Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Alena

January 17, 2015, 03:27:24 am
Read 3842 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Alena
« on: January 17, 2015, 03:27:24 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Alena
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Alena/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Parm Samra, 29 work in finance live outside London, UK
Mad Arsenal Fan.

Class/Spec:

shadow main, disc offspec
654 in shadow gear, i have 0 disc gear just using my shadow gear, only healing here and there. nothing serious

i use the various SP resources - the main one im reading is howtopriest.
Currently im dotweaving using the usual double msp after 4th Orb MB. i.e. mb4 ms ms swp mb5 vt dp mfi mb3 mfi mfi dp mb mfi mfi mfi mb
mastery for HM but since my weap will carry using crit

Alts:

http://postimg.org/image/8xtly2dmt/

Professions:

Tailoring for the bags and inscriptor for the tarot cards

Raiding Experience:

vanilla: nefarian
tbc: muru
wrath: cleared
cata: some hm in t1, firelands 5/7, ds LFR only
mop: mainly LFR and pugs nothing of note

Previous Guilds:

currently in Tuft, loving life but the wife can not stand me raiding on friday night and also i get home after the raid starts and running out of excuses to leave early ;) loving that dentist

Availability:

log in most days but want to raid only once, been hardcore in tbc and wrath and but sadly dont have the time to raid 4-5 days a week now. will be on every sunday - its perfect raid time

Communication:

born and bred in UK, speak perfect anglais

Computer / Connection:

MSI Ghost Pro 2QE -i know laptop right :O ultra in raids yields like 25-35 fps
bt infinity 2 70mb
30 ms in kazzak

Addons/UI:

elvui - ui
wa - mandatory
dbm - prefer it
recount - epeening

altholics and savedinstances for alt managament

and have a handful of utility addons - mission master, postal etc...

Other Games:

none

Why Iron Edge?

sunday raid time is perfect, 1nce a week at the time im most free!!! wife will go bananas if i continue to raid on friday

What can I offer Iron Edge?

experienced raider that has raided for almost 10 years! from multiple angles of the game

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wowprogess

Last Words?

i am fun, kind and have a genuwine passion for the game.

January 17, 2015, 04:06:48 am
Reply #1

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Alena
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 04:06:48 am »
I'm a bit confused. You say main raid at the title and at the start of the app, weekend raiding in the app. You also wrote on IRC that the app is for weekend raiding? O.o so.. Yeah. Make sure you have an active account on the forum so you can reply and let us know.
Ba dun tss!

January 17, 2015, 06:47:19 am
Reply #2

Offline rödhake

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 06:47:19 am »
[03:31:17] PlagueDrinker: hi Alena here, i applied to the guild as a weekend raider but the armoury link thing failed so i had to submit under the raider app! hope thats ok and you get this

taken from irc

January 17, 2015, 06:26:14 pm
Reply #3

Offline Alena

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 06:26:14 pm »
http://postimg.org/image/98irdosch/full/  - my ui

I guess i didnt go into too much detail regarding my raiding history:

In vanilla I was raiding as a resto shaman and we progressed all the way up to and killing nefarian who died during the whole aq gate thing was going on. However, due to the loot council being abused by the guild officers continually. Several core members and I decided to make our own guild Dragons Shadow. I also took this time to start pvping and abusing the op windfury! I achieved rank 9. We progressed through mc/ony and early bosses of bwl and then 2.0 hit.
2.0 patch destroyed Dragons shadow. Everybody stopped raiding to get their free honor gear. Being a co gm was far too stressful, didn’t fancy rebuilding a guild at the start of an xpac. I was totally burnt out pvping all day then raiding 6 days a week for months in the evenings. So when patch 2.0 hit I decided that I needed a break. Which coincided with my final exams and I decided if I wanted to pass anything I needed to take a break which I did.

I joined a guild who were half way through ssc/tk who I stayed til with until we cleared half of black temple then they also disbanded and then I moved on to a guild whom I farmed black temple with in anticipation of Sunwell. SWP progression was nice for the first half and then we hit a massive wall with muru pre nerf, which combined with the summer and European championships raiding stopped and a few friends contacted me said the old guild which disbanded mid black temple had reformed. I went back to them and we destroyed all of black temple and started work on swp we managed to get brutallus at 10% before the 30% nerf came in, and then we went and cleared the lot before woltk.

Woltk we farmed naxx then farmed naxx and farmed it some more, even though this was extremely tedious I still farmed and showed up every raid cleared ulduar on easy mode and started progressing through the hardmodes and the my finals of my post grad came due and I had to take a short break to ensure I passed and had sufficient time to write my thesis. I came back during the TOC patch and the guild that had been so successful during ulduar was in a state, not killing anything in toc25hm while the best guilds had already cleared it with insanity. They were content on clearing 25man normal and not even attempting HM which was a shame, I took this time to reroll to tank. Weighting up all the classes that could tank and even levelling a paladin, warrior and druid to 70ish my decision was DK. I just enjoyed the play style more. Mazrigos was turned from a pvp server to pve and this made the server die and we all got given free transfers to vashj. Half of ECC left and half stayed.

Mazrigos turned pve and everyone was given free pass to migrate, half of ECC migrated and the other half stayed and guild eventually died. I joined Mojo Madness while they were progressing through hardmodes mainly prof and sindragosa when I joined at the 5% mark stayed in mojo for many months and enjoyed my time there so much great guild great people. Progressed much on LK25 defile after 2nd set of valks fucked us many times. People were slacking losing focus however we did kill Halion HC 25 server first. The guild started to die people stopped showing up for raids, more and more raids were called, but I really wanted to complete the game and kill LK HC and I took a stab at a top 20 guild namely Inner sanctum and I was given a trial and I experienced killing LK HC however they were more concerned with me being dps aswell as tank and to gear up alts for cata and really thinking about it I couldn’t spare that much time to raiding. Not being a student anymore and having to work with a GF soon to be wife playing 30 hours a week + wasn’t really an option. Even though it was an honour to be given a trial at a top 20 guild, and I quit thinking I would never return on top of my game.

But started to read MMO everyday and eventually got the bug to come back after the start of cata.
When I returned it was about 1month into cata I was invited to join the players in paradox (made up of old members of mojo madness). I joined the raiding team just as they cleared normal modes and joined them progressing on all the heroics they tried, was present at the magmaw, omnitron and halfus kills. However I was recruited as a tank and compared to the other tanks I was very undergeared and always 3rd choice yet I never complained was happy to be benched however as attendance was so bad they needed to me to dps on many of the progression fights I got experience many of them including conclave, the twin dragons maloriak and chimareon ( i was benched during the kills of maloriak and chim) The guild was on last legs, management thought they could do better in 10man and recruit more players and wait til they cleared all content in 10man before making the guild 25man again, but they failed so badly and didnt manage to kill any additional bosses and struggled on those bosses that we killed in 25man and the officers quit and the guild died.

I was buying a house and decided I should take this as a blessing and get settled in before finding a new home.

Red Sky:
I decided to come back and joined a casual raiding guild on Vashj as Paradox was dead we slowly (I mean slowly progressed through firelands) clearing some hardmodes after the massive nerfs I was raiding as a mage and didn’t really enjoy being arcane. Then unfortunately my work commitments escalated through this massive project and I was getting married. So WoW had to go. Red Sky were cool about it.

I came back at the end of the cata about for 1month to try LFR and realised it was too easy and stopped playing vowing to come back for MoP. Vashj is a complete ghost town so I xfer’d to high populated server which was kazzak. Coming onto kazzak I was invited to join Fang as a social where I have been idling slowly playing every now and then through LFRs. This game is not meant to be played as a fukwit idling in town and waiting for LFR to pop.

WoD - joined tuft as a shadow priest as they needed one. loving the shadow priest - cleared 6/7 on both normal and heroic, wasnt present for their margok kills on nm/hc as it was on an extra raid day. Having fun in tuft but the raid time is difficult for me to make.

I have been the gm of a guild during vanilla and an officer during my days in tbc, its alot of stress I like just being a soldier, one to follow orders and give input when required. On vashj my pugs on my alts were renowned to be the best pugs we would clear more heroics then some guilds and we managed to kill halion25 normal a feat I was very proud of when many guilds on vashj were still wiping on the trash. I also was running the gdkp on vashj which was quite successful highest pot was well over 400k which was a nice weekly bonus for us.

Alena Shadow Priest - Weekend Hero

January 17, 2015, 09:28:16 pm
Reply #4

safire

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 09:28:16 pm »
Read your application earlier and I was kinda meh about it.

Came back now and was blown away with that 2nd post of yours, lol.

Lets see what Xormn has to say. xD

January 17, 2015, 11:03:43 pm
Reply #5

Offline Alena

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 11:03:43 pm »
sorry, the first app was done very late and i was super annoyed that i lost everything so kinda rushed it. (im a big starter, finisher)
Alena Shadow Priest - Weekend Hero

January 18, 2015, 12:41:48 am
Reply #6

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 12:41:48 am »
I have no problem getting you in as a trial for the weekend raid. But bare in mind, we don't have a lot of progress and I'm still trying to sort out a core team for the raid. But if you prove to be a serious raider, it'll all be good. Poke an officer for the invite :)
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:30:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

47 Guests, 0 Users