Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Priest (Healer) - Ravêna

March 31, 2016, 11:37:49 am
Read 4985 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Priest (Healer) - Ravêna
« on: March 31, 2016, 11:37:49 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Ravêna
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Rav%C3%AAna/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (Healer)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Angel, 28, Spain, Student

Class/Spec:

Holy as main with 735 equipped (BRF 2 Pieces HFC 2 Pieces combo)
Disc as offspec with 739 equiped

I preffer to play Holy way more than Disc and i can do much better as holy tho (and untill legion) i do know they are underpowered compared to other raid healers, but its nothing that cannot be compensated with effort, and so far i have been able to achieve it.

As a Holy priest is pretty simple as wich stats are best, you go for spirit untill 2,1 ks ~ or 1,7 ks ~ if you have the Phylactery, after that stack all the multistrike  you canbut  you have to get around 25% ~ haste too.
Talents... Surge of Light with Halo is a really good combo on this Tier (better than with Divine Star, and Cascade is just broken atm for healing purposes) and Words of Mending is the way to go if your Holy.
As for Glyphs they are kinda mandatory to be honest, glyph of renew, deep wells and Circle of healing.
Theres not really a rotation if your a healer but the things that you MUST keep track of are... PoM on cd (pref on the tanks) and CoH on cd (just holding it if theres no damage at all and some will come soon) if your not doing that your spamming Renews all the time that allso trigger Surge of Light wich makes your Flash Heal free, if you get one of these you want to use it to build up Serendipity in order to have two charges and be able to cast a Prayer of Healing or Heal 40% faster and for 40% less mana, obviously you need to have your Lightwell out and mostly save Halo for heavy dmg incomes, on a more intense part of the fight you can spam Flash Heals to trigger Circle of Light, that consumes a lot of mana but it can provide a good healing boost.

Alts:

All my alts are Alliance at this moment, i have a Druid 721 ilvl allso healer.

Professions:

Inscription and Tailoring i have been having this professions for a long time now, allmost all tailoring recipes and inscriptions recipes

Raiding Experience:

Been Raiding since WoW Classic, cleared all the content on thier time except for TBC at the end on where i took a break and mid Mist of Pandaria on where i allso took a break, (came to kill garrosh tho)

on this Expansion... HM 7/7 Mythic on their time , BRF 9/10 Mythic (killed Black Hand a week after its time or so) HFC 12/13 Mythic with experience on Archimonde till last phase

I have allso being the one in charge of Healing strat since Highmaul and doing the callings when needed.

Previous Guilds:

Been raiding allways as alliance, and i recently change to horde because my guild stopped raiding

Availability:

Im allmost allways available except for holidays such as Christmast or some part of Summer on where im not usually at home, im at the university atm and my classes are  in the morning so theres no problem with the raid times

Communication:

Yes.

Computer / Connection:

I do have a decent computer (decent enought to play wow at least :P) and my connection is fine, i actually cant remember any recent or past dc

Addons/UI:

http://i.imgur.com/6FA1zwl.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/Iw7Zd7n.jpg?1

i took those ss before faction change, tho nothing has changed on my ui

as for addons i use:
Skada
WA
Exorxus
AA
Bartender
Pitbull
Grid
Decursive
Quartz

Other Games:

HoTS HS and OW

Why Iron Edge?

I have putted a lot of effort on my previous alliance guild to be able to kill Archimonde, whe had some severe problems, people leaving and the ones getting it just didnt make the cut, so at this moment im looking for a guild with who i will be able to achieve that and prepare for Legion

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I think i have a lot of healing experience and i am allways trying to improve as a healer

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Here are my logs on both servers

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/982935/latest/#boss=0&metric=hps

and this ones are the recent ones

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13430486/8/#metric=hps&boss=0

March 31, 2016, 02:55:17 pm
Reply #1

Offline Valkyrie

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Priest (Healer) - Ravêna
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 02:55:17 pm »
but its nothing that cannot be compensated with effort

If only that were true.

Looks pretty impressive for holy though. Otherwise, I'd argue that upgraded t18 probably caught up to the value of 2p t17, unless you know something I don't.

March 31, 2016, 05:58:32 pm
Reply #2

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 05:58:32 pm »
Hello,

Like ther other 2 recent applicants would you please repost a screenshot of your UI while in combat.

Like the other 2 applicants what do you make of having your player and unit frames central on your screen vs having them in the top left corner of your screen. 

Ps watch out for Vivi and Bendiee.

Pps, Rash can we please change the application template to ask for a screenshot of an applicants UI while in raid combat

March 31, 2016, 06:10:45 pm
Reply #3

Offline Drayne

• Former Member

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 06:10:45 pm »
He is trying, but since he is not verified. He can't post anything.

[19:29:49] [Ravêna]: Regarding the 2 set bonus from BRF, its not only too op but it barely overheal since PoM is the most effective heal i as a holy priest have, i do have another set for holy on where i have 739 (no mythic shoulders yet) but given the way of how bosses are...
[19:33:00] [Ravêna]: its really rare to see a PoM going to waste, appart even my WoM (talent lvl 100) benefits from the tier bonus
[19:35:19] [Ravêna]: theres not a boss on where you cannot get more benefit of it, sure it gives you less "stats" but the benefits you get from your best spell is just too big to let it go, i have discussed it with lots of priests and tried it on lots of bosses, and so far...
[19:35:33] [Ravêna]: from what you get more benefit is the 2 and 2 combo
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:37:35 pm by Drayne »

March 31, 2016, 06:23:02 pm
Reply #4

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 06:23:02 pm »
You're such a tryhard Drayne

April 01, 2016, 01:34:07 pm
Reply #5

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 01:34:07 pm »
Hey Ravena,

I just wanted to give you a little heads up. We are only killing archimonde at the moment and want to stop doing even that in a couple of weeks. While you could come in for that if you pull your weight, there won't be a whole lot of gearing going on. Applying right now means applying for Legion, basically.

April 01, 2016, 01:57:54 pm
Reply #6

Offline Ravena

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 01:57:54 pm »
Hello !

first of all... feels good to be able to type by myselft :P

Well as i said on the irc i dont really need any gear from HFC Mythic, only improvements i may use are, Mannoroth neck, Archi waist, and *possibly* Archi 1 hand but its not something that will make that huge of a difference to be honest, i honestly think i am more than able to pull my weight on Archimonde :D and yea im looking forward to legion with this apply as i said on the application. :D

if theres any other question now that i can finally type i will be more than glad to answer it :D

April 02, 2016, 04:48:28 pm
Reply #7

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 04:48:28 pm »
Looks good to me! I don't know if we can guarantee you a lot of up-time on Archimonde in the coming weeks, it will depend on the other healers on the team and the viability of Holy in a 3-healer setting. But I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you in action as an old-school holy priest.

That being said, I expect you to be flexible when it comes to the spec you play. We do our best to accommodate peoples preferred specs, but if we need you to play discipline I expect you to be ready, motivated and competent. After all, we don't know what the FotM is going to be in Legion.

You can ask an officer for an invite. :)
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

April 02, 2016, 08:04:10 pm
Reply #8

Offline Ravena

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 08:04:10 pm »
I am really happy to read this, i am allso kinda rusty in disc wont lie but im all up for picking it up on hc runs to get the hold of it againg, holy is really really viable in archi 3 healers, you just need one absorb healer aka pala or disc and 2 raid healers, i can talk long and detailed about it, suffered a lot, atm im at a film fest but as soon as i get home ill try to find an officer :)

Ps i have being holy since 2005 :p (some few exceptions due disc being op but mehhh :p)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:05:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

47 Guests, 0 Users