Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Redoxtwo

June 28, 2016, 01:26:57 am
Read 4972 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Redoxtwo
« on: June 28, 2016, 01:26:57 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Redoxtwo
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Redoxtwo/advanced
Class/Spec: Death Knight (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Oskar Helle, I am 19 and from Denmark. I am about to start in second grade in a gymnasie (like collage)

Class/Spec:

I currently play unholy which also is the one I prefer. I have always been more into 2h weapons, with a certain attack speed so you don't have to wait ages for ur spells to refresh. Ever since DK came into the game I have liked them the most, caused by their way of dealing a heavy amount of damaged, any because there is a lot to be aware of like ur pet, diseases stacks ect. My item level for Unholy is currently 738 for single target (as the BiS trinket is ilvl 700) and 741 for AoE

For unholy I of course go with strength as main stat, but for secondary stats multistrike is the most important followed by mastery. The other 3 secondaries are not of much use.
For single target I start by hitting once with plague strike in order to get the diseases up once they are done I hit with plague strike agian, then I build up for my burst with Sindragosa's Breath. How I build it up is I am going to reach a high amount of runic power and have runes and blood taps available, I restore some runic power with Anti Magic Shield and with Empower Rune Weapon in order to get Breath of Sindragosa going. While having the breath going I mainly hit with Scouge Strike, but I use Festering Strike to longer the duration of the diseases. For this build I go with the trinkets  [Vial of Convulsive Shadows] [Unending Hunger]

For AoE ration I switch out Sindragosa's Breath and Plague Leech with Unholy Blight (to get stacks with the disease faster) and Necrotic Plague (New and more heavy disease if stacked fast) For this ration the priority is to keep the disease up for 2 minutes in order for Unholy Blight to refresh as this is pretty much the only way of getting stack for the diseasse fast. In order to keep up the stack I make it's duration longer by hitting a few hits with festering strikes till it duration is high enough then I am back spamming the scourge strike. When there is mor then one target I use blood boil in order to AoE and spread the disease. Trinkets for this rotation changes for each AoE Fight but I have them all and know which to use where.

Alts:

I have one of every class in lvl 100 on kazzak, but the once I have ever raided on which I would consider playing for legion if needed is my Paladin (Redo), Shaman (Redø) and Hunter (Redoxina).

Professions:

I have all professions but inscreption and skinning at max level. For my DK I have Leatherworking and Enchanting. I have these because they were just as rewarding as the other professions which I already had a max.

Raiding Experience:

Deathwing Heroic was the first boss I killed before the prepatch and next expansion came out, ever since I have managed to kill the bosses on highest difficulity before a new content was released. I am currently 12/13 mythic, and my guild completly stopped raiding after mannoroth went down.

Previous Guilds:

I have been in the guild "Coach" since Cataclysm when I moved to the server, which have been a nice guild for the previous contents with 10 man raiding. The reason why I now want to find a new guild is because the rooster haven't been stable at all for the 20 man content which have resulted in a lot of raid being canceled. So for the new Legion content I want a fresh start with a stable guild.

Availability:

All my exams are just done so there wont be any till next juni. During the exam period I will still be able to raid, but I won't be very active for anything but raids during this period. I have like 4 weeks a year planned for vaccination every year. The first one is the first week of the year, and the second one is in week 8. Then I have 2 weeks in the summer holidays shifting a little year to year. Other then that there is nothing but family gatherings and that kind of stuff.

Communication:

My English is all good, I can both speak and understand the language. I do have Teamspeak 3 with working sound and microphone and I do use it for raiding and other activities

Computer / Connection:

My computer is a MSI from this year, I have no issues at all with it. My internet is fine and stable never had any problems with it. So in general everything is good, no fps issues, not disconnecting often and a stable low ping.

Addons/UI:

For UI I use ElvUI, because I find it easy to move around and bind keys with, so I can get it exactly as I want it. For raiding addons I use: WeakAuras 2, Exorsus Raid Tools, Skada, Deadly Boss Mods.

Death Coil with /target pet is not showen, but it's bind to Ctrl. Then I have some binds stuff like Path of Forst which is not shown aswell but rest has got nothing to do with raiding.

Link to UI http://imgur.com/JdjTxTD
Raid frames aint showed as I am not in a raid, but they are below the action bars

Other Games:

I am from time to time playing Diablo III and Hearthstone, when I am borred.

Why Iron Edge?

I want to join Iron Edge because I am seaching for a guild, who has a stable rooster with weekly raids and goals to be achieved.  

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offter a stable player who knows his class and tactics. A player with a positive and focused attitude.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I knew a friend of mine was in this guild, so I got the idea of sumbiting an application.

Last Words?

Been playing the game for 9 years now, haven't ever taking a break for more then a month at max, as I have always enjoyed playing this game, and I would like it to continue that way, so I hope I get a shot and you can use me. I can as I said earlier play a few diffrent classes, and would be willing to swtich to one of them for legion if needed.

Hope to hear from you soon.

June 28, 2016, 02:10:09 am
Reply #1

Offline Glacio

• Guild Member

• I'm a model

Re: Raider Application - Death Knight (DPS) - Redoxtwo
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 02:10:09 am »
Hello Redoxtwo! well written application, you seem to know your stuff when it comes to playing a deathknight. Could you show us a screenshot of your UI whilst in combat? Would like to see how you track your dots and cd's.
"But she was fat, so she probably doesn't have any diseases"

June 28, 2016, 03:03:40 pm
Reply #2

Offline Redox

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 03:03:40 pm »
Here is a picture: http://imgur.com/a/P62a9 of the UI in combat, the bar is the one tracking my cd's. To the right of it you have a box showing targets I have dot'ed up and when my dots will disapear on each target. To show the idea of it I dot'ed up a lot of target dummies, so thats why it's showing more then one dummy.

If there is anything else you want to know let me know.

June 28, 2016, 05:13:59 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 05:13:59 pm »
Redox,

Decent word filled application i like the application. If you where asked to not be a melee class would that be a problem for if numbers are too large in the melee campus? Also can you provide logs of which ever char it was you was raiding mythic HFC with so we can have a peak at, this will help the officers to make a decision on your application.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

June 28, 2016, 09:50:05 pm
Reply #4

Offline Jallurin

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 09:50:05 pm »

June 28, 2016, 10:48:17 pm
Reply #5

Offline Redox

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 10:48:17 pm »
If I had to pick a ranged class it would be either shaman or hunter as I earlier have played these for raiding. But as I said in my application I have one of each class at lvl 100 and I am willing to switch to either of them for legion. For the logs I can't seem to find any...

June 29, 2016, 12:07:35 am
Reply #6

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 12:07:35 am »
Hey Redox,

Nice application, I like it! You seem to know your stuff and your experience is decent. Unfortunately, I can't really fit you in as an Unholy DK at the moment. Instead we are looking for a ranged DPS (Shadow priest, Balance druid, Warlock) or a tank that can go DPS for mythic. If you are interested in applying as any of that, just let me know.

July 01, 2016, 12:23:47 am
Reply #7

Offline Redox

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 12:23:47 am »
Okay fair enough. Currently I haven't got any geared of these classes, but I would be up for going for shadow priest for legion. I haven't got any raiding experience as shadow priest unfortunately. I know the basics and the rotation, but I would have to read up on the class in order to get it fully, which I am willing  to spend a lot of time on, if thats what it takes to get into a stable and solid guild.

July 01, 2016, 01:02:24 am
Reply #8

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 01:02:24 am »
Alright, I'll let Phoenix pass you off to our ranged officer Mooneclipse, but I definitely recommend a trial for you as a shadow priest.

So we'll wait for Moons decision!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 02, 2016, 12:58:55 am
Reply #9

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 12:58:55 am »
Hiyo,

If you're willing to be a range class (preferably shadow priest), then I am all on board with having you in the guild and trialing you when Legion comes out. You can poke me or another officer ingame for an invite  :)
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

July 02, 2016, 03:27:40 am
Reply #10

Offline Redox

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 03:27:40 am »
Okay sounds perfect, will poke ya tomorrow for the invte. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to show my worth. I am looking forward to be raiding with u in Legion!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:18:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

84 Guests, 0 Users