Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (Tank) - Vadåbannad

December 02, 2016, 07:52:52 pm
Read 4203 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (Tank) - Vadåbannad
« on: December 02, 2016, 07:52:52 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Vadåbannad
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Vad%C3%A5bannad/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (Tank)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Elias, I am 19 years old I live in Sweden and as for now, I currently work as a removal man.

Class/Spec:

I am playing a protection warrior, and I currently have 880ilvl, and as for arms which is my off-spec, I have an ilvl of 870.

As a protection warrior, I first of all want to reach my haste cap as it is my #1 prio. It is around 25%, Does not hurt if it is a bit over but it is minimum 25%, which I of course also have reached. As a secondary stat, you have the option to either go for mastery or versatility as they're equally good.

And as for the rotation, there really is none, but instead more of a priority to follow. The absolute maingoal is to keep the shieldblock active all the time you are being attacked by something, which is also why you need at least 25% haste. Other than that, you want to be using your shield slam as soon as it is available, as it not only refreshes the shieldblock by another 2 seconds which saves you rage to other things, also is your main damaging ability. When shield slam is on cooldown you want to be mashing devestate as it has the possibility to proc shildslam, taking it off cooldown.

With the rage, I want to be spending it on focused rage and ignore pain. In a pattern where I never use them twice after eachother, as I use the talent Vengeance which reduces the cost of them both if used after eachother.

I have probably missed something as it is quite hard to explain my whole class and spec in text. But I would gladly continue to exlpain the current state of the protection warrior if you think it is lacking!

Alts:

I am currently gearing several tank alts.

Professions:

Mining/herbalism

Raiding Experience:

I have played wow since vanilla, but I did not start raiding seriously until ToC. i cleared the content up to ICC, and at this point i decided that I wanted to dedicate myself some more, and actually progress.

I managed to down sindragosa on heroic 10man before the major nerfs, but unfortunately not lich king before the major nerfs. I kept on raiding in Cataclysm and cleard BD, TotFW and BoT all on heroic. I stopped through firelands as I had a lot to do in school during that time, but came back and cleared dragon souls on heroic. When MoP released I choose to focus on PvP entierly as once again. School took over my time, and PvP being less timeconsuming. I did come back for SoO though, but did nothing special other than clearing it on heroic (at this time, mythic got released in the WoD prepatch. So I did not clear it on mythic)

I did not enjoy WoD at all, so I quit short after clearing Highmaul on heroic.

I came back in the prepatch for legion, being really dedicated for some hardcore progressionraiding. Starting out really great with my past guild plonkan, which ended up with my account being hacked for around 3 weeks ago. I am once again back with a new protection warrior (the one linked in armory before, with 880) and have managed to reach 4/7M before we decided to disband the guild as we where not enough people to get raids going. And the leadership did not want to start recruiting internationally.

Previous Guilds:

<Plonkan>, We disbanded for 2 days ago as we lacked raiders, and being a swedish only guild having a hrad time for great recruits. The leadership did not want to start recruiting internationally and we decided to split.

Availability:

I am available everyday after 16.00 ST and I am almost always playing until around 01.00 ST.

Communication:

I have never had a problem making myself understood in english, as well as understanding other people speaking english. I do have Teamspeak 3 and I am able to both listen and speak, which I love to frequenlty do with guildies.

Computer / Connection:

I have a great computer running wow at 60fps+ on medium in raids, never dipping. And my ping to kazzak is never above 30ms, with my stable 1000/100mbit fiber connection.

Addons/UI:

https://i.gyazo.com/83e8baab841ec5c510015d7fe61c5a6d.jpg

I use DBM, to keep me help track of raidmechanics and skada to keep track of the dps.

I also use WeakAuras 2 to keep track of some of my own buffs, as well as for some special boss mechanics which requires to be set up manually, such as ursoc debuffs.

Other Games:

Right now, I only focus on world of warcraft.

Why Iron Edge?

It looks like a guild with a bunch of nice guys, having great progress.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I offer great dedication both while raiding, as well as when doing things such as mythic keystones out of raiding.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WowProgress

Last Words?

<3

December 03, 2016, 02:55:28 am
Reply #1

Offline kensan

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (Tank) - Vadåbannad
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 02:55:28 am »
Hello Vadåbannad

What kind of mouse are you using?
In what situations do you use intercept?
Do you use any macros? If so which ones?

December 04, 2016, 08:24:05 pm
Reply #2

Offline vadåbannad

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 08:24:05 pm »
Hey Kensan! I am using a razer naga, therefor my very wierd looking keybindings!

As for my macros, I am using my mouseover taunt, as well as mouseover intercept and mouseover interrupt macros.

When playing with a paladin, I am also using a cancelaura blessing of protection, as it might be needed in various situations.

As for intercept, I use it as a rage-generator the most of the times, but also as a damage-mitigation for certain boss abilitys that intercept can soak. Most cases it is when the other tank may be under high pressure, and could use 1 less melee hit in order to be healed up.

/Vadåbannad

December 04, 2016, 08:38:37 pm
Reply #3

Offline kensan

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 08:38:37 pm »
Very nice.

December 05, 2016, 05:37:19 pm
Reply #4

Offline vadåbannad

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 05:37:19 pm »
Thank you.

I could also go arms, as I play it a lot in arena and pvp in general. Though, I do prefer protection .

December 06, 2016, 02:36:36 pm
Reply #5

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 02:36:36 pm »
Hi there Vadåbannad!

We could use another tank right now, so I'd like to offer you a trial.

You can poke an officer for an invite. Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:57:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

52 Guests, 1 User
Spetsnaz