Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (Tank) - Fleaa

September 18, 2016, 12:10:23 am
Read 3283 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (Tank) - Fleaa
« on: September 18, 2016, 12:10:23 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Fleaa
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Fleaa/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (Tank)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Andrew Clark
27 year old
Retired web developer (Been sat in an office since 16 and got bored so quit!)
Part-time Forex Trader

Class/Spec:

I'm currently playing as a Guardian Druid and have invest all of my AP into that, current item level is 847. I honestly, hadn't planned on playing this I was planning on playing resto again as I did in WoD but it seems everyone in my current guild rolled healer, so I decided to take up the tank slot.

My preferable offspec is Feral although I'm not that good at it (but improving!), and I really do not like boomkin!

I have 840+ gear for all 4 of the druid specs, albeit not optimised properly for each.

So after reading and doing a little personal simcrafting I'm using the following stat priority for my Guardian spec, the others have no priority I just take the best ilvl I'm afraid! But that will change if the other specs are actually called upon.

Agility, Mastery == Versatility, Haste, Crit

Alts:

I have a 110 Rogue at ilvl 812. Its specced sub which sucks in dungeons at the minute but I use it primarily for PVP anyway!

Also have a 102 resto shaman which I love and will be levelling to 110 as I think they will be awesome in Mythic+ and I'll probably spend a lot of time chasing those keystones!

Professions:

800 Herbalism
800 Alchemy - all flasks! And once the first boss in EN dies I will have the cauldrons up.

I've kept 60 pots in my bank ready to make them as soon as I get the recipe!

Working on LW with my rogue but not doing a lot with it right now.

Raiding Experience:

I played seriously during Vanilla/BC and WotlK where we managed to clear all of the raids before I got fed up and took a break. I played a mage primarily but also played resto druid!

I didn't really bother with raids in Cata and MoP except a few visits to Firelands but I joined a casual guild for WoD and managed to clear heroic HFC and 3/13 mythic. Nothing massively notable, but I'm not a complete beginner.

Previous Guilds:

Non that I can remember.. current is Blood and Bone and they are very casual with no real raiding schedule.

Availability:

I'm currently available far too much - playing from about 11am to 11pm and beyond. As I work from home trading forex I just do that on one of my other monitors whilst playing.

Communication:

Yes, to all of those.

One of the key things I'm looking for a guild is exactly this - people who are willing to talk on comms, achieve and just have a laugh.

Computer / Connection:

PC is solid, built it brand new a few months ago and got stung on GTX980 when I could have had a 1080/1070 nowdays thats better and cheaper!

Internet is fine and I normally dont have any connection issues, although recently its been a nuisance but thats largely something that everyone has experienced!

Addons/UI:

ElvUI
Omen
Skada
Pawn
TSM
NPCScan
NPCOverlay

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/my0hSCw.jpg

Other Games:

Star Citizen, EVE Online, CSGO.. you name it I probably play it! I used to be heavily involved in esports and the travel to gamescomm etc regularly!

Why Iron Edge?

Honestly, because I want to be part of a community of English speaking players that play a game, have a laugh but want to achieve something within that game. I the first 3 expansions playing with a similar communtiy called PUB that had servers in all kind of games - CS1.6, Team Fortress etc and we just had a ball.

At the end of the day, I want to raid whilst its not easy and is relevant but I want to have a laugh with people whilst doing it and not join random pug groups that dont communicate. WoW used to be social game!

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A mature committed player with experience in competitive gaming of all sizes! I have raid experience, not afraid of comms and like to act as a team, so making grinding those mats to make flasks to give out to you all so we can progress, is just part of my routine!

It's a team game, I pull my weight! :D

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Honestly, I googled "Kazzak British Guild" because there has to someone out there that is primarily British and will share the same humour, living conditions, you name it!

Oh and when I read your post about Legion is coming and you mentioned 4 LAN parties.. thats right up my street! I love a good get together at LAN :D

Last Words?

I have read everything and I did see that your website says you are not recruiting for raiders, but I thought I'd fill this out and give it a shot. Raiding once a week on a Sunday isn't enough for me and I popped on Discord to ask a few questions but no one seems to be available.

I'm basically, having a pop because whats the worst that can happen?

Also, if I can't join as a tank I'm actually pretty happy to level any character you need. I'm looking for a semi-serious community more than a tank space.. perhaps that resto shaman would be useful?!

September 18, 2016, 02:24:49 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Druid (Tank) - Fleaa
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 02:24:49 pm »
Hi Fleaa!

I really like your app and I think you'll fit in with us just fine. But I'm afraid I can't offer you a guaranteed raid spot on the main team in the short term, especially not for tanking.

If you're willing to accept a trial as a social member we'll probably be able to trial you at some later point for the main raid, but it will likely also not be as a tank. We have two other casual raid teams that you can raid with in the meantime, if you're interested.

Let me know!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 19, 2016, 04:12:38 pm
Reply #2

Offline Fleaa

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 04:12:38 pm »
Hi!

Thanks for the invitation, it is very much appreciated!

I'm happy to join as a social member and wait my turn in the main raid. That should teach me to try find a tanking slot 2 days before raids right?

However, if I cannot tank. What classes/specs are you guys after and I'll make a start on something new? I'm open to any/all really!

September 20, 2016, 07:53:58 pm
Reply #3

Offline Shylar

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 07:53:58 pm »
I think mostly a ranged dps as we have a lot of melee on the roster. The link below shows the 2 main raid teams and I would advise rolling something we don't have a lot of at the moment i.e. Shadow Priest or Boomkin although you may wish to message an officer to confirm this recommendation.

http://www.iron-edge.co.uk/index.php?topic=8377.msg145432;topicseen#new
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:45:02 pm by Rashkebab »
"I'm not gay, I just appreciate a good cock when I see one."

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:43:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 2 Users
Liquidroom, Fabulousfu