Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Priest (DPS) - Dax (XR)

July 01, 2016, 12:44:16 pm
Read 3884 times

Applicant

Social Application - Priest (DPS) - Dax (XR)
« on: July 01, 2016, 12:44:16 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Dax
Server: Frostmane
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Frostmane/Dax/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS)
Member Type: social

Personal Info:

Howdy all! I'm Martin, aged 49 (gulp!!), married and I'm a carer of 2 disabled kids. I live on the Wirral in the UK.

I come from a network infrastructure / server background and in my last job managed circa 200 servers which was kind of fun. I'm a self confessed IT and technology geek.

Class/Spec:

I'm currently playing shadow because I did a lot of solo play and it made soloing and questing much easier. Shadow is the most fun, but back in the day I used to get the most satisfaction out of holy.

I'm intrigued to see what Legion brings to the Holy spec.

Alts:

I don't currently play any alts. I've had this character since vanilla WoW!

Professions:

Herbalism 700
Mining 700
Fishing 700

Raiding/PVP Experience:

Have completed HFC HC. I took a break for about 12 months because we had switched from a desktop gaming system to a Steam Big Picture setup, but I am back to a desktop setup again, and returned to WoW in May.

I do very little PvP (despite currently being on a PvP server!) It's really not my cup of tea if I'm honest.

Previous Guilds:

Harmony

I haven't yet left, but I'm looking for a guild where I can join as a social and then maybe progress to raiding. I'm not hellbent on becoming a hardcore raider, but I would like to get the opportunity to learn the encounters in the new expansion at the same time as everyone else, rather than trying to play catch up as I did when I returned in May. It's always nice to learn new stuff together.

Harmony currently only has 1 raid leader, which makes getting into the Mythic progression team difficult. They only raid HFC HC for 3 hours on a Monday evening.

Availability:

I'm around most of the time. Having 2 disabled kids can sometimes create mini drama in real life, but it's very rare!

Communication:

I'm a native English speaker. I'm familiar with Teamspeak and Discord. I have a Rode NT-USB microphone, and I tend to speak when I need to rather than chatter chatter chatter!

Computer / Connection:

I have a mid-high end desktop PC. Core i7, 16Gb RAM, GTX970 500Gb SSD etc.

No fps issues, and 74Mb internet connection which is rock solid - probably will crap out now I have said that!

Addons/UI:

I use DBM, Exorsus, Iskar Assist, Raven, Skada, Weakauras 2.

I also use GTFO as I have a tendency to stand in the bad stuff :-p

UI screenshot : http://i.imgur.com/Bky63ck.jpg

I use Elvui raid frames, and I've started to play around with Holy spec and I use Healbot raid frames for that.

Other Games:

I don't play any other online games currently. I spent an enormous amount of my life on the original Everquest which is still my favourite game to this day and holds a lot of nostalgia!

WoW was the only game that managed to tear me away from EQ.

Why Iron Edge?

I've been looking for a UK based guild, with an element of maturity about it. I'd like to think I could join as a social member and then progress to raiding. I don't like to rush through content - I'm not the type to race to get from 90-100 for example, I prefer to take the game in and enjoy it for what it is - a game and not a job :-)

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I'm always glad to help out - I'm mature and sensible (the two don't always go hand in hand!)

I have a lot of playtime when there are entertaining things to do in game :-)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I did a search for a UK based WoW guild, and had a read of your website. I like the fact that you're a mature guild and not some flash in the pan. Your guild reminds me a lot of my old guild in Everquest (Raging Fury) - they were mainly Scandinavian based, but they had a good sense of comeradery and they also did real life meet ups.

Last Words?

It's always difficult trying to sell yourself! I like the social aspect of being in a guild, and I'd like the opportunity to progress to regular raiding with a bit of luck.

Would be nice to have a nice, tight knit, friendly guild to experience Legion from the start with!

Oh, and I can make chocolate cookies :-)

July 01, 2016, 03:36:04 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shylar

• Guild Member

Re: Social Application - Priest (DPS) - Dax (XR)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 03:36:04 pm »
Hello Dax

You mentioned you created this character in Vanilla, I was wondering about your raiding experience from Vanilla upto WoD?

Best of Luck with the application
"I'm not gay, I just appreciate a good cock when I see one."

July 01, 2016, 06:35:24 pm
Reply #2

Offline Dax

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 06:35:24 pm »
Hi Shylar :-)

Well, in all my time in WoW I've only been in a handful of guilds. For one reason or another I didn't raid in MoP - when MoP was released, I was playing on a laptop and it tended to struggle a little. Also, I think out of all the expansions it was the one I enjoyed the least.

The guilds I've been in have all tended to be primarily social guilds in the past and as a consequence we tended to take our time with raid progression!

In Vanilla, we did Molten Core, and UBRS that I remember!

In TBC we did the old school Zul'Aman (back when it was a raid), along with Kharazan and we also did Sunwell Plateau. Zul'Aman was probably my favourite at the time, because it had that unique voodoo theme to it.

In WoTLK I did ICC which was (and still is) my favourite raid of all time. Many wipes on that raid during the learning process! I only recall doing part of Naxx, but over the last month I've enjoyed going back to the old raids and soloing the ones I never had the opportunity to do and finishing the ones I never completed, along with grabbing some achievements.

I'm enjoying raiding again, and experiencing new things - I can see WoW keeping me hooked again for quite some time to come!

July 01, 2016, 11:31:58 pm
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 11:31:58 pm »
Hi Dax

Pretty good app, I think Shylar missed that this is a social app, but I was interested in your guild history anyway. You can poke an officer for an invite!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 01, 2016, 11:38:12 pm
Reply #4

Offline Dax

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 11:38:12 pm »
That's such good news!

I shall bid my farewell to my current guild, as I wish to part on good terms.

I need to transfer and I'm also going to change race to Pandaren - which sounds odd given that my least favourite expansion was MoP, but the racial perks seem worth it :-)

See y'all on the other side!

July 02, 2016, 12:27:26 am
Reply #5

Offline Dax

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 12:27:26 am »
Oh, whilst I wait for my server transfer and faction change, I'd just like to say I'm 48 not 49! I did myself an injustice there!

July 02, 2016, 08:40:26 am
Reply #6

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 08:40:26 am »
Oh, whilst I wait for my server transfer and faction change, I'd just like to say I'm 48 not 49! I did myself an injustice there!

Don't worry they mock me for being 28, especially that rash!
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

July 02, 2016, 02:52:29 pm
Reply #7

RoxyIlithya

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 02:52:29 pm »
Welcome to the Guild and the Horde!

I hope you manage to get your UI issues sorted :)

July 02, 2016, 03:18:21 pm
Reply #8

Offline Dax

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 03:18:21 pm »
Well.. Horde is not for me!

I was very disappointed when all my nostalgic music disappeared from my garrison jukebox!

Fortunately, Blizzard have reversed my transfer and refunded me.

Many apologies for wasting your time, but I'll be sure to keep an eye on your guild progress :-)

Good luck for the future :-)

July 02, 2016, 09:22:40 pm
Reply #9

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 09:22:40 pm »
o-okay.. bye!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 02, 2016, 09:51:38 pm
Reply #10

Offline Gaeios(Graxlos)

• Imperator

• Forum Admin and Guild Master

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 09:51:38 pm »
Hahaha that was special :-)

Bears like alts!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:33:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

49 Guests, 0 Users