Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Thedemonic

August 27, 2015, 10:37:42 pm
Read 4637 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Thedemonic
« on: August 27, 2015, 10:37:42 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Thedemonic
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Thedemonic/advanced
Class/Spec: Warlock (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hey! I'm Allan and im 20 years old. Currently i study physics in Tartu university, Estonia.

Class/Spec:

Im running Demonology as my mainspec (which has been my main spec since Wotlk). Demonology is a good spec for council type multitarget fights ( hellfire council), burst aoe fights (kormrok or kromog, well the hellfirce citadel one, always mix the name up) to nuke down the hands and its also quite good for single target bosses, fel reaver. I also have destruction offspec, that i often use when raiding (better on many bosses than demo like archimonde, xhul, mannoroth, basicly fights where i can cleave alot with havoc + shadowburn). I dont really care which spec im playing, can play both. I'm optimized for demo/destro 712 ilvl. In the future im planning to reroll from destro to affly (Legion?).

The best stat without a doupt for demo/destro lock is Mastery. It boosts damage for both demonology (demons+ meta) and destro. After that (since i play demo and desto) comes crit, it boosts damage for both soul fire and chaos bolt so its rather useful. After that comes haste (demo needs 20% haste when buffed) and multistrike which are also nice for both specs and the last in the line is versality, its the worst stat for a warlock.

Demonology 6.2:
As a demo lock in 6.2, the playstyle varies alot depending on the fight, hence the lvl 100 talent you are using. When using Demonbolt (i also use grimoire of service here, since it lines up so nicely with legendary ring cooldown + buff), the main idea is to take glyph of dark soul so you can have dark soul mastery up for every demonbolt cycle, Building up 800-1000 demonic fury and then unleash it all on boss with every possible damage boost you can get, trinkets, pots, legendary ring. However, with the new shiny fragment of the dark star trinket i recently got from archimonde, there is a huge issue with demonbolt. You have too much haste and too much fury to use the demonbolt cycle properly, you will have demonbolt debuff off cd too early and wont have dark soul: Mastery up which is quite huge damage loss for demonbolt to fix that you have to switch in metamorphosis and spend some fury inbetween the demonbolt cycles. Demonbolt is still viable however i feel like i get more damage out from other 2 talents on all fights. another very important think to any lvl 100 talent choice is to keep warlock 2 set up (cast soul fires to improve damage of your demons, stacks up to 5, 1 stack gained when soul fire hits boss) Its especially important for demonbolt playstyle, since its easy to drop the debuff after the demonbolt cycle (if you dont refresh it beforehand).

When rolling with cataclysm (kromrok) the idea is to again, have the glyph of dark soul and have every damage buff you can get for when you use cataclysm + 2 chaos waves (i also use grimoire of synergy combined with cataclysm for best aoe dmg). To get single target damage out of this playstyle, you need to swap into metamorphosis now and then and dump your demonic fury with some trinket buffs or other damage buff (you must never get capped on demonic fury as demonology).

For single target and cleave fights i mostly use Demonic servitude + grimoire of service (2 doomguards op) and NO DARK SOUL GLYPH! had to point that out because i wondered for quite a while why my doomguards did less dmg than my friend's, and then it hit me.... 20 sec of dark soul + doomguard vs 10 sec + doomguard lel + with the archimonde trinke you have alot of fury so you can nuke the living hell out of the boss with ur soul fires and long dark soul.

As for openers:
prepot 4 sec before pull -> soul fire ->(pull timer 0) hand of guldan -> corruption -> shadowbolt/soul fire -> hand of guldan (so you get 2 stacks) -> (doomguard but that depends on boss + service: doomguard + dark soul) -> metamorphosis doom -> depending on boss i also use dump all the fury i have by then (2x demonbolt + touch of chaos) until dark soul runs out.
For cataclysm and servitudethe rotation is quite similiar however u just dump the fury on soul fires instead of demonbolt.

Destruction:
The idea is a little bit similiar to demonology, build up embers for chaos bolts and then unleashing it with dark soul and every other possible trinket proc and damage boost you can get (using glyph of dark soul). This differs a little bit from demonology demonbolts however, u wont exacly have cycles, sometimes its better to cast a chaos bolt in between the "cycles".

I mainly use charred remains + grimoire of sacrifice here, however if there is a fight that requires alot of movement i use demonic servitude + grimoire of service. I usually never use cataclysm as destro since i already have quite nice aoe with fire and brimstone: chaos bolt.

As for destro opener:
2 sec pefore pull prepot + incinerate -> on pull conflag -> immo -> incinerate x3-> dark soul and cds -> chaos bolt x2 (x3 x4)

Other talents i use:
lvl 10:
Soul leech - passive shield i get from dealing damage, sustains quite a bit of dmg.

lvl 30:
shadowfury - a instant cast 3 sec stun, other 2 talents from this tree are simply
not useful when raiding (aoe fear and a single target fear + small heal)

lvl 45:
As destro i usually only use sacrificial pact, sacrifice 20% of my hp to gain 400% of the sacrficied hp as shield, really useful for soaking alot of dmg like not needing to stack on pounding on fel reaver, shield absorbs it all. Sometimes i also use this talent as demo, like on council.

As demo the most common talent i use is Soul link, its more useful for both keeping your pet alive and keeping you alive, 20% dmg reduction after all + heals for you and your pet, also demon hp is rather low, 200kish so the shield is not as good as when you play destro.

Dark bargain is a really fun talent, you can use it to cheese out various boss mechanics, however its usually unnessecary and it has a 3 min cd, compared to 300-450k shield you can get every 1 min from sacrifical pact.

lvl 60:

Burning rush - provides you with mobility at the cost of some hp, its the only talent i ever use in raids though from these 3.

Lvl 90:
Archimonde's darkness - demo and destro since its just so good, having 2 stacks of dark soul, it makes it alot easier to line up with trinkets and other damage boosts.

Kil'jaeden's cunning is also useful if the fight requires you to move alot however i have never had the need to use it.

Mannoroth's fury is useful for covering a big area with your aoe, however i have never had the need to use it.

lvl 75 and 100:
Already covered that above.

Glyphs:

Demonology: glyph of dark soul or glyph of healthstone
glyph of eternal resolve - passive 10% all the time instead of a 40% defensive cd
glyph of life tap or siphon life or demonic training.

Destruction: glyph of dark soul or glyph of healthstone
glyph of eternal resolve - passive 10% all the time instead of a 40% defensive cd
glyph of demonic training.

Alts:

Shoshing-kazzak 695 monk tank and lots of other lower level chars (raising a worgen lock for fun in sunstrider alliance and i have lvl 70 monk twink with offhand glaive there as well yey)

Professions:

Alchemy and tailoring.
Alchemy for making money + longer and stronger flasks and tailoring for the cape enchant, used to be a nice cooldown for demonology :P. I have recipes since wotlk, there might be some cool/special recipes there as well hehe.

Raiding Experience:

I have been playing wow since wotlk and started raiding in ToTC. In the beginning i raided ICC with pugs and my finnish friends often invited me to their lich king 25 H attempts, however we never actually managed to down him. (without the hellscream buff) Later i joined a english speaking 10 man guild and we downed icc + lk before cataclysm hit. In cataclysm i had a little break from wow because cataclysm seemed boring to me, and so i downed only some normal BoT and normal FL. In the end of expac i started raiding heroic DS and got everything except spine and madness down. In MoP bladefist (my old server) was pretty much deadfist so after raiding normal MSV and HoF (both curve) i transeferred to kazzak. I didnt play WoW in ToT because of some real life difficulties. In the end of expac i joined a guild called House of Pride and we killed Soo normal and heroic, later mythic as well. In WoD i had to quit house of pride and had some PUG life going on, managed to kill imperator on heroic with a pug and then joined a guild called Osmosis. We downed kargath easily, they also killed twins but i was never there for them. In BRF we cleared normal and heroic quite easily, killed 4 bosses on mythic. After that my guildies decided not to show up and our guild pretty much stopped raiding because of that. So after that  i was puging HFC (13/13 n 6 hc) and trying to find a new guild. Joined Voidhammer, cleared hc and 3 mythic but today our leader announced that hes going to transefer to alliance to raid with a top 300 guild and now thedemonic the guildbreaker (jk lol not even my fault :P) is once again searching for new home to stay in.

Previous Guilds:

House of pride - raided with them end of mop, guild drama
Dung beetle - again something with the guild (raided 2 or 3 weeks in HM with them i think)
Some guild with a name i cant recall - leader server transefered with a random girl he met on the internet to chase his dreams (lol).
Osmosis - was a nice guild however people were slacky and stopped showing up after 3 or 4 weeks of mythic progress so one day they announced that we are just going to stop raiding.
Voidhammer - got here after some hell on earth with random pugs in hfc, a good guild, unfortunate that the leader decided to leave (quite insane amount of guild already for one expac eh?)
Iron edge - ???

Availability:

I am available all year round, however there are 2 times a year that im less available to raid, its the beginning of summer and january-february. I have exam periods then and sometimes i might have to be studying for harder ones.

Communication:

I can understand everything people say in English in TS (Except if ur scottish no offense haha :D). I can also speak in english even tho im not perfect in it (not a native english speaker after all). And yes i am in of possession a working microphone (some people say theres some static tho but my friends havent had their brains explode from speaking with my in skype) and i can use it when needed.

Computer / Connection:

I have a good desktop computer with no fps issues running wow on high-ultra. Also got a laptop with no fps problems as backup. My network is rather stable, there have been a few isp problems but thats rather rare. No i dont lag, i dont disconnect every hour :)

Addons/UI:

Weakauras - for buffs
Skada - for analysis
Deadly boss mods - for boss tactics
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q769/Allan_Ahu/WoWScrnShot_071715_023630_zpsqo3rgcmk.jpg
Metamorphosis C

Other Games:

Oooh the list could go on forever starting from duke nukem 3d atomic edition, diablo 2 and commandos: behind enemy lines but... Diablo 3 path of exile, terraria minecraft, space engineers robocraft, cs, metro, killing floor, killing floor 2,  dota 2 and smite

Why Iron Edge?

I wish to clear mythic raid content before next patch hits, so id like a good raiding environment :). I also want a nice group of people that i can have fun with while raiding and while not raiding.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer a undead slavemaster whos willing to spank some bosses asses!!!

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Shagoroth and Xevrelia

Last Words?

ALL HAIL LOOTCIFER!

August 28, 2015, 12:15:01 am
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Warlock (DPS) - Thedemonic
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 12:15:01 am »
Hi Thedemonic!

Good application, good gear, definitely bonus points for adding a whole album of pictures :P

Not too sold on the UI though. How do you feel about Donald Trump and his plan to build a wall to keep all the Mexicans out?

Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 28, 2015, 12:49:14 am
Reply #2

Offline Alzaroth

• Guild Member

• There is no darkness without light

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 12:49:14 am »
Heya! Kinda fond of the new ui, i have tried stuff like elvui but it seems to take me too long to get used to that hehe, and i kinda like the default ui :P. About the wall... well since its murica its gotta be big enuff so we can see it from space!!! other than that... well i like turtles.

August 28, 2015, 12:50:50 am
Reply #3

Offline Alzaroth

• Guild Member

• There is no darkness without light

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 12:50:50 am »
not fond of new ui.... i meant default :D (dont seem to find edit button)

August 28, 2015, 04:02:18 pm
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 04:02:18 pm »
Yeah I just usually prefer some kind of unit frame addon with a little more information than what default UI gives you. I like to use Shadowed Unit Frames.

I'll get our ranged officer in here, he's a warlock too so be prepared!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 28, 2015, 08:02:46 pm
Reply #5

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 08:02:46 pm »
Now this is truely a sight for sore eyes. Not only has it been ages since I saw a warlock apply to the guild, but one maining as Demo on top of that. Let's just have it said at once that I very much so approve of all of this, your experience and gear is up to par and you seem like you know your stuff, so trialing you is in order here!

Mainly for my own interest I would like for you to give a breakdown of which bosses you play Demo and which you play Destro on, and the specific talents you use as Demo on those bosses. Ever since the tragedy of Ian and his unrivaled hate for some sort of complexity within the warlock class I for one have fallen into the category of feeling that whatever Demo can do Affli/Destro can do better. Do you think Demo will be able to outperform in these circumstances?

This is just something I want to have as a discussion and see what you think, seeing as how Demo is my favourite spec and how I'd love for it to be viable. You are free to poke an officer ingame for an invite  :D and let's see how you do on the meters!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 08:50:45 pm by Mooneclipse »
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

August 28, 2015, 11:34:00 pm
Reply #6

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 11:34:00 pm »
Now this is truely a sight for sore eyes. Not only has it been ages since I saw a warlock apply to the guild, but one maining as Demo on top of that. Let's just have it said at once that I very much so approve of all of this, your experience and gear is up to par and you seem like you know your stuff, so trialing you is in order here!

Mainly for my own interest I would like for you to give a breakdown of which bosses you play Demo and which you play Destro on, and the specific talents you use as Demo on those bosses. Ever since the tragedy of Ian and his unrivaled hate for some sort of complexity within the warlock class I for one have fallen into the category of feeling that whatever Demo can do Affli/Destro can do better. Do you think Demo will be able to outperform in these circumstances?

This is just something I want to have as a discussion and see what you think, seeing as how Demo is my favourite spec and how I'd love for it to be viable. You are free to poke an officer ingame for an invite  :D and let's see how you do on the meters!

Someone better tell saffire moons cheating on her with this warlock, maybe a power couple name is required maybe "thedemooniclipse?

Nice apply but the big question to ask is Natalie Portman with hair in black swan or Natalie Portman with a shaved head in v for vendetta.
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

August 30, 2015, 12:04:42 am
Reply #7

Offline Caaster

• Former Member

• Meeeaow

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 12:04:42 am »
You are free to poke an officer ingame for an invite  :D and let's see how you do on the meters!

Let's see how he does on the tactics first, gawd.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:43:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

86 Guests, 2 Users
Aleynnah, Phoenixflame