Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (Healer) - Herbalizm

September 12, 2017, 12:26:32 am
Read 5969 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (Healer) - Herbalizm
« on: September 12, 2017, 12:26:32 am »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Herbalizm
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Herbalizm/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (Healer)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

My name is Andy, a 26 years old troll (druid *cough) living in the UK.

I enjoy watching / playing football, listen to music, tackle new technologies and play WoW (occasionally others, as well.. when time allows).

I am a dedicated person which takes criticism as an opportunity to learn and develop, as opposed to making drama out of it (both in game and in real life).

I also enjoy watching movies / series, when time allows. If my application is successful, my schedule will be pretty much set (including preparation) – that’s where my dedication kicks in.

Class/Spec:

My main spec is Restoration - been playing it since mid. 2008.

I have recently invested some time in bringing my Balance / Guardian artifacts up to 52 traits - using them in M+ runs (Balance) and normal raid runs (Guardian) mostly.

I have not played any of my off-specs at the same level (or close to) as I play Resto.

It's a bit of a gamble with stats balance for Resto Druids in Legion.

My stat preference is as follows: Int > Haste = Mastery > Crit

Rotation wise, although it’s pretty standard with Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, Wild Growth, Regrowth and Swiftmend as the primary spells used (of course, not excluding Tranquility for raid wide healing), it depends.

Lifebloom usually “sits” on tanks, or fellow raiders that take an extensive amount of damage over time and need extra healing (the Gul’dan soul soakers come to mind).

Rejuvenation (and its duplication, Germination) are the most used spells – they provide raid wise healing, while boosting incoming heals from other spells (like Wild Growth) due to the Mastery stacks built. Regarding raid wide healing, there’s Flourish + Velen’s Future Sight + Essence of G’hanir which aid me in providing more raid wide healing during periods of extensive raid damage.

As an opener, I start by pre-casting Wild Growth (with T19 2set on for the 4000 mastery boost), and then cast Lifebloom on the tank starting the fight. Then continue with prioritizing Rejuvenation based on the fight / situation, etc.

Probably not the “long story short” explanation, however there are a couple of factors which influence the order / opener, and so on. Happy to discuss these in further detail over voice comms / ingame (I could write a novel here!).

Talent wise, I have listed them below (including further detail):

Level 15:. The primary talent used from this tier is Cenarion Ward – provides robust overtime healing – pre-casting before big damage bursts in 99% of current fights (raiding related). In addition, I am also using Abundance for M+ dungeons.

Level 30: Primarily, I use Displacement Bear from this talent tier. Provides quick movement out of harm’s way (or in situations like moving to my assigned marked target for Hydra Shot @Mistress qucikly, for example).

Level 45: My choice here is Guardian Affinity – for three main reasons:
•   Firstly, it provides a flat 6% damage reduction (preferred during progress mainly for damage mitigation).
•   Secondly, I can mitigate further damage (the Hydra Shot example comes to mind), and heal quickly using Frenzied Regeneration.
•   Lastly, it allows me to “hop-in” and tank if required, if the situation requires me to do so.

Level 60: It really depends which is most viable for that specific fight. Swapped mostly between Mighty Bash (for example stunning Razorjaw Waverunners during Mistress to avoid having them cast Water Blast and minimize raid damage), and Typhoon (for M+ during Sanguine affix weeks).  

Level 75: 90% of the time, I chose Cultivation – provided certain fights come with a myriad of damage opportunities, this talent provides a free HoT. This also benefits my other HoT effects as it boosts the mastery stack. Despite it being nerfed by 16% in 7.2.5, it still plays a significant role in every Resto Druid’s progression through new content.
In addition, I have used Soul of the Forest occasionally (mostly during Heroic runs to test out its throughput) – a good talent, however dependent on Prosperity (Tier 1 talent), which at present is not a viable talent build to run with during progress fights.

Level 90: Here, I swap between Spring Blossoms and Germination. Most of the time, Germination is preferred due to the healing output it provides. Spring Blossoms is used during fights where fellow raiders move relatively less than other fights (related to current content, Sisters for example).

Level 100: I opt to with Flourish for all fights – it extends and boosts the healing over time effects, usually used before big damage bursts (for a WG boost), or before periods of extensive damage taken (e.g. Phase 2 @ Maiden of Virtue).

To help myself maintain a high-end performance, I use a number of WeakAuras (spell cooldowns, notifiers, etc.), in addition to DBM and the remaining addons listed in the Addon UI section below.

Alts:

I have recently leveled Blackhawkz (Orc Hunter, lvl 110), purely to get out of my comfort zone and play a different class / role than my main.

Professions:

Currently, I'm an Alchemist / Enchanter.

Alchemy provides me with the ability to craft potions / flasks at my discretion. The same for Enchanting.

During the first weeks of Legion, Alchemy provided a good trinket to start with (the Infernal Alchemist Stone), where Enchanting allowed me to make good use of un-needed gear and turn it into crafting materials for later use.

Raiding Experience:

My entire WoW raiding experience is listed below:

Burning Crusade: Every raiding instance was cleared after nerfs. I started playing WoW in July 2008, close to the end of the expansion.

Wrath of the Lich King:
- Naxxramas – Full clear before any nerfs.
- Ulduar – 12/14 clear (No hardmodes until next patch).
- Icecrown Citadel – 11/12HC – a few tries on Lich King HC.

Cataclysm:
- Blackwing Descent – 3/6HC
- Bastion of Twilight – 2/4HC
- Throne of the Four Winds – Normal Clear
- Firelands – 6/7HC (Approx. 30% on Ragnaros HC)
- Dragon Soul – 8/8HC

Mists of Pandaria:
- Mogu’shan Vaults – 4/6HC (6/6HC next patch)
- Heard of Fear – 1/4HC (4/4HC next patch)
- Heart of Fear – 3/6HC (6/6HC next patch)
- Terrace of Endless Spring – 1/4HC (4/4HC next patch)
- Throne of Thunder – 5/12HC (11/12HC next patch)
- Siege of Orgrimmar – 14/14HC (before Mythic).

Warlords of Draenor:
- Highmaul – 6/7 Mythic
- Blackrock Foundry – 10/10 Mythic (7/10M during actual progress)
- Hellfire Citadel – 13/13 Mythic (before nerfs).

Legion:
The Emerald Nightmare – 7/7 Mythic
Trial of Valor – 3/3 Mythic
The Nighthold – 10/10 Mythic
Tomb of Sargeras – 6/10 Mythic (Maiden @ 45% - 119 wipes)

During all of the above, I played Restoration (started playing WoW on Blizzard's servers on July 8th, 2008).

One of the proudest achievements so far is solo healing the last phase of Anub'arak in ToC (10 man), earning the 50/50 attempts achievement.

Aside from that, I regularly jump into random groups helping people see content through to the end (i.e. normal raid runs, low key M+ grps, and so on) - I was there once, where I didn't have the experience, and knowing how difficult it is I think it's only fair I put myself in their shoes and jump in to help a little!

Previous Guilds:

I think it's only fair I provide a full history of my guild history, from the beginning to date:

The Beauties @Mazrigos EU
The first guild I’ve joined after started playing in July 2008 (one week after I started playing). Progressed through WotLK and Cataclysm content with them. Sadly, after Cataclysm officers and half the roster stopped playing.

WoW Legacy @Mazrigos EU
Mazrigos was a very low populated realm since WotLK, however WoW Legacy moved over in early Cataclysm – I joined them shortly after I left The Beauties. Progressed through most content with them – up to SoO in MoP (SoO HC only at that point). The Guild Master decided to move over to a better progress guild on a different realm – the remaining officers tried to keep people together for raids, sadly there wasn’t a successful outcome.

Hibility @Kazzak EU
I was motivated to move to Kazzak by an ex. Pwnanza member (created a new character from scratch as I had no funds available at the time for a transfer). In approximately three weeks I leveled up and was ready to tackle SoO Mythic – after a successful application process I joined Hibility. I have cleared SoO Mythic with them, and participated to only a few Mythic progress fights, as they cleared most of the raid instance at the time I joined (9/13M). Furthermore, we progressed together through Highmaul and 7/10M @ Blackrock Foundry (Iron Maidens @53% was our best shot). At this point, all four officers decided to stop playing, followed by nearly 80% of the roster. Only 6 of us continued to raid from that point forward.

Santa Maria @Kazzak EU
As I wanted to continue raiding at a semi-high-end level, I applied (and was successfully accepted) to Santa Maria. Progressed through HFC (H / M) together. I enjoyed playing with them, however due to various changes (happy to discuss them in game or via voice comms), I have left as I wanted to raid as usual (by usual, I mean more intensively and more often). I left, and joined Cutting Edge.

Cutting Edge @Kazzak EU
Most would consider it a step backwards joining from a top 300 guilds (at the time I left) and joining one that was over 600. I saw it as an opportunity to get to raid at a higher level than just farm runs after content’s been cleared (my situation in Santa Maria, pretty much). As of 22.02.2017 the officer team has decided that raiding would stop – therefore, I wished to continue on the ascending path that I started there and keep raiding. My attendance was 110% (counting optional runs as the additional 10% - Heroic runs for eventual WF / TF gear and people needing 4 set still) – I’ve always put the needs of the guild in front of mine.

Echo of Sylvannas @Kazzak EU
Following my experience in Cutting Edge, and given the guild has stopped raiding, I tried to keep up-to-speed with The Nighthold. As a result, I applied, and was successfully accepted, to Echo of Sylvanas. As of 17.04.2017, the guild has stopped raiding in an attempt to regroup and replenish the roster for ToS – that meant no more Mythic raiding until the new raid content is released.

Wicked Vigilantes @Kazzak EU
As I wanted to step up my game, I applied (and was successfully accepted for a trial) to Wicked Vigilantes. Brilliant experience and an eye opener for me as a player (given this was the highest ranked guild I ever had the opportunity and privilege of playing in and with). During my stay with WV, I improved 10 folds as I had the chance to play alongside a dedicated and mature group of people of whom I owe my respect and gratitude for their support.

Unfortunately, on 07.06.2017, I was informed the guild will not be counting on my help for progression in ToS as there is a better suited player for the position. I am mindful that in life there is always someone better than you, as such I took this opportunity to gather feedback and find out where I can improve moving forward.

As a result of WV officer team’s decision to not count on me for ToS, I applied to Rock Paper Scissors.

Rock Paper Scissors @Kazzak EU
Following a successful application, I was accepted as a trial in RPS. I will have to be honest with this, as I'm sure most, if not all applicants would be:

There were a series of personal life events that interfered with my the raiding schedule (happy to discuss these over Discord to keep this short) - as such, at certain points during raids (with prior notice, of course) I was required to step away from my PC for a short period of time to take care of the matter at hand. These have now been sorted, however this has had an impact on my performance whilst a trial in RPS. This is one of the reasons why I've posted my full WoW history (and previous officers I've worked with can confirm this), so you can make a better judgment of me as a player. As a result of these events, I have not passed my trial.

I have had the privilege to play alongside a dedicated group of players with a common goal in mind: to clear content at a pace, while enjoying a friendly play atmosphere.  I am mindful that in life there is always someone better than you, and that is my motivation to push forward to learn from better people so I can improve (both in game, and in real life).

I am a long run player as opposed to the occasional guild hopper, although my very recent history does not quite reflect this (a detailed explanation for each "hop" is provided). Happy to discuss the above in as much detail as you're looking after to back my claim - all you'll get is an honest answer (I don't like sugarcoating mistakes. I think it's better to admit I stepped wrong, than cover it up).

Availability:

I currently work from 9 til 5, Monday to Friday (British Standard Time) - that's 10 til 6 (Server Time).

I travel to and from work for about an hour (each way), thus back at around 6ish pm. Occasionally, I am up 1h after work doing more work - however that's my choice (and sometimes it keeps me sane, if I'm honest.. although I'm sure a few might not agree with me!)

Should my application be successful, I shall accommodate my schedule to match yours and always be on time. During my guild "hops" since Santa Maria, I have stepped over the raid start time twice (about 15-20 minutes), and three times past the invites time (a max. of 10 each time).

Not trying to sound egoistic, however commitment and respect of my peers are two of my traits, therefore I will always do my best to assist and benefit the team to the best of my abilities.

Communication:

I am proficient in English, both spoken and written.

I have no problem using TS3 - that includes listening and speaking (when required).

Computer / Connection:

My current PC can handle WoW at 60 fps, with 42ms being the highest I saw so far. Latency is usually between 25 and 35ms.  

I have rarely disconnected during raid times, and to counter that I have a 2nd connection (4G) which would allow me to play at between 50 and 100ms (has not been needed so far).

Addons/UI:

I use the following addons:

•   DBM (Deadly Boss Mods) - raid warnings / mechanics.
•   AngryAssignments - various assignments during the raid (healing CDs, other assignments).
•   ElvUI - interface management.
•   WeakAuras - CD / mechanics management.
•   Clique - Lifebloom / Ironbark binding.
•   OmniCC - CD timers.
•   GTFO - standing in poo management.
•   Raid Frame Icons - visual notification of marked targets (raid members).
•   RC Loot Council (recently replaced with Big Dumb Loot Council, as RCLC is not behaving properly at the moment).

Please find a screenshot of my UI below:

http://imgur.com/a/yapIs

Other Games:

I spend most of my time learning (usually IT related), thus WoW is the only game I play for a while now.

I used to spend over half a day, every day, playing various games - these include Starcraft, Diablo, and FIFA.

Why Iron Edge?

I am very fond of your tight-knit group. This suggests the group is stable and wishing to push forward, as opposed to muddling through. In addition, your schedule corroborated with your current progress also suggests that members are dedicated to achieve a common goal. I would like to be part of that.

I have had the pleasure of running BRF with yourselves (full runs, and later on Blackhand mount runs) for a couple of weeks back in WoD - although they weren't real raids (thinking progress), I thoroughly enjoyed playing with you at the time (Bendie is still calling me names to this day... I have proof of that!).

I find raiding dull if the atmosphere is not appropriate (within limits), in that people see through and have a laugh sometimes - keeps the spirits / motivation up, in my opinion.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

I am a dedicated individual which takes criticism as an opportunity to learn and develop, as opposed to making drama out of it (both in game and in real life). I tackle situations with a calm demeanor and a mature mindset.

I never give up, regardless of how difficult the situation might become - as mentioned earlier, despite my very recent history, I am a long run player which puts the needs of the group above mine.

Proving what I can offer to the guild through words is easy - I think seeing me "in action" will better help you see whether that's true or otherwise.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I have followed your WoW endeavors for about 3 years now via WoWProgress.

Last Words?

No questions at this point. I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have, or clarify any concerns regarding myself / my class, from all points of view.

I am an open, honest individual, therefore I will answer anything openly and without any “hiding around the corner” sort of attitude.

Thank you very much for your time taken to read my application, and for considering me.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

~ Herb.

September 12, 2017, 01:51:05 am
Reply #1

Offline Herbalizm

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Druid (Healer) - Herbalizm
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 01:51:05 am »
Apologies for missing this out - please find a link to my character's logs below:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/herbalizm

For ToS Mythic, all logs have been set to private by RPS. The officers have agreed to discuss these, if required (if that is the case, please let me know and I shall inform them).

Thank you.

Kind regards,

~ Herb.

September 12, 2017, 02:05:12 pm
Reply #2

Offline Mimfoe

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 02:05:12 pm »
Hi, and thanks for applying!
I want to start out the upcoming replies by saying, what a nice and honest application this is.
The fact that you weren't scared of hiding, that you failed a trial somewhere in the past, really shows some character.

I don't know anything about druids, but I'm sure someone will pop their head in soon.

Best of luck with the application!

/ Mim

September 12, 2017, 02:51:29 pm
Reply #3

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 02:51:29 pm »
Hi Herbalizm,

I remember you from previously playing together, BRF runs and I think we did some challenge modes together in MOP, I may be wrong.

What happened with the BRF mount runs? Did you get the mount? We had a few people cut and run after getting it; guildies included.

I understand your RPS situation, I trialled there for exactly 2 raids, I was 10 mins late for the second one and was instantly kicked.  I wasn't really too fond of the raiding atmosphere there or the clique.

Bestnof luck with your application

September 12, 2017, 03:02:13 pm
Reply #4

Offline Herbalizm

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 03:02:13 pm »
Hello Mim & Tutan,

@Mim - thank you for the appreciation. It's of no use to cover mistakes.. very often exposing them does more good than actual harm, in my opinion.

@Tutan - You are right, we did do challenge modes in MoP as well! It has been a while..

Regarding BRF, I did another 35 runs after that I believe - I got the mount in the 2nd last week before Legion hit (luckily). Those runs were great fun. Honestly I wouldn't've regretted if I never got it.

Regarding RPS, I was always upfront, even if sometimes the notice was "last minute" (1h before the raid). Never got kicked, and the atmosphere wasn't too bad - maybe there were different times when you trialed there.

Kind regards,

~ Herb.

September 12, 2017, 05:20:24 pm
Reply #5

Offline Tutan

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 05:20:24 pm »
From my memory you were a solid healer for CM's,  performance may not be considered if Bendiee still refers to you as a friend. Dodgy company there mate.

I didn't remember you getting the mount with us, glad you got it though!

September 12, 2017, 07:16:59 pm
Reply #6

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 07:16:59 pm »
Hi herbalizm,

Just want d to say very good job on app and thank you for being honest about previous guilds. Nice that you noticed you forgot logs and added them before any of us had the chance to mention it. I like that, good luck on the apply, now all we need to do is woft the smell of bacon from this app to draw the attention of our healer officer to look it over.

Good luck on the apply

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

September 12, 2017, 08:26:08 pm
Reply #7

Offline Lethys

• Officer

• Lets Alfie this place up.

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 08:26:08 pm »
Hi Herbalizm,

I had a good read through your application and can't find many faults with it, good amount of detail and effort put in to this!
You do seem to put forward your shortcoming, so to say, very easily which is strange. I understand the need to be truthful but being more confident in your abilities in an application can really shine through :)

Either way, i'm going to offer you a trial! Next raid is on Thursday, make sure you're all ready to go. Also, make sure to download EPGP addon as this is the loot system we use.

Poke me or another officer for an invite!

Lethys
Any comments or statements made by Lethys are not representative of Iron Edge as a whole.

September 12, 2017, 11:16:28 pm
Reply #8

Offline Bendie

• Guild Member

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 11:16:28 pm »
I have never heard of this guy in my life....
2016-04-22 04:58:08 [Raid] Bendiee: Neclord placed his balls on my shoulders. i dont have anything against black people. but monkeys do spread aids.

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:09:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

35 Guests, 0 Users