Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Zetsumai

March 22, 2017, 09:00:19 pm
Read 3455 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Zetsumai
« on: March 22, 2017, 09:00:19 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Zetsumai
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Zetsumai/advanced
Class/Spec: Priest (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Heya, I am a 22 year old full-time student from South Africa.  Gaming has been one of my main hobbies my entire life and recently picked up WoW in 2015 where I've been Mythic raiding since HFC and loving it!

Class/Spec:

I can play all specs of my class preferring to off spec Discipline to Holy and thus where I am allocating my artifact power to. Shadow i896-900(Depending on trinkets), Discipline i891 and Holy i894.

For stats on Shadow Priest I simulate my character after upgrading any gear piece to get stat weights and use that to import the pawn string to StatWeightScore in game to see if an item is an upgrade/downgrade beforehand. The usual stat weights for Shadow are Haste > Mastery > Int > Crit > Vers though Haste and Mastery are interchangeable depending on how much haste you have and Crit raises in value if you take Auspicious Spirits on cleave for fights like Tichondrius or Spell Blade.

For rotation with Shadow Priest it is casting Mind blast with high priority outside of Void Form while maintaining your DoTs. Using Mind Flay as a filler until you have enough insanity to activate Void Eruption. In Shadow form, with the 4set you want to cast you 5 Void Bolts immediately, 6 Void bolts during Bloodlust, Mind Blast and then immediately Void Torrent afterwards.  You then need to follow the priority of Void Torrent > Void Bolt > Mind Blast while making sure you have DoTs on your targets as well as Mind Flaying as your filler. Once you hit 20 Void Form stacks or have 15 seconds left of Bloodlust you want to use Power Infusion and stacking it with Shadowfiend which will raise you haste above 122% which results in only 1 GCDs in between casts instead of 2. You want to use Shadow Word: Death in execution phases or on adds but making sure to waste the insanity generation from it.

Alts:

Zhaitaan: Death Knight iLvl 887.
Xhaitan:   Warlock Level 110.
Reish:       Rogue Level 110.
Zhaitan:   Demon Hunter level 110.
Kihaku:    Druid level 110.

Reish, Zhaitan and Kihaku are on another server but I'm looking to transfer them to Kazzak once I find a stable guild.

Professions:

First off Engineering, this is to get the AH in Dalaran mainly and I find some of the gadgets very ammusing. Alchemy, this is to be self sufficient in crafting my own raiding potions and flasks more cheaply. No cool/special recipes =(

Raiding Experience:

Began playing WoW in 2015 after having previously played and raided in a number of other MMOs. Joined the guild "Glory" on Lightbringer-EU and cleared 13/13M HFC with them. Here is a link to those logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10757509/8/

Once Legion hit in 2016 "Glory" as a guild had high hopes with our team and our aim was to maintain a Top 1000 going into Legion. Things quickly fell apart with leadership and ended clearing 4/7M EN before transferring to Horde. Here is a link to those logs :
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10757509/10/

Transferred to a top 500 2 night raiding guild named "Operation Eskimo" on Ragnaros. Cleared 7/7M and 1/3M ToV with them before re-rolling Priest. Here is a link to those logs :
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/20461286/10/

After having reached 54 traits and a reasonable iLvl on my Priest I joined "Dont Release" and have done 4/10M with them with 2 nights progression on Spell Blade of which I can say I know the fight backwards at this stage though I imagine different guilds use different tactics. The logs on my Priest are not the impressive as I have been -10ilvls behind most Mythic raiders though if you look at the iLvl percentages they are pretty decent with a 100% percentile on the Krosus kill for my iLvl at the time. Here is a link to those logs :
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/22730592/latest

Previous Guilds:

First raided with Glory for quite some time ended up leaving them once the Guild master decided to take a break who also the raid leader which resulted in a lot of raiders moving on. The server we were located on as also really small which resulted in very weak trials being recruited and maintaining a competitive roster while still being nice and understanding to everyone was nearly impossible

Transferred to Operation Eskimo, a very hardcore 2 day guild. I didn't enjoy the atmosphere of hardcore raiding with people being very unsympathetic to my fellow raiders based on their religions/race and it wasn't a guild I wanted to be a part of.  

I applied to "Lucid Dream" on Kazzak and got accepted on the 1st of March for trial after taking a short break from raiding while re-rolling to Shadow Priest. I whispered an officer for an invite and he told me how their Guildmaster had quit and they were transferring the raid team to another guild named "Dont Release". Raided happily with them this month so far including a very exhilirating Krosus kill and then tonight the new Guildmaster of "Dont Release" announced that he is quitting and the guild along with raiding will cease operations as no one is willing to take the burden of leadership.

Availability:

On a normal week which is basically anytime outside of exam periods which are usually 2 weeks a semester in May and November I am available 100% of the time Monday to Thursday and Sunday night. I am disciplined with my studies during the day however if the raid is the night before an exam I will likely ask if I may take the night off to get a good nights rest.

Communication:

I am very proficient in English as it is my first language. I have Teamspeak 3, can listen and use microphone to make calls etc.

Computer / Connection:

Very decent computer, it's what I spend all my money on. My internet is very stable with no disconnection issues. I play on 200ms which in WoW doesn't make a difference whatsoever and I use the spell-queuing add on/script that allows me to effectively get my casts off at 0ms.

Addons/UI:

http://imgur.com/a/tF6Zp

I use Elvui, Weakauras2 of which I mostly make my own, Skada, Angry Assignments, Exorsus and DBM.

Other Games:

Anything new. Been playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided and looking forward to Mass Effect Andromeda. I play some League of Legends and Battlefield 1 with friends occasionally on the weekends.

Why Iron Edge?

I really need a nice stable guild to call home that is interested in Mythic Progression as I am so I can enjoy the beautiful game of WoW at it's fullest.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am very good at analyzing logs and finding mistakes or patterns that the raid is making and solutions to these mistakes. I enjoy watching replays on Warcraftlogs to see how other guilds do bosses and compare this to how my raiding team is doing it in order to find mistakes or possible tactics that we can follow to make the fight simpler for everyone. As an individual player I always know the mechanics of the boss beforehand by watching videos, reading guides and watching Warcraftlogs replays. I feel that I play my spec to it maximum potential though it is harder for me to gauge that at the moment being behind on the gear curve in terms of rankings.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

WoWprogress

Last Words?

Looking forward to any questions you may ask.

March 22, 2017, 09:04:48 pm
Reply #1

Offline Zetsumai

• Vendor Trash

Re: Raider Application - Priest (DPS) - Zetsumai
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 09:04:48 pm »
Registered on this account and ready to answer any questions =)

March 24, 2017, 12:34:54 am
Reply #2

Offline Mooneclipse

• Officer

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 12:34:54 am »
Hiyo Zetsumai,

You seem to be doing quite well, and are rather knowledgeable about your own class, with the logs to back it up. Unfortunately at the moment the ranged roster in our guild is a tad bit crammed, so bringing in more will force people to stay longer on the infamous benchwarming raid spot.

I do wish you the best of luck in finding a guild, hope you find what you are looking for!
"You smell so much nicer when you're awake"

March 24, 2017, 02:10:43 am
Reply #3

Offline Zetsumai

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 02:10:43 am »
Aww that sucks but I understand. Good luck on your progression and thanks for reading my long application and considering it =)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:58:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

44 Guests, 0 Users