Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Hanyaa

May 08, 2017, 08:17:23 pm
Read 4453 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Hanyaa
« on: May 08, 2017, 08:17:23 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Hanyaa
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Hanyaa/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Bram,  26, Belgium, I got a master degree in Computer science and about to finish my master degree in Medieval history.

Class/Spec:

I prefer playing Outlaw but don't mind playing sub either. I'm used to respec or character change to whatever is needed really from previous guilds.

I think gear is the biggest weakness of my application cause I only returend to the game for a little over a week.

Well with the game beeing kinda simplified this explanation is also quiet simple these days.

For outlaw rogues what I have read and tested in spreads these days it is : Agility(1 to 1 raiting)>Versatility(1 to 0.6 raiting) > Crit > Mastery and Haste.

For rotation:
SS as main Combo generator.
Pistol Shot only when you got a proc and not Energy capped or above 4 CP
Run through to dumb the combo points in when you got a roll the bones buff active.
Roll the bones to get the buffs aim for atleast two buffs or True bearing.
All cds on CD but try to keep them combined specialy AR and CotD

On combo points it is best to spend them once you hit 5 cause of double procs and so on. And looking at dps analyses it gives a slighter higher dps out put then using them on 6 and risk waisting a CP.

Alts:

My old main and most raid experience
Warrior Hanyá : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodfeather/Hany%C3%A1/simple
Got around 410 days played on him

Monk Hanyaa : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodfeather/Hanyaa/simple
Played him during WoD.

Professions:

Since it is a char boosted character I'm still building it up.

Raiding Experience:

I'll try to keep it short but I started playing the game during the Beta of vanila so.

Started raiding during vanila on a warlock from a friend(He didn't enjoy it so he farmed and I raided) Cleared all content except the last three of Naxxramas though I personaly never found vanila a challenge pressing one button whole raid and not standing in stuff wasn't to big of a skill level.

The real raiding started when I made my own acount during TBC and cleared all content on the normal curve. at that point we were around rank 1000 untill we couldn't kill KJ in SWP even after nerf cause part of our raiding core had DC isseus.

In Wotlk I cleared everything on normal curve with most achievments and hardmodes in Ulduar. During ICC I got shadowmourne as first of the guild which was quiet an honour at that point. Sadly enough my Guild at that point quitted raiding and decided to step up my game and went to search for more hardcore guilds. I ended up joinging a top 600 guild at that point to Finish of ICC  and get ready for Cata.

In Cata I cleared everything top 500 of the first tier of raiding except one boss in BoT cause all melee was nearly benched for it. During Firelands I stepped back raiding cause of some isseus to return during DS and finishing the expantion.

For MoP I decided to join a 10 man guild with old friends who were trying to push for top 100 kills sadly enough it didn't work out and joined a top 100 guild on Zenedar to get my higest rank kill on Heroic Elegon top 60 if I remember. During this raided tier I got kinda burned out at this point I was playing the game since start with mostly 5 day raiding weeks sometimes 7 days. I did return during Last tier to play with friends from old guild and healed for them During start of WoD but they ended up struggeling with getting numbers to raid so decided to leave the game until like a two weeks ago cause of more time and actualy really liking what I saw from Legion.

Previous Guilds:

Most important ones.

Wild Cards(Bloodfeather) - Disbanded
Unending(Bloodfeather) - Disbanded
Ninth Order(Frostmane) - Left to join friend's guild and to take a break in Fireland
Aspire(Bloodfeather) - Disbanded
Darkstorm(Zenedar) - Got burned out which affected preformance so I couldn't keep up with what they demanded

Availability:

I used to have a 100% raid attandence for over 7 years. The main reason I apply here is your really nice raiding shedule so at the moment I don't got anything planned which should prevent me from raiding. Though I do travel from time to time but I always know sometime a head.

Communication:

Though my English ain't great when writing I do got a mic and I use it. Though during raids I prefer the raid leader talking or people giving crucial info.

Computer / Connection:

Got no fps or connection isseus.

Addons/UI:

At the moment I'm not using any cause I kinda lost my faith in them and with the changes to UI I can modify it enough to what I need in what location.

For raiding I do tent to use somesort of boss mods and auras to make the right warnings.

Other Games:

I play CSGO (LEM rank) and used to play LoL(Plat4). Though I avoid lol these days cause of the flamefest over there.

Why Iron Edge?

I really miss raiding but don't have the time to raid 5 days a week anymore and you guys seem to have the same Idea as me about raiding and actualy clear stuff on the few days you raid. Besides that saw some pictures of the guild meetings and a guild always works better if there is a social aspect.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Well I can offer a long history of raiding experience and a lot of attendence. I know at the moment my gear isn't anywhere near where I would want it to be for raiding (these days people want you to have 910+ to run a 0 mythic dungeon)

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

Sorry for the bad English!

May 09, 2017, 02:47:13 pm
Reply #1

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - Hanyaa
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 02:47:13 pm »
Hey dude,

Welcome back to the world after your extended break, this game sucks you back in!

As a player from expansions gone by the game has changed quite a bit since you were playing at end game; what do you think of the AP grind now? Speaking of which, what level of Artifact Knowledge do you have currently? Also, what about your weapon? What trait level are you sitting at?

We are currently progressing on the Elisandre Mythic, most of us are 47 traits with max Artifact Knowledge currently; as you have yet to break the 900 gear mark you are very far behind us; do you think it's possible to catch up?

What class and spec were you playing at your peak? You said your rogue was a boosted character, were you performing at your highest on a rogue?

During last night's raid the topic of extending came up, from the looks of things the main raid will be extending the lockout every week so we can kill Guldan before the next patch.  You might have missed the boat for this tier.

Iron Edge has a weekend raid and a To Old for This raid, maybe your application would be better suited to either of those.

One thing though, running mythic plus is by far the best way to get gear, or farming Nethershards in the Broken Shore.  It might be worth grinding that content out to get your ilvl up.

Best of luck!

May 09, 2017, 03:33:47 pm
Reply #2

Offline Hanyaa

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 03:33:47 pm »
Hi ,

Tbh not a big fan of the AP grind changes but what to do about it. Got some free time at this point and trying to catch up with some speed but it takes time you are right about that. Currently sitting on 32 traits and 30 knowledge.

During my peak I mained DPS warrior(linked him at the alts) but also played rogue and Dk when needed. I do adept really well to new classes.

And I know I'm behind that's what you get for joining again in the middle of content but thought to see what comes out from it. I know mythic dungeons is the way to catch but most of my buddies quitted ages ago so i'm depended on pug groups which isn't the fastest process either.

May 09, 2017, 04:19:06 pm
Reply #3

Amstrup

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 04:19:06 pm »
Hey Hanyaa

Considers trying to do alot of Broken Shore's content.

The WQ gives more AP, the cache you get from contributing to the buildings drop alot of legendaries and the relinquished gear you buy for nethershards are above NH NM gear, while still being able to roll into tier gear and TF. While talking about nethershards; Do the treasure hunter questline (If you haven't yet finished it) as the WQ you unlock from it can provide you with alot of "free" shards.
Doing this, at your iLvl, should be somewhat faster than spamming m+ :)

May 14, 2017, 03:23:27 pm
Reply #4

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 03:23:27 pm »
Hey Hanyaa,

sorry for the long delay in answering your application! I looked over it now and I have to say decent app, but the thing I primarily noticed was your lack of gear. Since this tier is almost over and we are pushing for Gul'Dan before Tomb of Sargeras comes out, I cannot realistically offer you a spot in our roster at the moment. What I can offer you is that you join as a social, get a little geared up and I can properly trial you when Tomb begins and the gear difference gets evened out. How does that sound?

May 14, 2017, 04:00:44 pm
Reply #5

Offline Hanyaa

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 04:00:44 pm »
Sounds like a more then fair offer! It also gives me time to get back in to the game more decent!

May 14, 2017, 05:45:14 pm
Reply #6

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 05:45:14 pm »
Alright, in that case: Welcome aboard! You can whisper me or another officer for an invite.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:59:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

57 Guests, 1 User
mortos