Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Tank) - Hesediel

July 06, 2016, 03:13:36 pm
Read 2956 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Tank) - Hesediel
« on: July 06, 2016, 03:13:36 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Hesediel
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Hesediel/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

I'm Alex, a 20 year old Maths student, studying at Sussex University in Brighton.

Class/Spec:

I prefer to play prot, and my offspec is ret. I'm 733 ilvl with Prot. 727 ilvl with Ret

My stat priority is: Haste (to 50%)>Mastery>Crit>Versatility=Multistrike. Although Multistrike's value is weird and varies depending on the fight. Technically with Seraphim crit is a little better than mastery, but
My priorities system is: Avenger's shield (regardless of GC procs)>Crusader Strike>Judgement>Sacred shield>Tier 6 talent (If I'm using it for damage)>Hammer of Wrath>Consecration>Holy Wrath.

Alts:

I have 6 alts level 100, however none of them are mythic-ready.

Professions:

Engineering and Blacksmithing. Engineering because world shrinker is the coolest toy ever, blacksmithing because then I can craft gear for myself at the start of expansions if needed.

Raiding Experience:

I started WoW at the beginning of WoD, I have played Prot Paladin throughout other than a couple of fights in BRF progression where I switched to Ret. I have raided Mythic since I joined Aureus in BRF.

Previous Guilds:

At the start of WoD I joined Legion of Darkness on Draenor, eventually left them in BRF HC when the raid team was unable to progress due to unkickable friends and family of the GM. I joined Aureus on Draenor, we raided through BRF M until 12 or so members of the raid team broke away to form a new guild (called Boom Time). I did not want to be part of this so I stopped playing and cancelled my subscription. I rejoined WoW 6 weeks ago, joined the first guild I could find (Squishy) and raided with them since then. Now they have stopped raiding for the duration of WoD and I think they will be unable to recruit the needed players for Legion I am looking for a new guild.

Availability:

I'm available every evening, and some afternoons (depending on my lecture times)

Communication:

English is my first language. I have TS3 and a working mic, I use my mic to communicate with the other tank or the raid whenever it is needed.

Computer / Connection:

I have no issues with my current setup

Addons/UI:

http://imgur.com/a/FtmW7
I use DBM to track boss abilities and phase timers, Weakauras to track buff uptimes, debuffs, cooldowns etc. Exorsus Raid tools to track external cooldowns, should I need them, Skada to see enemy damage taken, buff uptimes over the course of the fight and healing, Omen to see threat (used to have issues with me pulling aggro off the other tank), Angry Assignments if there are any notes the RL wants us to have up (interrupt rotation or something similar), Death Note to see what went wrong immediately after a wipe.

Other Games:

Overwatch, Dota, Hearthstone, Diablo (when a new season comes out), ARK.

Why Iron Edge?

I'm looking for a Mythic raiding guild, with an enjoyable raiding atmosphere and active social side, where we can work together to down the hardest bosses Blizzard can throw at us and enjoy the game while doing so.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am a committed, dependable, diligent raider. I am always up for a laugh and a bit of fun in teamspeak, and in WoW or other games. I feel that I would be an asset both to the community and raiding sides of the guild, and as such you should recruit me as soon as possible.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WowProgress

Last Words?

Nothing other than I look forward to hearing from you soon :)

July 06, 2016, 03:40:18 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS/Tank) - Hesediel
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 03:40:18 pm »
Hey Alex, thanks for applying.
I feel it is rather fitting that I should be the first to reply as I'm currently the Protection paladin in the main raid team.
As far as I know the chance of you finding a place as Ret is quite low with the melee side of the roster being quite pact, so I will stick to talking about Prot.
Sounds like you have a good enough idea of what you're doing ability and stat wise. Would suggest moving Concecration up in the ability priority system. Doesn't really matter which fillers are used after the HP generators but would be good practise for Legion. Not a negative point, just bulking out this talk to make me look like I know what I'm talking about. :D If you have any logs from recent mythic raids you can link, that would be great.

I'll let some others talk about the boring stuff with you.

GL with the app!

July 07, 2016, 01:52:33 pm
Reply #2

Offline Hesediel

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 01:52:33 pm »
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/A36zXJnDptYfrkmZ/#view=rankings&boss=-3
These are the logs from the last time I raided with my guild (Last Wednesday).

July 07, 2016, 03:09:40 pm
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 03:09:40 pm »
Hi there Hesediel,

Thank you for showing interest in Iron Edge. Unfortunately, we have a very well filled roster for Legion at the moment, and as such, we are not able to provide you with a guaranteed raiding spot at this time.

Good luck finding a raiding spot for Legion!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 07, 2016, 05:36:03 pm
Reply #4

Offline Hesediel

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 05:36:03 pm »
I realise that I'm inexperienced, and that will certainly make recruiting me less attractive.
If I were to join the weekend raiding team, would there be the possibility of movement into the main team later, once I've proven myself there?

July 07, 2016, 05:52:40 pm
Reply #5

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 05:52:40 pm »
You are of course free to join as a member of the weekend raid or as a social, but the weekend raid is extremely casual and there's not a strong chain of recruitment between these two raids.

If you're not in a hurry to start raiding competitively right away it's definitely an option.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:16:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 0 Users