Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Niknamar

April 19, 2015, 08:29:48 pm
Read 8157 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Niknamar
« on: April 19, 2015, 08:29:48 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Niknamar
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Niknamar/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

My name is Simon, im from Denmark and im 18 y.o. Currently im a student (studying math, physics and sports) where i am in the last half of my second year (done studying after 3 years).
I'm a person who strives to do his very best, not only in gaming, but also general in life. I'm organized, calm and i show up well prepared for new fights and mechanics, with the right mindset. I don't mind wiping a whole raid, just as long progress is made.
Last but not least i got two very well functional ears and eyes and one hell of a good brain, so if i fuck up i'm very capable of recieving constructive criticism, and translating it into what i have to do then!

Class/Spec:

Im playing Balance, because it's probably the spec i've played the most (Feral Tank may pull ahead), and because i enjoy playing ranged DPS. Currently i have Resto as offspec, but i don't really use it (only for shorter queue on LFR *trollface*)
My ilvl is 675 in Balance. Don't really have specific resto gear, because it's a spec i dont really enjoy playing that much. Lately i've been collecting some Feral Tanking gear, but it's not worth mentioning anything about.

So i've been playing this character (127 days) since i started playing WoW back in early TBC, but at that time i was Tank. It was in Firelands my current Guild at that time had me spec Balance, and since then i've played Balance. I would describe my understandings of this class as pretty solid, because of the fact that it's without doubt my most played character and class.

Statwise for Balance you would ideally go for Mastery => Crit. Mastery for the increased damage when in Eclipse. Crit is for increased chance of Starsurge procs. After Mastery and Crit, your next choice should be Haste for increased casting speed. Lastly comes Multistrike and Versatility.

Balance DPS is based on your Lunar and Solar energybar, and ones rotation can quick change if you have to move, switch target etc. I will describe my opener in the next part, but to make a quick sum up for the Balance rotation/prio system: Keep MF and SF applied to target(s) at all time, cast SF when in Lunar Eclipse and Wrath in Solar Eclipse, use Starsurge to empower your SF and Warth when in their respective Eclipse and avoid having 3 stacks (dps loss), use CD's when in Lunar Eclipse.

Opener:
Prepot, use CD's (Berserking, Nature's Vigil, Incarnation, Celestial Alignement), apply MF (will also apply SF because Alignement is active), cast 1 Starsurge and then cast 2 SF following. Repeat the Starsurge/SF cycle as long as possible, but atleast keep 1 charge of Starsurge ready, for when entering Solar Eclipse. You should always keep and eye on your Balance Energybar, because u don't want to use a SF when in Solar Eclipse. U should then precast a Wrath when still in Lunar but close to entering Solcar Eclipse.

Alts:

This actually is my alt (?), but i have some questions for you guys down in the last part. But for now in this app i will write like this char is my main.

Most relevant alts:
Tjalfee, Orc Hunter, ilvl 687
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Tjalfee/simple

Zemnia, Orc Shaman, ilvl 663
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Zemnia/simple

More irelevant alts:
Rohtarg, Paladin
Kjaef, DK

Professions:

I have LW and Tailoring. I've had LW since i created this char for making my own gear and awesome leg and bracer enchant (now outdated) etc.
I picked Tailoring in MoP for the cloak enchant, and because i was using this char for cloth/gold farming.
I have some cool old-school LW recipies for transmorg!

Raiding Experience:

WoD:
HM - Both Normal and Heroic cleared. 1/7 M
BRF - 10/10 Heroic both on Druid and Hunter

MoP:
Was guildless through the whole expansion both on my Druid and Hunter, but i managed to clear SoO Heroic (not Mythic).
Note: I had a year break from WoW because of boarding school, so when i came back MoP was already live and rolling. I came back when the Thunder Lord patch launched, and only had gotten my Hunter to lvl 90 with poor gear.

Cataclysm: - At this time i was raiding with Nøddepatruljen (Danish 10man Guild) as Feral Tank, later Balance.
BoT - 4/4 NM, 1/4 HC
BWD - 6/6 NM
Firelands - 7/7 Normal and 6/7 HC.
Dragon Soul - 8/8 Normal and 6/8 HC. We got Spine to 0%, but still managed to wipe.

WotLK - Guildless throughout the whole expansion, but joined weekly pugs for ToC, ICC and RS. Cleared everything on Normal (Heroic now), except LK, DC'ed on 20%. In WotLK i was feral Tank on my Druid through the whole expansion.

TBC - Karazhan and Gruul cleared. Not really much worth mentioning, because at that time i was about 10 y.o. and my lack of english was huuuuge!

Previous Guilds:

I joined Nøddepatruljen (Danish semi-core 10man Guild) back in Cataclysm. I was a core raider, first as Tank and then later as Balance. It was a guild consisting of friends, and we had a blast each time we raided. Sadly the guild disbanded, when i had my year break.

Recently joined Apotheosanity, but their Sunday raid from 3pm-7pm, and their competetive "instinct" doesn't fit me that good. I wanna get back into the semi-core, but on the casual 1-2 raiding nights, and i feel like they are on the more slack side.

Availability:

Im available Monday, Thursday, Friday (if im not partying), Saturday (if im not partying) and Sunday. Tuesdays and Wednesdays im doing gymnastics from 6-8 pm.
I have exams coming up here in late May and throughout June, but because it's my second year of school, i only have 1-2 exams that counts, so the amount of time i have to focus on school is not that much.

Communication:

I am very capable of communicating via TS3, and im not affraid of using it. I probably won't "trash-talk" but during a bossfight im vocal if i have a central role.

Computer / Connection:

Just custom made my computer, and im currently running everything on Ultra without any problems. No FPS drops, no disconnects, everything is stable.

Addons/UI:

DBM/Big Wiggs - Timers, notifications, general awareness etc.
ShadowUF - UI customization
Dominos - UI customization
Quartz - UI customization
Skada - DPS and HPS awareness

http://i.imgur.com/9XcMYsp.jpg

Other Games:

I rarely play LoL, but because we are still in the beginning of this expansion i feel that i have so many thing i can do in WoW, so i guess u could say that all of my time and effort is spend on WoW.

Why Iron Edge?

U seem like a stable, well coordinated and well functioning guild with a raiding schedule and raiding "intensity/seriousness/competetive" scheme that would fit me good. I want to get back into the semi-core raiding, with like minded individuals, and get back into clearing Mythic PvE content while having fun as the same time!

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer Iron Edge a knowledged, experienced and a general good player who have played every role in a raid. I show up for raids well-prepared and with the right mindset. Furthermore i can offer a PERSON who is having fun while playing, and always like bad jokes during raids!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Was searching around on WoWprogress, when i found you guys.

Last Words?

Yes! So, to the alt-main thingy earlier. Maybe i have misunderstood the concept of this weekend-raid and main-raid but... The reason why im applying for my Druid is because i wanna get back into raiding in this character again. The reason why i then applied for the weekend-raid is because my lack of gear and experience so far, and i thought it might make my chances on getting in less likely. So i thought that i could apply for the weekend-raid and then get geared and exp'ed up, and then later apply for the main raid? Is that the wrong way to do it or..? HELP!
I guess the essence of this is just that i REALLY want to raid with you! The perfect scenario would be to join the main-raid on my Druid, but as described above, you know why...
Feel free to ask me about anything regarding anything if i have made something unclear!
Furthermore, i would just thank you guys for taking your time and reading through this app.

Regards

Simon/Niknamar/Tjalfee

April 20, 2015, 11:30:27 am
Reply #1

Online Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Niknamar
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 11:30:27 am »
Well... even though the application is amazing, our guild doesn't accept alts. We want people, not characters :)
Ba dun tss!

April 20, 2015, 12:11:11 pm
Reply #2

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 12:11:11 pm »
Let me understand this correctly, are you going to keep raiding on your hunter with your current guild or is your point that you will make your druid your main now?

Generally we don't consider the weekendraid a stepping stone to the main raid but rather a raid for the players that can't or don't want to raid two weeknights.

Bears like alts!

April 20, 2015, 01:57:12 pm
Reply #3

Offline Niknamar

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 01:57:12 pm »
Let me understand this correctly, are you going to keep raiding on your hunter with your current guild or is your point that you will make your druid your main now?

Generally we don't consider the weekendraid a stepping stone to the main raid but rather a raid for the players that can't or don't want to raid two weeknights.

Okay, so... Then i have misunderstood the concept of the weekendraid. I thought the weekend-raid COULD be the steppingstone for players like me who wants and can raid to times a week. I thought, because im lacking a bit of gear, that i could use the weekend-raid as this steppingstone to get geared for the main-raid.

I should probably have made the application for the main-raid since that what my intention in the first place... However! If i get accepted for the main-raid (since i want and can both nights) i won't conintue raiding on my Hunter. I would then instead make my Druid my "main" again and obviously raid 100% with out guys.

Sorry for the misunderstandings! That is totally my bad!

Hope this makes my intention clear for you guys.

April 20, 2015, 05:32:55 pm
Reply #4

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 05:32:55 pm »
Apply is very informative, 18 is quite young to have that much wow raiding xp especially as a tank lol.

Any who I understand why you've tried for weekend team to get geared for main team but as stated that team is its own guild raid team within another guild in theory, only thing I'd say is you can hear the boomkin up with own efforts to 680-685 ilvl you wouldn't be far off main raid but that depends on effort you put in.

Not my decision but if your serious bout joining us than make that effort and you've got my vote.

Good luck

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

April 20, 2015, 06:20:53 pm
Reply #5

Offline Niknamar

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 06:20:53 pm »
Currently putting alot of time and effort to get past the 670's. I will definitly do my very best to keep up with the main raiders if you choose to pick me.

Thanks for your vote Vejeta

April 21, 2015, 01:46:13 pm
Reply #6

Offline incub0

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 01:46:13 pm »
Hello there and first of all thanks for applying! U have made a quite decent application which, imo, means that u have put some effort and u are willing to be a part of our guild.

From what I read u seem to know how the class and the rotation works but u must always prove it in action..

Tbh I don't like the fact that you are applying with your alt even for the weekend raid. unless you are willing to apply with your main char also to the guild and then u can raid freely with whichever u choose either on the casual raid or the weekend raid ( or both of them)

That's my opinion.. Love it or hate it ^^

April 21, 2015, 07:31:28 pm
Reply #7

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 07:31:28 pm »
Hello there and first of all thanks for applying! U have made a quite decent application which, imo, means that u have put some effort and u are willing to be a part of our guild.

From what I read u seem to know how the class and the rotation works but u must always prove it in action..

Tbh I don't like the fact that you are applying with your alt even for the weekend raid. unless you are willing to apply with your main char also to the guild and then u can raid freely with whichever u choose either on the casual raid or the weekend raid ( or both of them)

That's my opinion.. Love it or hate it ^^

You missed what he was saying incubo, he thought to apply to weekend guild till he got gear as wants to main change by look of things from hunter to boomkin, however he recognises his gear is behind what were after, so wants to gear up boomkin first and than try and join main raid team.
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

April 21, 2015, 07:46:52 pm
Reply #8

Offline Jallurin

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 07:46:52 pm »

April 22, 2015, 03:22:08 am
Reply #9

Online Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 03:22:08 am »
I have no problem taking you in the weekend raid in normal circumstances. But I don't want to invest in you and have you vanish or join the main raid.

Invest is a strong word since we're at 6/10 hc in the weekend raid.

If you want to apply for the main raid, your call.
Ba dun tss!

April 22, 2015, 10:09:25 am
Reply #10

Offline Niknamar

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 10:09:25 am »
I have no problem taking you in the weekend raid in normal circumstances. But I don't want to invest in you and have you vanish or join the main raid.

Invest is a strong word since we're at 6/10 hc in the weekend raid.

If you want to apply for the main raid, your call.

I wanna join the main-raid. I've mistunderstood the concept of the weekend-raid (thought it could be used as a stepping-stone, because i know im lacking gear), and since im available for the main-raid, and i believe i got what it takes to compete with the current raiders.

April 22, 2015, 11:38:56 am
Reply #11

Offline incub0

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 11:38:56 am »
Thanks for the heads up vejeta. Apparently I didn't notice that.. Gearing up will be an issue since we are progressing in mythic. Try to pug and get some gear, get some crafted items or buy some with apexis crystals..

April 23, 2015, 12:17:32 pm
Reply #12

Offline Niknamar

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 12:17:32 pm »
Thanks for the heads up vejeta. Apparently I didn't notice that.. Gearing up will be an issue since we are progressing in mythic. Try to pug and get some gear, get some crafted items or buy some with apexis crystals..

Currently working on it 24/7, but getting gear from PUGS can fuck you over, because loot in PUGS is based on how lucky u are (rolling), but loots in a Guild is destributed on your performance, and how good the item is for you statwise and such.

April 23, 2015, 07:00:18 pm
Reply #13

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 07:00:18 pm »
Sorry to say but I'm going to have to decline this application since you want to join for the main raid. The fact is that you're quite behind on gear and on mythic experience as opposed to the rest of the raiding team.
All in all this has been a very good application, and you are more than welcome to apply for the guild again at a later time when you've managed to catch up in terms of gear. Best of luck to you :D
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

April 23, 2015, 07:04:10 pm
Reply #14

Offline Niknamar

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 07:04:10 pm »
Sorry to say but I'm going to have to decline this application since you want to join for the main raid. The fact is that you're quite behind on gear and on mythic experience as opposed to the rest of the raiding team.
All in all this has been a very good application, and you are more than welcome to apply for the guild again at a later time when you've managed to catch up in terms of gear. Best of luck to you :D

I can understand.
I will definetly apply to you again, when i manage to get some more gear! Till then, best of luck to you guys as well! :)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:04:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

64 Guests, 4 Users
Xormn, Spetsnaz, Andervous, Rash