Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Tank) - Vaynor

July 24, 2015, 09:20:20 am
Read 5391 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Tank) - Vaynor
« on: July 24, 2015, 09:20:20 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Vaynor
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Vaynor/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hello to Iron Edge community,
My name is Vaynor...ehm sorry George I wanted to say(cough,Blizzard made this game so addictive).I live my myth In Greece,especially in Athens and I am studying Financial Accounting in the University Of Piraeus(It's a town near Athens).My real life at the moment is not of an interesting,as matter of fact is more boring than Justin Bieber's concert...nah i am just kidding.I got a girlfriend(I am sorry i cant show you pictures of her)and my studies at the University at the moment are over,I mean i don't have to attend classes etc.I am a basketball player in a team and I have some trainings every week that are not at the same time with your raiding days.Let's go in game stuff,shall we?

Class/Spec:

My current active Mainspecc is Guardian and my Offspecc is Balance.I love and prefer to play mainly Guardian because I love tanking and I am by far more experienced with it(not that I am aknowledged of my Offspecc),it happens for me to tank all the years I am playing WOW and I am pretty used to it anymore.My item level in Guardian specc is 705-709(I have like 5 trinkets changing among them depending the fight) and my ilvl with Boomkin specc is 693ilvl.

Guardian's druid rotation is pretty simple and awesome(not like Boomie's though)
First of all in order to explain you my rotation I have to tell you why i chose this talent tree.My talent tree is 2-3-3-1-3-2-3.This talent tree is mainly focused Generating life/absorbing damage equal to the damage dealt to the target.I prefer this talent tree rather than using pulverize in last one to have an extra crucial CD(Blisting Fur) while is needed.Also my trinkets as i said above are different and i am changing them depending the fight and my rotation.Rotation now is really easy.You want to start with Mangle(main rage/damage ability) and use it whenever it's available.Using Thrash only to maintain the dot (once) and stacking up Lacerate all time until mangle is up again or thrash dot goes off.When my TAC procs I can use Maul or if i am in a crucial moment i will convert my rage into Life or Into Avoidance(+20% more healing of my 2 set).Now As far as cooldowns are concerned i am using Survival Insticts and depending on the fight and my life at any moment of it i convert my rage either to healing or dodge chance.I can speak all day for my Specc but further more i think i will become boring xD

Alts:

I got one Warrior 100lvl(650ilvl) called Nospher and my monkey Malphador 63level(he is really OP lol)

Professions:

I can fish,cook,be a first aid doctor...moreover i can be a pretty awesome Archaeologist and as far as my main professions are concerned it's Enchanting and Alchemy...not any great recipe though!(All my professions are max level of course)

Raiding Experience:

Oh...what a topic...My raiding experience is starting at the end of Vanilla...near the expansion (TBC) announcing...I will go briefly into it...
TBC:
Karazhan: Cleared
TK: Cleared
SSC: Cleared
Hyjal: Cleared
BT: Cleared
SWP: Cleared up to and including pre-nerf M'uru.

WotLK:
Naxx10/25: Cleared
Uld10/25: Studying time(No raid :D)
ToGC10/25: Cleared on all difficulties except 25HC, achieved Tribute to Insanity 10-man
ICC10/25: Cleared on all difficulties, up and including 11/12 10 man!

Cataclysm:
BH:Cleared (lol)
BWD:Clear Normal
BOT:Clear Normal
TOT4W:Clear Normal
FL:6/7HC
DS:5/8 HC

MoP:I was off from WOW
MSV:I was off from WOW
HOF:I was off from WOW
TOES:I was off from WOW
TOT:Clered full Normal
SoO: Cleared on Normal and up to Galakras on Heroic

WoD:
Highmaul: Cleared 2/7 Mythic
BRF: Cleared 10/10 Heroic and 2/13 Mythic
HFC: Currently at 12/13 Heroic and 13/13 Normal.

Previous Guilds:

I got transferred from another server so nothing of importance...I was in the last 8 months in Ente La Magke De Votanik..it's a Greek guild and we are not raiding anymore so i want to move on..D

Availability:

As i stated in the begin of my application i am available at your raiding times/hours and they fit perfectly to my schedule.If there is an extra raid i can sure attend if we organize it and put it on calendar on time(not like 2 hours before xD)

Communication:

I find this question really annoying when you are interested to join a raiding guild and you are expecting from people to get your application seriously into concern.So it's a big Y E S to everything.

Computer / Connection:

This is my MONSTER DESKOT(/ROAR)
CASE: COSMOS S ( http://www.coolermas...tower/cosmos-s/ )
CPU:Intel Core i5 3570 ( http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B007SZ0E1K )
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H ( http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=4144#ov )
RAM: Corsair Vengeance memory - 8 GB ( http://citisshop.com...product_id=6708 )
GPU: Radeon HD4870 1GB ( http://www.skroutz.g...HD4870-1GB.html )
PSU: Coolermaster N520 ( http://us.coolermast...hyper-n520.html )
DVD-ROM's: 1) LG ( http://www.cnet.com/...e-series/specs/ )
2) SAMSUNG ( http://www.newegg.co...N82E16827151233 )
HDD :Western Digital 1TB ( http://www.ryanscomp...DD-Internal-381 )

I don't have any disconnection problem at all!!!

Addons/UI:

This is the picture of my UI

Addons:
DBM---->Nothing to say xD
Skada---->Damage,Healing,Damage taken,Death(and wathich why people die lol)
Omen---->Threat Show
RSA--->Cooldown Announcement
BigbadBoy--->Spamm chat filter
SpartaUI---->Interface addon combined with Bartender
Titan Panel--->Action bar above my screen
I got more addons like Bartender,Auctionator,Tom-Tom,Gatherer,Spartan UI,Druidfocus(class Skill rotation)like Boomkinator.

Other Games:

Nothing atm....oh...I forgot...I love to play NBA 2K!!!!!

Why Iron Edge?

I am looking at the moment a friendly,good atmosphere providing while raiding guild with nice progress friendly people and generally a good environment.I want to raid max 3 days per week and since i saw you got a progress roster with 2 days per week that's awesome:D..I don't know you guys,searching wowprogress i got redirected here.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

At least from me you should expect a core dedicated focused and mature player knowing his class and his specc.Boosting the team as far as i can,correcting any mistake i can and preventing any unecessary thing coming up on the fight.Moreover than that you can expect a very friendly player with happy mood chatting-speaking and making fun.I love CM dungeons and i LOVE ACHIEVEMENTS!!!Anytime anyplace anywhere i am In for these things!!!!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

As i said i searched through wowprogress.com.

Last Words?

This is the best part of the app because I write that I want (lol).
Well, I threw a lot of work in such application and I have to.(And I've supervised many:P)I am mainly interested for a tank spot switching to OS when fight wants me to!I'm not lootwhore and do not care about the loot.I am failing almost....NEVER!.Always looking forward to read updates and news for my class and the game.Logging to game always before the raid (at least 20 minutes before) having flask/food/potions and everything i need.Anything you need you cant contact me in game or add my b.tag  stavrosvougo#2406...I ll be happy to talk with you on anything you want.I hope you take my application into concideration and hope to hear from you really soon.
Yours sincerely(lol)
Vayn...GEORGE!!!!!
P.S(Sorry for any grammatical or English mistake)

July 24, 2015, 11:26:22 am
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Tank) - Vaynor
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 11:26:22 am »
FIRST!
Anyway, I like your application my friend and i wish you luck with it.
I do have one question. It is unclear from the UI screenshot (which is a very cool looking UI btw) what sort of binds you use or lack there of. So my question is, are you a clicker?

July 24, 2015, 11:59:49 am
Reply #2

Offline Vaynor

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 11:59:49 am »
Hello.First of all thanks for your question.In addition i am not using any crucial Keybindings.The only keybindings i use is for marking in raid on my right side of keyboard using the numeric pad.1=skull 2=cross etc...

I am not a clicker either,moderating my actions bars in that way that i know which skill is under what button and i know where each button is without looking at it.It's like typing like a secretary and watching the screen only.I am in love with my keyboard ;p

July 24, 2015, 12:59:24 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 12:59:24 pm »
Very nice application vaynor,

We have 2 very reliable tanks with very high attendance so ranking may not be a regular deal. Your os is also got 2 regular bonking in as well which means some thinking is needed by the officers, where upto me worth a trial but fitting you in is going to be somewhat tricky to say the least.

Regards

Vejeta

Ps you said you live in Greece and work in finances, surprised the German government haven't arranged your assassination already lol
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 09:16:18 am by Vejeta »
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

July 25, 2015, 11:36:38 pm
Reply #4

Offline rödhake

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 11:36:38 pm »
hes from greece does he have gold ?

July 26, 2015, 02:19:41 pm
Reply #5

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 02:19:41 pm »
Hi Vaynor,

Thanks for applying and I'm definitely granting you a trial based on your experience and application. You will have to be our "third tank" and you'll mostly be DPSing, if that's okay with you.

Let me know what you think.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 26, 2015, 03:50:30 pm
Reply #6

Offline Vaynor

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 03:50:30 pm »
Hello,and thanks for your time reading my application.I am more interested in a tank spot rather than a dps one,so in that way i will pass...Thanks for your time and wiah you good luck!!  :P

July 26, 2015, 06:11:05 pm
Reply #7

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 06:11:05 pm »
It's funny it would be the second Greek guy joining as bear druid. Is incubø also called Georgios?

Hah http://www.iron-edge.co.uk/index.php?topic=6933.0
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:12:51 pm by Gaeios(Graxlos) »

Bears like alts!

July 28, 2015, 07:19:34 pm
Reply #8

Offline incub0

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 07:19:34 pm »
Yo yo! I have been away for a while, but yes! we got the same name and nation ^^

First of all, thanks for applying, seems a quite decent application and u seem to have put some effort in it. I cant say much about bears, cause i am moonking the last 2 expansions..

As gaeios mentioned, I joined as tank/dps and switched to DPS for the sake of the guild's needs. If u want my opinion accept the trial, and make your way to be one of the main tanks ( no offense to Drayne and Shimmar ).

If not as we say in Greek : Γειά Χαρά!

p.s. to rod : We got money and gold, dont worry ^^

July 28, 2015, 10:56:05 pm
Reply #9

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 10:56:05 pm »
Hello,and thanks for your time reading my application.I am more interested in a tank spot rather than a dps one,so in that way i will pass...Thanks for your time and wiah you good luck!!  :P

Sorry incubo

July 29, 2015, 07:37:59 am
Reply #10

Offline incub0

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 07:37:59 am »
Nps mate.. Either way is the same to me ^^

July 29, 2015, 07:41:27 am
Reply #11

Offline Supremacy

• Former Member

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 07:41:27 am »
Not sure why applications like this don't get locked anymore... so ppl can't necro the fuck out of answered apps.

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall"

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:44:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 1 User
kodin