Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Lainera

November 29, 2016, 05:53:31 pm
Read 3574 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Lainera
« on: November 29, 2016, 05:53:31 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Lainera
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Lainera/advanced
Class/Spec: Paladin (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

I'm Kevin, 23 years old from Germany.
I'm a student, studying from home for my Abitur after having work for 4.5 years and decided it's not for me and I want more in life.
I enjoy a wide variety of TV shows, reading, music - the general things everyone does.
Currently enjoying Pokemon Sun/Moon to the fullest and working through some older games from my backlog.
Also into everything Asia - food, music etc.
I own dog, too.

Class/Spec:

Main spec: Retribution

886 artifact
5 Wrath of the Ashbringer traits
30 traits overall
878 ilvl

Offspec: Holy

886 artifact
4 Shock Treatment
18 traits overall (first gold)
871 ilvl

I go for Haste+Crit > Vers > Mastery at this point. Haste just helps smoothing out the rotation, especially when playing Zeal and Crit is just a very useful stat overall.
Versatility can be good, but is really rare to find without sacrificing either huge amounts of haste or crit.

Paladin doesn't really have a rotation, it's sort of a priority system:

Make sure to never use TV/DS without an active judgement if possible, never overcap on Holy Power.
Try keep at least 1 charge of CS/Zeal used, use BoW on cooldown without overcapping on HP.

Alts:

I have a 110 Demon Hunter which I started the expansion with, I quit playing him in favor of returning to my Paladin after the first Mythic EN kill.

Professions:

Alchemy to make myself flask and pots for no costs. I got strength flask rank 3, sadly old war only at 2 for now.
Jewelcrafting to make my own gems, too.
Don't have any special recipes, I mainly pick what is useful for raiding.

Raiding Experience:

T8, T9, T10 and RS- Anathema on EU-Wrathbringer. Cleared all content during it’s active time.

T19 - The Dreamcatchers - Went up to 3/7M before I left.

Previous Guilds:

I played in Anathema during WotlK times on the German server Wrathbringer.
Then for longest time I haven't been in any guild, and actually had sold my account due to reallife commitments and me thinking I wouldn't come back to this game anymore.
Only with Legion started up again to raid in a guild environment, although I started up a new account as far back as late Cataclysm.
I joined The ÐreamCatchers, which I have now left due progression not going at a pace I was comfortable with and the raid leadership and environment not working and unlikely to improve.

Availability:

Generally every day for raiding at around 7-7:30pm, but will mostly be around aside from that too.
I study from home, so I have a lot of freedom over when I do what.

Communication:

Yes, I would say I'm fairly proficient.
I have a mic and I use it, everything works.

Computer / Connection:

No disconnects, stables 200/100 connection.
No FPS issues either (Xeon E3-1231 v3, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD)

Around 20-25ms to Kazzak.

Addons/UI:

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/gRxY3tV.jpg

I use DBM for raiding, Weakauras for everything I need to see quickly and then a heavily modified ElvUI.
All keybinds that are relevant are shown.

Other Games:

DotA2, tons of single-player games (Shadow of Mordor and Pokemon Sun/Moon right now), sometimes CS:GO.

Why Iron Edge?

Your raid times fit perfectly with when I'm available in the evenings, so I'd never have to miss a raid.
You have good progress, so I'm hopeful for the future by joining you guys.
It also seems to be a very diverse guild, seeing that you have a Mythic team, a weekend team and groups for other things, so this might be a lively guild which I appreciate, too.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Full dedication throughout the raid. I bring my own food, flask and potions - make sure I'm always up to date with class-specific ways to deal with certain boss mechanics.
I'm always aiming to go higher than I am right now, and strive to improve my gameplay.
I also know when to follow orders of the raidleader and to listen to things I am told.
I'm able to take criticism very well, and will generally ask for more details on what is being criticized so I can improve it as much as possible. Outside of raids I'm always free to talk to and chill around with, I'm fairly sociable and try to integrate myself into new groups.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress.

Last Words?

I'd like to ask you that if just this application doesn't win you over, I'd be free for a direct interview over voice anytime. I really want to progress at a higher rate, and am hoping you will be my station to do.

I'm actively working on  catching up with my artifact as I only rerolled fairly late and have only got 30 traits so far.

November 29, 2016, 08:16:48 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Paladin (DPS) - Lainera
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 08:16:48 pm »
Hi Lainera,

As a fellow ret I have to ask your talent choices for level 45 and 75 and also the choice of zeal on single target burst fights majority aka eye, Ursoc, xavius dragons, spider, well every boss basically.

Rest do have a priority in stats which I think you might of missed where they buffed the value of mastery to be greater than stacking versatility. I understand with the gear currently that crit and haste are ideal but not as easily obtainable. The last point is that Ursoc trinket isn't as good as it looks for rets I have found out myself and there are better out and about.

My questions to you are do you have any recent logs so the officers can go over, and can you explain when it is best to change talents depending on style of fight as zeal on Ursoc is just no.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

November 29, 2016, 09:37:25 pm
Reply #2

Offline Yasuhan

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 09:37:25 pm »
Hey,

I'll try answering everything, but first - my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11711377/10/

The mythic logs look pretty meh, but I am mainly accounting that to how badly those kills went with my old guild. The fights were always incredibly messy.

As to most of the other stuff you mentioned:

I use Zeal simply because it sims higher, and Ursoc even gets an additional add so it pulls even more ahead of Fires on that fight. And the Ursoc trinket is 880, higher by a lot than most of my other trinkets. If other, high ilvl trinkets had been dropping for me I'd be using those.

The 45/75 tier is pretty irrelevant, and using anything from the 75 tier is DPS loss anyway.

Also, Mastery is not ahead of vers on stat prio, at low% (0-10) versatility is highest prio compared to other stats, and mastery is ret's worst stat. At higher ilvls crit/vers is the goal.

I don't really want to argue on my application or anything. But how I jumped to all my conclusions comes down to personal testing, sims and consulting my high-ranking paladin friend, (Khunee - The Maelstrom, if you want to check him), as well as several other paladins in the theorycrafting discord for Paladins.

If there's anything you'd like to discuss in more detail, I'd prefer doing so over voice. In writing I feel I always come off wrong to people and they get the wrong idea, so talking about it would be preferred for me.

November 29, 2016, 10:57:43 pm
Reply #3

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 10:57:43 pm »
Fair enough,

I've been a bit casual too much it seems last few months but surely the more mastery acquired will become a stronger stat than versatility. I get the ilvl thing and I assumed as much that's the only reason you was using it. Logs look decent as well.

Good luck on the apply

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

December 01, 2016, 01:11:43 am
Reply #4

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 01:11:43 am »
Hey Lainera,

Don't worry about not wanting to argue with Vejeta. Nobody does, really. I gotta say I like your application and I like your logs. I'd love to give you a trial!

You can whisper me or another officer for an invite.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:50:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

41 Guests, 2 Users
Bürküt, Naasty