Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Weekend Raider Application - Warrior (Tank) - Donares

March 21, 2017, 10:43:21 pm
Read 3549 times

Applicant

Weekend Raider Application - Warrior (Tank) - Donares
« on: March 21, 2017, 10:43:21 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the Weekend Raid.

Character: Donares
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Donares/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (Tank)
Member Type: wraider

Personal Info:

Lukas, 22. I have lived in Copenhagen the majority part of my life, but moved to Spain (Marbella) two years ago to study and work. Currently studying for my bachelor Degree (International Business and Management) and mean while working as a full time real estate agent.

Class/Spec:

I definitely prefer playing as a protection warrior. As far as I can remember I started playing wow back in 2006. Since then, I have been playing protection warrior, in every single expansion.  I really enjoy the mechanics of the protection warrior. Its playstyle has of coursed changed a lot throughout the years but has always seemed to be my favorite class and specc to play. The appearance it self of being a huge, clumsy Tauren Warrior with a big shield is very enjoyable as well!

From a raiding perspective, I have tried it all. Melee DPS, ranged DPS, & healer. And none of them are to my liking. I do not enjoy the dps race, and healing has never been my thing.

Fury warrior has mainly been my off specc, unless the Arms specc has been superior. It is not a specc I want to main, but without doubt a specc that I am able to play on a high-end level.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/protection-warrior-pve-tank-guide

... Jokes aside.

Keeping an uptime of Demoralizing shout, Shield Block, & ignore pain is of course a priority.
Shield Slam - Revenge - Devastate when it comes to DPS.

It of course changed from fight to fight, but this is my main rotations.
The warrior is also very swift in the form of Charge and Heroic leap, which allows for a lot of creativity, and fast thinking/actions.

I am a very big fan of pawn. And I use these measurements of stats for my warrior: Stamina [12.08] > Strength [9.08] > Haste [7.58] > Mastery [6.08] > Versatility [4.58] > Crit [3.08]

Alts:

Relevant? Not at all. I have a 109 DH. lvl 100 paladin, rogue, priest, hunter.

Because of a small break from the game I have not yet managed to level up any of my alts. That is of course on the agenda.

Professions:

Blacksmithing / Jewelcrafting

I once believed that these professions would be useful, and reward me with wealth, as they once did.
I was wrong.

- Bad Investment.

Raiding Experience:

Vanilla: Started playing, no real raiding experience.

TBC: Started raiding casually, downed most raids except Sunwell and Last few bosses of BT.

Wotlk: This was my prime time. Main tank in one of the top guilds on Chromaggus, was a part of a nice community and had a lot of fun. Cleared everything.

Cataclysm: I did not really raid that much in Cata,  a little bit of casual raiding but nothing particular because I was not a fan of the direction WoW was heading.

Pandaria: Same story as Cataclysm. Nothing particular raiding experience.

WoD: In WoD I gave it a shot and committed myself to a danish guild. In the last part of WoD we managed to clear 8/13 Mythic.

Legion: In the beginning of Legion I was all in for the high-end raiding, I had gotten my motivation back and was all set for the launch.  With the danish guild I was a part of we set to achieve great results, and we did. We went from guild number I don't know what in WoD to be in the top 50 guilds on Kazzak in Legion. I  left that guild, which is explained in the post below. After that I joined FatSharkYes on a trial, as DPS. It was of course exciting to be part of one of the very best guilds out there, but also very frustrating. As I simply could not find the time to prepare myself and raid that much. After the encounter with FatSharkYes I took a break. Mainly because I had trouble finding the right community to be part of, but also put some extra energy into my work.

Previous Guilds:

To simplify I will start from the Legion expansion.

Unfortunately for me, the danish guild I was a part of (HELIOS) was a close group of friends IRL. During our mythic progress they invited one of their friends that recently had moved to the server to play with them, and he had a lot of experience from a top 100 alliance guild somewhere. He mained feral (tank) druid. I therefore got replaced, which in my opinion was fair enough. He was a great player indeed.

During my short visit at FatSharkYes I learned a lot, and experienced a lot, of how one of the best guilds in the world "functions". As shortly described in the post above, it was very time consuming, and was simply not a hobby I would prioritize compared to my daily life schedule. I therefore chose to leave.

Availability:

Weekends are usually the only time I am available. Usually I'll get home from work at 6-7 ish, and I would therefore not be able to attend a 2-4 days raiding guild, since I have to cook myself a meal, walk my dogs, study etc..

Which is why your weekend raiding team is perfect for me!

Communication:

Yes I am proficient in English, I even got a diploma to prove it!!

I do have teamspeak 3 and I am well know with the program. I do have a microphone and I do use it.

Computer / Connection:

I am far from an expert when it comes to the technical stuff. But I bought a new Desktop computer 2 weeks ago, and its pretty fucking decent. Two 23inch screens is hooked up as well, so I can skype with your moms meanwhile raiding.

No FPS issues, No ping issues. No disconnects so far.

Though, I predict that one day my dogs or cat will  chew the Ethernet cord to pieces.

Addons/UI:

My current list of addons goes as follows:

AtlasLoot - Information
Bagnon - Accessibility
Bartender - Looks / Easy Key binding
Grid -  Better raid frame than the one wow is offering.
KUI - Smooth name plates.
MSBT - Easy adjustable, looks.
Pawn - Important information.
Recount - Important information.
Weakauras - Great addon. Better perspective of active skills, cooldowns, rage etc.
DBM -  Do I have to mention?

- I usually don't have my bars with abilities on the screen. As I should know my key bindings. So in a week from now The bars will be gone and only my weakauras will be visible.

http://imgur.com/gallery/zfXduZs

Sorry for the split-screen screenshot. But I did not know how to only do it on one screen, so I therefore present my FM Career!

Other Games:

I am addicted to Football manager, even though the 2017 version is shit.

Played a bit on the Nostalrious servers with some friends of mine, but it quickly became boring.
Sometimes Counter-Strike GO. Its a rare occasion though.

Why Iron Edge?

I was mainly interested because of the weekends team raid schedule and current progress.

After checking out the website it seems to me that you guys have a really nice and warm community going on. It motivated me to put some extra effort into this application, as I would like to be a part of it.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer a lucrative asset. With a high rate of fun and expertise. I see myself as a veteran in the world of Azeroth and would like to continue my journeys with a great community of friends.

I am a very stable player, and as the role of a tank, I do know the importance of me showing up to every single raid.

I come prepared. Well known about the tactics, flasks/food etc.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Trade chat!!  

Last Words?

Well, I guess if Pheonixflame's dog is allowed here, so is mine. So here is some pictures of my dogs.

If my application is accepted, you might be lucky enough to get a picture of my cat as well.

http://imgur.com/BPWAjK0

http://imgur.com/rvpnUny
(Sorry, I did not have a banana for scale)'

Anyways, If you have any questions feel free to ask regarding my application feel free to ask.

March 21, 2017, 10:57:44 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Warrior (Tank) - Donares
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 10:57:44 pm »
First of all, your right bout football manager 2017.... its weird compared to the rest.

Secondly very nice application, im sure xorm will agree too, good luck on the apply.

You can never be put down for effort into an application, trust me theres some people out there that think a one word answer is a sure fire way to get in any guild :)

Good luck

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

March 22, 2017, 08:03:43 am
Reply #2

Offline Xormn

• Officer

• (former) Weekend Raid Leader

Re: Weekend Raider Application - Warrior (Tank) - Donares
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 08:03:43 am »
Hello there.

This is, indeed a very well written application. You do, however, need to gear up a bit. But I'm willing to give you a trial. You can join the normal runs to get some gear.

Poke me or any other officer for an invite.
Ba dun tss!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:39:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

31 Guests, 0 Users