Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Lenfear

January 26, 2015, 05:34:29 pm
Read 3561 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Lenfear
« on: January 26, 2015, 05:34:29 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Lenfear
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Lenfear/advanced
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hello, my name is Robbert de Vries and I live in The Netherlands. I'm 25 years old and recently graduated university, at the moment I find myself at a cardealership selling cars.

In my free time I mostly hang with friends, but I also like to play WoW or Xbox One.

Class/Spec:

I recently decided to play as Elemental Shaman. I used to raid up to 3/7 Mythic as Restoration but I didn't like it as much as I hoped. Therefor, if you check armory you find my cloak/ring quite odd for an elemental, but I hope to properly replace/enchant those soon. As Elemental I have Ilvl 668 and as Resto I have Ilvl 670.

As Elemental I focus on (not even going to name intellect since it's that obvious):
- Multistrate
- Haste/Crit (I prefer haste)
- Mastery

I keep Flame Shock up on the boss, use Lava Burst / Elemental Blast upon availability while prio given to Lava Burst and use Lightning Bolt as a filler. When I can AOE I use Chain Lightning and Earthquake. Of course, Earth Shock is used when Fulmination pops up.

In addition to this, I keep Searing Totem up at all times.

Alts:

I do not have any relevant alts for WoD. I used to raid on my Prot Paladin in MoP up untill Heroic Thok, and he is still stuck at 91. Then I also have a 91 warrior, 90 priest, 90 mage, all useless in WoD for now.

Professions:

Engineering and Jewelcrafting. Both almost maxed. Using them to make some money.

Raiding Experience:

Vanille: Holy Priest in ZG, MC, BWL, AQ20/40 and old Naxx
TBC: Shadow Priest in Karazhan, SSC, TK. Resto Shammy in BT
WotLK: Resto Shammy in The Eye, Naxx, Ulduar, ICC
Cata: -
MoP: Prot Pally in MSV, HoF, ToES, ToT, SoO (all heroic)
WoD: Resto Shammy in HM (all mythic)

Previous Guilds:

I used to be in Progress Denied for about 2,5 years I think.

I had a break from WoW, and I came back at the start of the current expension. When I came back I found that the guild has changed (only 2 officers remained the same), and I do not like the current environment, therefor I left the guild. I decided to change my spec along with my guild.

Availability:

I'm available during week days (mon-thurs) and not in the weekend. But the reason I found Iron Edge as a suitable guild for me is that you raid 2 day's a week, I like to step back from 3 day's a week.

Communication:

I have TS 3 and a mic, and I can listen properly ;). I do speak, tho not very often. I rather listen and type. During a boss fight I of course speak when needed as there is no time to type.

Computer / Connection:

I have recently bought a way to overpriced Alienware. Plus part of it then I do not have any issues whatsoever.

Addons/UI:

I use a very basic UI. On top of that, I am also a clicker. I have been playing with this UI (and as a clicker) for over 6 years, and it works perfect for me.

I have to add, since I just changed spec I might change my UI accordingly.

http://i.imgur.com/BjxpIMB.jpg

Other Games:

I used to play Tibia and some games on Xbox One

Why Iron Edge?

To be honest, I do not know anything from Iron Edge. I have studied some of your logs after I found you on wow progress. I like the only 2 day's raiding combined with decent progress (even decent sounds demeaning with the progress/time ratio you guy's have).

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer a stable raider who likes to help out the guild when possible. I am 100% focussed during raid times and IF I cannot make it, I will let you know in time.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Again, the spirit items are a result of me switching spec very very recently.

January 26, 2015, 05:58:47 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Shaman (DPS) - Lenfear
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 05:58:47 pm »
A clicker player, the only other reason for rsi injuries, well other than very randy teenage lads discovering private browsing on the Internet.

Not so bad for casters with cast times, do you have any recent logs of you dosing in current content, just to help the officers out to make the decision. I like the app so good luck.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

January 26, 2015, 06:46:56 pm
Reply #2

Offline Lenfear

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 06:46:56 pm »
Thanks Vejeta.

My logs can be found here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/954287/latest#boss=0

Allthough, it's pretty much only resto logs.

January 27, 2015, 01:54:32 am
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 01:54:32 am »
Hi there!

Decent application, the screenshot worried me a little bit though.

Are all of the buttons that are not on your main action-bar unbound?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

January 27, 2015, 04:32:23 am
Reply #4

Offline Nubby

• Former Member

• twitch.tv/nubbie99

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 04:32:23 am »
I use a very basic UI. On top of that, I am also a clicker. I have been playing with this UI (and as a clicker) for over 6 years, and it works perfect for me.

Just no... Being a clicker after 6 years of world of warcraft... i feel alittle bit sad inside knowing that. I dont see how you will be able to perform optimal without keybinds. Looking at your healing logs, i also wasent impressed. No high percentiles at all, so i cannot approve this app.

Also come support my livestream. Will be doing it every week Monday/thursday from 20-24. Heroic raids! Might do more during the week.  http://www.twitch.tv/nubbie99

January 27, 2015, 12:30:02 pm
Reply #5

Offline Lenfear

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 12:30:02 pm »
Hello and thanks for the feedback.

About my UI, it's pretty basic but it works for me. I get most information I need from my HUD. The buttons not on my main action-bar are bound to my Razor Naga mouse together with some on my main action-bar which means I can use any ability with my thumb and possibly with the help of shift/control.

I'm not going to defend being a clicker, I think more people in WoW click compared to the amount that say they click. As stated above, it's not like I'm clicking abilities all the time, most are used via my mouse.

Logs are as they are of course, if that doesn't cut it for Iron Edge then that is something I have to live with...

January 27, 2015, 02:36:15 pm
Reply #6

Online Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 02:36:15 pm »
You are hardly a clicker if you have 5-10 skills keybound on your mouse.

Having to click stuff you rarely use does not make you a clicker.

Bears like alts!

January 27, 2015, 02:46:04 pm
Reply #7

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 02:46:04 pm »
Oh yeah if they're bound to your mouse it's fine. I was just worried you were clicking really important abilities that require quick reaction such as shamanistic rage and healthstones.

If that's not the case, you're definitely not a clicker.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:55:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

35 Guests, 1 User
Gaeios(Graxlos)