Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Shaj (XR)

July 08, 2017, 05:09:48 pm
Read 5321 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Shaj (XR)
« on: July 08, 2017, 05:09:48 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Shaj
Server: AlAkir
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/AlAkir/Shaj/advanced
Class/Spec: Warrior (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Mattias, age 29, Estonia, working in IT industry. Chars on Al-Akir server currently, obviously looking to transfer in case you consider me for trial.

Class/Spec:

Arms over Fury, though I don't mind playing Fury too, Arms is just more fun (and buffed as of late). Around 920 ilvl with both.

Mastery and haste prio, except in case it would impact having ToS 4pc. I use both Trauma and Rend builds depending on the encounter. Using first in conjuction with sweeping strikes for AOE encounters (Bladestorm/CS/MS/Execute/Cleave/Whirlwind ordering) and second for single target (CS/Rend/Bladestorm/MS/Execute/Slam). Use Khakhan's weakauras.

Alts:

Shayeash, tank (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alakir/shayeash/simple). Eventually planning to level up a Mistweaver (level 45 atm) and my old warlock (level 83 atm).

Professions:

Alchemy, herbalism; enchanting, herbalism on alt. No special recipes.

Raiding Experience:

I used to play in Vanilla/WotLK, was main tank of my guild back in MC days. Started playing again in September with launch of Legion. Curves from all Legion content, everything has been done in PUG groups.

Previous Guilds:

Kalevlased, existing Mythic group (which I never participated in) disbanded with people joining other guilds.

Availability:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday evening times. Working a normal 9-5 job and also need time with GF and for working out.

Communication:

My daily work language is English, I have TS3 and can listen, have mic but I usually don't talk much.

Computer / Connection:

Yes, I have a decent gaming PC for playing, never have issues with connections.

Addons/UI:

UI: http://imgur.com/a/rLQ5y.

For raiding, I use boss weakauras and spec-specific weakauras, DBM, Skada.

Other Games:

Hearthstone.

Why Iron Edge?

You are progressed about as far as I am, and your schedule suits me.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Decent DPS and capability to learn, constantly looking for new information from the web to improve my ability to play warrior.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress.

Last Words?

Thanks for considering my application!

July 08, 2017, 05:19:00 pm
Reply #1

Offline Shaj

• Vendor Trash

Re: Raider Application - Warrior (DPS) - Shaj (XR)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 05:19:00 pm »
Hi all! Happy to answer any questions you may have about my application.

July 08, 2017, 05:34:27 pm
Reply #2

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 05:34:27 pm »
Ooooh another Estonian,

Shaj, it's an okay application, could of dived in with abit more information, with a current large roster how do you feel about the occasional bench time? Not saying you would be permanent bench of course but it may happen from time to time, do you have any recent logs so that the officers can look into?

What is your ms I doubt it'll be too high but we've had some recent applicants rocking 150+ ms hopefully your not too high considering we have a fellow estonian that raids and does well, look forward to your answers, I'm sure our melee  officer and resident dps warrior may want to ask more questions so check back in regularly if possible.

Good luck on the apply.

Regards

Vejeta
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 08:53:10 am by Vejeta »
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

July 08, 2017, 05:49:51 pm
Reply #3

Offline Shaj

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 05:49:51 pm »
Ooooh another Estonian,

Shaj, it's an okay application, could of dived in with abit more information, with a current large roster how do you feel about the occasional bench time? Not saying you would be permanent bench of course but it may happen from time to time, do you have any recent logs so that the officers can look into?

What is your ms I doubt it'll be too high but we've had some recent applicants rocking 150+ ms hopefully your not too high considering we have a fellow estonian that raids and does well, look forward to your answers, I'm sure our meter officer and resident eps warrior may want to ask more questions so check back in regularly if possible.

Good luck on the apply.

Regards

Vejeta
Thanks for the super-quick reply!

I don't log runs myself, but here are my best performances that have been logged by others in PUG groups:
Goroth: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LyJdMg78xB9n2KTh#fight=50&type=damage-done
Inquisition: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LyJdMg78xB9n2KTh#fight=52&type=damage-done
Harjatan: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bjPvhRCDdA4Lq8yW#fight=5&type=damage-done
Mistress: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pRDxYm94HhgyZf1F#fight=12&type=damage-done
Sisters: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Vd7GRFmgb42PQNHh#fight=20&type=damage-done
Desolate: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2dpyjn687Lc1zGrF#fight=4&type=damage-done
Maiden: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2dpyjn687Lc1zGrF#fight=5&type=damage-done
KJ: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6Da8GvXkxg2hHw7p#fight=27&type=damage-done

I don't mind being benched from time to time, obviously if the roster is stacked that's going to happen, and Warrior isn't useful for everything during progression, i.e. KJ soaks etc where other classes can provide more value.

Regarding connection speed, I'm running at a stable 40 ms all the time, have not encountered any connection issues since start of Legion so far.

July 08, 2017, 05:54:28 pm
Reply #4

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 05:54:28 pm »
Hey Shaj,

Nice effort in the reply, you could of just went with this instead and it would of shown us them all mind but i guess you dont use logs as much as others :), not a bad point although is helpful to see where you can improve on.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/17456520/13/#bracket=-1

Anyway as already said good luck on the apply.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

July 08, 2017, 06:00:22 pm
Reply #5

Offline Shaj

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 06:00:22 pm »
Hey Shaj,

Nice effort in the reply, you could of just went with this instead and it would of shown us them all mind but i guess you dont use logs as much as others :), not a bad point although is helpful to see where you can improve on.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/17456520/13/#bracket=-1

Anyway as already said good luck on the apply.

Regards

Vejeta
Thanks! Agreed, should be logging, went and downloaded the app again now. :)

July 09, 2017, 01:16:49 am
Reply #6

Offline Paul

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 01:16:49 am »
Hey fellow warrior Shaj,

The app is ok, some of the vital parts covered I guess, so here what I observe,

Talents - You the single dps build of rend, which are the right choices with that build for the "rend" build.

Rotation - you seem to not refresh rend when its required, so you have rend dropping off, which certainly impacts your effectiveness, as you should be reapplying rend should you have less then 2.4seconds going to fall off, or certainly on Goroth, if your going to have to hide. Arms is all about execute the last 20%, and I have noticed in your rotation your not taking full benefit of EP, as your using SD procs for your execute where you should be haresting them for MS with 2 huge EP stacks.  There are we few minor issues, but not worth mentioning after those biggies, as they are make or breaker's in DPS charts...

Current Ranks - Due to your rotations as mentioned I can see your parses, our resident lock loves a parse, its his life, but back to topic, your performance is certainly being impacted for your gear level when it comes to a comparison of your output vs others around you.

I suggest some if you dont already weakaura's to track some of those key parts in your rotations.

I guess seeing your Arm's performance, how is your fury as well? as I have to be honest 3 fights are fury the rest are arms performance fights, but we're not pushing number 1 realm first so that shouldnt matter but sometimes the right specs can make a difference of "getting that kill" or not?

I disagree about your comment about fury and Arm's, on KJ as actually, fury is very competitive and warriors are generally very good on that fight, soaking is no problem helping, also that execute phase and those add's contribution is vital as we have seen on our kills, so not sure why you have a more of a negative view of warriors and KJ, those sort of thoughts could end up getting me benched if my RL thought it was true, anyway...

Our melee officer is a ex wariror he decided to go a more of a bow and arrow class that has a pet, strange person, but I am sure he will respond in due course - good luck in your application!

July 09, 2017, 09:34:51 am
Reply #7

Offline Shaj

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 09:34:51 am »
Hey fellow warrior Shaj,

The app is ok, some of the vital parts covered I guess, so here what I observe,

Thanks and nice to meet you!

Talents - You the single dps build of rend, which are the right choices with that build for the "rend" build.

Rotation - you seem to not refresh rend when its required, so you have rend dropping off, which certainly impacts your effectiveness, as you should be reapplying rend should you have less then 2.4seconds going to fall off, or certainly on Goroth, if your going to have to hide. Arms is all about execute the last 20%, and I have noticed in your rotation your not taking full benefit of EP, as your using SD procs for your execute where you should be haresting them for MS with 2 huge EP stacks.  There are we few minor issues, but not worth mentioning after those biggies, as they are make or breaker's in DPS charts...
Current Ranks - Due to your rotations as mentioned I can see your parses, our resident lock loves a parse, its his life, but back to topic, your performance is certainly being impacted for your gear level when it comes to a comparison of your output vs others around you.

I suggest some if you dont already weakaura's to track some of those key parts in your rotations.
Yes, my rend usage still needs improving, I've been using this build for about a week now and Khakhan's default WA has some issues with displaying it in the overlay, so I sometimes forget it. Tweaking the WA as we speak. No comments on Execute/SD, just bad button smashing on my side.

I guess seeing your Arm's performance, how is your fury as well? as I have to be honest 3 fights are fury the rest are arms performance fights, but we're not pushing number 1 realm first so that shouldnt matter but sometimes the right specs can make a difference of "getting that kill" or not?
I haven't switched to Fury during 7.2.5 (played Arms for the entire xpac and started learning the rotations etc about a month before 7.2.5) but I have the weapon maxed out to Concordance and have no issues switching to it if asked.

I disagree about your comment about fury and Arm's, on KJ as actually, fury is very competitive and warriors are generally very good on that fight, soaking is no problem helping, also that execute phase and those add's contribution is vital as we have seen on our kills, so not sure why you have a more of a negative view of warriors and KJ, those sort of thoughts could end up getting me benched if my RL thought it was true, anyway...
I didn't mean that Fury is bad, meant that since Arms got the 7.2.5 buff, I prefer to play it (and did for the entire xpac, up until a month before ToS launch).

Our melee officer is a ex wariror he decided to go a more of a bow and arrow class that has a pet, strange person, but I am sure he will respond in due course - good luck in your application!
Thanks, looking forward to hearing from him as well :)

July 09, 2017, 08:52:57 pm
Reply #8

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 08:52:57 pm »
Hey Shaj,

your application is sparser than I'd like it to be, but I think you handled these nosy raiders pretty well! Unfortunately, I have to say that the lack of mythic experience is a big downside and the logs don't fill me with confidence that you'd be on par with our raiding team, so I have to decline this one. I'm sure there are other mythic guilds that would try you out though!

Best of luck on your search!

July 09, 2017, 09:11:19 pm
Reply #9

Offline Shaj

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 09:11:19 pm »
Hey Shaj,

your application is sparser than I'd like it to be, but I think you handled these nosy raiders pretty well! Unfortunately, I have to say that the lack of mythic experience is a big downside and the logs don't fill me with confidence that you'd be on par with our raiding team, so I have to decline this one. I'm sure there are other mythic guilds that would try you out though!

Best of luck on your search!
Thanks anyway, take care!

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:55:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

92 Guests, 0 Users