Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Elpith

February 07, 2015, 12:00:17 am
Read 3285 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Elpith
« on: February 07, 2015, 12:00:17 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Elpith
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Elpith/advanced
Class/Spec: Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hello there :) I am 21 years old, live in Lancaster, UK, since i am a final year undergraduate student.

Class/Spec:

Playing both MM and SV with equal mastery. The specialization i have always preferred to play is Marksmanship, despite the fact that it was highly nerfed during the previous expansion and even during Cata( When DS came out). Despite that, i played MM while progressing through DS and had still managed to get some nice -100 rankings in bosses. I used to raid lead the guild known as Fugitive in The Maelstrom, which later on before MOP disbanded due to many core members quitting wow for other games. Therefore i moved to Kazzak and thereafter i have always been prioritizing my specialization based on the needs for progression. Always had, but provided that i am in an environment i am not familiar with i am strict with numbers. During my raiding with Pendulum, on early Elegon hc , i was also quite popular between top ranked guilds in the server( almost raided in Envy but of course i cancelled my application since i realized i could no more raid more than 2-3 days per week). Unfortunately pendulum died after that stage, many players left and i followed.

Been playing a hunter, as my main, since i started playing wow ( Cata, 3 months before DS came out). I refuse to change since. The stats priority i am following is altered based on the specialization,still, for me, although many hunters go mainly only for multistrike in both specs. For MM: Crit-Multi-Vers-Haste-Mastery. I value crit and i do like the buff given from my passive. In addition i believe that crit benefits MM spells much more than multi would, given the passives and the abilities themselves. For SV: Multi-(Crit<->Vers)-Mastery-Haste. Dots, dots, dots=multi is win clearly for the fact that the procs gain an advantage. I like keeping versatility and crit balanced and i prefer mastery over haste since in multi-target fights it is instantly indicated how important it is.

Rotations:
MM= Rapid,Chimaera,AmOc,Aimed and steady spam to gain advantage of the 80%+ boss hp damage buff, since rapid fire also increased the damage done by these two abilities even after the boss's/mob's hp has dropped below 80%. Statistics show though that using rapid fire after the boss/mob has dropped below 80%(in a try to get maximum advantage and not have it on cd after you have just passed the 80% damage buff stage) results in a dps loss.

Now, priority wise goes as such: Chimaera,Kill shot, Aimed, Amoc, steady.

SV: Black Arrow, Explosive, AmOc, Arcane shot and this is also pretty much the priority, which may also change depending on a fight's duration(i.e if the fight is not long lasting, Black arrow will lose priority- but thats not the case in current raid content and never was, but only in dungeons, sometimes).

Alts:

A disc/shadow priest, level 100( always have been actively healing on her though), 96 Pala, 93 Druid, and quite a few others but lower level than these( 90-).

Professions:

On my main, engineering and Leatherworking. Have most recipes in the game....now if you want to know about anything weird....hmm......i don't know. Will have to sort out some sort of coding for that( not everyone is given exclusivity).

Raiding Experience:

As i mentioned, i am a relatively a "newish" player, provided that i started playing the game during Cata, and started raiding hardcore( 5 days per week +) on DS. I also raid leaded our guild in our realm's top 15, with pre- nerfed kills in heroic mode. I have raiding experience as a dps, healer and a tank, since back then i used to also gear my alts with heroic pieces( my priest as a disc healer and my dk as tank).

Previous Guilds:

I came to Kazzak searching for a more active realm, leaving The Maelstrom. I used to raid during MOP with Pendulum, before they drop their progress numbers and end up being social. During the thunder king patch, i did not bother to raid in a competitive way at all. I joined a guild later known as mysteria because a friend asked me to help them with their progress,etc in SoO. The guild died pretty much after that and there was inactivity for some time. These days i have been trying guilds and researching what would fit me best. My current guild, although some members are decent, some others give the worst impressions when it comes to attitude towards raiding. Another reason why i left( and intend to leave) this sort of guilds is because i have noticed that they have....no stable programme. I was at failed experiment as well, and things did not correspond to my experience and intentions with raiding. Random raiding days, many cancelations due to members not showing up, a mess over vent instead of having the raid leader and assigned members ONLY speaking during a BOSS PROGRESSION fight, and other details made me to want to leave. My current guild's though issue is that certain players are what one can call , annoying in respect to what i have mentioned above.

Availability:

I am a university student, hence why i seeked out a casual raiding guild, with 3-2 days per week dedicated raiding. I can attend the current days that Iron Edge has established as raiding days. My exams usually start from May onwards and end in June.

Communication:

Yes in all 3. I am studying English after all :P

Computer / Connection:

Nope, nope and nope. The only issues i have, if ever, is due to our weather here up north, which are rare.

Addons/UI:

DBM/Dominos/Omnicc/Omen/Altoholic/Postal/Sexymap/Auctioneer/TellMeWhen/Prat/Recount(
used to have Skada)/HandyNotes/Gathermate 2/Gladius/Atlas loot/ EPGP/EPGP Lootmaster.
I use them because i am kept up to date with what is needed. DBM of course is essential for raiding, cooldowns, etc, although i always do notice castbars and generally i have been this kind of player who is not dependent on an addon to raid properly, interrupt, stand out of the fire, or in short, do the obvious. I am well aware of my surroundings. The rest= convenience pretty much. Dominos= enables me to save space and EPGP, i also had downloaded for functional purposes.

In combat:

http://imgur.com/0e23J1h,blhvTdj#0

Out of combat:

http://imgur.com/0e23J1h,blhvTdj#1

My keybindings are mainly MD,Deterrence, Stopcasting ones,and kill shot.

Other Games:

League of Legends, Diablo, Oblivion, Skyrim, etc. The list is very long.

Why Iron Edge?

Seeking a better environment in which one can experience great times when progressing in current content and evolve in multiple ways. I want to join hoping for a decent, engaging raiding environment( as well as pvping, questing, anything involving active player participation), and establishing new (maybe) friendships with people who think alike.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A dedicated raider, first of all, who is eager not only to help guild members with staff varying from questing to raiding to lore, etc, but also a loyal player overall, who as long as he sees that his guild values him, will stay with them through thick and thin.This is what i have been searching anyway, a new home to enjoy content and play in a competitive standard.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Battle.net

Last Words?

Fus-ro-dah!!!!

February 08, 2015, 02:56:01 am
Reply #1

Offline Cecerio

• Former Member

Re: Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Elpith
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 02:56:01 am »
Very good application. I also like that you are kinda a "new"-player in which means you wont get bored of the game so easily. Atm our hunter-rooster is quite big, around 5-6 ish but thats up to the officers to decide. Good luck

February 08, 2015, 02:45:20 pm
Reply #2

Offline rödhake

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 02:45:20 pm »
still some of our hunter moved together so they soon getting married ... so they kinda slack alot .... with showing up 2 raids . u know who i mean :P

February 09, 2015, 02:35:47 am
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 02:35:47 am »
Pretty good application! Do you have any logs that you are willing to share with us?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

February 09, 2015, 05:30:45 pm
Reply #4

Elpith

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 05:30:45 pm »
Hello, yes as a matter of fact:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2qln7t5da42o8t3t/sum/damageDone/?s=2508&e=2795

Unfortunately, since  i have pugged my way through Highmaul ( excluding the Imperator HC kill which i got with failed experiment) i do not have any logs at all regarding all the fights, in normal and heroic and my perfomance in general. The only one i could find is the one from the casual normal run that united had the previous wednesday, since failed experiment has not uploaded anything.

February 09, 2015, 07:26:25 pm
Reply #5

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 07:26:25 pm »
Hiyo!
First off, i do appologize for not responding sooner, I was meaning to just let this sit a bit and let people get a few comments on it before replying myself. Secondly, I agree with what has been said in this thread already; I like your application and you do seem like a decent player.
I would like to give you a try, you can poke me or an officer ingame for an invite  :D
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:38:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

49 Guests, 2 Users
kodin, Shimmar