Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - Zdot

May 10, 2015, 01:40:23 am
Read 3257 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - Zdot
« on: May 10, 2015, 01:40:23 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Zdot
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Zdot/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (Healer)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

Artem / 19 / Russia, Moscow / university (linguist).

Class/Spec:

Well my main spec is holy and my offspec is ret. Ilvl 669. (my character is 2 weeks old)

Well there isnt really a rotation for a healer. All instant healing/gaining holy power spells must be off cd all the time. Have BRF HC healing experience. If the healers are awful I can pull up to 45k+ HPS. No point about writing about my stats and blabla...I can just google it right now and give the corect answer.

Alts:

Nope. Olny 1 character.

Professions:

No professions. To lazy for them.

Raiding Experience:

Played on retail all the way up to ToT HC then I quit and played on some private servers for a couple of years. Came back to retail 2 weeks ago.

Previous Guilds:

It was Rune. A really good guild but they started getting into mythic content and I am really undergeared for that. So didnt see any point of staying in there.

Availability:

Actually any day after 7pm ST.

Communication:

Yes I have TS / I can talk & listen.

Computer / Connection:

I only get real low FPS on Hanz fight in LFR cause there is alot of people. Either than that Im always fine.

Addons/UI:

All teh standart ones. DBM/atlasloot/handynotes/recount/mapster/grid/bartender.

Other Games:

Guitar Hero.

Why Iron Edge?

Progression/Experience/Raiding/New mates.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

You will be able to answer that question youreself after some time.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Some guy in Orgrimmar.

Last Words?

No, not really. I really hate these application forms tbgh. Id rather hop on TS and talk to ppl or get invited and tested in a raid.

May 10, 2015, 11:17:52 am
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - Zdot
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 11:17:52 am »
Hey Zdot,

Just something i picked up on, you said no professions as lazy, understandable as not great rewarding anymore, however the idea of an application form is to get an informed decision on whether you'd be a fit for the weekend team, with this application that makes it a lot harder, do you have logs? Maybe a screenshot of your ui during raids?

For a 2 week old char you've packed a lot in, i don't get why people play private servers as it'll only really hinder your play-style, using abilities no longer in game etc.

Seems a rushed application but not an officer here so Xorm who runs the weekend team will make the decision, but defo if it where me id be wanting to beef up the application abit.

Good Luck

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

May 10, 2015, 03:11:02 pm
Reply #2

Offline Lethys

• Officer

• Lets Alfie this place up.

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 03:11:02 pm »
As a Holy paladin myself, to say healers have no rotation concerns me. You have to surely be balancing your mana with your output and so on. But other than that you haven't shown me that you have any understanding of your class which is what these applications are for.

This application looks a little rush and not the best first impression for me. But we'll see what Xormn does.
Any comments or statements made by Lethys are not representative of Iron Edge as a whole.

May 10, 2015, 03:58:26 pm
Reply #3

safire

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 03:58:26 pm »
After reading your application I haven't got a very good first impression from you.

You don't get my vote I'm afraid. :/

May 11, 2015, 06:39:11 pm
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 06:39:11 pm »
I was waiting for more replies to this. I know nothing about healing paladins... or healing in general. But as desperate as we are to take more awesome people, this application lacks... things.

I do know that you at least have priority over some spells, if not a rotation. Saying there is none, kinda makes me question a lot regarding your play style.

Either way... i will have to decline this application. Good luck!
Ba dun tss!

May 16, 2015, 11:11:31 pm
Reply #5

Offline rödhake

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 11:11:31 pm »
Single Target Heals:

Holy Shock – Generates Holy Power, instant.  Used on CD.
Holy Light – Slow and Cheap.  The Filler.
Flash of Light – Fast and Expensive.  For panic heals on single target.  Good for 5 man dungeons.
Word of Glory/Eternal Flame – Holy Power Finisher.  Cast at 3 Holy Power.  Keep on tanks, EF’s HoT ticks for 50% more on self.
Sacred Shield – Acts as a HoT Shield.  Has 3 Charges.  Keep a charge regenerating at all times.  Keep on tanks.
AoE Heals:

Holy Radiance – Generates Holy Power.  Heals up to 6 in a small radiance from the targeted player.  Very Expensive.
Light of Dawn – Holy Power Finisher for AoE.  Cast at 3 Holy Power.  30 yard range.
Light’s Hammer or Holy Prism – Most powerful healing spells we have, use on CD or as fight requires.
There are two major play styles.  Eternal Flame and Sacred Shield.  As of now they are very close in output and different fights will favor once spec over the other, don’t feel guilty picking the play style you prefer, they are very close to each other.

Rules:

Cast Holy Shock on CD.
Use your finisher at 3 holy power, not less.
Cast Light of Dawn with Sacred Shield talent.  Cast Eternal Flame when using Eternal Flame talent.  Using Word of Glory with Sacred Shield is situational and usually a HPS loss. Using LoD with Eternal Flame is situational and usually a HPS loss.  Keep EF on tanks and self if no other obvious targets.
Sacred Shield has 3 charges, 10 second recharge.  Get 3 out on the raid and then just keep it recharging, okay to pool 2 charges, just don’t let it sit at 3 charges.  Prefer tanks.
Use Holy Prism with boss/enemy as target on CD.  Biggest Heal we have.  If you have Light’s Hammer save for raid wide damage or on CD based on Encounter.
Beacon of Light should on the tank taking damage.  With Beacon of Faith, level 100 talent, 2nd beacon should be on the other tank or whoever is taking frequent damage.  They share a 3 second CD and has a mana cost.  Frequent beacon swaps is a dead play style.
Use Holy Light as filler.  Your heals put shields on players so even if players don’t need a heal they likely can use the shield.  Healing a target that needs more health is always preferred to just putting a mastery shield on someone with your over-heal, but don’t be worried about over-healing unless people are dying.
Use Holy Radiance during heavy raid damage on clumped groups only, use sparingly it is too expensive to cast more than a handful of times.
Use Flash of Light for heavy single target damage, if the target has Beacon of Light/Faith it will be more mana sustainable.
Using Cool Downs:

Avenging Wrath is our major CD.  100% more healing plus 20% more crit and haste.  Have a plan when you need to use it, if you don’t have a plan use on CD.  Not using your CD’s is a common mistake that really affects your HPS.  With Sanctified Wrath you can alternate Holy Shock and Holy Light (and LoD/EF at 3 HP) due to the very short CD on Holy Shock.
Holy Avenger is a talent we can take.  Every Holy Power generator generates 3 Holy Power while active.  For max healing alternate Holy Shock – Finisher – Holy Radiance – Finisher if at ranged or if in melee and low on mana use Crusader strike instead of Holy Radiance.
Quick things to know:

Always have Seal of Insight active
Holy Shock has double your critical strike chance
Holy Paladins gain 5% additional crit from gear
Infusion of light reduces the cast time of Holy Light or Holy Radiance by 1.5sec after a Holy Shock crit.  Basically a Holy Light haste buff, don’t need to manage if you are using Holy Light regularly as your filler.
Enhanced Holy Shock is a level 92-100 perk.  10% chance for your Holy Light or Flash of Light to make your next Holy Shock not trigger a CD.  Just double up on Holy Shock when it procs.
Daybreak is a passive talent that lets your Holy Shock splash 15%/30%(+ 100% Perk) of its healing to up to 6 targets within 10 yards after you cast Holy Radiance.  Since Holy Radiance is rarely used due to its expensive and because Holy Shock is used on CD it is not something that needs to be managed closely.
Healing the Beacon of Light/Faith target returns 40% of the mana spent on the target.  Used for low cost sustained healing, when paired with Beacon of Light Swapping can reduce mana cost.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:41:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 0 Users