CD and when i can recall a totem to get mana back.
Bartender, MSBT, Omen3, OmniCC, Prat, Quarts, and RSA.
These i use to optimise my UI and RSA so other know when i have used one of my spells

**UI Screen shot**
http://i.imgur.com/3wiksZM.jpg
(somethings have change but mostly just small placements of bars)

Other Games:

I have played Diablo 3, Hearthstone, and enjoyed a weekend of Wild star. but nothing as much as i play WoW.

Why Iron Edge?

I am looking for a friendly environment that doesn't judge people or compare ilvl and classes unless they really know what they are talking about and i have been told that Iron Edge can offer me these small pleasures.  

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am a dedicated and hard working raider, i will my utmost to keep improving and will take constructive criticism to beeter my self and game play, i know i have room for improvement but i am will to give my all and pull my all in to please.  

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

Friend, Bumbiana

Last Words?

I know you are current not looking for Healers, Bumbi and her other half are trying to do me a favor by helping me find a new happy home. I do not mind sitting out on progress bosses or be replaced for certain days i am looking for some where more to fit in and just make sure the team always has a person around.

April 03, 2014, 04:38:53 am
Reply #1

safire

Re: Raider Application - Shaman (Healer) - Meggz
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 04:38:53 am »
Even though we're not really looking for more healers atm, I'd hate to decline an application like this. To me it's very well written. :D

Though, I cannot talk to you about your class and such, as I'm still quite bad at being a shaman, so lets see what the others say :)

April 03, 2014, 09:02:48 am
Reply #2

Offline Valkyrie

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 09:02:48 am »
Looks promising to me, I'd like to bring you on board.

We usually have to bench a couple of healers most raids, but if you're alright with that, there should be no problems.

A geared, experienced and competent player is always welcome in my eyes. Will get final confirmation from the leadership and get back to you.

April 03, 2014, 09:29:27 am
Reply #3

Offline Valkyrie

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 09:29:27 am »
Welcome on board. Ask for an officer to invite you at your convenience.

April 03, 2014, 09:50:55 am
Reply #4

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 09:50:55 am »
Make sure you make an account on the forum and get it approved, so you can respond here and post about  being afk.

Bears like alts!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:55:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

60 Guests, 0 Users