Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Rosén

November 08, 2015, 11:10:58 am
Read 6009 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Rosén
« on: November 08, 2015, 11:10:58 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Rosén
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Ros%C3%A9n/advanced
Class/Spec: Hunter (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hello, my name is Alex. I´m 26 years old and live in Stockholm, Sweden. I work as IT manager on a gascompan and have been working there since 2 years back. During my free time im usally out on weekends and just spending time with friends and family. Like any other i suppose. I also follow United in PL and a great fan of swedish football as well. AIK is the team.

Class/Spec:

As it right now im playing MM like any other hunter atm. During the years my favorite have always been SV. But i actually feel comfortable to play any of the specs hunters have. Ive played them all during the years. I follow up of course which one of them that can make out the most dmg. Depending on the type of the fight. For example during BRF, BM on a fight like "the trian boss"(add fight) aka operator was the default choise But on gruul and ore (st fight) you could go for BM or SV in the beginning.
My ms is MM and my os is SV/BM. I have 723 on both of them. With SV its more fitting since the stats prio are more or less the same then BM.  

Ive been playing hunter for atleast 4 years now. The primary stats for hunters have been diffrent between all three specs this exp. While BM has gone for mastery and haste. MM has gone for crit(53%) and then ms (since more or less everything is instant). SV has a primary of ms then vt. The ratings of this i gathered in MM ofc goes ish like this:

WD: 2.5
Agi:1.0
AP :0.9
Crit:0.7
Ms:0.63

This is the mainly stats for ST and Aoe. If you look down longer on the stats. The statweight depends on which type of fight you are fighting. Aoe vs ST.

The rotation i use goes like this in prio system.

1.0: Place the explosive trap :)
1.1: prepot
2: CS
3: KS, if the target is below 35%
4: AMS if the target is above 80% or RF is on
5 either AMS or SS to either gain or dump focus
6 Barrage (which ofc depending on the fight is GT)

I havent put up any cd rotation since depending on the fight is used in diffrent moments then a set moment. But ofc, i usally use them after the CS. I also try if the time is given to use the explosive trap when i have like one second over.
I also tend to time Tothproc with some focus stacking just before i use a CS.
So if the RF procs its a boost in the dps with 3 crits of AMS.  

Alts:

No, not really. I have a mage, feeint, but its just a farm alt which i make gold on. I would like to have a active alt but i havent really found the time this year. I suppose if you would have a alt run on a random day i would get the needed ilvl for it ofc and join in.

Professions:

I use enchanting and engineering.

I have enchanting mostly to enchant my own things. Makes it much easier and i also make some gold on it. Its also really nice to just disenchant all the crap you end up gathering from time to time.

Engineering is mostly for the weapon enchant and the "funny" things you can make for yourself. But other then that its not a way to earn some gold in.

I wouldnt say i have any cool nor special recipies. I know i farmed jeeves for far too long before i realized how to gather the recipie the right way :)

Raiding Experience:

I started of on my rogue six years ago. I played it for 2 years and had:

ICC 11/12 HC
BD: 5/6 HC
BoT: 2/4 HC
FL: 7/8 HC

After this i got tired of standing in the ass of the boss and switched to my hunter:

DS 8/8 HC (20%ish of the nerf)
Then i took a breake to:
SoO: 14/14 HC before launch of WoD.

HM: 2/7 Mythic
BRF 7/10 Mythic
HFC 5/13 Mythic

I would say the during the years ive been around ive been a ahead of the casual players. I like to improve that a bit. Ive always been DPS sadly but at the same time it gives me the biggest competition. Which is the prime thing i like. I have really no problem plating something else. But i havent been playing other roles on that kind of level. The biggest achivment for me has been DS 8/8 hc. That was a special moment for me.

Previous Guilds:

Well i could go all way back when i was on nordrassil, but ill take them on Kazzak.
I can say that the reason has all been the same on all servers. Eventually we have ended up with to few people. If you want more details just poke me.

So, on kazzak i started of in purged. where i was for 1.5 years almost. Know almost everyone in that guild sadly they arent raiding anymore. We eventually disbanded the raidgroup and everyone just more or less left for some more adventures.

I later went to cupcake club which i am in now. Two weeks ago they annouced that they will stop raiding. I know the guildmaster well, naft. If you have any kinds of questions.

Availability:

When i look on the schedule i have atm, im available every single night. Unless something not planned happens. Which im always makeing sure of that someone knows about the reasons and so on. This is one thing that is very imprtant for me and i also hope you have as well. With the background of previous guilds.

Communication:

I would say that i can be understood and understand english without any problems.
Ive been radileading for a time of two years in the past. So sometimes that nerve kicks in and ill just make some simple attention terms like "watch out for the fire"
But i ofc leave that to the officers or thoose who are on the duty of calling.
So yes to all the points.

Computer / Connection:

I bought my computer 2 years ago. I have 22MS in both home and world. 102 fps with ultra graphic on. So i think im fine. They say never say never, but i more or less never disconnects. This is the things i work with everyday :)

Addons/UI:

Ill gather the ones i use for raiding:

DBM
WA
JSHB
Grid with SUF

And here as promised:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPA2t9OslHwoxjp9PtDZcrHDlRR-9R0jDgXPXwR

The keybinds itself is very simple. I have two diffrent types of cd macros. One (f2) is mainly for the fights where i dont start with stampede. F3 is with it.
Other then that you can see yourself i use the normal output. Since it isnt that much of abillties to use as it was before.

Please add any questions about it if you have any.

Other Games:

Well when i find time for it. I play D3, dota2, SC2 and some Heroes of might and magic 3 :)

All this in a very big mixed depending on time and so on. But i see them more as hobby games and focusing most on raids in wow.

Why Iron Edge?

To start of ive mostly seen to the situation i have with work, freetime and so on. You guys raid 2 days as it is right now. That fits me perfectly to also be able to maintain a normal life. Ofc i can stretch that a bit as well but i like the idea of two days. Your rading times fits me perfectly as well. Which makes me able to join for every night if that would be the case. Last but not least the progress you guys have for two days are really good. Shows that the focus and professionalism is really high. Which is ofc one of the things i search for.
These three things is why i would like to join you.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

As a player who have played for a long time i can bring first of all common sence.
With that i mean i dont qq when we progress. I bring my on consumables to the raid (best available). I have my coins before the raid starts ;). I bring awerness which is more and more less seen. With that i mean simple things like to avoid dmg taken as much as it can. I can bring some good numbers without risking the raid nor me in the process.
High attendence and a joke every now and then.
Dutyjobs like kiting and so on. A hunters job almost always.
Generall knowledge of the fights we are doing. Checking on fatboss and similar guides in order to be prepared for the fights. Simple things.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Ive seen and followed you on wowporgress. Perhaps seen you in trade spamming but not what i recollect.

Last Words?

So the final words. I know very well that my progress lack behind yours. I´m a quick learner tho, if you would give me the chance. Ive sen im only behind 4 ilvls compared to the other two hunters which was on your last kill on Xhul'horac. So gear wise its not that bad i guess. I would really like to have the chance to prove my worth. I understand as well if you guys think that the diffrence in kills is too much. I hope you have gotten all the answers you seek. If you have any further or private questions you can reach me on fockeraised#2472.

Cheers guys and girls

Rosén

November 08, 2015, 11:23:12 am
Reply #1

Nephanis

Re: Raider Application - Hunter (DPS) - Rosén
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 11:23:12 am »
Overall like the apply. I see you're using DBM instead of BigWigs *Sadface*. But hey.. Well geared, pretty good progress history... SWEDISH!

Also can't get enough hunters really.

...Btw your UI screenshot is only giving me a Error 404.

November 08, 2015, 11:34:08 am
Reply #2

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 11:34:08 am »
Hey Rosen,

As Nephanix stated already, not upto our progress on mythic but not that far behind some of our recent applications, overall i see you've only left guilds due to stopping raiding ofc.

It would be great if we can get some logs to see what numbers you push out, and we are rather lacking on the ranged side of dps so if we get some more numbers in that department as far as im concerned its a win win situation.

I have no clue bout hunters so ill leave that to the ranged officer and our 2 resident huntards to come back to you with any questions, good luck however.

Regards

Vejeta

P.S, you probs have seen me spamming in trade our guild advert :)
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

November 08, 2015, 11:54:18 am
Reply #3

Offline Rosén

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 11:54:18 am »
Thanks for the quick response. Ill do the same with a new pic:

http://i.imgur.com/oQgqTr8.jpg

and also some logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/4101

I suppose you need to go like a month back or so.

Rosén

November 08, 2015, 04:38:04 pm
Reply #4

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 04:38:04 pm »
Hi there!

I'm not gonna let these bigwig hipsters pretend to represent IE's opinion as a whole, DBM is perfectly fine.

Very nice application, good gear, good experience. I'll poke our ranged officer and let him give the final verdict, but I'm pretty sure this is a done deal!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 08, 2015, 05:04:23 pm
Reply #5

Atlanteans

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 05:04:23 pm »
Hey der Alex, I like your application  :P was just having a quick look at your UI and spotted something I'd like to ask about, if you don't mind. I'm not an officer or anything though, so keep in mind I'm just being curious.

I noticed, from what's visible on your screenshot, that you have deterrence bound to 9? Do you ever have difficulty reaching that in oh-shit moments? I think my hand would totally spasm if I tried to reach that far over my keyboard, the furthest bind I have is R haha :L. If you're finding yourself running out of binds you could try using modifiers, I've found shift to be the easiest to get used to. Also, if you were to unbind backpeddle it would open up S for binds which I've found to be really useful too!

November 08, 2015, 05:24:17 pm
Reply #6

Nephanis

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 05:24:17 pm »

I noticed, from what's visible on your screenshot, that you have deterrence bound to 9? Do you ever have difficulty reaching that in oh-shit moments? I think my hand would totally spasm if I tried to reach that far over my keyboard

when i see keybinds like this i instantly think "razor naga". which is what im guessing hes using, and if so, 9 is not that crazy of a bind!

November 08, 2015, 05:46:39 pm
Reply #7

Offline Rosén

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 05:46:39 pm »
Hey!

I dont mind at all atlanteans,

I have, as stated, a binding on it for sure. I use a "wow" mouse actually. So in "oh-shit" moments i have close to it ofc. If you also see the other deterrence icon its a macro i made:

/cast deterrence
/cast camouflage

Which also make me reg a bit ;) and as a extra statement i have a cancelaura for it in order to start dpsing again asap :).

I hope my answer was filled the question atlanteans :)

cheers,

Rosén

November 08, 2015, 05:49:20 pm
Reply #8

Atlanteans

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 05:49:20 pm »
ah fair enough, I use a wow mouse too actually :P

November 09, 2015, 04:23:30 pm
Reply #9

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 04:23:30 pm »
Hiyo!
Sorry for the late reply, I've been a bit preoccupied as of late. Most of what I have to say has already been mentioned here before by others, your application looks good and so does your previous raiding experience. I'd want to be able to see what you can bring to the table in our raids!

So poke me or an officer ingame for an invite  :D
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

November 09, 2015, 05:13:03 pm
Reply #10

Nephanis

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 05:13:03 pm »
Välkommen, Rosén!

November 09, 2015, 06:11:24 pm
Reply #11

Offline Rosén

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 06:11:24 pm »
Thanks! Yeah me too :)
Ill poke you as soon as im home again (tomorrow)

Bug och bock för det :)

cya all soon!

November 11, 2015, 12:14:01 am
Reply #12

Offline Sathanka

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 12:14:01 am »
Vi är överallt!

Welcome  :D

November 11, 2015, 12:22:36 am
Reply #13

safire

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 12:22:36 am »
Välkommen :D

November 11, 2015, 07:16:22 am
Reply #14

Offline RomeoMustDie

• Guild Member

• No Pain, No Gain .. !

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 07:16:22 am »
Hoşgeldin Rosen xD

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:54:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

44 Guests, 0 Users