Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Social Application - Mage (DPS) - Eztest

October 04, 2017, 11:02:31 pm
Read 4252 times

Applicant

Social Application - Mage (DPS) - Eztest
« on: October 04, 2017, 11:02:31 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying to be a social member.

Character: Eztest
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Eztest/advanced
Class/Spec: Mage (DPS)
Member Type: social

Personal Info:

My name is Dani, I'm 19years old, and I was born in Dubai. I moved to Canada for university (University of New Brunswick) to study Business Adminstration and Sports Management. I spend most of my time gaming and going to the gym for bodybuilding and powerlifting. I also play football, but a lot less than a few years ago. I support Real Madrid from the Spanish League and Arsenal from the Premier League. I look up to Cristiano Ronaldo as a player and person.

Class/Spec:

My brother Kenszan recommended a few classes and I preferred Frost Mage after trying some classes. I have a fair understanding of how Frost Mage works and I find it easier to use. I was always a melee warrior/destroyer in other games, so I wanted a change and see what's life like on the back line.
I remember playing Frost Mage on my brother's account long ago when level 80 was max, so I was familiar with a couple of skills.

Alts:

None

Professions:

None

Raiding/PVP Experience:

None

Previous Guilds:

None

Availability:

Usually everyday in the Evening (or late night/midnight Germany time for reference).
Sunday all day.
Wednesday Afternoon (Germany time reference).

Exams are in December, so the list above stands until Mid-December.

Communication:

Strong English. I don't use TS3, I prefer discord. I can listen and I have/use a microphone.

Computer / Connection:

MSI Laptop. No fps/ping issues. So far I have not disconnected.

Specs:
GTX965M
Intel Core i7
12GB Ram

Addons/UI:

Using standard blizzard UI.

https://imgur.com/Jvfk7u3

Other Games:

Blade and Soul mostly as I am part-leader in raids and clan.

Games I used to play:

League of Legends
Dota
Heroes of Newerth
Fifa
Football Manager

Why Iron Edge?

To learn more about the game from guild members while leveling. Getting tips/advice on what's better. I was told it is a nice community.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

Being friendly and easy to approach. Banter. Memes.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

My brother Kenszan.

Last Words?

Apologies for the lack of information/details on the last application, Kenszan told me to add more details but refused to help.
I am still new to the game but i'm picking things up quick as I level and would like to know more.

October 05, 2017, 07:38:42 pm
Reply #1

Offline Vox

• Guild Member

Re: Social Application - Mage (DPS) - Eztest
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 07:38:42 pm »
"Kenszan told me to add more details but refused to help."

Now that is a true brother!

Either way, hi! More details are always better, a tip is to look through older applications, just spewing things out is not something everyone has a talent for.

Two things that spring into mind is: Bodybuilding, always a fun subject, had a coworker and friend who spent all her time at the gym, went from a stick to a powerhouse over less than two years, insane journey and she was crazy with all her talk. Are you the same or just stick to routine and discipline?

And the other would be: How long have you been playing and do you have a history with other games, if so, what are those?

Either way, good luck on the application :)

October 05, 2017, 09:20:44 pm
Reply #2

Offline Vorte

• Guild Member

• Ffffffffffff

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 09:20:44 pm »
Blade and Soul was fun, fiddled with that for a couple months! Did you play the mage caster class thing there as well?
[22:27] <Globox> I cry when I clean my left ear with a q-tip

October 05, 2017, 11:08:06 pm
Reply #3

Offline Eztest

• Guild Member

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 11:08:06 pm »
Hey!

I trained for power-lifting for about a year and planned on competing at some point towards the end of 2017, but I got injured and was out for 2 months, so it slowed me down and changed my plans. That's when i started doing body building, in September. I'm aiming to get 80-85kg in less than a year, currently around 70kg, but i'm well disciplined when it comes to working out and eating well so it should be no problem.

If you meant how long i've been playing WoW, then just a couple of days. Other games about 8-9 years.

My first MMO was Fiesta, played as an assassin and quit after reaching the top in terms of items and level (back when lvl 115 was cap).

I also forgot to mention GuildWars2. The best game i've played by far. Played as a warrior and had my first legendary in 2months. At that time it was a big deal since legendaries were time consuming and a lot was needed to get one. But after getting one, getting the next 4 was a bit easier, so I was using a full legendary weapon sets, Great-sword/Sword+Axe (2 legendary great-swords were combined to make the ultimate one, so i had 5 legendaries farmed in total). During that time I was also a part of a guild, in which I climbed up the ranks within 2 weeks and eventually took over in less than a month, since guild leader retired. So I was a guild leader of more than 300 members, but obviously, only about 150 we're active at that time.

Then I moved on to Blade and Soul, where my main is Earth-Destroyer. So no I did not play the mage class :D (Force Master). I was always a melee class, hence why i picked Mage in WoW so I can experience gaming from the back-lines. I am taking a small break from BnS since my gear is high enough for all current content, however I am still raiding with our clan/guild as I am part-leader and still find raids the most enjoyable and because we still have unfinished business in a certain raid that we will most likely kill this Saturday for the first time. I am playing WoW for a change and until something excites me back to BnS.

October 06, 2017, 12:20:01 am
Reply #4

Offline Vox

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 12:20:01 am »
Oh damn, Guild Wars 2... I'm in a bit of a love/hate relationship with that game. Mostly because of the devs. But in terms of things I've done... Too much. Made Eternity... Twice. Got Bolt and Frostfang and was making the (then new) staff from Heart of Thorns... But man, the crafting required for those are just absurd.

October 06, 2017, 12:54:38 am
Reply #5

Offline Eztest

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 12:54:38 am »
That's exactly what i crafted for my warrior, Eternity, Bolt, and Frostfang. I was starting the journey for the new axe when they released it "Astralaria" , but they nerfed dungeon rewards and some of us lost interest in the game after a while.

October 06, 2017, 01:47:40 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 01:47:40 pm »
Hi Eztest,

Thanks for taking the time to flesh your application out a little bit. You can poke me or another officer for an invite.

Welcome!
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

October 06, 2017, 06:02:25 pm
Reply #7

Offline Abyiss

• Guild Member

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 06:02:25 pm »
A fellow power lifter !!
The only man foolish enough to roll a DK tank.

F*CKING ABYISS!!!!!!!
(Shannaro 2010)

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:06:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

59 Guests, 0 Users