Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Ghettobeast

April 24, 2015, 02:08:42 pm
Read 5495 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Ghettobeast
« on: April 24, 2015, 02:08:42 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Ghettobeast
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Ghettobeast/advanced
Class/Spec: Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Mads Gregersen, I am 23 (24 in two weeks) years old and I live in Aalborg, Denmark. I am currently studying for my English bachelor at Aalborg University. Which fortunately means that I have plenty of time to spend in front of my computer. I am also terribly single if any guy/girl would be interested. I'm not picky.

Class/Spec:

I am playing survival as my main spec and I have marksmanship as my off spec. I am well aware of the fact that beast mastery is supposedly the strongest spec these days. Even stronger than all other specs overall. But I simply cannot stand playing it. When I got my 4-set bonus a month or two back, I gave it my best shot for two weeks. But I absolutely loathe the RNG proponent. It reminds of me of playing fire mage in Cataclysm and just waiting for that second crit to hit. When I play BM I feel like I'm waiting for procs. If I get none, my damage is horrible - but if I get loads, then my damage is incredible. But I simply cannot stand it. That's why I'm currently still playing survival and I think I am consistently doing well.

My equipped item level for survival is 693. I got a few mythic warforged pieces with very poor survival stats so that's why my overall is 697.

For survival, my stat priority is something along the lines of:

Multistrike >>> Crit > Versatility >> Mastery > Haste

My rotation is fairly simple. For single target I keep try to keep a 100% uptime on Serpent Sting (which isn't a problem with arcane shot being used so frequently), use Black Arrow and Explosive Shot on cooldown, then if I have a Thrill of the Hunt proc, I'll use my focus on Arcane Shot, and if no proc, I'll use Powershot. And then I have Cobra Shot for focus generation on the bottom of my priority list. As well as Arcane Shot if I'm getting close to capping my focus.

For two targets, I keep up Serpent Sting on both targets. Either using Multi-Shot if they're close to eachother or Arcane Shot (I have a mouse-over macro) if they're too far apart. Powershot is replaced by Barrage, which is second-highest priority if the targets are close. And when I remember to do so, I'll also work in an Explosive Trap. Preferably using it when Barrage, Black Arrow, and Explosive Shot all are on cooldown.

For more than two targets, I replace Arcane Shot with Multi-Shot and keep the same rotation as above.

Alts:

My restoration druid, Mariannemuko:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Mariannemuko/advanced

I have six level 100 on Kazzak but I mostly use the other ones for Garrison missions and generating a bit of income through the barn when I can be bothered to trap beasts.

Professions:

I currently have Engineering and Jewelcrafting. Engineering because it was the strongest profession in Mists of Pandaria and then Jewelcrafting because... well, it provides me with a decent income with very little effort. I used to have Leatherworking for the bracer enchant but I swapped it out in this expansion. I have the recipe for Jeeves but I've been too lazy to assemble the materials. Scrapbots for the win!

Raiding Experience:

I have been raiding ever since I started to take the game serious and actually leveled a character to level 60. Please note that all of the following kills were earned while they were relevant and the most difficult content available.

World of Warcraft: (Playing Mage)

Zul'Gurub: Hakkar slain.
Molten Core: Ragnaros slain.
Blackwing Lair: Nefarian slain.
Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj: Ossirian slain.
Temple of Ahn'Qiraj: C'thun slain.
Naxxramas: Everything before The Four Horsemen slain.

The Burning Crusade: (Playing Resto Druid)

Karazhan: Prince Malchezaar slain.
Serpentshrine Cavern: Lady Vashj slain.
Tempest Keep: The Eye: Kael'thas slain.
Mount Hyjal: Archimonde slain.
Black Temple: Illidan slain.
Sunwell Plataeu: Kil'jaeden defeated once before the 30% nerf.

Also completede the Zul'aman speed run and earned the bear mount.

Wrath of the Lich King: (Playing Mage again)

Naxxramas: Kel'Thuzad slain.
The Eye of Eternity: Malygos slain.
The Obsidian Sanctum: Sartharion and his three drakes slain.
Ulduar: Algalon slain. (Single greatest moment in my entire gaming career - world 113th)
Trial of the Crusader 10: Anub'arak slain with 50 wipes remaining.
Trial of the Crusader 25: Anub'arak slain with 48 wipes remaining.
Icecrown Citadel: Heroic Lich King slain in both 10- and 25-man.

Cataclysm: (Playing Mage)

Blackwing Descent: Everything other than Nefarian slain on heroic difficulty.
The Bastion of Twilight: Everything other than Sinestra slain on heroic difficulty.
Throne of the Four Winds: Al'Akir slain on normal difficulty.

Everything after this was killed after the next major patch was added or through the dungeon finder.

Mists of Pandaria: (Playing Rogue)

Everything before Siege of Orgrimmar was killed with LFR. I started playing the expansion a few months before the release of SoO and then I started to take everything serious once again.

Siege of Orgrimmar: Heroic (Mythic) Malkorok defeated.

Warlords of Draenor: (Playing Hunter)

Highmaul: Twin Ogron killed on mythic difficulty. Blackrock Foundry was released shortly thereafter.
Blackrock Foundry: Oregorger, Beastlord Darmac, and Gruul slain on mythic difficulty.

Previous Guilds:

NeverWas - The guild I was a member of throughout vanilla and the first two expansions. I was very much an annoying teenager back then and the officers were not fans of my attitude. When there was a change in management I got booted. And when I think back as a 23 year old; I do not blame them. I was a little shit.

Sanctuary - The guild I started with my best friend and some friends from our realm. The guild was disbanded after some drama regarding unfair loot distribution and some long-term drama boiling under the surface. Mix that with the fact that my friend had a real life emergency that forced him to quit the game and you have the reason why I stopped playing.

Disdain - A guild I made with some real life friends I made through League of Legends and Counter Strike. We were having a lot of fun but we were also having a very hard time finding new trials. We had a few raids that were cancelled and it pissed some people off. Then our main tank and one of our only reliable healers quit the game without notice. We later found out that the tank's wife wanted him to stop playing the game. And his best friend, the healer, followed suit as they are pretty much inseparable. People started leaving shortly after we stopped raiding.

UniteÐ - The horde guild on Kazzak I joined after my brother "Bettemanden" suggested that they could use an experienced hunter. I thoroughly enjoyed raiding with this guild but unfortunately mythic took its toll on us. We had a very difficult time finding 20 raiders and when we actually had a full team, 25% of the raid was undergeared and inexperienced. We had two whole weeks without raids due to poor attendance and that was the end of United. We took the 10 Danish players and merged with Rød Stue a few days later.

Rød Stue - The guild that was supposed to be our savior. We met with the officers of RS and we agreed on the rules of the merger. Rød Stue had 18 raiders ready to go, so we agreed to join them instead of making a new guild. When the day with the first mythic raid arrived, Rød Stue only had about 10 raiders left. So the setup was far from perfect. But we killed Gruul and wiped a bit on Beastlord. The next raid we got Beastlord down and also managed to kill Oregorger. An hour or so after the raid was over, the guild leader told us that they didn't want to raid anymore. So that was the end of that. And then here I am. Ready to move on!

Availability:

I will be available most days from 7-8 until midnight. There will be some exams at some point and I also have a few days where I actually have to show up for a lecture or two. I should be available for every single raid.

Communication:

I have no issues speaking with strangers. Maybe a little. I was always very shy as a child and I suppose I still am. I am quiet at first but as soon as we have warmed up to each other, I'm sure you are going to wish I would stay quiet. Obviously not during serious raids. When we're killing trash or farm bosses - when the raid is relaxed and in a good mood.

Computer / Connection:

My computer is... fine. My FPS is steady and I very rarely have crashes. Just yesterday I upgraded my internet to a fiber connection. 60/60 and around 15 MS. After I replaced my graphics card, I have had zero blue screens, so I can, with confidence, tell you that I have a stable computer.

Addons/UI:

The main addons I primarily use for raiding are as follows:

BigWigs, Skada, TimeToDie (to see if it's safe to use Stampede), and WeakAuras.

Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/2qzMW1o.jpg

My interface is an edited version of Elv UI with a few quality-of-life addons. Nothing particularly fancy.

Other Games:

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls (Season 3 Demon Hunter), Cities: Skylines, Minecraft, League of Legends, Hearthstone, and a bit of Heroes of the Storm. I also have some games on steam I play from time to time but these are the main ones. Definitely paying most attention to Diablo these days. Trying to complete some greater rifts!

Why Iron Edge?

I was looking at guilds that only raided two times per week and had similar progress to United/Rød Stue. You are a bit ahead of my experience but I like a challenge. I checked out your website and I like the humor of the whole thing. Especially the banner. It simply looks like a nice place to be. But mostly because of Norbert.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer you an experience damage dealer who rarely makes the same mistake twice. I can offer you perfect attendance (except for emergencies) and a consistent damage output. I grew up in a very sarcastic household and being Danish I also come with a very dry sense of humor. I'm not particularly good at advertising myself. Uhh... I like music and stuff and I'm a nice guy. So I can offer you some humor and a happy personality!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I found you on wow-progress.com and gave you a look. And I liked what I saw!

Last Words?

Thank you very much for reading my application. I am fully aware that survival is not the optimal spec. But I promise that I will do my absolute best and work my hardest to improve my performance. I am indeed in competition with myself and it annoys me greatly if I perform poorly.

April 24, 2015, 02:18:25 pm
Reply #1

Offline Franga

• Guild Member

• Xorm's Dad

Re: Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Ghettobeast
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 02:18:25 pm »
Another good application that will make Vejeta tear up. Seems good mate, good luck. And you also play CS:GO so that is a plus!

April 24, 2015, 02:27:52 pm
Reply #2

Offline Ghettobeast

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 02:27:52 pm »
A certain someone asked me to post some logs so that is what it is that I am doing.

Gruul, Oregorger, Beastlord on mythic:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QPdgxbhY3pmVB79W#fight=8&type=damage-done

- I'm not sure what went wrong on Gruul. There's also a few H&F attempts if you're interested.

9/10 Heroic kills:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9AKVMDRw2kynv7pc#fight=15&type=damage-done

And finally logs from a Blackhand kill:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Q4xDBvNPfHkwMKRZ#fight=27&type=damage-done

April 24, 2015, 04:31:35 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 04:31:35 pm »
The standard of last few apps have made me joyful at least, yours included more applications like this with logs like those and I'm pretty sure we'd wreck top 15 on server. Epic no legendary application looking at rankings alone you break the meters, as long as it's not from tunnel vision it's all good, got my big angry paladin stamp of approval.

Over to the officers to go formalities imho, good luck on the app.

Regards

Vejeta

P.s after this app and recents not so angry anymore XD
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

April 24, 2015, 04:48:37 pm
Reply #4

Offline Franga

• Guild Member

• Xorm's Dad

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 04:48:37 pm »
Indeed the quality of the applications has increased greatly as of late. Maybe due to people reading your comments on other apps? :p

April 24, 2015, 04:49:49 pm
Reply #5

Offline Jallurin

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 04:49:49 pm »

April 24, 2015, 05:14:50 pm
Reply #6

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 05:14:50 pm »
Indeed the quality of the applications has increased greatly as of late. Maybe due to people reading your comments on other apps? :p

Better recognise!
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

April 25, 2015, 11:18:56 am
Reply #7

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 11:18:56 am »
Let's get this guy in, shall we?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

April 25, 2015, 01:49:19 pm
Reply #8

Offline Bendie

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 01:49:19 pm »
I approve.
2016-04-22 04:58:08 [Raid] Bendiee: Neclord placed his balls on my shoulders. i dont have anything against black people. but monkeys do spread aids.

April 25, 2015, 07:08:15 pm
Reply #9

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 07:08:15 pm »
I grew up in a very sarcastic household and being Danish I also come with a very dry sense of humor.
I would willingly haveaccepted you based on this comment alone, I must say :D People in this guild are going to love you
But I have gotten to look over your logs, and needless to say, you're doing quite well for yourself. Combine that with quite an outstanding raiding experience in previous expansions as well as in this, the rather surpricing amount of interest certain people have taken to get you to join, and the fact that I got to personally talk a little to you before you applied where you seemed like a very well-rounded guy, I'd be crazy not to let you join  :D Therefore i r8 this 8 out of 8, welcome m8.
You can poke me or another officer ingame for an invite!
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

April 25, 2015, 07:23:53 pm
Reply #10

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 07:23:53 pm »
I grew up in a very sarcastic household and being Danish I also come with a very dry sense of humor.
I would willingly haveaccepted you based on this comment alone, I must say :D People in this guild are going to love you
But I have gotten to look over your logs, and needless to say, you're doing quite well for yourself. Combine that with quite an outstanding raiding experience in previous expansions as well as in this, the rather surpricing amount of interest certain people have taken to get you to join, and the fact that I got to personally talk a little to you before you applied where you seemed like a very well-rounded guy, I'd be crazy not to let you join  :D Therefore i r8 this 8 out of 8, welcome m8.
You can poke me or another officer ingame for an invite!

In the words tychus Findlay "hell, it's about time!"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:58:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

68 Guests, 0 Users