Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - humptÿ

March 28, 2016, 10:31:28 pm
Read 4254 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - humptÿ
« on: March 28, 2016, 10:31:28 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: humptÿ
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/humpt%C3%BF/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (Healer)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hi, i'm tom, i'm 27 years old and i live in England. I work for the NHS on a part-time basis.

Class/Spec:

My main spec is Holy and honestly, it's the only spec i'm interested in. Ret doesn't do much for me and i've never had the pleasure of tanking a raid.

As things stand my Holy ilvl is 733. My OS ilvl's, depending on spec are around 720 - 725~.

Gearing's basically centered around items with int/crit/spirit. Spirit for mana sustain; mostly taken care of by Phylactery but a little extra on off pieces does help. We look for crit when available because it allows for more Infusion of Light (IoL) procs which basically empower our spells in one way or another- Haste (Holy Light) / Throughput (Flash of Light). Gemming & Enchanting follow suit.

Play-style revolves around Holy Shock spam essentially. Typically want to Holy Shock on CD as it generate Holy Power & also has a chance to proc IoL. Holy Power is dumped into Eternal Flame (Talent choice). IoL procs combined with our Class Trinket procs synergize nicely and let us top people with Flash of Light.

Besides keeping Holy Shock on CD there's not really a rotation to speak of. Use the appropriate heals/CD's for the appropriate situations.

Alts:

I have a few alts with varying degrees of gear, for now suppose i only list those with the legendary ring.

Resto Shaman - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Jemmalol/advanced
Resto/Balance Druid - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Knees%C3%B3cks/advanced
Disc Priest - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Flashg%C3%B3rdon/advanced

I'm pretty flexible with regard to what i play, if you think one of these alts is more appropriate you can simply enquire.

Professions:

Typically take engineering, it has its merits. Think on Brackenspore mythic, when on my Hunter i was using the disengage / parachute macro to cover more ground and gather more stacks. Obviously this doesn't apply to my Paladin but the principle's the same. If a prof is useful in a raid environment then i'll certainly be using it.

Raiding Experience:

The tl:dr version is:

BWD - 5/6 hc
BoT - 3/5 hc
TotFW - 1/2 hc
FL - 6/7 hc
DS - 8/8 hc
MSV - 6/6 hc
HoF - 6/6 hc
ToES - 3/4 hc
SoO - 13/13 hc (pre nerf Garri' kill)
HM - 3/6 mythic
BRF - hc clear + 1 mythic
HFC - 9/13 mythic

All achieved while current.

Pretty much mained my Paladin since Cata. It's when i first started raiding in a guild called Unqualified; albeit very casually. I stayed here til early DS; by this point i was wanting to push myself in terns of progression and guild rankings & so i joined a guild called Pescorus (250 world ~) who had a couple of realm firsts and pre nerf spine kills etc. Was on to a pretty good thing but DS farm was too much and people quit with intentions of returning for MoP.

MoP arrives but sadly not many players returned and unfortunately they were some of the more influential & skilled players. The 200 world ranking we set for our self suddenly seemed laughable.

We struggled on with a crippled roster and lack of leadership/organisation and we ultimately disbanded.

I briefly joined a guild called Wiping as Intended who were a relatively high flying guild on Draenor in hopes of finishing off progression but decided before the end of my first week that i'd simply had enough, disenchanted with WoW and so i quit.

Came back a month or two into SoO. Decided i would play casual and that's how it went, managed to clear up to Garri' HC on a Mistweaver in a casual raiding guild called Squishy who i'd met serendipitously in a pug raid.

Got a whisper from an old friend in Pescorus (GM) wondering if i was interested in joining a new guild with goals of pushing serious ranks. I decided i would and so i joined Grim Harvest where i finished up SoO progression on my Paladin.
Unfortunately time constraints would not allow me to maintain decent attendance and so i left pretty disheartened a couple of weeks before WoD hit.

Since then i've been pretty casual. Recently got back into the swing of things, hoping to finish off HFC Mythic and prepare for Legion.

Previous Guilds:

Unq - Better progression
Pesc - Disbanded
GH - Time Constraints (currently sat 55th in the world - there's simply no way i could/want to raid 6 days per week).

Availability:

I have a very free schedule, i work part time and those days don't conflict with your raid times.

Communication:

Yep. I'm quite reserved and will never be the life and soul of TS but i can speak as and when required.

Computer / Connection:

My system/connection's perfectly stable

Addons/UI:

DBM - helps me track encounter abilities, to prepare and thus more easily react. It also tells me when i'm standing in the naughty stuff.

Skada - gives me info on specific criteria. An example would be number of dispels.

WeakAuras - i use it to track cd downtime/uptime/ring etc.

AngryAssignment - simply allows for easy cool down/rotation management

ExorsusRaidTools - useful for bosses like Kormrok for organized soaking.

My ui's pretty basic. Don't really use many macro's except for focus interrupt and denounce assist.

http://imgur.com/N1RGC2P - think this is from my first Zakuun kill from an Openraid event.

Other Games:

For the most part only LoL, occasionally FM or something else random but WoW > LoL > ~

Why Iron Edge?

We're looking for a competitive 2 day per week guild. We, in an ideal world, want to kill end game content pre-nerf whilst keeping a light raid schedule.

Despite being somewhat reserved, i'm also looking for a friendly and sociable environment to spend my days.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Foremost, i hope i'm a decent person and someone who can set a good example in your guild.

From me you can expect a reliable, quietly confident person who has decent progressive raiding experience.

I know what it takes to raid at a good standard and to tight tolerances and i believe i could assist you in this area.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I found you lot on WoWProgress

Last Words?

I'm part of a duo, i'll be applying with a friend of mine called varí. We've raided together, on/off, since Cata and we've got similar raid experiences; he probably tops me in that regard, since he raided back in the early days too.

You'll by now have noticed that i have only 9/13 mythic and my friend 13/13 hc. I'd just like to say that we're not looking for a free boost or an easy ride. As far as we're concerned, Legion is our goal, we want to be established in a guild for Legion so that we may progress in a settled environment with people we know and like.

http://imgur.com/a/IEXmK Some parses from yesteryear. Admittedly they don't prove or show a lot except that i am capable of competing at a decent level when in a serious raiding environment.

Don't think you've asked for logs so trust you can find your way via warcraftlogs, i don't log myself but there should be some up for my Paladin from Openraid; to be taken with a pinch of salt given the laid-back approach to the OR event.

Thanks for reading, Tom#2982 is my battle tag if you wish to catch me in game.

March 28, 2016, 11:02:46 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (Healer) - humptÿ
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 11:02:46 pm »
Hi there, very good application!

Would be great if you could log off in your healing gear so we could see it, though :P

Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

March 28, 2016, 11:28:32 pm
Reply #2

Offline humpty

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 11:28:32 pm »
Hi, thanks for swift response! I am now logged out in Holy gear, cheers

March 29, 2016, 08:22:07 pm
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 08:22:07 pm »
Looks pretty good to me!

We're already done with all the content and we're just killing Archimonde casually on a weekly basis, so we don't really raid as much anymore. But if you're looking for a raid group aiming more towards Legion, you're welcome to join :)
Rash - Holy Priest
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

March 29, 2016, 09:03:52 pm
Reply #4

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 09:03:52 pm »
Hi Humpty/Tom,

May I ask why you have your player unit frame in the top right hand corner of your screen?  Where does your target unit frame appear?  Does shifting your gaze from the centre of the screen to the corner not affect your play?

PS watch out for Bendiee

March 29, 2016, 09:55:48 pm
Reply #5

Offline humpty

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 09:55:48 pm »
Hi, the frames are in the top left simply because that's the default position. I got used to them being there and looking up there is rather habitual now.

I've toyed with changing my ui a little but i just feel more comfortable as it is. Don't think it particularly hinders me especially since i have 20 raid frames more central.

We are indeed prioritizing Legion but i do wonder, where does that leave us with regard to raiding. Would we be included in these casual raids or would we fend for ourselves til Legion arrives. Either option is fine, just don't want to be forgotten about should the latter of the two be preferred.

"PS watch out for Bendiee"

Duly noted :)

March 29, 2016, 11:01:09 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 11:01:09 pm »
We'll probably bring you in if you guys can pull your weight on Archimonde. Paladins and mages are usually good additions, so you shouldn't have to sit out all the time.

I just don't know how much longer we're gonna keep farming Archimonde tbh, probably should have a talk about it during the raid on Thursday.

Edit: As a healer having your personal frames in the top corner is less of a concern, since as he mentioned, he has raid frames. That being said, I consider it universally better to just have it somewhere in the middle these days. But there's no such thing as a bad UI, just a bad player!
Rash - Holy Priest
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:53:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

50 Guests, 0 Users