Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer/Tank) - Roffejow (XR)

January 20, 2016, 08:25:46 am
Read 5947 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer/Tank) - Roffejow (XR)
« on: January 20, 2016, 08:25:46 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Roffejow
Server: Defias-Brotherhood
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Defias-Brotherhood/Roffejow/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS/Healer/Tank)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Fredrik, I'm 30 years old, almost 31... I live in Stockholm, Sweden and I work full time in IT as a manger/developer.

Class/Spec:

I've been playing moonkin throughout Warlords of Draenor, but I prefer healing or tanking especially with how clunky moonkin has felt this entire expansion, timing movement to global cooldowns to not lose out on dps.

I prefer tanking or healing, as I consider myself better at it.

I currently have 738 item level as moonkin and 734 as restoration.

As a moonkin you go for item level above anything, unless one of the stats is versatility.

As for rotation, refresh moonfire every 2 lunar peaks and sunfire every solar peak. I always try to use a starsurge procc leaving lunar (to give it time to recharge while in solar, plus having no mastery benefit at low lunar affects starfire more than starsurge that always gets full mastery benefit). Besides that, I never use a starsurge procc in solar, unless I'm at 3 proccs.

Alts:

Hunter 728 item level.
Monk 718 item level.

Professions:

Leatherworking and enchanting, no particular reason for having them except they provide me with the possibility to craft useful stuff for my class.

Raiding Experience:

Vanilla:
Cleared all while it was current content.

TBC:
Cleared all while it was current content and M'uru pre-nerf.

Wrath:
Cleared naxx and 3 drakes, but didn't enjoy redoing Naxxramas again since I had already ran it for such a long time in TBC. Took a longer break from wow since the PvP was rather terrible as a restoration druid in s5 (dk + protpaladin in 2s, dispelling all hots and being outhealed by protection spec).

Cataclysm:
Came back in Cataclysm but mainly played PvP until Dragon Soul, which was cleared up to Spine, where I was forced to re-roll to restoration shaman.

Mists of Pandaria:
Tried starting up a 2-day raiding guild, we cleared normal MSV and HoF, but it was impossible to carry 2-3 players in 10 mans so the better players got tired of carrying the others and the guild fell apart after that.

Previous Guilds:

Vanilla:
Perfection (disbanded after all was cleared)

TBC + Wrath:
Lotto, left the guild when I quit the game.

Cataclysm:
Can't remember the name.

Mists of Pandaria:
Tried starting up my own guild as mentioned above, with some friends who all used to raid at a decent level earlier. Fell apart when some members weren't up to par.

Warlords of Draenor:
Burning Dawn, been raiding with them since late BRF. The guild master recently stepped down from raiding and the current roster is having issues with understanding the basic mechanics on Mannoroth mythic.

Availability:

Holidays I'll spend with my family, mainly christmas which is an important holiday for my girlfriend and since we recently had a kid that will take priority over raiding on holidays. Other than that I have nothing that interferes.

Communication:

I studied in the states for four years, so I would certainly hope my english is proficient. I have TS3 and can both listen and speak, however it should be noted I prefer Mumble for different reasons :)

Computer / Connection:

Yes, I usually run at 120-144 fps and I often times stream while raiding.

I've got a stable 100/100mbit fiber connection, I do not have lag and I do not disconnect every hour.

Addons/UI:

ElvUI, since I can't be bothered setting everything up ElvUI gives me a good basic starter kit that I can customize.

shows both my UI and my play style.

Other Games:

Used to play a lot of Dota2, but haven't played anything but WoW for a while now.

Why Iron Edge?

I'm looking for a high performing, stable and progress oriented raiding guild on a two day schedule.

I love the game, but I also love my family which is why a two day schedule fits me perfectly.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am a player who understands mechanics off the bat, I don't need 100+ wipes to get it right. I can look at a video, read the strats and then I'll understand how to deal with things. I have an incredibly short learning curve which sets me apart from other players.

I'm also above 30, which brings a certain level of maturity and stability younger players often times struggle with.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress.

Last Words?

My logs can be found here:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/6993/

I tend to prioritize doing stuff right rather than "whoring" dps meters, and as I mentioned before I consider myself a way better healer or tank than I do a dps.

January 20, 2016, 02:13:24 pm
Reply #1

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Healer/Tank) - Roffejow (XR)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 02:13:24 pm »
Hi Fredrik/Roffejow,

Another strong application to our main raid.  Most welcome.  I was impressed by the video of your playstyle, switching to adds, positioning correctly, using movement speed increases appropriately, casting roots and slows on the adds while in Gorefiend's stomach.  I'll have a look over your logs more closely later but all the initial signs are good.

One of our ret Paladins recently had a baby too, Inhope there will be plenty of my baby is better than your baby chat.

May I ask why you prefer mumble over TS?

Are you a friend of Frostek? Can you spill any dirt on him?

Tutan

January 20, 2016, 02:14:58 pm
Reply #2

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 02:14:58 pm »
So no mention of frostek being in the same guild as you aye! I noticed you on his logs sitting pretty solid so looks good.

Ps my baby is better than yours lol.

I like the apply let's see what those lazy officers think of it though... Really should invest in a cattle prod....

Good luck
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

January 20, 2016, 06:02:57 pm
Reply #3

Offline RomeoMustDie

• Guild Member

• No Pain, No Gain .. !

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 06:02:57 pm »
Hello Fredrik,

Thanks for the nice apply. i kinda like ur apply but cant see the detail of gears bec of ur on resto talent/items atm. but ur gear and experince is enough for our progress i suppose.

we have a bit moar pure dps's like hunters and mages atm. can u stand on bench sometimes when our officers needs to rotation on bosses.

the most important question is, can u play resto when the raid needs ?

thanks bro

January 20, 2016, 10:12:28 pm
Reply #4

Offline Vivi

• Guild Member

• Burn for a burn!

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 10:12:28 pm »
He has just spoke to me and said he applied here not knowing I was here also! Small world? ? ?

He a strong player both in dps and resto specs.

Nice chap, active and reliable (giggedy)

Good luck mate.

January 22, 2016, 04:39:49 pm
Reply #5

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 04:39:49 pm »
Hiyo!

So, the situation of the IE roster at the moment is that we are pretty packed on all fronts, both in terms of healers, dps and tanks, and it's starting to get to the point where taking in more dps will keep us putting quite some people regularly on standby whilst trying to maintain regular swaps.

Honestly, I really like your application, and the fact that we could even get to see a video of your UI and your playstyle in action was really quite nice. But I am not sure that Iron Edge stands in a position to take you on as a raider at the very moment. If we were to do so, there could potentially be a lot of time on the bench, which I know for a fact that no one enjoys.

There could be alternatives to you joining as a raider though, seeing as how we are getting quite close to killing Archimonde and we are planning on continuing to farm him after we've killed him. It's really not a whole lot to offer, but having you in a position as a social and taking you on as a raider for later times could be an oppertunity. We do want to maintain quite a diverse roster heading for the end of this expansion and going into Legion.

"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

January 22, 2016, 06:03:24 pm
Reply #6

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 06:03:24 pm »
Hiyo!

So, the situation of the IE roster at the moment is that we are pretty packed on all fronts, both in terms of healers, dps and tanks, and it's starting to get to the point where taking in more dps will keep us putting quite some people regularly on standby whilst trying to maintain regular swaps.

Honestly, I really like your application, and the fact that we could even get to see a video of your UI and your playstyle in action was really quite nice. But I am not sure that Iron Edge stands in a position to take you on as a raider at the very moment. If we were to do so, there could potentially be a lot of time on the bench, which I know for a fact that no one enjoys.

There could be alternatives to you joining as a raider though, seeing as how we are getting quite close to killing Archimonde and we are planning on continuing to farm him after we've killed him. It's really not a whole lot to offer, but having you in a position as a social and taking you on as a raider for later times could be an oppertunity. We do want to maintain quite a diverse roster heading for the end of this expansion and going into Legion.

Out of the two boomkins i like this apply more, be a shame to not get him in maybe we can sacrifice a hunter or 3, like moon said im half expecting to lose a few dps from the roster, i cant believe the iron edge roster rotating door sign says sorry were closed XD

Anywho if it counts for anything good luck :)
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

January 23, 2016, 07:43:36 pm
Reply #7

Offline Lycanus

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 07:43:36 pm »
+vote
*You guys are taking this way to seriously!*

January 24, 2016, 10:06:35 pm
Reply #8

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 10:06:35 pm »
Nice chap, active and reliable (giggedy)

g-giggedy?

You have my vote, let's see if our officer agrees!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

January 25, 2016, 07:32:06 pm
Reply #9

Offline Valkyrie

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 07:32:06 pm »
It's a shame. I like the application too, but I can't really justify bringing in a new healer at this point in the progression, with the number of healers we have on the roster now.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:55:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

28 Guests, 1 User
Sturm