Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Healer) - Bettemanden

April 29, 2015, 09:40:01 am
Read 3413 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Healer) - Bettemanden
« on: April 29, 2015, 09:40:01 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Bettemanden
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Bettemanden/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Daniel A. Gregersen, I'm 27 years old, and I live in Aalborg, Denmark with my wife, Kristina, and our 1.5 year old son, Tobias.
I'm studying my master in Management Accounting at Aalborg University, besides that I work part time in sales.
For pastime I ride my bike.. A LOT. Usually around 10-12h each week.

Class/Spec:

My mainspec is Holy, it's what I have the most experience playing and what I've played the longest. Offspec is Ret which I've played at least some and I have it quite decently geared as well. I prefer to play as Holy and I'm applying as Holy. And as such I'll answer the rest of the questions as Holy.
My Holy iLvL is 690-692 depending on which gear I use (according to encounter), Ret iLvL is 687.

Stats as a healer is such a long discussion. Int is king, spirit is the prince - but with a cap according to fight. Besides the two "main" stats the consensus is that it's crit > the rest, but only very marginally. In addition, secondary stats for Holy Paladin does very different things, so for some fights mastery is better than haste, etc. Thus the aim is to get crit on everything, but iLvL trumps all.
Priority as Holy Paladin is: Holy Shock on CD, Prism on CD (unless you know there's comming raidwide damage), Avenging Wrath on CD (again unless you know you'll need it soon[ish]). Other then that it's spam Holy Light if nothing better to do, Flash of Light if the mana allows it (or if it's on tank), and Holy Radiance if you can make sure to get at least 90 % use of the healing and the Daybreak.

Alts:

My main alt is Pålægmand [http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/p%C3%A5l%C3%A6gsmand/advanced] which I'll get back to later.

Professions:

I have Alc and Enchanting. Not that it matters any more :(

Raiding Experience:

I've played the game on and off since US beta. Though I never played Mist (I've heard I didn't miss that much).
I've mainly played DPS and in Cata switched to Healer (on this Paladin).
I vanilla I played in a guild that got server first Nefarian, when we got to Naxx and got I think about 5 bosses or so I stopped playing, too much hassel, too much time.
That repeated for the next two expansions. On and off raiding with some great guilds - but real life got in the way often.

But now I'm settled with a wife and kid, even got it arrenged so that I've got the two nights free to raid. So I can almost guarantee 100 % attendence unless of cause some emergency comes up.

Previous Guilds:

I'll only talk about WoD here - everything else is ancient history.

I started playing on Ravencrest with my brother and some friends. We did fine in HM and got to 6/7 but some from our roster was keeping us back. So my brother and I transferred to Kazzak where I had some friends raiding as well.

We joined United and things went well. I was promoted to officer and in charge with spreadsheets and what not. We got 10/10 HC BRF but as most small guild, the 20 man requirement for Mythic killed us.

We tried merging with Rød Stue who promised us 18 raiders - after the 2nd raid they were down to 8 and told us they didn't want to raid any more. So here I am.

Availability:

I might as well be honest. There's little to do in WoW atm so I almost only log on to play during raids.
But since my study is very much at home I'm mostly online from 9:00-15:00 either doing some school work or playing other games.

Communication:

Yes, I've been raid leader before and as an officer I've talked a lot during raids.

Computer / Connection:

Quite decent, 60 fps constant. Great internet connection which (as of today) never goes out.

Addons/UI:

I use BigWigs for raid timers etc, ElvUi for UI, TellMeWhen for cds and procs, SimpleHolyPower for Holy Power management.
My UI looks something like this: http://imgur.com/uxd2rqr

It tracks pots (health and mana) at appropriate levels, procs such as set and DP, and cooldowns.

Other Games:

I play Diablo 3 (a bit), Pillars of Eternity, and most of all I play StarDrive 2 atm - great game!

Why Iron Edge?

The progress fit me. I don't want to join a guild that has 7/8 Mythic on farm. I want to be there for the progress - progress is what's fun.
Also the raid times are perfect for me. I can't raid more than twice each week, and having four hour raids gives a good eight hours of raiding each week. Which is perfect.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A very, very competent healer that almost never fucks up and who's got the overview to play very well as well as being able to help other people if the need be. As well as the mentioned 100 % attendance.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

As mentioned earlier I were looking for a new guild with my brother and we found you guys on Wowprogress with perfect raid schedule as well as progress.

Last Words?

On your site it says you're only looking for DPS. But since this Holy Paladin is my baby I'd like to be able to play him. IF there's no room for more great healers I'd like to apply on my Warlock. Just tell me so and I'll make a new apply with him.

Other then that, here's some logs from BRF HC:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/3293692/latest/#boss=0

Please ignore the Mythic - the kills were crowded with healers and went too smooth for us to heal anything :)

April 29, 2015, 01:11:40 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Healer) - Bettemanden
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 01:11:40 pm »
Guessing ghettos your brother,

Nice app love the detail, on to the character choice we currently have 2 holy Paladins 3 rets with one rerollling dk currently and a prot pala, I'd love a pink raid but I don't think anyone else would. Might be a thought to maybe go through dps rotation etc on your lock and add it to this apply. Not an officer here but just my views on it I could be wrong but never hurts to ask so good on ya.

Good luck on the nice apply!

Vejeta
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:14:20 pm by Vejeta »
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

April 29, 2015, 02:02:09 pm
Reply #2

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 02:02:09 pm »
I'm studying my master in Management Accounting at Aalborg University, besides that I work part time in sales.

What do you sell?

Yeah a third holy paladin is gonna be tough to squeeze in, it's funny because we've wanted another one of your caliber for a while, and now we have too many again :(

I'll discuss it with our ranged officer and our healing officer and see what we can do, but I think maybe rolling warlock for at least a few months until summer is definitely on the table here.

We're doing an heroic BRF run tonight (29-04-15) for boosting purposes, if you'd like to join, poke me around 20:00 CET.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

April 29, 2015, 03:21:47 pm
Reply #3

Offline Lethys

• Officer

• Lets Alfie this place up.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 03:21:47 pm »
Another Holy Paladin! So much more competition, I might finally be allowed to re-roll now :P

But on a serious note the application looks well thought out and your rotation seems pretty balanced. I'm not one for using the Sanctified/Merciful wrath combo but it seems to work fine from what i've seen :)
Any comments or statements made by Lethys are not representative of Iron Edge as a whole.

April 30, 2015, 04:02:26 pm
Reply #4

Offline Jallurin

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 04:02:26 pm »

April 30, 2015, 04:05:34 pm
Reply #5

Offline Valkyrie

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 04:05:34 pm »
It's a damn shame, but as we have 6 healers on the roster, two of which are paladins, we almost always have at least one healer on the bench. I certainly wouldn't mind a good warlock though.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:06:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 0 Users