Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (Tank) - Preserve (XR)

August 19, 2016, 06:47:42 pm
Read 2141 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (Tank) - Preserve (XR)
« on: August 19, 2016, 06:47:42 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Preserve
Server: Bladefist
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Bladefist/Preserve/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (Tank)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

Kati, age 26, Finland, starting work at a pet shop in a few weeks.

Class/Spec:

My main spec is prot because I love tanking. Gear level is invasion 700s since I just got back to WoW, but I don't think that matters in Legion. :P

My off spec is ret, but I don't like holy power so I don't play it much. Can swap as necessary though. I can also learn holy off spec if necessary.

Since maintankadin seems to be mostly abandoned now, I'm following the guide at http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classes/paladin/protection/overview. I'll keep an eye out for updated information after Legion launch.

Priority is judgment > blessed hammer > consecration > avenger's shield (>hammer of the righteous if untalented). Shield of the righteous and light of the protector are off the GCD so they can be cast whenever, using them for best timing is important.

Stat priority for max survivability is versatility > haste/mastery > crit.

Alts:

Won't transfer my alts, so I'll level new ones as time allows.

Professions:

Mining and blacksmithing. I picked up blacksmithing way back in TBC for the soulbound gear and kept it for the bonuses and crafted gear in later expansions. I also wanted to retain my old recipes. Mining is to level BS.

I have cooking and fishing too. I have some rare/no longer available recipes like Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops and Icebane and Ornate Mithril armor sets etc.

Raiding Experience:

I started raiding in TBC with holy priest. Did Kara, then discovered the joys of tanking and swapped to prot pala. I've played prot since then. Did Kara, Zul'Aman and Gruul in TBC in a fairly casual guild.
In wrath I did both 10 and 25 mans, up to ICC 11/12 heroic on both difficulties. In cata I raided heroic in the first 2 tiers and started on Dragon Soul, but ended up quitting the game after guild drama. Didn't really raid in Mop beyond a few dabbles.

Previous Guilds:

I was in Epic Rice in TBC and early part of Wrath. It broke up and reformed under another name, then after that guild broke up too I joined From the Ashes. Was in that until the end of Cata, when the guild leadership treated a long time member and his girlfriend in a really shitty way. In Mop FTA was reformed, but that didn't last and I joined my current guild, War and Peace because a friend was in it. I'll leave it to transfer to Kazzak.

Availability:

I start working soon, so I'll have to go around 11pm server time on work nights, but that can stretch occasionally as needed. Non-work nights I can stay as long as needed. Obviously I won't raid on big holidays like Christmas Eve, but beyond that I'm available pretty much all evenings.

Communication:

I speak and write well in English. I have TS and a microphone and I use them.

Computer / Connection:

I built my gaming computer 4 years ago and it's still quite good. My internet is good and I haven't had any problems.

Addons/UI:

DBM for boss timers/warnings. Omen for threat meter.  Shadowed Unit Frames and Grid + Grid Raid Status Debuff for unit frames. Clique for binding things to Grid clicks. Dominos for more and better arranged action bars. Recount for dps/healing/deaths etc checking. Tidy Plates for proper mob health bars. WeakAuras for cooldown/charge displays. I'll also add buff/debuff displays with WA if necessary.

UI: http://imgur.com/a/pDoq9
Rebuke, Guardian of Ancient Kings, Avenging Wrath etc with weird bindings are bound to naga thumb buttons.

Other Games:

Guild Wars 2, but won't play much of that for a while since Wow will take all my time for now.

Why Iron Edge?

My friend Rarespawn is there and I'd like to get back to raiding with a reasonable schedule.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Nice, social member and a tank for weekend raiding.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

My friend Rarespawn.

Last Words?

I'll transfer within a few days after my application is accepted.

August 19, 2016, 07:55:30 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rarespawn

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (Tank) - Preserve (XR)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 07:55:30 pm »
Rawr!

Good friend of mine, massive hoarder and good at tongue twisters!
Was in the same guild(From the Ashes II) in super late wrath and early to mid cata.

August 20, 2016, 07:13:51 pm
Reply #2

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Paladin (Tank) - Preserve (XR)
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 07:13:51 pm »
Okay. Hopefully you won't get bored of the paladin.

As soon as you transfer, you can poke an officer for the invite.

So... Welcome to the Porkchoppers.
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:48:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

106 Guests, 0 Users