Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Gilarious

November 18, 2014, 07:40:13 am
Read 3904 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Gilarious
« on: November 18, 2014, 07:40:13 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: Gilarious
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Gilarious/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

*Had to do application again, didn't process first time*

Hi, my RL name is Bram, I'm 27yo and I live in Leuven, which is a university town near Brussels in the (dutch speaking part of) Belgium. When I'm not playing WoW, I'm sleeping.

Yeah, not that hardcore... I spend a lot of time with my gf (fiancée actually). I also like reading a good book (currently The Metamorphosis - Kafka), watching quality series (House of Cards was amazing) and good conversation. I don't do sports, tho I like to watch some sports (not football tho).

Currently LF work, but I really don't want to work at night anymore (used to be a waiter/barman), so it shouldn't conflict.

Class/Spec:

Le Mage. I don't get people who would only play one spec of a pure dps class... Whatever works best on the challenge we're on, I'll play. You should know I rerolled mage after years of playing shadow, but ranged dps is ranged dps is ranged dps, I guess.

Alts:

Gilarion, my first lvl 80 and former main http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Gilarion/advanced
a shaman and pala also on 90

Professions:

does it matter anymore? will prolly go ench/JC because it's nice to have gems and enchants for cheap and to give away...

Raiding Experience:

All progress listed was made when content was current:
ICC 12/12HC
Halion 0.999/1 HC (still pisses me off, our realm was already dead with wotlk ou so long, I got a group together and after a 0.01% wipe our tank left)
BWD 5/6HC, T4W 2/2HC, BoT just 1, I killed sinestra at the end of FL, as a disc with dispell duty, our progress was low, because for some reason the RL wanted to start on maloriak as first HC...
FL 6/7 HC with a couple of nights on Ragnaros before we realised we stood no chance?
DS 6/8 HC by this time our realm was too low pop to keep our roster healthy, I did a couple spine HC kills when it didn't matter anymore.
MoP before ToT I was pugging mostly, did some easy HCS, in ToT I tried to pick up real raiding again but for some reason I didn't enjoy the game as I used to so I quit about halfway. I took down 6/13HC, and then got a boost to 9/13, just before I quit.

Previous Guilds:

First couple of guilds didn't have the same goals I had. Then, by the end of WotLK, I found this really nice guild, Dark Guard, that suited me perfectly. I raided all thru cata with them, from the very first 'till the very last 25man raid. (seriously: 97.4% attendance, got me my legendary when it was current) With the realm, the guild died. So sad. A reboot on another realm didn't work.
In MoP, I never found 'my guild'. It seemed like the community all of the sudden was filled with bullying 13yo...
I was never involved with any drama, and I like to think I contributed a fair deal to all guilds I was ever part of, be it by helping recruiting, helping other ranged dps with tactics and rotations or by being a reliable OS-healer.

Availability:

Should be available most nights, and will make an effort to keep raid-nights clear, like I always did.

Communication:

I am a bit chatty sometimes, so tell me when to shut it.

Computer / Connection:

Yeah, I got a decent pc, with room to spare to turn down settings to stay above 40 fps (can't guarantee that for tortos 25HC when it was released)

Addons/UI:

I am not done with my ui, like I said I want to set up WA for cds and procs... Atm I'm using my brothers Elvui config and then skada, DBM, WA, some chat addon, handynotes and maybe some other things...
http://imgur.com/27mjPEA

Other Games:

Europa Universalis 4, Arma III

Why Iron Edge?

Well, my brother has a trial with you, and after checking out your website, I am starting to think he might be right about you being a guild that suits us...

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I always watch guides and read up on boss abilities, checking class forums (yeah, if any of you mages know a website like shadowpriest.com used to be for shadow, let me know, oh and any shadows reading this should already know it is now called how2priest.com, not the same tho)
I treat online appointements like RL appointements, so attendance should be +85%
I like to think I'm sociable and always kind. Patient too. Not patient enough to not have moments of rage during WoD launch tho.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

My brother is Shankra, your trial dps warrior

Last Words?

There is no such thing as quitting WoW.
You can take a break, but to quit, no.

November 18, 2014, 07:47:55 am
Reply #1

Offline Gilarion

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Gilarious
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 07:47:55 am »
A whole section seems to be missing. I talked about how I don't think it's relevant to ask for stat weights and rotation in days of Icy veins and then explained how awareness, movement and CD/Proc management is where the diff is made.

November 19, 2014, 06:00:47 pm
Reply #2

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 06:00:47 pm »
Hah nice screenshot :)

I really like your application. Too bad your previous guild migration didn't work out, IE is very familiar with the risks of having to jump to a new realm.

The only thing I'm a little concerned about is that you've never really seemed to have finished an instance. Is this because your guilds never made it that far, or because you went on a break nearing the end of every content patch?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 19, 2014, 06:21:25 pm
Reply #3

Offline Gilarion

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 06:21:25 pm »
The only break I ever took was after my MoP dissapointement. I also had conflicts with work-time and it didn't 'click' the guild with was in at the time anyway (don't even recall the name, that's how much of an impression that guild made...).

About not clearing anything but ICC: in cata, pretty soon after launch, Deathwing realm dried up. The few decent recruits we got were ninja'd by the only other decent 25hc guild. We refused to go 10 man, or realm switch, since that would mean we couldn't all play together, and we agreed on what being what raiding is all about. Quite a few (first) kills in DS were 20-24manned before we had to give up... Dark Guard wasn't the top guild of the realm, we kept a rather lighthearthed atmosphere during farm/trash. Some of the group were average at best. A couple of others could have been in world top 50 guilds if they would have wanted. I was consistently, all over cata,in pretty much any style of fight, as a shadow, in the top 3 of the meter, getting ranked a few times.
First patch of MoP, I struggled to get Dark Guard going into HC on another realm, but the recruitment we had done to fill in some ppl that didn't transfer had failed, and by the time we kicked the hopeless (we tried to teach them, lol), it was too late.
ToT: see above

November 19, 2014, 07:13:38 pm
Reply #4

Offline Gilarion

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 07:13:38 pm »
I noticed I didn't go into keybinds, so:
I use a razer naga, those are the bars left under portrait, they are normally hidden, with weakauras to display stacks and cd time of those abilities. The bars in between player and target are keyboard 1-6 and beneath that ctrl+mousewheel up , shift+mw up etc. I try to keep left hand clear for movement. I also use a couple of macros, like for pet freeze, certain cds etc.

November 19, 2014, 07:56:32 pm
Reply #5

Offline Gilarion

• Guild Member

November 20, 2014, 12:33:51 am
Reply #6

Offline Bendie

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 12:33:51 am »
Well this looks good to me. A nice application from what seems to be a competent mage.

Bendies stamp of approval has been given.
2016-04-22 04:58:08 [Raid] Bendiee: Neclord placed his balls on my shoulders. i dont have anything against black people. but monkeys do spread aids.

November 20, 2014, 01:52:01 pm
Reply #7

Offline TommyG

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 01:52:01 pm »
I recently got accepted to iron edge and it would be great if my brother and I could play together like the good old days.

November 20, 2014, 08:20:17 pm
Reply #8

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 08:20:17 pm »
Looks good to me!

Make sure you are fully geared and ready for raiding. We start on December 4th.

Also sign up for the raid in this thread: http://www.iron-edge.co.uk/index.php?topic=7853.0

You will be assigned a squad on monday. More information about the squads can be found on the front page.

Hope to see you in the raid!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:58:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

43 Guests, 0 Users