Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Myzrl (XR)

September 19, 2016, 10:59:26 pm
Read 5604 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Myzrl (XR)
« on: September 19, 2016, 10:59:26 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Myzrl
Server: Ravencrest
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Ravencrest/Myzrl/advanced
Class/Spec: Shaman (DPS/Healer)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

Hi, my name is Jani. I'm 28 (October 13th) from Brugge, Belgium. I work for a Swiss segment of the Thomas Cook Group where I'm responsible for the sales & marketing of all Car Holidays and City Trips on the Belgian market. With over 300.000 annual customers and a total annual turnover of well over 150mio euros, things can get quite demanding and hectic.
Not the typical job for someone who got a degree in Psychology and Economics, but it works.

In my spare time I study music theory at the royal conservatory where I also picked piano as my leading instrument. I also swim 6 days/week and I get up at an unholy 5.30am to be in the pool by 6.30am before heading off to work.

Class/Spec:

I am equally proficient at Enhancement, Elemental or Resto. Preferably I'll go with Enhancement as my DPS spec so far since it's a well-rounded spec since the Legion overhaul. It's lacking in the sustained AoE department, but has great on-demand single target priority burst, which is always valuable in a raiding setting.
My gear level with each spec is average since I've leveled 3 toons so far (Shaman, Druid, Rogue) and haven't decided on the specific character that I'll be playing. More on that below.

In terms of stat distribution it's important to keep Haste within reach of Mastery and balance the 2 out due to the synergy between Haste (attack speed increase) and the increased chance to trigger Stormbringer and Windfury.
As Enhancement I prefer the more methodical Boulderfist playstyle, where my priority is to apply Landslide, Hailstorm and Flametongue first, then prioritize Stormstrike over avoiding capping out on Boulderfist. To dump Maelstrom, Crash Lightning > Lava Lash, but only at 80+ Maelstrom so as never to be Maelstrom starved on Stormbringer procs.

Alts:

I've played several classes over the past few years and pride myself on being able to learn/apply most of these specs at a sufficiently high level in a raiding environment.
Flexibility is important for me, that's why I spent time learning other classes over the course of the 12 years I've been playing this game.

I currently have 2 alts at 110 in Legion:
Druid: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Myzo/simple
Rogue: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Cottillion/simple

My 100 alts are as follows:
Hunter: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Ocelot/simple
Mage: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Kurald/simple
Paladin: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Gacelot/simple
Warrior: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Malaz/simple
Priest: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Galain/simple
Warlock: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Myzcelot/simple

Professions:

My current Legion 110s have Enchanting/Tailoring (Shaman), Skinning/Leatherworking (Rogue) and Herbalism/Alchemy (Druid).
I don't have any unique or cool recipes that I can think of. Professions are a source of income and commodity goods/crafted goods for me and to be able to stay self sufficient when it comes to raiding usables.

Raiding Experience:

Bullet point style since I don't want to bore you with 12 years of uninteresting raiding history. Going to simply list the point of progress and key events.

- Vanilla: mid Naxx 40, top 50 C'thun kill. (Played Mage)
- BC: cleared at a decent level, no remarkable landmarks. (Played Resto Shaman)
- Wrath: cleared at a decent level, no remarkable landmarks. (Played Resto Shaman)
- Cataclysm: cleared at an average level. (Played Resto Shaman and Mage)
- MoP: Mythic Thok, killed Ra-den at a decent level (Played Mage and Resto Shaman)
- WoD: Mythic Zakuun, did not dabble in Mythic BRF or Highmaul (Played Resto Shaman and MM Hunter).

All of my kills are prior to nerfs.

Previous Guilds:

I'm going to do this in bullet point style, since the full story is too boring to read. In chronological order:
- Pandorian Alliance, Shattered Hand: left at the end of Molten Core since a few of us thought we could make something more progress oriented as opposed to merely community oriented.
- Exiles, Shattered Hand: left at the start of AQ40 as the guild simply disbanded after the Frostmane transfer opened up.
- Nefarious, Frostmane: left mid Naxx40 when I started university and had little time left to play for the very hardcore raiding schedule. Nefarious was my most hardcore stint, with a world top 50 kill on C'Thun.
- Avalerion, Stormrage: left at the end of Cataclysm as I wanted to go back to playing Horde with an old buddy of mine on Shattered Hand. I spent all of BC, Wrath and Cata in this guild and has some amazing times.
- No U, Shattered Hand: left at the end of Heart of Fear in MoP as people started quitting after years of hardcore raiding in Order of the Hammer.
- Exercitum, Shattered Hand: left early in Throne of Thunder because an opportunity rose to join the server top guild, Victus, and run my own 10 man team.
- Victus, Shattered Hand: left after Mythic Thok because of leaving university and starting my professional career.
- Odium, Ravencrest: left after Mythic Fel Lord Zakuun because the atmosphere was far too negative and leadership was sorely lacking.

Haven't been in a raiding guild since. There actually aren't many gaps in the list above and I've stayed with most guilds for quite some time before moving on. I'm not someone who quits easily and most of the occasions where I did change guilds is because of outside factors.

Availability:

My availability is roughly every weekday evening from 19.00-19.30, except for Mondays when I have music theory class.
My weekday availability can occasionally be shaky since I have to work in different countries.

Weekends however are a safe bet, I have no issue at all with Fri/Sat/Sun evenings.

I have a 1 week holiday planned to visit my parents living in Sweden from Oct 1st until Oct 8th, but nothing else on the horizon.  

Communication:

I am sufficiently fluent in English and have both Teamspeak and a solid microphone. I'm an excellent active listener.

Computer / Connection:

I assembled my current PC 1 year ago so it still has decent enough components. I play on highest detail settings and hardly dip below 70-80fps in raids.
My internet connection is the top of the line product offered by our ISP's.

Lag/disconnects or high pings are not a frequent thing for me.

Addons/UI:

I use the following addons religiously on every character:
- Elvui (highly customizable all-in-one addon pack). I use most standard frames within Elvui but adapted to my own needs.
- Exorsus Raid Tools since it contains just too much utility.
- BigWigs, i simply prefer the leaner visual look of it.
- Skada isn't the resource hog Recount is.
- Clique to add to mouseover macros for raidframe healing.
- Weakauras: i make all my weakauras myself (or adapt really good ones from other sources) for every spec of every toon I have. I put tons of time and effort in this every year and my backup folder is my biggest WoW treasure.
- GTFO: nothing like a quick auditive queue to get out of some shit you maybe didn't notice. It's fast and easy to react to.

Screenshots (of different characters) are below:
- Druid (Resto): http://i.imgur.com/QsjoKD9.jpg. This one has my Party/Raid frame layout with HoT indicators (colored squares). The Penance icons are buff dummies.
- Druid (Guardian): http://i.imgur.com/BLIexjz.jpg
- Shaman (Enhancement): http://i.imgur.com/CvWdZVg.jpg
- Rogue (Outlaw): http://i.imgur.com/yeDidVf.jpg

My keybinds are tailored to my Logitech G600 mouse with 12 buttons on the side for my thumb. I use the F keys to bind all cooldowns and utility spells (button 5-10 on every action bar row).
My other skills ar bound to shift+easy to reach keys (A or E on my Azerty layout) or simply 1-4 and shift1-4.
Remaining skills (mounts, professions, raid markers, target markers) are bound to the Opie addon. It's the best.

Other Games:

I've always played a ton of games throughout my life. I generally stick to heavily story based games and RPG's.

Recently I've played Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2 and started with The Witcher series. Diablo 3 has also been a staple the past 2 years.

My favorite game of all time is Planescape Torment.

Why Iron Edge?

As time is a limited and valuable resource for me now, and I'm not yet ready to give up my love for raiding, I am looking for a guild with a short and focused weekend schedule. Guilds like that are fairly rare to start with.

However most of all I'm looking for the feeling I experienced in earlier years of WoW where I did not join a guild but I joined a community. I want to be able to spend my limited time with people I respect and appreciate again, instead of residing in a guild where you log in for raids and not talk to anyone outside of that.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer Iron Edge a dedicated, versatile and highly experienced teamplayer. I can offer Iron Edge a fun-loving personality who knows how to work together to complete tough projects.
I can offer Iron Edge someone who goes the extra mile for the team.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WoWprogress

Last Words?

While I know my characters aren't geared to the nines (yet), I do know I can get there fast when I decide on a class to play.
While I applied on my Shaman as a main spec here, I'm willing and able to play on my Druid as well, preferably Resto.

September 20, 2016, 12:33:53 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Shaman (DPS/Healer) - Myzrl (XR)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 12:33:53 pm »
From Bruges, you say? :)

What a great application, very impressive. Our weekend raid officer will be with you shortly.

I wanna make sure there are no misunderstandings here, so I feel I should stress that the weekend raid only raids one evening per week and does not have the same progress the entire guild has.

Hope to see you in our ranks soon!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 20, 2016, 12:41:25 pm
Reply #2

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 12:41:25 pm »
Just want to wish you good luck, enjoyable read, this application.
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

September 20, 2016, 01:37:29 pm
Reply #3

Offline Myz

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 01:37:29 pm »

I wanna make sure there are no misunderstandings here, so I feel I should stress that the weekend raid only raids one evening per week and does not have the same progress the entire guild has.

That's perfectly fine. My own RL priorities have shifted and I cannot commit to weekday raiding anymore (at least not >95% reliably).
However, I'm not yet ready to stop raiding altogether, so weekend raiding in a relatively more relaxed environment is exactly what I'm looking for.

September 20, 2016, 02:32:00 pm
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 02:32:00 pm »
2 new amazing applications. You'd be the 4th shaman or the 3rd druid. I may only have 1 rogue though. It will be your choice what you end up playing, but i would like you to join my team.

That being said, pick something that you'll stick with and have fun, AND get your ass on Kazzak (horde).

Poke an officer for an invite, once you do :D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 04:16:51 pm by Xormn »
Ba dun tss!

September 20, 2016, 02:58:41 pm
Reply #5

Offline Myz

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 02:58:41 pm »
Thanks Xormn, I'll fix the transfer of all 3 my characters tonight.

Just for the record:
-What specs are your existing 3 Shamans playing at the moment?
-3 Resto Druids seem a bit too much, I don't plan on upsetting the balance of the team :)

September 20, 2016, 03:22:21 pm
Reply #6

Offline Xormn

• Officer

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 03:22:21 pm »
As shamans we have :

Imensity (enha / resto)
Bigtommy (enha)
Jonageddon (elemental)

And again, poke and officer when you transfer :)
Ba dun tss!

September 20, 2016, 03:46:23 pm
Reply #7

Offline Myz

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 03:46:23 pm »
Resto Shaman it is then. That settled it, time to sort everything out.

See you all later tonight.

September 20, 2016, 04:15:38 pm
Reply #8

Offline Xormn

• Officer

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 04:15:38 pm »
Turns out we have -1 druids (the one of the resto - I didn't say all druids are resto :P ). Still, would be your call :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 06:17:46 pm by Xormn »
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:24:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

55 Guests, 1 User
Cojche