Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Nemiron

January 25, 2015, 11:47:10 pm
Read 6418 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Nemiron
« on: January 25, 2015, 11:47:10 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Nemiron
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Nemiron/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hi. My name is Dimitri, I'm currently 20 years of age and I live in the eternally rainy city of Gothenburg, Sweden.

My primary occupation is an education in Engineering Mathematics at the best university in Sweden, Chalmers University of Technology. I also tutor high school students to pay for my WoW subscription and my delicious, tender chicken breasts, which I eat copious amounts of.

My other hobbies include lifting heavy stuff up and putting it down again in a repetitive manner, procrastinating, listening to music that is too obscure for my friends and rewatching TV series until I can't stand them any more.

Class/Spec:

I play exclusively retribution paladin. The only thing I have ever wanted to be in my life was a vindictive holy warrior who smites zombies and other evildoers, and WoW finally fulfilled my dream.

On a serious note, I simply enjoy my retribution paladin because I feel that I bring more to the raid than pure DPS. Coming from a PvP background, healing raid members on low hp, giving them HoP and HoS and dispelling them while dishing out humongous amount of DPS is my bread and butter. Also, honestly I like Divine Shield because I can avoid repair bills, escape when I'm losing a PvP battle or just get a second chance at not fucking up a raid mechanic which results in my death.

My item level with my paladin currently is at a decent 657, with my weapon being 660 (from Conquest Points).

I'd say my talents are pretty cookie cutter and most differences in PvE are situational, meaning I like to switch them around a lot. For reference, the spec I use in PvE is my first one on Armory.

Retribution paladins currently have less of a rotation and more of a priority. I'll only list the single target version, since the multiple target list doesn't differ by that much, and usually that rotation won't make or break a raid.

1. Divine Storm (if used Final Verdict and have Divine Storm buff from proc).
2. Final Verdict (with 5 holy power).
3. Execution Sentence (using this asap as it's off cooldown or wait a bit if I can activate wings when using it).
4. Hammer of Wrath.
5. Crusader Strike.
6. Judgment.
7. Exorcism.
8. Final Verdict (with 3 holy power).

Generally, as a paladin, you want to get to 5 holy power and then spend it on cool, hard-hitting attacks.

Once in a while you use wings and generally time it with trinkets, potions, bloodlust and boss mechanics (like blue mushroom on Brackenspore).

The stat prio is very simple:

1. Strength.
2. Mastery.
3. Haste (until 15% with raid buffs).
4. Multistrike.
5. Haste.
6. Versatility.

Generally, the reason we use mastery as our main stat is because the gear in the beginning of expansion generally doesn't give as much haste, meaning mastery overtakes haste as our main dps stat. Later in the expansion, haste will become stronger since we will get it more of it.

Alts:

No relevant alts PvE wiste, sometimes I log my alliance side ret paladin and my lvl 95 rogue (which I have no intentions to PvE with) to go some garrison things.

Professions:

Currently I have mining and herbalism, because I believe. I believe.

Raiding Experience:

In the Burning Crusade, I raided up to Black Temple with my enhancement shaman when I was like 14, which I think was quite an achievement, since I topped the DPS charts while having no problems surviving. I even managed to convince the guild leadership I was 18. I don't remember the guild name unfortunately, but I remember there was a hunter in there who had it out for me. I guess it was a bit like Doakes and Dexter in that regard.

In WotLK I mainly focused on PvP, where I achieved a 2.2k rating in 3v3 arenas. I also raided ICC casually but it wasn't exactly a hardcore raiding environment.

I quit the game in Cata and came back in late MoP where I managed to kill Garrosh on normal mode with PuGs on OpenRaid.

All of this time, I was a melee DPS (mostly ret paladin), a role which I know by heart.

Previous Guilds:

To be honest, I either don't remember the guild names because it was so far back, or they aren't worth mentioning. Mostly, I've tried starting my own guilds but find that I lack the patience to be a guild administrator of any kind. I prefer to let other people to provide the leadership, and in exchange, I'll do whatever is asked of me.

Availability:

I am available on Monday and Thursday evenings, which is one of the big reasons that I apply to this guild. I have finals every 9th week but as long as I don't fail my studies, they shouldn't pose a problem.

Communication:

I would like to say that I'm fluent in English.

For example, know cool words like belligerent, discombobulated and orthogonal.

Basically, what I want to say is, I do have Teamspeak 3, a microphone and I use it wisely.

Computer / Connection:

My PC is pretty good, meaning there won't be many hiccups computerwise. My ISP is notorious for being shit which by Swedish standards means that I'll probably have internet issues for a while every 2-3 months. When my ISP isn't acting up, I have no lag issues or disconnects of any kind.

Addons/UI:

For raiding, I only use DBM and Recount (for them shiny DPS numbers). Otherwise, my raid UI is quite modest and uses mostly the standard given by Blizzard. I find that I really can't be arsed to download the latest version of an addon every other day just so the guy can get some ad views (looking at you, ElvUI).

Screenshot of a late night LFR: http://gyazo.com/456dd383268c935815a940e0a6bceaf9

Other Games:

I used to play SC2 quite seriously during my high school years, culminating in me almost hitting grandmaster and then quitting because I got tired of the game.

Right now I don't play anything but WoW.

Why Iron Edge?

You have a reasonable raid schedule and I, being the busy important person that I am, find that quite endearing.

Other than that, you seem to be making the most of your time, having a lot better progression than other guilds who spend more time on the game, which is something I value as well.

I also feel that you are "where I am" in terms of raid progression so to say. Right now, I'd peg my raid performance at around 3-4/7 Mythic.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Mostly, I feel like I can offer a good attitude, patience and last but not least, a good, consistent raid performance.

I take my gaming very seriously, and when I do something, I like to be good at what I do. I always strive to improve and never become complacent.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Battle.net forums, in desperate search of a guild.

Last Words?

I made my email as a kid, but it's pretty annoying to get spam mail on my main mail from different hosting platforms for WoW forums, so I use this one as my burner email. Just so you don't judge me based on my rad e-mail.

January 26, 2015, 12:24:03 am
Reply #1

Offline Valkyrie

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Nemiron
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 12:24:03 am »
I like you. Can I keep you?

January 26, 2015, 12:26:30 am
Reply #2

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 12:26:30 am »
Hey nemiron,

Nicely formatted application, as a fellow retribution paladin majority of your theorycrafting is accurate, ignoring the copy and paste of stat prio from icy veins. Haste is good until you get to gcd territory after that mastery and multistrike absolutely dominate it, much like in MoP mastery increases your damage and is normally your highest damaging ability.

Looking at your experience in WoD noticing not cleared on heroic and wearing a hell of a lot of pvp gear I'm hoping that's not your raid set so if you can log out in pve set that would be great. Missing a raid logs for the application aswell. We are currently from what I'm advised not going to be clearing heroic highmaul anymore as aim of clearing as much before foundry opens. With that said majority are ilvl wise 665 onwards so would more than likely mean you would have to pug heroic hm on none raid night to play catch up.

I'll leave this to the officers just my input on the application.

Regards and good luck

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

January 26, 2015, 01:00:05 am
Reply #3

Offline Cecerio

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 01:00:05 am »
Lacking alot of raid experience and your UI is very messy. But overall a nice application
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:02:58 am by Cicerio »

January 26, 2015, 02:59:07 am
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 02:59:07 am »
WHY!? WHY?! WHY AREN'T THERE APPS LIKE THIS ONE?! >.<
Ba dun tss!

January 26, 2015, 03:36:38 am
Reply #5

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 03:36:38 am »
I like you. Can I keep you?

Hmm yes I like you as well, let's see what Sinafey has to say!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

January 26, 2015, 08:08:20 am
Reply #6

Offline Sinafey

• Former Member

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 08:08:20 am »
Well written app but your lack of raid experience is concerning, mythic is a huge jump up from everything you have done.

Do you have any logs for the hc kills you have?

January 26, 2015, 08:51:19 am
Reply #7

Offline Nemiron

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 08:51:19 am »
Hey, just woke up so can finally respond. First of all, thank you for the kind words about the application.

Onto the criticism:

Vejeta: I wear a lot of PvP gear because there is no drawback to it. There is no stat budget lost to other stats so they are often as good as any other PvE piece at the same ilvl, if you have the BiS stats.

I see your concerns about my gear and my experience and I share them as well. I'd like to state for the record that I have no intention of getting carried and that I want to deserve my spot in the raid. I'd be open to PuGing HCs if that's what it takes, even though it's a pain in the ass!
"In my spare time I go out with friends (and smoke some weed ofc :P)."

"Shame the helicopter chick died though, i loved her (and her tits, my god they could have added some extra 3D to those)."

"Sorry I'm retarded :P"

- Quotes from a truly wise man

January 26, 2015, 08:56:52 am
Reply #8

Offline Nemiron

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 08:56:52 am »
(Cont) Unfortunately I have no logs, because software that tracks my every move in some fashion makes me extremely uneasy, but I'd be open to produce some logs if that's what it takes to get into this guild :)

Cicerio: I have a pretty messy UI, yes, but it's never prevented me from doing well. Of course I'll take any suggestions you might have to improve it!

Sinafey: Yes, unfortunately I lack quite a lot of raid experience. And as I said before, I have no logs because I dislike them. However, I'd be open to PuGing some HCs and logging them or proving in any other way that I am an adequate choice for the guild. :)

"Shame the helicopter chick died though, i loved her (and her tits, my god they could have added some extra 3D to those)."

January 26, 2015, 10:00:07 am
Reply #9

Offline Valkyrie

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 10:00:07 am »
I think you'll find that most high end guilds will expect logs from their applicants. Besides, it's hardly anything to worry about, it's just a website that analyzes your combat log.

January 26, 2015, 10:32:02 am
Reply #10

Offline Nemiron

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 10:32:02 am »
Seems reasonable. But not unlike the amicable MC Ride, I stay noided.

January 26, 2015, 01:12:02 pm
Reply #11

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 01:12:02 pm »
Found these on warcraftlogs, lfr recent as of 13th of jam lfr style

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/570526/latest/#boss=0
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

January 26, 2015, 01:28:52 pm
Reply #12

Offline Nemiron

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 01:28:52 pm »
Worth noting that I usually dont focus that much during LFR and tend to try being as lazy as possible for Abrogator Stones.

January 26, 2015, 06:24:33 pm
Reply #13

Offline Nubby

• Former Member

• twitch.tv/nubbie99

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 06:24:33 pm »
I like this app. (cant say that often) probs to you.

The lack of raiding exp. is abit iffy, but my gut tells me this guy is up to snuff anyway.
I do like the fact that youre using pvp gear atm. cause its really broken going into hc highmaul. The stats on most of it is so good that it beats even hc gear. I would like to see how you perform in a heroic raid

Also come support my livestream. Will be doing it every week Monday/thursday from 20-24. Heroic raids! Might do more during the week.  http://www.twitch.tv/nubbie99

January 27, 2015, 02:35:34 pm
Reply #14

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 02:35:34 pm »
Oh my, is this what a Nubby-Stamp-Of-Approval looks like? So shiny!

Welcome to Iron Edge Nemiron, your trial period begins today. We'll have a farm raid on Thursday in which we clear heroic and partially mythic in the first couple of hours, make sure you attend so we can get you the experience and gear you need.

Poke an officer for an invite!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:17:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

26 Guests, 0 Users