Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Síkk

September 01, 2015, 09:17:25 pm
Read 6727 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Síkk
« on: September 01, 2015, 09:17:25 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Síkk
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/S%C3%ADkk/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Trey, 21, UK, Work.

Class/Spec:

Arms and Fury are the way to go.  Fury is the better of the two when it comes to single target, however when you get into 2 target cleave, Arms wins.  My ilvl in each spec is 715 with good trinkets.

My Fury gear can be better itemised to Crit/Mastery.  All I need is the tier shoulders so I can swap for a Mythic (better itemised) chest.

I'm currently sitting here with my stat weights:

Crit > Mastery > Multi > Vers >= Haste

I favour Mastery at the moment for both Fury and Arms as the gain is positive for each spec.

Warriors are known for the skewed damage at 20% which means we are pretty bad until execute phase in general. But Bladestorm AoE is still the best burst AOE damage around.

Arms has been simplified to CS > MS > TC (use instead of WW as it's less rage - though some warriors still use WW)

Fury is still keep enrage up with BT, dump rage and BS procs with WS.  Meat Cleaver for AoE and of course BS.

Happy to go over this in detail if required.

Alts:

None

Professions:

JC and Engineering.  Very little involvement in these except to keep a max level.  I buy everything I need and craft if I can.

Raiding Experience:

Always been on my warrior.  Have attained Cutting Edge achievements for tiers since Firelands HC at highish level in 3 day raiding guilds.

Previous Guilds:

The Magnificent - Guild leader left the game
Aurora - Raiding time
RnG - Too big a roster

Availability:

Available for the times stated for the main raid and they suit my work schedule.

Communication:

Have everything (TS, Vent, RaidCall, Skype etc).  Definitely.

Computer / Connection:

I have a good computer and my internet is Virgin's highest speed.

Addons/UI:

http://i.imgur.com/5ynWpr6.jpg

All the usual - BigWigs, WA are the main ones that help my raid performance.  The rest are prettying up of my interface with ElvUI

Other Games:

None.  Don't have time and want to maintain my hunger for this game and this guild should allow me to do so, at a good level

Why Iron Edge?

See above.

A raiding guild that suits my needs with good prospects.  Hopefully this guild has a social ethic of hard work and minimal downtime in raiding. I love to always be doing something in the game be it trash farming/HCs/Normal's and in general vibing with people on the guild online.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

My goals for this guild as always has been to progress and progress hard.  A lot of changes in my life, most of them being professionally career - wise, have caused me to lose touch with something I love doing which is raid at the cutting edge.  As you can see I have great experience in killing content during current progress up until Siege of Orgrimmar.  The only two bosses I've missed are Imperator/Blackhand.  

I want to finish this tier the same way I used to back in the day.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WoWProgress

Last Words?

Thanks for reading.  

I'm on Kazzak already so available for a quick transfer as and when.  Please let me know if you need anything more.

September 01, 2015, 09:35:07 pm
Reply #1

Offline Síkk

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Síkk
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 09:35:07 pm »
As mentioned before, I'm happy to go on TS, Vent etc to explain anything in a bit more detail.

September 01, 2015, 10:09:32 pm
Reply #2

Offline Caaster

• Former Member

• Meeeaow

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 10:09:32 pm »
 - Yeah. I was about to say the application looks a bit thin, but that's my overall impression and    nothing else.

- You've wrote down the most critical parts when answering, so supposedly it should do just fine.

- Our melee officer is also a warrior, hopefully you'll impress him.

- Good luck with your app.

/Caaster

September 01, 2015, 11:10:34 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - S?kk
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 11:10:34 pm »
Hey,

Only things I can add are with the 15 million melee we have being 2 dps warrs, 3 dks, 3 rogues, 2 rets we are the number 1 role for bench duty due to low amount of ranged, so melee wise in a similar position as rng and why you left them, if your successful in your application be prepared to spread the love with bench duty.

Also I only skimmed but not seen Logs on apply unless I've missed it please can you link them in a reply please.

Good luck

Vejeta
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:12:22 pm by Vejeta »
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

September 02, 2015, 01:17:58 am
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 01:17:58 am »
Hi there!

I didn't expect people coming over from RNG based on the guys that left us to go to them. But you've probably not really been in contact with them because I'm pretty sure none of them play anymore, heheheh.

What Vejeta said is definitely true, but there hasn't really been a whole lot of benching done by people up until now. I'll get our melee officer in here and take a look!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 02, 2015, 02:32:10 am
Reply #5

Offline Lycanus

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 02:32:10 am »
cant seem to find it on your app anywhere so ill just ask here: Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle?
*You guys are taking this way to seriously!*

September 02, 2015, 02:39:22 pm
Reply #6

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 02:39:22 pm »
Hello Síkk,

as others already informed you, there is a surplus of melee at the moment which definitely will lead to people being on standby, especially if we get another one. So first of all, ask yourself if you are comfortable with that. We are trying to rotate raid members regularly during a raid night, but on progress fights the decision is obviously more performance-based. But maybe that's the kind of edge a competitive guy like you needs?

Secondly, could you outline your guild history a little more? Maybe explain what you liked in the guilds you were in and what was a problem to you. Also, you said you obtained Cutting Edge achievements since Firelands, in 3-day raiding guilds. Why did you choose a 2-day raiding guild now? Assuming that Cutting Edge and hard progress is still your goal. If you look at our progress, we did not kill Imperator or Blackhand Mythic either.

September 09, 2015, 09:06:33 pm
Reply #7

Offline Síkk

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 09:06:33 pm »
Surplus melee is something I've heard when applying to many guilds so am confident in my ability to shine through the roster, eventually.  Again, I'm happy to wait my turn and am not very precious about being benched etc.

Guild history

The Magnificent - I was in this guild for about 18 months and enjoyed many kills all at a high level within a good team.  I just ended up getting bored with people around me who after the point of the guild leader leaving, decided to slack and slack a lot which I didn't feel was fair as I'd push myself each week.

Aurora - Here I didn't get a shot as the roster was too big and they didn't have a good system of trialling.  The quality of players though was excellent and the skill level was way up there

RnG - The progress mind was good here and the Raid Leader is a good friend.  I had been out of WoW for a bit and struggled to break through in some of the raids so had to step down a bit.

Auva - Good bunch of people, but 3 days is hard to maintain

As you can see, I'm now applying to a two day raiding guild as this is what my IRL schedule allows me to do.  Secondly, I am no longer the player I used to be so need to skill myself back up to a certain level and the progress I see you going at is more than enough for me in my present IRL situation.

I can no longer offer myself to play three days a week and therefore must take a hit in progress.  I want the feeling of downing progression bosses again and I know Iron Edge can fulfil this.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/F1fzdvAJBC6Hxtmh#fight=4&type=damage-done
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7j2z1Ypy8wD9gdVc#fight=8&type=damage-done (other warrior outgears me by 6 ilvl)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yQmDJpWrdLGgXkMx#fight=24&type=damage-done

September 10, 2015, 09:50:45 am
Reply #8

Offline Caaster

• Former Member

• Meeeaow

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 09:50:45 am »
Aurora - Here I didn't get a shot as the roster was too big and they didn't have a good system of trialling.  The quality of players though was excellent and the skill level was way up there

- I've been in this guild in the past, obviously due to my high skill level. You've gained my interest.

September 10, 2015, 10:12:44 pm
Reply #9

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 10:12:44 pm »
Woah welcome back!

We'll have a decision for you after raid tonight.
Rash - Holy Priest
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 10, 2015, 10:46:13 pm
Reply #10

Offline Síkk

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 10:46:13 pm »
Thanks and apologies for the delay.

September 11, 2015, 12:20:15 am
Reply #11

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 12:20:15 am »
Hey Sikk,

thanks for the answers but I'm afraid I'll have to decline the application. We have too many melee, to the point that up to a whole group of melee just has to be on standby. As much as I'd like to give you a trial, it would not be fair to the others, limiting their time actually raiding even more.

Should you still be interested, keep an eye on our wowprogress page. You never know what we might need in the future!

September 15, 2015, 10:17:53 pm
Reply #12

Offline Síkk

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 10:17:53 pm »
Can you take me in as a social then for now?

September 15, 2015, 10:24:15 pm
Reply #13

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 10:24:15 pm »
Absolutely!

Poke me or an officer for an invite. Welcome :)
Rash - Holy Priest
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:56:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

51 Guests, 2 Users
Xormn, Culi