Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Tank) - remrse

September 20, 2016, 12:25:09 am
Read 2793 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Tank) - remrse
« on: September 20, 2016, 12:25:09 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: remrse
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/remrse/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS/Tank)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Name: Gonçalo
Freelancer, former Hotel chef

Class/Spec:

I specialized myself on melee dps but i am very experienced as a tank aswell, i do prefer to play feral but i have nothing against going Tank if needed. So my main spec is feral and off spec would be Guardian druid.
Gear wise at the moment as feral i'm 847 and as a tank i have 846.
Just to explain a bit more on why i do prefer to play a melee role is just by the fact that over time i started specializing myself on all melees, so when progressing i am able to bring the class that the raid needs more or a class that it is missing from the roaster.

In terms of rotation feral druid is pretty straight forward, our main damage comes from our bleeds which a feral druid should keep on the target 100% of the time, since we take some time to ramp our damage by having to get 5 combo points before applying rip, if by any chance we let it drop then we need to build 5 more combo points to apply it again and that is a big dps loss so a feral druid should always stress himself to keep the bleeds up all the time.
In terms of stats we are looking for mastery to increase our bleed damage and a mix of crit and haste prioritizing crit over haste most of the times because of our passive primal fury which give us one more combo point if we crit with an ability.

Alts:

At the moment i have an holy priest 845 raid ready and a warrior that im gearing up and its going to be raid ready before the raids open, like i mentioned before i do not mind at all playing my warrior if needed because as i said i'm specialized in most melee classes and can bring a lot of variety to the table at an high level of play.

Professions:

No cool/special recipes at the moment, focused all my energy on gearing and leveling my chars and trying to get that sweet sweet alabama legendaries which i was lucky enough to get on my priest but none on my melees :\

Raiding Experience:

i raid since vanilla and i've been on very well known guilds, played as an healer for 7 years and tanked some encounters as guardian druid aswell, on the last 3 expansions i specialized on melee dps.
In terms of roles in guilds i guess i did it all from a normal raider to a raid leader or officer.

Previous Guilds:

Most of my experience came from early expansions and as age started to force me to be more responsible i started to become a bit more casual.
I've been on casual guilds or more hardcore guilds such as (Malevolence Incarnate) in frostmane, (In Excelsis) in Frostmane, Nihilium in magtheridon if i remember correctly and on vanilla i was in Wipe Club.
In terms of PvP i was in Doom Squad which was probably one of the best pvp guilds at that time where i achieved gladiator rank
All those guilds i left it after a long long time and always in good terms, the last one im on, the leadership is really weak and their will to make a better guild doesn't exist

Availability:

For now i am completely free to come to raids, i'm starting some projects on the side that i have full control of and atleast for now i have full control of my time.

Communication:

ye thankfully i do think i speak better than i type or atleast i hope so :P. and yes i do have teamspeak and microphone and i can use it.

Computer / Connection:

Pretty good computer no fps problems, i play with around 50 ms and to be fair i have no internet problems apart from the random things that can happen to an ISP and we cant control, but that never really happens.

Addons/UI:

My main addons are DBM, Skada and Weakauras and god i love weakauras having the Whilhelm Scream everytime an important cooldown ends is amazing , in terms of UI i try to keep it pretty simple and as close to the original ui as possible, i just like it more than the others ones.
In terms of keybinds, every single spell in keybinded to something and my "S" key is unbid :P

http://imgur.com/a/CVvwO

Other Games:

I play overwatch at a pretty high level and compete in tournaments and i've played League of Legends as a job for 1 year. other than that i like to try pretty much every new game that comes out aslong as it looks good.

Why Iron Edge?

I do love the idea of raiding in a good guild where i can progress through the raids but at the same time keep a decent schedule as you can imagine being 27 years old bring some responsabilities that we don't have when we are younger so the time i can devote to the game might not always be the same as i use to devote when i was a younger version of me.
And of course the fact that i have a big friend in the guild has a big weight aswell.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

To the guild i can offer commitment, being prepared for raids and always bringing my A game to progression raids, also i like to think of myself as a pretty chilled, friendly and helpful guy

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I heard about the guild from a friend of mine called Ohgodvanish which is a rogue that joined the guild before draenor ended and probably annoyed you already by asking if you have a spot for one more player(me), i've played with him since vanilla and in every expansion after that and we are really good friends since we were kids.

Last Words?

Thanks for taking the time to read my application and wether i join the guild or not, good luck in the raid progression.

Best regards Remrse

September 20, 2016, 12:23:50 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Druid (DPS/Tank) - remrse
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 12:23:50 pm »
Hi Remrse!

I very much enjoyed reading your app and I don't think your written English is bad at all.

I need to have a serious discussion with my melee officer about the possibility of letting in another member, but we don't have any feral druids, so it's possible.

Would have been great if you applied two months ago though, applying 3 days before raiding starts is really too late.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

September 20, 2016, 01:12:42 pm
Reply #2

Offline ohgodvanish

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 01:12:42 pm »
Hey Rash,

This is the guy I was talking about to Phoenix and also asked you before I believe.

He has raided with me and is an IRL friend of mine. He is also a great player and I believe he has quite a few characters well geared for starting raids.

Thumbs up from me! =)

September 20, 2016, 03:33:51 pm
Reply #3

Offline Remrs

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 03:33:51 pm »
Hey guys and thanks for considering the app.

Yeah Vanish told me to apply before, but it was during my vacations and raid break so when i came back i totally forgot with all the stuff going on around me, and this last 2 weeks i was farming gear 24/7 and i kinda delayed it don't really know why.

If you have any questions feel free to ask in here, ingame or in voice comms.

September 20, 2016, 11:31:20 pm
Reply #4

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 11:31:20 pm »
Hey Remrs,

nice application! After extensive and thorough discussion with Rashkebab we came to the conclusion that we can fit another melee in, especially if he brings more diversity to the raid in the form of a feral (which I heard are quite good right now). In that sense,

you can poke me or another officer for an invite! Be there on thursday, 7:45pm server time.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:27:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

45 Guests, 0 Users