Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Monk (DPS) - mingus

December 06, 2014, 01:14:02 pm
Read 2243 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Monk (DPS) - mingus
« on: December 06, 2014, 01:14:02 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

Character: mingus
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/mingus/advanced
Class/Spec: Monk (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Mat, i am a 32 y old from the UK. I work in a call center, the spare time that i dont spend playing computer games is spent watching football and attempting to do enough exercise to avoid turning into a blob.

Class/Spec:

Monk is a whole of fun to play atm. they do outstanding damage and the rotation is just the right side of complicated to keep it interesting. The monk rotation forces me to keep a lot plates spinning at once which means i have to track a fair amount of data, so a well set up UI is vital. As someone who loves playing around with weak auras and custom ui add ons this is heaven for me, i am constantly trying to improve my ui and performance. Overall i am thoroughly enjoying playing WW, it is a challenging spec to play but when played well the results are very satisfying.

Alts:

Pala/hunter/druid @ lvl 100

Professions:

not sure this relevant anymore with the WOD proff changes, but i have every profession covered on my alts.

Raiding Experience:

I starting raiding properly in TBC. I joined a guild called Unit on silvermoon, at the time we were raiding 6 days a week, 6-7 hours a day and pushing to get top 100 ranks, which i beleive we managed for the first 3 bosses in SWP. I cleared all TBC content up to Muru with Unit, at which point the GM and main tank left the guild. I wanted a legit Muru kill so i joined Nevermore on silvermmon, a guild who at the time were only 50 or so places behind Unit while raiding 4 4 hour days a week. they were still progressing on Muru at the time, and after 2 weeks or so of joining i got my Muru kill as well as a top 100 Kiljadaen kill.

I continued raiding with Nevermore from TBC until the guild disbanded in MOP. I cleared every hard mode in ulduar pre nerf, missing only zero lights, firefighter was amazing. I think aside from firelands, when i returned to the game after a break due to work commitments, every boss i have killed has been pre nerf. Frankly i do not get much enjoyment from killing nerfed bosses, if i wanted to just roll up and knock something over i would do more LFR, the fun comes from the time spent learning and perfecting my role, then that magic moment when all that practice comes together and shit gets killed. The most recent notable boss i killed pre nerf was sha of fear in terrace, we put some serious weeks of progress into that fight and got it down 1 week before the nerf. aside from muru it probably the boss kill i take the most pleasure from. Throughout my time in Nevermore we maintained an EU rank of between 200-300 on a 3-4 raiding p week, and i think we pushed in the 100s on certain bosses. During my time in Nevermore i raided as a Ret/holy pally, Shadow/disc priest, resto druid and warlock, i am always happy to play other chars and specs if it helps the guild and gets us a quicker kill.
 Fwiw I was also at various times in Nevermore an officer, healing leader, and back up raid leader.

Previous Guilds:

covered in the answer above

Availability:

frim online from 7.30ish every night

Communication:

yes

Computer / Connection:

brand new p.c, can run @ 60fps in raids np, 20-30 ping in raids.

Addons/UI:

imgur.com/tWjCPm4

I try to keep my Ui as clean as possible and use visual and audio cues wherever possible. I try to keep the ui symmetrical and have it match my keybindings, so as i use W to move forward, any major keybinding that is on the left of W is on the left of my UI, and the same for those on the right. My major buffs and debuffs WA all have either an animation or a sound programmed in to remind me when they are available or when they drop off. I find this double reminder system helps me avoid any downtime on important buffs and debuffs, but it does mean i have to listen to a lot of air horns in game.

Other Games:

I played a shit load of season 1 diablo 3 before WOD launched. was in the top 10 for paragon lvl and 4 man G/R for most of that time, might still be in the top 50 for 4 man g/r fwiw.

Why Iron Edge?

i am looking for a 2 day a week guild that offers decent progress and starts raids slightly later.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A raider who has been playing since the start of TBC at a high level in guilds that push excellent progress on tight schedules.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wow progress

Last Words?

hope i covered it all, if not gimme a shout in game.

December 06, 2014, 02:15:44 pm
Reply #1

Offline Sinafey

• Former Member

Re: Raider Application - Monk (DPS) - mingus
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 02:15:44 pm »
Thank you for your application we currently have a very full roster. So I am unable to offer you a spot in the raid.

Your still welcome to join the guild as a social if you want.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:15:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

46 Guests, 1 User
Rash