Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Mage (DPS) - Coldwinter

April 09, 2014, 06:39:09 pm
Read 3103 times

Applicant

Social Application - Mage (DPS) - Coldwinter
« on: April 09, 2014, 06:39:09 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Coldwinter
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Coldwinter/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: social

Personal Info:

Hello, since a little bit of humor does not seem to fly with the Iron Edge dudes, I'll try again on request. I'll try to answer these questions in a serious fashion as far as I can.

My name is Don, I am a 20 year old student from the Netherlands.

Class/Spec:

I have played pretty much every class and every spec in the game to a certain extend. Some classes got boring to me faster than others, but there remained a couple of classes that I just never got bored of. Mage is the most fun class to me due to it's overall style of gameplay. There is no such thing as a noob mage that can do well. It's a class with one of the higher skill caps in this game, and it allows a good mage to destroy the other team, whereas a bad mage will get destroyed by the worst players.

Alts:

No relevant alts on kazzak or horde for that matter, due to playing alliance for the most of my WoW ''carreer''.

Professions:

Tailoring and Enchanting.
I have tailoring because of the lightweave proc.
It allows me to line up my procs and do a lot of damage.
I have enchanting because I'm mainly a PvPer, and enchanting turned out to be economically efficient.

Raiding/PVP Experience:

I started playing in TBC, where I played a gnome mage. I never raided much back then though. When Wrath of the Lich King came around, it really got me hooked. I was in relative semi-pro guilds with which we cleared content. At this moment in time I played a frost death knight.
Thereafter I quit during cataclysm and returned when MoP came around.
At this point I started to get interested in PvP.
Over the past couple of years I have been dedicated to improve in PvP, studying my gameplay to see what I could do better in duels. Once I mastered this on a couple of classes, I hopped into arena.

I have played most classes and specs on the PTR to atleast 1600 in 2s.
The highest of which I got with my mage, which was 1.9k
Then again, up to this point I had always just played for fun, without a consistent team to push rating or whatnot. So I can't say what my actual skill level would currently be.

Previous Guilds:

No mentionable ones. The ones that I was in, I either left because they didn't appeal to me in terms of what they had to offer, or I ended up not getting along with a couple of veteran guildies. I am over that now, though.

Availability:

During the holidays I will be working for my uncle in the United States for 10 weeks. Other than that I go to school every day, except for the weekends. I'm available most of the time, and pretty much play whenever I have time and desire to do so.

Communication:

English is my second language basically. I scored on and around 90% on every English test in the past. Formulation of sentences is no issue. My mic however, appears to be not the greatest. It has worked well for a long time, but lately it seems to be acting up according to some arena partners. I am willing to buy a new one if it's too drastic for others in the guild to listen to.

Computer / Connection:

I have an i5 processor with an Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 TI and 4 GB ram.
It's not the greatest but it provides me with 60+ FPS in most situations.

Addons/UI:

I only use a couple of addons that make tracking of cooldowns easier.
Other than that I like to manually keep track of things so that I don't have to rely on an addon when it suddenly isn't updated anymore.

Other Games:

I have played many other MMOs in the past. I will spare you the details, but right now I pretty much only play WoW on the PC. Other than WoW I play a couple of other games on the PS3, but I don't think that telling you the titles of these is relevant to your question.

Why Iron Edge?

I am a dedicated PvPer. I came from outland, where I could never find good arena mates, because high achievements we're always required. I just started and simply didn't have them. Hence I decided to play casual at the time.
Once I came to kazzak, I decided it's time to find people to push rating with. And I have chosen your guild to apply to.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am a dedicated PvPer. I can help you push rating and perhaps be a friend to many.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

I play a lot of arena with Anarawen. She suggested I should make an application for this guild, and so I did.

Last Words?

If this won't do, then I'm probably just not suited for your guild and unfortunately forced to continue my search for a good PvP guild.

April 09, 2014, 06:50:14 pm
Reply #1

Offline Aleynnah

• Former Member

• (Anarawen)

Re: Social Application - Mage (DPS) - Coldwinter
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 06:50:14 pm »
Much better application! :)
Play a lot of arena with this guy indeed, he's a cool guy and I think he'll fit right in with us :)

April 09, 2014, 06:58:24 pm
Reply #2

Offline Aretum

• Officer

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 06:58:24 pm »
Indeed it is, shame there was no actual attempt at humour.
"CAPTAIN! WE'RE SURROUNDED!"
"EXCELLENT, we can fire in any direction now"

April 10, 2014, 01:48:58 pm
Reply #3

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 01:48:58 pm »
Your face is an actual attempt of humor....
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

April 10, 2014, 03:16:49 pm
Reply #4

safire

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 03:16:49 pm »
This was much better :) You can poke me or another officer for an invite :)

April 10, 2014, 03:49:51 pm
Reply #5

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 03:49:51 pm »
You don't get bonus points for claiming that the reason we didnt like your lazy application was our lack of humour, as you can see in the replies...

Bears like alts!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:32:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

51 Guests, 0 Users