Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Pålægsmand

May 03, 2015, 08:37:24 pm
Read 4707 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Pålægsmand
« on: May 03, 2015, 08:37:24 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Pålægsmand
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/P%C3%A5l%C3%A6gsmand/advanced
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Daniel A. Gregersen, I'm 27 years old, and I live in Aalborg, Denmark with my wife, Kristina, and our 1.5 year old son, Tobias.
I'm studying my master in Management Accounting at Aalborg University, besides that I work part time in sales.
For pastime I ride my bike.. A LOT. Usually around 10-12h each week.

Class/Spec:

Demonology as main - really only spec atm.
I liked the Demonbolt Warlock a bit more than the curret Demonology spec. But since the nerf Demonbolt isn't even close to relevent so I've swapped to Demonic Servitude for... all fights.
It doens't pad the meters as much as Cataclysm does, but it provides great single target DPS with the option to burst AoE with the 4 set and stacking 3 Chaos Waves and saving a Dark Soul stack for the AoE phases; like on Beastlord and Operator. But my point is that both of these fights actually single target fights, but Cataclysm would pad the meters to look great. I just don't feel the need when there're so many other classes with build-in AoE.
My equiped iLvL is 681 with 4 set which includes 3 x 670 set items, slots which I have 685 from HM, but 4 set for Warlocks is insanely good - therefore the lower equiped iLvL.

Ahhh stats for DPS, so much easier! :D
For Demonology you focus on int of course, then it's mastery. The other secondary (save versatility) are great for different things so the consensus is to just try and keep them even.
In short; iLvL > Mastery > Not versatility.
After mastery there most likely ain't much choice in real life applications, either it has a higher iLvL or it has mastery or you should have passed to someone else.
For Demonology Warlocks it's most of all a prio system:
* Use Grimoire of Service (can be delayed for BL/Beserking).
* Keep Corruption and Doom up.
* If more than 1 target and not a burst AoE fight: Apply Hand of Gul'dan on two stacks.
* If 1 target: Apply Hand of Gul'dan on three stacks.
* Refresh Hand of Gul'dan with 2 sec remaining.
* If more than 800 Demonic Fury: Burn Phase.
* If trinket and ring procs: Burn Phase.
* If 8 stacks of Molten Core: Soul Fire.
* Shadow Bolt

Burn Phase:
* Dark Soul.
* Chaos Wave.
* Soul Fire with Molten Core.
* Touch of Chaos.

Life Tab is to be saved for movement as well as reapplying Corruption. Going into Metamorphis and casting Touch of Chaos is also very viable.

Alts:

My alt would be Bettemanden then. A very great geared Holy Paladin. See http://www.iron-edge.co.uk/index.php?topic=8007.0 for more info ;)

Professions:

I have Engineering and Incription. Not that it matters any more :(

Raiding Experience:

I've played the game on and off since US beta. Though I never played Mist (I've heard I didn't miss that much).
I've mainly played DPS (on this Warlock as well as Rogue and Mage) and in Cata switched to Healer (on my Paladin).
I vanilla I played in a guild that got server first Nefarian, when we got to Naxx and got I think about 5 bosses or so I stopped playing, too much hassel, too much time.
That repeated for the next two expansions. On and off raiding with some great guilds - but real life got in the way often.

But now I'm settled with a wife and kid, even got it arrenged so that I've got the two nights free to raid. So I can almost guarantee 100 % attendence unless of cause some emergency comes up.

Previous Guilds:

I'll only talk about WoD here - everything else is ancient history.

I started playing on Ravencrest with my brother and some friends. We did fine in HM and got to 6/7 but some from our roster was keeping us back. So my brother and I transferred to Kazzak where I had some friends raiding as well.

We joined United and things went well. I was promoted to officer and in charge with spreadsheets and what not. We got 10/10 HC BRF but as most small guild, the 20 man requirement for Mythic killed us.

We tried merging with Rød Stue who promised us 18 raiders - after the 2nd raid they were down to 8 and told us they didn't want to raid any more. So here I am.

Availability:

I might as well be honest. There's little to do in WoW atm so I almost only log on to play during raids.
But since my study is very much at home I'm mostly online from 9:00-15:00 either doing some school work or playing other games.

Communication:

Yes, I've been raid leader before and as an officer I've talked a lot during raids.

Computer / Connection:

Quite decent, 60 fps constant. Great internet connection which (as of today) never goes out.

Addons/UI:

I use BigWigs for raid timers etc, ElvUi for UI, TellMeWhen for cds and procs.
My UI looks something like this: http://imgur.com/InNCrAe

It tracks health pots and Life Tap at appropriate levels, procs such as Trinket and ring, and cooldowns as well as when to go into burn phase.

Other Games:

I play Diablo 3 (a bit), Pillars of Eternity, and most of all I play StarDrive 2 atm - great game! As well as some Hearthstone while I'm on the toilet ;)

Why Iron Edge?

The progress fit me. I don't want to join a guild that has 7/8 Mythic on farm. I want to be there for the progress - progress is what's fun.
Also the raid times are perfect for me. I can't raid more than twice each week, and having four hour raids gives a good eight hours of raiding each week. Which is perfect.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A very, very competent player. It's been some time since I've progressed as DPS, but I know my class and I know how to play (as proven by my Paladin). As well as the mentioned 100 % attendance.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

As mentioned earlier I were looking for a new guild with my brother and we found you guys on Wowprogress with perfect raid schedule as well as progress.

Last Words?

I know my gear isn't great. A lot of that is due to not getting the Mythic BRF cashe from Garrison. But also that I stopped running BRF HC when I got 4 set and full (save one trinket) 685 gear - I simply had run HC too much on my Paladin as well as my Warlock. So I never got the last 4 items to 685.

Here are the logs from BRF HC:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/4222841/latest/#boss=0
Not something I really like to show though.. I slacked a bit too much seeing as it was my alt and they were done with PuGs.

May 03, 2015, 10:48:40 pm
Reply #1

Offline Jallurin

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Pålægsmand
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 10:48:40 pm »

May 03, 2015, 10:57:24 pm
Reply #2

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 10:57:24 pm »
Hi again!

Wouldn't have really needed to reapply, I already had a pretty good feeling about your paladin application. Let's see what Moon has to say, but I think you're definitely worth a trial!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

May 04, 2015, 12:36:31 am
Reply #3

Offline Bendie

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 12:36:31 am »
Something nice.

Now thats been said. i would like to see what you can offer. Best of luck.
I would also like you to replace ur normal pieces for heroic ones asap. i have yet too see a good warlock. :3
2016-04-22 04:58:08 [Raid] Bendiee: Neclord placed his balls on my shoulders. i dont have anything against black people. but monkeys do spread aids.

May 04, 2015, 09:02:09 am
Reply #4

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 09:02:09 am »
Something nice.

Now thats been said. i would like to see what you can offer. Best of luck.
I would also like you to replace ur normal pieces for heroic ones asap. i have yet too see a good warlock. :3

Meow bendiee, as rash said just adding details to your pals apply with its standard imho would of been adequate but to write 2 applications good on ya, good luck on the apply
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

May 04, 2015, 10:25:29 am
Reply #5

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 10:25:29 am »
Ba dun tss!

May 04, 2015, 11:13:17 am
Reply #6

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

Re: Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - P?l?gsmand
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 11:13:17 am »
You seem to know your shit, seem to be nice, play a little d3 and you helped the porkchoppers (so I am seconding the "Something Nice" notion of Bendiee).
The only way you wouldn't be given a trial is Moonecl Korroth trying to eliminate competition.

May 05, 2015, 02:07:03 am
Reply #7

Offline Jallurin

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 02:07:03 am »

May 05, 2015, 07:42:24 am
Reply #8

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 07:42:24 am »
I must say, I've been waiting for far too long to have a warlock apply for the guild. Seems warlocks are far and few between nowadays, which I find quite curious. You do show a lot of understanding for the warlock class in your application, so I'd be more than happy to accept you and get to see you in action in mythic content. I've seen you on Bettemanden so far, and it will be interesting to have another Demo warlock running around, causing havoc  :D Just so you know, as of yesterday we are now on 7/10 in terms of kills in BrF, so it will be expected of you to read up and prepare yourself for those bosses and at least Maidens and Blast Furnace. Feel free to poke me or another officer ingame for an invite!
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

May 05, 2015, 07:44:45 am
Reply #9

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 07:44:45 am »

And what in the world is this ungodly hellspawn that you keep on posting everywhere, Jallurin? xD This last one was incredibly freaky
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:47:31 am by Mooneclipse »
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

May 05, 2015, 08:44:07 am
Reply #10

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 08:44:07 am »
Dolph is a very aggressive danish Hippopodumus!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 08:45:56 am by Gaeios(Graxlos) »

Bears like alts!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:41:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

68 Guests, 1 User
Oni