Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - ripperi

August 07, 2017, 04:38:06 pm
Read 4158 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - ripperi
« on: August 07, 2017, 04:38:06 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: ripperi
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/ripperi/advanced
Class/Spec: Rogue (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

my name is john, 22 y.o i am studying informational technology (programming) and i work in a net cafe in greece.

Class/Spec:

i used to play assasination. after 7.2.5 the spec does not scale that good and started gearing as sub. i am 925/926 with each. i dont play outlaw at all mostly cause i think its boring.

as a sub am trying to manage my combo points and the energy well. also with the build i play the important thing is to line up sd symbols of death and dfa for a huge burst with finality buff. as assasination as long as its a way more simple spec you line up the vendeta and kingbane, trying to envenom as much as possible during this time (also before using it you have to refresh garote and rapture so you use all of your energy pull for envenoms) and use the toxic blade during kingsbane's last 9 seconds.

Alts:

i only have a dk 110 lvl.

Professions:

herbalism alchemy. good gold from crafting flasks and self dependent on consumables.

Raiding Experience:

7/7 EN 3/3 TOV 7/10 NIGHTHOLD

Previous Guilds:

sanctity on bloodhoof. left cause i had some issues with work at that time 6 months ago and moves to kazzak to play with a friend i had there. we joined 2-3 small guilds with not enough people to raid and ended up on magespecters where i am now. the progress is not what i was expecting and many people from them seems like they don not care for raiding.

Availability:

dont have exams for 5 more months, i work 7-15 server time so availability is not an issue, not planing to go for holidays for more than 3-4 days.

Communication:

i have team speak 3, a headset with microphone and my English are good enough to communicate.

Computer / Connection:

i have a high end computer with gtx 1070 and i7 7700. my ping is around 68-75.

Addons/UI:

DBM, bartender4, pawn, weak auras, elvui (for the hp bars cast bars and raid frames)
http://prntscr.com/g5g7vx  

the first bar is from 1 to 5 then is alt+` and then s1 s2 s3. on the wow default action bars they are on numpad for some old rep grinding i do and that the reason its sais n1 n2 etc

Other Games:

dota 2, cs go, hearthstone, leage of legends (a bit),

Why Iron Edge?

seems like a stable guild with people who play the game and want to play it on a high level.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

as a player i am competitive on everything i play and i adapt quick. i am a legit person with no issues such like drama queen, flamer or the guy who cannot take a joke and in general i give a lot of my free time playing so i can also help with other things such as m+ groups etc.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

wow progress

Last Words?

not really

August 08, 2017, 01:58:01 pm
Reply #1

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

Re: Raider Application - Rogue (DPS) - ripperi
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 01:58:01 pm »
Hi Ripperi!

Decent application, could have had a little more information.

When did you start playing WoW?
Do you have any raid experience before Legion, and if so, was it on a different character?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 08, 2017, 03:53:47 pm
Reply #2

Offline Mimfoe

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 03:53:47 pm »
Hello fellow rogue!

Could you give a more in depth description of your opener? You are correct that it is important to line up SoD with DfA, and possibly a SD as you land. But it sounds very vague, and there is a bit more to playing the class, even though I'm sure some people here think that there isn't! ;)

Also, I would highly suggest you to set a binding for your healthstone, before Rash has a go at you for it.

Good luck with your application!

/ Mim

August 08, 2017, 06:13:49 pm
Reply #3

Offline ripperi

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 06:13:49 pm »
hello again :)
Well its been a while from the last time i formed an application and tried to do my best =/. well i started playing wow at the end of wod where i got the free 1 month from the movie ticket. we started as a group of 7-8 people and i was the only one who had never played. havent played with another character and sadly i have no raiding experience before legion. played other games where there was raiding but not wow.
the opener i use is: pot,shadowblades, ss,backstab,NB, symbols of death, Shadow dance, ss,ss, evis, ss, vanish, ss dfa, use shadow dance before landing  (sometimes when i have adds around me i pref to use shadow dance before dfa like for example on kj) ss,ss, evic, ss or backstab (depends if there was bl on pull) if have good procs from passive and have some energy left i backstab to 5-6 combo points and refresh nb, if not i use 1 backstab and then GB to get to 6 combo and then refresh nb, then backstab to 5-6 and evic. etc etc.

for 3 of more targets i use as builder the shuriken storm and just non stop eviscarate with 2-3 nbs on the secondary targets.

also about the healthstone that is not bind y ik. i had a mouse with more than 2 hotkeys and now is broken. i will get another soon as i got a keyboard and will bind it again
thx for your time :)

August 09, 2017, 06:21:38 pm
Reply #4

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 06:21:38 pm »
Hey Ripperi!

Your initial application was a tad short, but I liked how you elaborated on it given the prying questions by my fellow guildies. You have decent mythic progress and everything seems to be more than just fine, so I'd like to give you a trial!

You can whisper me or another officer for an invite!

August 09, 2017, 07:22:01 pm
Reply #5

Offline ripperi

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 07:22:01 pm »
hello again:)
 thanks for the opportunity you are giving me and i hope we get along well. can you give me some information about the trial? i tried to pm phoenixflame but he was not online so i added on battlenet one of the officers (Rashkebab).

August 09, 2017, 08:54:23 pm
Reply #6

Offline Phoenixflame

• Officer

• Pervy Pastry Puffer

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 08:54:23 pm »
As soon as you are in the guild I'll send you all the necessary stuff

August 09, 2017, 09:25:23 pm
Reply #7

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 09:25:23 pm »
Hi Ripperi,

There is a thread within the guild private section that is pinned in the forums, soon as you have access you can read everything that you need to know there, welcome aboard the crazy train.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:45:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

80 Guests, 0 Users