Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Druid (Healer) - Englas (XR)

September 19, 2016, 11:26:04 pm
Read 3661 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Druid (Healer) - Englas (XR)
« on: September 19, 2016, 11:26:04 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Englas
Server: Ravencrest
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Ravencrest/Englas/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (Healer)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

My name is Sebastian, I´m 27 years old and live in Sweden. I work with insurances and have been for 3 years now, mainly investigating people who are known to trick the system.

Class/Spec:

Ive been playing druid more or less every expansion since Cata, played moonkin for Cataclysm, Guardian for most of MoP, moonkin and resto for WoD.  at the moment I have invested the most time in restoration for Legion, especially when it comes to AP given how moonkins was performing in the beta. My offspec would be moonkin if I had to choose one but I can play guardian aswell. i have never touched feral exept for the feral affinity. My itemlvl is
851 in resto 21 traits 873 artifact
851 in moonkin 14 traits 871 artifact
847 guardian, 5 traits 870 artifact. The guardian gear doesnt have the appropriate stats and no tank trinkets. that can be sorted though.

Yes I can. For resto and moonkin Ive so far gone with haste > crit > mastery. I choose that road since in heroics and mythic dungeons, the more dps you can lash out, the quicker they go. its also the better way to go for group/raidhealing.
You can also go for mastery > haste > crit if your role in a raid would be more of a tankhealer.

My prio is to keep LB + Rejuvenation up on tanks at all times, keeping mushroom up under melee grps ( since they often gets the most out of it, being more stacked than ranged) try to keep regrowth up aswell on the tank and then using rejuvenation on targets who are missing little to medium health. I try to only use Wild growth together with Soul of the forest if I can, the 75% increased healing is very strong. I use it if 3 or more players are in need of more healing than a rejuvenation would give in the same timeframe.
Tranq I usually use when its called for in raid settings.
Essence of ghanir is used together with rejuvenations up on most players, I´m guessing in a raid it would be 7+ targets + wild growth up. I would also make sure to use flourish before using essence to get the most out it. Ive found that flourish + essence is synergizing very well.
Iron bark if the tank drops below 40% or called out for by the tank.
Healing touch + regrowth as fillers or even wrath during periods of low healing.

Alts:

I havent lvled any of my alts to 110 yet. my closest one is my paladin at 104. I do have all classes at 100. and a 3 extra druids at 100 and 3 extra dks at 100, mainly for soloing worldbosses and old raids for mounts. If alts are necessary I dont have a problem quickly lvling them up and gearing them.

Professions:

800 tailoring 760 Engineering. Dont have any special recipes I would say.
I choose Engineering and tailoring since back when proffesions gave combat buffs, those were the 2 best proffesions to have as a moonkin. And then I just kept em, mainly for the gold income in WoD selling bags and I kept Engineering for all the gadgets, jeeves,molle, transporters and so on.

Raiding Experience:

Vanilla played as a holy priest.
MC cleared
BWL cleared
Aq20 Cleared
Aq40 Did Frankriss
Naxx40 Did Spiderwing.

TBC played as holy priest and fire mage. priest up to SSC and switched to mage for Hyjal progress.
Kara cleared
Mag lair cleared
Gruuls lair cleared
Tempest keep cleared
Serpentshrine cleared
Hyjal cleared
Black temple cleared
Sunwell cleared

Wotlk played a mage, fire, arcane
Naxx cleared
Eye of eternity and Obsidium sanctum cleared
Had to stop raiding shortly before Ulduar due to irl commitments.

Cata Moonkin druid and guardian druid if a regular tank was missing.
Firelands came back after a long break and started playing a druid. did 7/7 hc but didnt get Dragonwrath before the release of Dragon soul.
Dragon Soul 8/8 heroic at the 20% nerf, 2 day raiding guild which was more social than raidingoriented. I was a raider that later became the raidleader and officer when we started venturing into heroics.

MoP
MSV 6/6 hc, Cutting edge. Guardian druid
Hof 4/6 hc guardian druid
HoF 4/4 normal. guardian druid
ToT 12/13 hc, Cutting edge: Ra-den but missed Lei-shen due to brewmaster/prot pala combo as tanks. guardian druid and also prot pala after progress, gearing up for SoO
SoO rerolled to palatank. 11/14 heroic before it became Mythic. Once again, Irl cought up to me so I couldnt find the time to raid anymore. Stayed for the runs until a trial tank was promoted to raider to make sure the exchange was smooth.

WoD Moonkin druid,
Highmaul 7/7 hc 2/7 mythic 2day raiding guild.
BRF 10/10 normal.
HFC 9/13 Mythic as progress. made a switch from horde to alliance here and one of the old guilds gave me a cheap boost in HFC mythic as a going away-present of sorts. thats why most of my kills are on the same day. on Alliance I joined a guild together with a friend and we progressed up to Xhul.

Previous Guilds:

Vanilla + TBC: I played in Alter ego from vaniila up to Hyjal, where I was contacted by Order of the hammer, which was the current best alliance guild on Shattered hand where I played, and they were in need of a mage so I joined them for the remainder of TBC, doing the progress with them.

Wotlk: I stayed in Order of the hammer during the time I played Wotlk, progressing as a mage classleader. Had to stop playing because of Irl stuff, new job in another city and so on.

Cata: I played in Xyth for Firelands and Dragon soul. Played with them up to MSV.

MoP: Started with Xyth but I wanted to play in a more progress oriented guild, so I joined No U for that tier, but with the alliance side on Shattered Hand being almost dead, recruits was hard to find and eventually we transferred to horde, we raided 10 man and out of 12 raiders, only 7 went horde. Many of the recruits we had wasnt what we were searching for and eventually people started leaving for new guilds, our raidleader dissappeared. So it died out.
I later joined Exercitum for ToT, a 25man raiding guild, we did fairly well, because of lack of commitment from a larger part of the officer squad and the larger part of the grp, it was proposed to us that we should go 10man instead. A guild named Victus was looking to set up a 10man raiding crew complementary to their 25man roster and we did.  2 resets later we had 10/13 down, Dark Animus dropped 2 resets later. I sat out on Leishen and was in to kill Ra-den as a moonkin. We played up to Siegecrafter in SoO without switching a member out, thats where I had to stop it due to once again irl issues. I stayed in there for around 3 more resets finding a new tank that was suitable with them.
WoD: I started in Victus, in their more chill-raiding grp and played up BRF hc with them.
Decided to go Alliance with 2 friends and start raiding more frequently in HFC with Odium. We did 9/13 mythic. Then the drama unfolded. Officers were split, some wanting to relax and go down in raiding days, some wanted to go more hardcore, aiming to be amongst the best on the server. This tear it apart and a big portion of the guild left. making it impossible to recover from. that made me stop raiding for the remainder of HFC and I joined Tokidoki, where I still am as a social.

Availability:

I work mainly between 8-17 mon-friday. I´m usually online a few hours per day if not something else is scheduled. I play alot of golf during spring-autumn so that takes up a fair bit of my sparetime and watch alot of NHL so many late nights during the season which I´m usually semiafking ingame.

Communication:

Yes, I do have teamspeak and a microphone. Not afraid to talk.

Computer / Connection:

I dont have any issues with my computer, I´m not good with computer specs so cant really say what is in it. but it works well, I usually hover around 60-70 fps in raids. I got 100/100 mb from my internet supplier, I dont know what ping I have to Kazzak but on Ravencrest I got between 12-30.
My internet is stable so I rarely disconnect.

Addons/UI:

For purely raiding I use BigWigs,Weakauras,Exorsus Raidtools,Grid2.
Bigwigs because I like it more than DBM, been using it since MoP.
Weakauras to track debuffs, buffs, cooldowns etc during encounters.
Grid2 since I get a better look at the player frames and its easier to customize to what I want to see.

http://imgur.com/o3Se690 This is showing my keybindings.
http://imgur.com/klk1W9Z During combat in VH. Dont have any raidscreens since I redid it from moonkin to resto.

Other Games:

I play some Diablo 3 sometimes,playstation with friends, mainly NHL and other sportgames.

Why Iron Edge?

I would like to join you because it seems like a good fit. 1 day / week sounds like a great thing for me at the moment, with only being able to raid 1-2 days / week due to irl commitments. And you had me at your recruitment post, which I found really inviting.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer a raider that minmaxes his char to the fullest, an active person who will try to play to the best of his potential every try in every raid. I´m active and vocal both ingame and on ts.  I´m also not afraid to try and come up with solutions to problems we may encounter during tries and so on.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wowprogress.

Last Words?

not really, I think I got most of it covered. hope to hear from you soon.

September 20, 2016, 12:27:25 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Druid (Healer) - Englas (XR)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 12:27:25 pm »
Wow! Very impressive application. Our weekend raid officer should be with your application soon and review it, but you definitely have my endorsement.

As a side note, since I see you've learned about us on Wowprogress, the weekend raid has steady progress but it is not the same progress the page advertises for our entire guild. The weekend raid only raids one day of the week.

With that said, I hope to see you in the guild soon!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 20, 2016, 02:21:29 pm
Reply #2

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 02:21:29 pm »
Hello...and holy hell that was such a good app o.O

As Rash mentioned, our team has a steady progression, unlike the main raid. The raids are going to launch a bit quicker in Legion, so i would like to know for sure if you'd like to join us and transfer.

If you decide to join, you can poke me or any other officer for an invite, after your transfer.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:13:46 pm by Xormn »
Ba dun tss!

September 20, 2016, 03:13:07 pm
Reply #3

Offline Englas

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 03:13:07 pm »
Thank you! and I will gladly join.
Only thing is I didnt expect to find a guild that looked this interesting and actually be accepted to it this fast, I did promise some friends to help them out during this reset. I will transfer first thing after that is done. Most likely sunday evening/ night or monday.

I hope this isnt to much of an inconvience for you and I will be there from monday and onwards!

September 20, 2016, 03:22:55 pm
Reply #4

Offline Xormn

• Officer

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 03:22:55 pm »
That's allright.

Welcome!

Poke an officer when you transfer.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:26:31 pm by Xormn »
Ba dun tss!

September 20, 2016, 07:49:11 pm
Reply #5

Offline Shylar

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 07:49:11 pm »
Transferring after you help them would be wise because I believe your raid lockouts will reset once you land in Kazzak.
"I'm not gay, I just appreciate a good cock when I see one."

September 24, 2016, 05:24:02 pm
Reply #6

Offline Xormn

• Officer

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 05:24:02 pm »
I'm going to have to ask if you are comfortable playing DPS, since for some reason we're super stacked on healers at the moment.

I'm going to ask all healers, because we don't need 4+.

Please let me know.
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:07:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

57 Guests, 0 Users