Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Pétrapan

August 12, 2017, 11:36:43 am
Read 4657 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Pétrapan
« on: August 12, 2017, 11:36:43 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Pétrapan
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/P%C3%A9trapan/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hi! My name is Petra Vestling, Im a swedish girl with the age of 26. Im currently living here and working with IT/NOC. On my sparetime I love to be in the stable, thats one of my biggest hobbys in life. Except for raiding then =D

Class/Spec:

For now I play frost but I can play fire aswell. I have almost the same gear and traits on the specs. For some bosses fire is better but I mostly play frost. My gear level is around 927 with both specs.

If im gonna talk about my mainspec Frost I usually sim my character to see what stat priority I need to improve. For now im on my crit cap at around 33 procent, Im focusing much on Haste but aswell a bit on Versatility. One thing I also do is that I dont only focusing on secondary stats, I focus more on Intellect/Ilvl.

My rotation is pretty simple as a frost mage. Prepot > Frostbolt > Frozen orb > Thermal Void and then just spamming ice lances and ebonholt when lances are out. If I get a flurry proc I always make sure that I use ice lance directly after it, if I have an ice lance procc I always get rid of that before using flurry.

Alts:

No, not for now.

Professions:

My professions are alchemy and enchanting.

Raiding Experience:

I have always played a Mage. Ive started to raid in WoD when HFC was out so im pretty fresh with this game. I clearade HFC M with my old guild Consilium. This expansion I have cleared EN 7/7M, NH 4/10M. Mostly now im with a casaul guild and we only raid once a week and we have been struggling with people so there  has been issues with my progress due do that.

Previous Guilds:

Consilium I left because I hade some changes in my life that needed me to step down for a while with the raiding. Now I play with Tuft Of Gorilla Hair once a week. It makes me sad to leave this guild but I wanna raid more and I cant do it with Tuft.

Availability:

Im mostly available since I dont make plans on raid days. For now my work is gonna come in the way every forth week since Im working shift hours.

Communication:

Yes, Im confident in english, mostly speak it during work hours. I have a good microphone which I can use to communicate with.

Computer / Connection:

I have a decent computer, I never get issues with it, sometimes Windows wants to fuck up the harddrive but that doesnt happen often. My connection is really good, I have 100/100 fibre so thats not an issue.

Addons/UI:

Skada/Lootcouncil/EX Raid tools/Weakauras/AA. Im at my work atm, I can send a picture of my ui if you guys are interested in me when im home.

Other Games:

I mostly play WoW, sadly ;D

Why Iron Edge?

I wanna join since you guys sound like a cool guild and I love the meetups you have, seems awesome. The raid days is almost perfect for me with 2 days a week.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I can offer laughs and good playing. I will always do my best and I can do all of the tasks that will be put on my table.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

Wowprogress

Last Words?

No, its fine for now, here is my logs/char:
Btag: Peetra#2865
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/p%C3%A9trapan

August 12, 2017, 01:58:25 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Mage (DPS) - Pétrapan
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 01:58:25 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the application ourselves Petrapan with the funky e, nice effort in the application but could do with a tad more information but than again you have covered everything we have asked so you did also provide logs which is a plus.

Good luck on the application. We have a pretty full roster at the moment, which means that you will sometimes have to spend some time on standby. Would that be a concern to you?

Regards

Vejeta
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 02:33:05 pm by Rashkebab »
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

August 12, 2017, 07:32:13 pm
Reply #2

Offline pétrapan

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 07:32:13 pm »
Hi! =)
Thank for a quick reply. If you have questions you can always ask here in text or have a chat over Discord. Its fine for me to be on standby if thats necessary.

Picture of ui: http://i.imgur.com/hErDUss.jpg

August 12, 2017, 09:53:23 pm
Reply #3

Offline Bendie

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 09:53:23 pm »
Where are those orange parses?
2016-04-22 04:58:08 [Raid] Bendiee: Neclord placed his balls on my shoulders. i dont have anything against black people. but monkeys do spread aids.

August 12, 2017, 10:41:27 pm
Reply #4

Offline Vivi

• Guild Member

• Burn for a burn!

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 10:41:27 pm »
Hey hey,

I am a tad unsure to why you start your rotation like that. I have tested countless rotations and found pre casting ebon bolt followed by IV, flurry, ice lance then orb better every time....maybe a lil tweaking in rotation will achieve orange parses  :D

August 13, 2017, 09:17:53 am
Reply #5

Offline pétrapan

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 09:17:53 am »
Ok. Vivi, I was looking at our last Goroth kill HC. We burst the same amount of damage. If you look on damage taken which is basic mechanics, ofcourse everyone fucks up, even me, but still. I didnt stand in fel pool or get hit by infernal burning. You did 70k more dps then me. I thought this was a mature guild but being flamed for not having orange logs when I havnt raided properly is not a guild I want to be in so I withdraw my application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/naLP2DAj8rXhdB3W#fight=3&type=damage-done&source=17

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/K1H23WqNf6XTy8nV#fight=21&type=damage-done&source=14

August 13, 2017, 09:28:50 am
Reply #6

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 09:28:50 am »
Petrapan,

I don't think Vivi or Bendie were flaming you for parses, perhaps they should have explained themselves a bit better.

Regards

Vejeta
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:02:37 pm by Rashkebab »
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

August 13, 2017, 01:13:01 pm
Reply #7

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 01:13:01 pm »
Hello!

This escalated rather quickly..

As Vejeta said, I don't think there was any hostility intended from Vivi or Bendie. The first part of your response to them was perfectly fine, why would you withdraw your application?

Were you expecting not to be asked questions critical of your play style?
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

August 13, 2017, 02:01:20 pm
Reply #8

Offline Vivi

• Guild Member

• Burn for a burn!

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 02:01:20 pm »
Cor blimey this sure did press some buttons - i was not intending to be harsh and I doubt Bendie was too. Apologies if you found this rude... All i said is, I am unsure to why you begin a rotation like you do? that is a question - which you clearly did not like/understand?

As to bringing up logs - you picked my 'mid par' log on that fight...? Curious when comparing to your best?

Overall nevermind - drama llama alarms going off for this one. So withdrawing is for the best imo.

August 13, 2017, 03:53:45 pm
Reply #9

Offline pétrapan

• Vendor Trash

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 03:53:45 pm »
Hi guys. : )

Maybe I should have explained myself better, I didnt mean to cause drama.

I wasnt offended of the question about my opener, I know that many mages do it differently and I love to talk about my class and improving it. Why I linked that log is because its the mostly equal gear with you and me Vivi. I just didnt get what to answer on "Where are those orange parses?", I just wasnt expecting that kind of question. I wish you all the best.

August 13, 2017, 04:07:05 pm
Reply #10

Offline Bendie

• Guild Member

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 04:07:05 pm »
it was a genuin question. i had a look at your logs for normal and heroic. And i could see its mostly purple, which is not bad at all. i just wanted to know what kept you from reaching those memable orange parses.
There are a lot of factors into play when talking high % parses. Not just yourself but also the raid comp.
i tend to keep things short. But i didn't expect you to take it as being hostile.
2016-04-22 04:58:08 [Raid] Bendiee: Neclord placed his balls on my shoulders. i dont have anything against black people. but monkeys do spread aids.

August 13, 2017, 04:42:19 pm
Reply #11

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 04:42:19 pm »
None of this makes any sense, but okay.

Good luck on your search for a guild. I hope the next one you apply to makes a better impression on you, even though I don't know what that would look like.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:23:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

81 Guests, 0 Users