Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Satira

September 29, 2014, 07:25:05 pm
Read 6944 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Satira
« on: September 29, 2014, 07:25:05 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Satira
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Satira/advanced
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Paulius Tamosiunas, 24, Vilnius, Lithuania, Working in IT.

Class/Spec:

My main spec for WoD will be Restoration. I chose it because I enjoy healing and most of my raiding experience in WoW is associated with it. In the past I used to play a Holy Priest and an Elemental Shaman (for WotLK). It just seemed like a good mix.

My gear level is nothing to write home about, because I just created a new character/account, but it should not really mean much for the new expansion anyway.

Alts:

Professions:

New Account no professions yet and might just rely on Drayne to provide me with anything I need. Considering I do level them up it will be JC and Mining most likely. Considering there is no longer and boost from it (retarded to begin with) this should not be an issue.

Raiding Experience:

Vanilla: Not much, joined pretty late
TBC: Complete Clear pre-patching
WotLK: Clear up to Coliseum 1st boss (I quit after we downed the first boss due to lacking content at the time)

Wildstar: 2/6 before people started quitting in droves.

SW:ToR: Partial Clear on the first raid instance (went as a joke, cleared it apart from the last boss got confused and went to do jumping puzzles instead)

I've also played a fair amount of other MMOs but would not classify anything as raiding there.

Previous Guilds:

Don't even recall many of them. I quit before Guilds were the be all do all and spent a lot of my time in a raiding community, which consisted of multiple raiding guilds at the time. I guess the most hardcore raiding I did was with Nightfall back in Argent Dawn during TBC.

Availability:

Weekends Free, but subject to change, depending on the week itself.

Work: 09:00 - 18:00 (19:00 Home) GMT+2 (Summer GMT+3)

Holidays, when I feel like it, but would inform in advance.

Communication:

Yes to all of them, though I should probably buy a new headset so you don't hear yourselves when I speak.

Computer / Connection:

I have a good connection, which is really stable and a pretty good computer as well. I currently use a laptop, but it has not caused me any problems and I doubt it will any time soon. Also, I do plan to build a rig for gaming so should be even better then.

Addons/UI:

As far as important ones go DBM and Clique + Xperl Unit Frames

Other Games:

Anything that catches my eye really.

Why Iron Edge?

Drayne told me some of you can actually play the game, which is kind of nice.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Consistent Healer to fill your ranks for the upcoming expansion.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge??

Drayne

Last Words?

I'd prefer not to, still got some time ahead of me.

September 29, 2014, 07:41:43 pm
Reply #1

Offline Drayne

• Former Member

Re: Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Satira
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 07:41:43 pm »
A vouch from me, was a very good healer from TBC to Wotlk. Definitely won't disappoint.

September 30, 2014, 01:43:01 am
Reply #2

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 01:43:01 am »

Don't even recall many of them. I quit before Guilds were the be all do all and spent a lot of my time in a raiding community, which consisted of multiple raiding guilds at the time. I guess the most hardcore raiding I did was with Nightfall back in Argent Dawn during TBC.

I didn't even know that was a thing :o Why have you decided to come back to WoW after all this time?

Having Drayne vouch for you is a powerful boost to your application! Are you worried Russia's imminent invasion of Lithuania is going to have an impact on your raiding performance?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 30, 2014, 09:40:07 am
Reply #3

Offline Satira

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 09:40:07 am »
I don't believe they were all that common, but it was a really awesome concept, because people from the top raiding guilds on the server would all work on optional content together. Also, helped if you needed some pro-tips.

I quit WoW because I wanted a change of scenery plus I had started University and was moving abroad so there was a fair amount of things to manage.

Afterwards I just decided to try some other MMOs, but none of them had the full package. Some have great combat, others have good raids or story/universe. I came back to WoW, because it's still probably the best in terms of the full package.

In regards to Russia. If the invasion does come I don't believe there will be much performance to talk about, will likely have other priorities. ;)
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."

September 30, 2014, 10:02:55 am
Reply #4

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 10:02:55 am »
I have always been reluctant with accepting raider applications from people that have just rejoined wow and are not even playing at the endgame level yet.

I have had bad experiences since it usually turns out that they still dont find the game that interesting and quit half a tier later.

You are obviously welcome to the guild since you are Draynes brother, but I would like to see you still active when raiding starts before promising you a spot.

Also we are only beginning to setup the raiding roster in a few weeks.

Bears like alts!

September 30, 2014, 12:29:54 pm
Reply #5

Offline Satira

• Former Member

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 12:29:54 pm »
In terms of endgame level I do not see how that matters at all. I've played end game and was a consistent raider for a long period of time, a raid might be different mechanics might have changed but the underlying principle stays the same expansion in expansion out. I enjoy raiding and as such the only reason I quit raiding in any MMO was that there was either no more guild to run with (disband) or there was nothing to raid. (Coliseum was utter non-sense in that regard, because you were pretty much asked to keep yourself entertained with cleared content until they patch a kill for you each Week) Though as I've mentioned I had a couple more reasons that my play time had to be reduced at the time.

Either way I am fully aware of your status and as such I'm applying in advance purely to show my interest for the upcoming expansion. There is no real benefit to a raider status in Iron Edge at the time anyway. The expansion should give you a good enough idea on how I perform.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

September 30, 2014, 05:51:23 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 05:51:23 pm »
Sounds good! Poke an officer for an invite.
Rash - Holy Priest
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 30, 2014, 07:13:54 pm
Reply #7

Offline Nubby

• Former Member

• twitch.tv/nubbie99

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 07:13:54 pm »
Fine application and all that, but i also have my doubts about recruiting ppl with absolutely no  raiding exp. in wow for such a long time. That being said, i think the timing of the apply is good, seeing as you can Gear up in LFR and really get a hang of how healing works now. Also getting your ui setup for raiding and all that crap thats needed to perform at a high lvl. From a maintank point of view i need healers i can trust and rely on, so i think its cruzial you get some time played into your shaman, so you know your class in/out before WoD hits.

Thats my 2 cents, if you put in the time im sure you'll be a great asset to the team and MAYBE we can finally get a good resto shaman. who knows!! :)

Also come support my livestream. Will be doing it every week Monday/thursday from 20-24. Heroic raids! Might do more during the week.  http://www.twitch.tv/nubbie99

September 30, 2014, 07:32:57 pm
Reply #8

Offline Drayne

• Former Member

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 07:32:57 pm »
All classes are getting major changes, learning a class now is almost pointless, first of all. Second what do you mean no raiding experience, Satira has done everything in TBC and Wotlk (till coliseum), he's not a newbie.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 07:38:01 pm by Drayne »

September 30, 2014, 09:10:46 pm
Reply #9

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 09:10:46 pm »
There's really no need for any more discussion, I recognize Nubby's concerns. WoW was nowhere near as difficult in Wrath as it is today. He'll be tested on gearing and performance just like everybody else.
Rash - Holy Priest
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 30, 2014, 10:46:13 pm
Reply #10

Offline Nubby

• Former Member

• twitch.tv/nubbie99

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 10:46:13 pm »
All classes are getting major changes, learning a class now is almost pointless, first of all. Second what do you mean no raiding experience, Satira has done everything in TBC and Wotlk (till coliseum), he's not a newbie.

That was a funny statement tbh. giggled alittle. But on a more serious note, sure all classes are being tweeked, but theres no gamechanging differences blizzard are making, so that you have to relearn from scratch. that just stupid. Its basicly the same, minus a few spells here and there to simplify your bars ect. So learning it now to get a feel for it is in my book ABSOLUTELY nessasary. It also shows some dedication towards the guild that youre willing to learn your classs proberly and not just exspected to be carried through the instance, cause thats not gonna happen in mythic.

Im not trying to be a dick and he might be the best shaman we are to have, point is he needs to prove it by shear dedication. All im asking.

Also come support my livestream. Will be doing it every week Monday/thursday from 20-24. Heroic raids! Might do more during the week.  http://www.twitch.tv/nubbie99

October 01, 2014, 01:07:47 pm
Reply #11

Offline Auja

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 01:07:47 pm »
Im not trying to be a dick

HOWEVER Nubby,

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Manga freak, free spirit, deist, chain smoker, Activist and Protester, #occupygezi, 34 and still getting older! (Astrild)

October 01, 2014, 01:40:34 pm
Reply #12

Offline Satira

• Former Member

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 01:40:34 pm »
I am aware I am rusty and need to catch up on the changes the class/game went through over the time I was gone, which in turn is why I decided to start a new char instead of boosting one, to refresh my memory.

Either way, I understand the skepticism to some degree as such I'm looking forward to making you eat those words as soon as possible. ;)

October 01, 2014, 01:45:55 pm
Reply #13

Offline Aretum

• Officer

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 01:45:55 pm »
Now kiss....
"CAPTAIN! WE'RE SURROUNDED!"
"EXCELLENT, we can fire in any direction now"

October 01, 2014, 02:55:20 pm
Reply #14

Online Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 02:55:20 pm »
But we do have pew pew resto shamans :( (hemidal, meggz, franga)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:24:56 pm by Xormn »
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:11:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

70 Guests, 1 User
Xormn