Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS/Tank) - Kensan (XR)

July 17, 2016, 10:24:09 pm
Read 5397 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS/Tank) - Kensan (XR)
« on: July 17, 2016, 10:24:09 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Kensan
Server: twisting nether
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting%20nether/Kensan/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

I'm a 25years old male.
I graduated from university with a Bachelors in Finance in 2012.
Currently I'm working as a project manager in Dubai.
I enjoy playing/watch football; I support Arsenal FC :)
I speak 4 languages, English-Arabic-Japanese-French.

Class/Spec:

I main protection and my offspec is fury.
I love to tank, and I love melee dps so both specs suit me perfectly!
My Ilvl is 716 with fury and 712 with prot.

For fury its Crit up to 30% then mastery
Haste should also be at least 11% before moving on to mastery.

The rotation in a nutshell:
Always keeping enrage up, raging blow if you've got 2 stacks of it.
Furious strikes once its up, execute whenever sudden death procs.

For prot,
Bonus armor, Mastery, Crit.

The rotation in a nutshell:
Shield block uptime at maximum, shield barrier for magic damage, demo shout and shield wall in co ordination with healers and the other tank. The occasional intervene/safeguard if required, giving the other tank, or maybe a raid member vigilance to reduce their dmg taken. Heroic leaping out of fire if required, or in some cases, heroic leaping into fire :d ?

Alts:

My alt is a mage, level 100, but I don't really play it much, I only level it to max and that is it.

Professions:

Enchanting and Blacksmithing.

I like to make money off disenchanting stuff and I craft blacksmithing recipes early expansion.

Raiding Experience:

I'll add the content of this to the below question, it is easier for me to sum things up.

Previous Guilds:

Classic WoW:
Cleared it all, but I never entered Naxxrammas.
I was in a guild called Discordia Deceived on SkullCrusher.

The Burning Crusade:
I was in a guild called Nox-Eternum on Azjol-Nerub. We spent like 3 months in Karazhan, until I got promoted to a raidleader and within a month we cleared Karazhan/Gruul. I left them after that as they weren't progressing as much as I wished for. Good bunch of people though.
I then moved to Raging Nemesis on Sylvanas where I cleared TBC content with them.
I quit WoW after that for a while to focus on my studies and came back after the release of Wotlk.

Wrath of the Lich King:
I can't remember the name of the guild here nor the realm, I think the realm was Twilight's Hammer and the guild was Remember The Name or The Council.
We cleared Naxx/Ulduar/ICC together, was a really friendly and relaxed environment. We only attempted ICC HardModes, we killed them all on Hardmode except for Professor, Sindragosa, and the Lich King.

Cataclysm:
I had quit WoW before the end of Wotlk to focus on my studies again, and I came back after Cataclysm was launched.
I joined a guild called Trolling Paladin Forums on Emerald Dream. Very nice and casual bunch.We cleared all the normal content together but we didn't do any serious heroics;
I was also a raid-leader here during Firelands. Unfortunately the guild disbanded in early MoP due to lack of recruits on a low populated realm.

Mists of Pandaria:
11 IRL friends and I started a guild, but it was going nowhere as everyone was slacking thinking it is alright since we are all friends. So I decided to leave and joined "The Beauties" on Twisting Nether.
I consider myself lucky to have joined The Beauties. I applied as a Fury warrior with ilvl 483 while they were progressing on Heroic modes in HoF.
Ironically, I rarely raided as Fury hehe. On my first raid I was Protection and we killed Blade Lord on Heroic, my ilvl was 483 as well in prot.
Before the end of the patch we had 5/6 HC MSV and 3/6 HC HoF.
Come ToT, we had 1/13HC down in the 3rd or 4th week I can't remember.
But there has been a lot of drama going on since our HC progress in MSV/HoF.
Some people had enough of it while progressing on Ji-kun HC and Horridon HC so they left, 2 of them were our best healers and officers.
I got promoted to Raidleader/Officer and kept the guild together with the GM and another officer.
We were the only ones preparing tactics for all boss fights and even discussing them together on forums/skype while at work xD.
It all finally fell apart after our new recruits just weren't good enough, some people couldn't take it anymore and everyone just moved on to different guilds.
I am still in-touch with 3 players from the beauties as I have a very good relationship with them, mostly because we were doing all the organizing and coordination of the raids.
I joined Genesis after The-Beauties. They're a nice community that has been on for a long time. It is my first 25-man guild since TBC though!
I left Genesis after a few raids with them, I didn't feel very welcome, and I was 3rd choice tank. Also the atmosphere during their raids did not suit me very much.
I joined Offspring at that point and enjoyed some of my favorite raiding times with them.
I was the 2nd tank as I sometimes used to go Fury spec in raids when we needed only 1 tank. I was also involved in planning tactics and strategies in ToT heroic with other members.
We cleared ToT heroic and got server 2nd world 198th, this was back in our old realm Outland.
I had to quit WoW after we cleared ToT heroic because of my work. I had to travel overseas since mid 2013 to the far east.

In early WoD I started raiding again with offspring, but overtime some of us wanted to raid more than 3days per week so that we progress even more, some of us were not able to do that and thus we decided
it was best to let the people who want to progress join better guilds, and so they did, many of them moving on to Malorum, our mage, Ithax moved to a top world 30 guild as well if I recall right. Our DK is currently in a world 28 guild.
We all still have our alts in offspring and talk from time to time, we also have all our battletags and play other games like Heroes of the storm together.
Anyways after the guild broke up, I stopped playing WoW because I wanted a small break, and WoD wasn't much fun anyways to be honest, or I guess it was but maybe I was just sad I couldn't raid with offspring anymore.

Availability:

I'm available for any 3 days of the week, from 15:00 up to 23:30; server time.
The other days i like to do other things like playing football, going to the gym and hanging out with friends.

Communication:

Yes English is not an issue at all, it is my first language after all...
I have TS3, I have headphones and a mic; I'm not very talkative during a raid, I like to keep my comments mainly boss/fight related, but I love jokes and you will often hear me crack a joke every raid.
Outside raids I'm always online for a chat.
Any other voice communication software is not an issue, except for mumble, I can't use that.

Computer / Connection:

No issues whatsoever, I do not have a high end gaming PC, but it is enough to run the latest games above medium.
I'm running an I5 with radeon 7850.
My latency is around 100 and FPS is around 57 during 20man raids with very high graphics.

Addons/UI:

I use Elvui along with bigwigs, Omen, Recount, and Weakauras.

Other Games:

Dota2
Diablo2
Heroes of the Storm
Overwatch

Why Iron Edge?

I noticed you've been a guild for a very long time, and since offspring is no more I miss the atmosphere of being in a family like guild.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I'm very easy going, I have very high tolerance to almost anything so nothing really offends me.
I do a lot of things outside raids, dungeons, looking forward to mythic+ as well!
I'm quite helpful towards the buildup to raids, especially during expansion release time, running dungeons for members who need it, crafting gear, providing any useful reagents and what not.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WoWprogress.

Last Words?

I would like to point out that I'm applying for Legion, if needed I'm willing to raid before that on my warriorl, but I'm not sure my current ilvl(712prot/716fury) would suit mythic.
Also, I would like to point out that I am applying as a Demon Hunter Tank with Havoc offspec. Been playing it recently on beta and I'm loving their playstyle. Quite different from the Sword and Shield warrior play-style though.
I hope I did not forget to mention anything in the application, if I did, Hadi#2416, this is my battle tag and im almost always online for a chat!

July 18, 2016, 01:50:39 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS/Tank) - Kensan (XR)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 01:50:39 pm »
Hi Kensan, very nice application!

We could certainly use another demon hunter (tank). The big downside is that you don't seem to have any mythic experience, that's too bad.

I'm very easy going, I have very high tolerance to almost anything so nothing really offends me.

Did you bring that up because of other recent applicants? Do you know any of those guys or are you just mentioning it because you thought we'd be interested to know? (don't worry, we are)
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 18, 2016, 02:00:12 pm
Reply #2

Offline kensan

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 02:00:12 pm »
Hello Rashkebab,

Unfortunately I do not have much mythic experience in WoD, just a few in Highmaul.
Most of my mythic, or back in the day heroic, was during MoP.

I brought it up because I myself tend go to over the line sometimes with my jokes, mainly dirtiness wise, and that could maybe offend some people; . I haven't looked at other applications and I don't know anybody with relation to that, so now I'm assuming you've rejected people because your humor is above the line as well  ;D

July 18, 2016, 04:18:29 pm
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 04:18:29 pm »
so now I'm assuming you've rejected people because your humor is above the line as well  ;D

Nope, other way around! The thread I'm talking about is this one. The last couple of replies are relevant.
Rash - Holy Priest
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 18, 2016, 04:37:09 pm
Reply #4

Offline kensan

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 04:37:09 pm »
I see, I am a muslim myself.
But my jokes know no limit, I just practice my religion privately.
You're free to joke about it in my presence :P I don't mind at all, but don't expect me to joke about it as well XD
Most of my jokes are dirty/sexist/general bashing, the usual stuff that provide a good laugh with a group of people.
Oh I must add I enjoy sarcasm, a lot.

July 18, 2016, 05:13:25 pm
Reply #5

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 05:13:25 pm »
Sounds good, you have my thumbs up!

I'll ask Shimmar to come in here and give us his opinion.
Rash - Holy Priest
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 18, 2016, 05:34:23 pm
Reply #6

Offline Shimmar

• Officer

• Creepy Sam

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 05:34:23 pm »
Hey Kensan, thanks for applying.
It sounds like you have a good understanding of your class and your requirements in a raid. If you have any warcraft logs you could link from your Protection spec that would be great, although with you applying as a Demon Hunter Tank, it is not required so don't worry if not.

How long have you been testing the Demon Hunter on Beta and how do you feel they compare to your experience as a Prot Warrior in terms of survivability, what they bring to the raid, and damage (though damage is not too important imo)?

I haven't looked at Demon Hunter Tanking too much at all myself and I can't imagine there is any way for me to judge your ability right now so as long as you believe the DH tanking to be more than viable in terms of survival in the Mythic Raiding scene, then I approve.

That's all from me.
GL with the app

PS: If anyone with more insight into DH tanking has anything they want to ask/add I suggest they do so with a positive frame of mind ;)

July 18, 2016, 05:53:25 pm
Reply #7

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 05:53:25 pm »
They chutney gag of who stole my chutney is regularly used on a bi annual hourly basis (mooneclipse), and was at a time also heard of allu Akbar (again by that damn forehead vein(mooneclipse)), we have some amusing and disturbed / very in pc chats go on before, during and after so as long as you are aware that aspects not a problem. Who knows you could possibly influence moon to leave the cray crays.

As is mentioned experience is missing from wod but it's not too hard to tank these days, just don't turn your back on boss and have tank aura on ( maybe also have your ret paladin ensure he doesn't pop avenging wrath with righteous fury on is a plus too ) other than that manage your cool downs, speaking of which how do you monitor internal and external cds.

Other than that good luck on the apply

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

July 18, 2016, 08:28:20 pm
Reply #8

Offline kensan

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 08:28:20 pm »

If you have any warcraft logs you could link from your Protection spec that would be great, although with you applying as a Demon Hunter Tank, it is not required so don't worry if not.

How long have you been testing the Demon Hunter on Beta and how do you feel they compare to your experience as a Prot Warrior in terms of survivability, what they bring to the raid, and damage (though damage is not too important imo)?

I haven't looked at Demon Hunter Tanking too much at all myself and I can't imagine there is any way for me to judge your ability right now so as long as you believe the DH tanking to be more than viable in terms of survival in the Mythic Raiding scene, then I approve.

Unfortunately I don't have logs as I wasn't very active in WoD.
I could log some HFC run if you wish.

Been trying the DH for almost 3 weeks now.
The DH is pretty different to the warrior playstyle.
It feels like they took bits and piece from all tanks and dumped them into the DH.
Infernal strike is basically a heroic leap with 2 charges.
Throw glaive is like a paladin's avengers shield.
A poor man's DK grip being sigil of chains
Anyways no need to go into much detail about DH abilities.

As a warrior I'd build up rage to use shield block/barrier, as a DH you'd build up fury to soul cleave and demon spikes/soul barrier.
I think DPS is important as a tank and DH tanking dps was at good place until the recent nerfs which placed us at the bottom half.
There's a shitton of AoE abilities available for us.
DH bring darkness, reducing melee and spell hits for 8secs by 15%.
I don't know how DH tanks will pan out in mythic raiding, but from the looks of it they will be very good at mythic+ dungeons.
I think DH tanks might start off a bit slow because of health spikes compared to other tanks, once the trinkets/tier/gear starts rolling out I believe DH tanks will scale better than most tanks.
I wouldn't say there is a huge difference in survivability right now amongst all the tanking classes, I feel blizzard did a good job this time to balance them all, but changes are still on going.
Ultimately, I'm more relaxed as a warrior, I don't feel as squishy as a DH but then again, I haven't tanked with the DH as much as I have with the warrior.
Right now if you ask me which is the better tank, I would say protection warrior.
Oh an one more thing, DH tanking has ALOT of shear spamming.
But I'm a little faggot illidan fanboi and I want to pewpew with my blades.

They chutney gag of who stole my chutney is regularly used on a bi annual hourly basis (mooneclipse), and was at a time also heard of allu Akbar (again by that damn forehead vein(mooneclipse)), we have some amusing and disturbed / very in pc chats go on before, during and after so as long as you are aware that aspects not a problem. Who knows you could possibly influence moon to leave the cray crays.

As is mentioned experience is missing from wod but it's not too hard to tank these days, just don't turn your back on boss and have tank aura on ( maybe also have your ret paladin ensure he doesn't pop avenging wrath with righteous fury on is a plus too ) other than that manage your cool downs, speaking of which how do you monitor internal and external cds.

Other than that good luck on the apply

Vejeta

I hate curry. I smell it every fucking day here in dubai I'm developing a complex from it soon.
A little dwarf once told me if you scream allah akbar and you're the last man standing during a boss fight, you kill the boss instantly, you die along as well and are forbidden loot.
I am not liable if the above doesn't work.

I track stuff using Weakauras/TellmeWhen.

July 18, 2016, 09:06:55 pm
Reply #9

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 09:06:55 pm »

I hate curry. I smell it every fucking day here in dubai I'm developing a complex from it soon.
A little dwarf once told me if you scream allah akbar and you're the last man standing during a boss fight, you kill the boss instantly, you die along as well and are forbidden loot.

I knew it!!!!!

Thanks for confirming what i thought you'd use, also have you used Blood legion for external cooldowns castable to you aka narkskin and so fourth.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

July 18, 2016, 09:21:37 pm
Reply #10

Offline kensan

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 09:21:37 pm »

I knew it!!!!!

Thanks for confirming what i thought you'd use, also have you used Blood legion for external cooldowns castable to you aka narkskin and so fourth.

Regards

Vejeta

How the hell do you know all my addons, wtf?

Yeah I use bloodlegion cooldowns to track those as well

July 18, 2016, 09:27:15 pm
Reply #11

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 09:27:15 pm »

I knew it!!!!!

Regards

Vejeta

How the hell do you know all my addons, wtf?

Yeah I use bloodlegion cooldowns to track those as well

Many moons ago i used to be a tank, its the basics :)

July 18, 2016, 09:29:26 pm
Reply #12

Offline kensan

• Guild Member

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 09:29:26 pm »
I just double checked, its not bloodlegion cooldowns, the one I have is called BLT raid cooldowns.

July 18, 2016, 10:01:40 pm
Reply #13

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 10:01:40 pm »
You can poke an officer for an invite, we've recently made a post with some general raiding information here.

Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

July 18, 2016, 10:26:52 pm
Reply #14

Offline kensan

• Guild Member

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 10:26:52 pm »
Thanks!
I'll be transferring within the next 24hours.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:12:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

44 Guests, 0 Users