Iron Edge

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Apply to Iron Edge

Apply to the TOT Raid
Currently full
Apply to the Main Raid
Always open to exceptional players!
Apply for the Weekend Raid
Looking for DPS!
Apply for Wrath Classic or Social
All are welcome apply to join IE
 Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Jamezzarr

November 11, 2017, 11:20:14 pm
Read 3507 times

Applicant

Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Jamezzarr
« on: November 11, 2017, 11:20:14 pm »
Hello, Iron Edge!

I am applying for the main raid.

Character: Jamezzarr
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kazzak/Jamezzarr/advanced
Class/Spec: Druid (DPS)
Member Type: raider

Personal Info:

Hey guys, my name is James, im 21 years old and from the UK, midlands to be exact (Yes my accent is Disgusting). Currently working as a security guard/bouncer. Im a very social person, im always on discord with my friends not only playing WoW. I first started playing WoW back in the end of Vanilla start of TBC when i was very young. But only in the last few expansions have i been working to improve myself as a player and push myself.

Class/Spec:

I currently play a Feral Druid. I rerolled to this toon about a month and a half ago as i played Healer for a previous guild to fill in, then after mistress i returned to DPS. I chose Druid because i really love playing DoT classes with high mobility, with my rogue getting Will of Valeria and Prydaz you can imagine that this decision wasn't too hard for me. I like having an extra job in the raid other than just looking at the bosses crotch and mindlessly doing a rotation, ferals are able to soak really well, much like rogues due to Survival Instincts and Bear form. Not to mention the extra utility they bring with Stampeding Roar.

My druid is currently 938 ilvl, i haven't yet received the head or ring legendary but im getting very competitive logs considering the handicap. My gear is very well itemized and i often farm the necessary dungeons to help filter myself with the specific item upgrades i need from each, an example being the 5% increase energy Crit/Vers neck from Arcway.

I am proficient in my offspec and do often use it as mythic plus, currently have 1 legendary for restoration which is the Rejuvination on Lifebloom ring and im around 936 in that spec. I have no issues in playing this spec for raids, to either fill or main. But this would require me to get another legendary (which is no bother).

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/kazzak/jamezzarr

Currently i am in a few discords with other feral players and am in contact with feral players in top 100 world guilds. We often discuss changes in sims etc with upcoming tiers to theory craft to predict the future of the spec and the best routes to go and prepare.

There are a few stat caps with ferals, so everytime i get a new piece of gear i have to sim not only the peice but also my stat weights as they change so often. Generally speaking though we go by Vers > Agility > Crit > Mastery > Haste. Usually when i sim gear Vers is always highest but if i lose too much versatility it puts that as a prio, meaning ill usually ill do another top gear resim with haste enchants and gems to see if i can hit the soft point so im always getting the maximum out of my character.

Currently on ferals there are two types of builds, the Savage Roar and Bloodtalons build which does sim higher when you have 4 set and the 2 BIS legendaries. [Behemoth Headdress] and [Soul of the Archdruid]. This build requires you to do much more snapshotting with your bleeds so you have the maximum modifiers up at one time to increase there damage. This means using Regrowth to get blood talon stacks before you apply bleeds, aswell as keeping 100% uptime on Savage Roar. Though this is a purely single target build.
SS for relevence: https://gyazo.com/3ac4556b415175baa879ec8774020a5a

The build i currently use as i run with [Cinidaria, the Symbiote] and [Chatoyant Signet] is Brutal Slash with Omen of Clarity. This build requires a lot less snapshotting as you are only requires to applying bleeds with Tigers Fury as much as possible. Other than snapshotting you are also required to Use Brutal Slash during Omen of Clarity procs to boost there damage. If you get lucky with procs on pull during bloodlust this can be a huge damage increase. For mythic+ and AoE fights i will put on Luffas which increases the damage and radius of my thrash by 75%. If the fight has adds that spawn that die, such as Harjatan i will also run the Predator talent instead of blood scent as it resets the cooldown of Tigers Fury when a mob dies. This feeds me with a lot of energy allowing me to spam AoE and put a lot more bleeds out to multiple targets.
SS for relevence: https://gyazo.com/ed97ca8f78d5d3735529cabedbf40580
Mythic+ and AoE: https://gyazo.com/b3a90422889b37781248ee9ede65ddb6

Here i have analysed two of my progression logs:
First log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7pZ2d6tz3gw1TLMP#fight=3&type=damage-done

This log was for my second kill on Demon Inquisition mythic with a new guild. Here i had near perfect uptime on all my bleeds, i was also very lucky with my procs during bloodlust with Omen of Clarity which buffed my Brutal Slash on multiple targets. I got hit by Calcified Quills twice during the fight, to improve i could concentrate further on dodging these mechanics.

Second log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yKWhk6gBnx9JC1Vz#fight=29&type=damage-done&source=18

This log was for my first kill on Maiden of Vigilance. Due to not being used to the fight and the timings i would often miss the snapshot for my bleeds, i also once didn't efficiently re-apply my bleeds for long enough before she ran over to the other side, which soaking i had some downtime on my rip which took its uptime down to 96%. In future i can work towards learning timing better to min max my damage and keep maximum bleed uptime.

Alts:

Currently i have a Fire mage as an alt that is 930 ilvl. Only has 2 set but does have 3 of the 4 BIS legendaries for fire, it is only missing the wrists. If i was given help with gearing it i wouldn't mind playing this toon either.

https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/kazzak/Jamezzar

Professions:

Currently i dont really keep up with any professions. I usually run Enchanting(Disenchanting) on all of my characters for those juicy chaos crystals.

Raiding Experience:

My current raiding experience is: Cutting Edge: Xavius. 2/3M ToV and 8/9M NH with progress on Guldan, but unfortunately went on holiday week of the kill, and when i came back the guild had disbanded (Grave - Draenor) I have logs for this. I then moved onto a guild called provoke on Draenor and did 6/9 mythic with them, i also have logs for this. Our mistress kill was top 300 world. I did everything from EN to Guldan Mythic progress as a fury warrior. Then at start of ToS i went over to disc priest for my guild (Provoke - Draenor).

Previous Guilds:

I had to stop playing after we killed mistress for about a month due to changing jobs, i needed to work out what free time i would have and didnt want to cause any issues with me not being able to attend. When i returned my spot was filled, so i took the opportunity to reroll back to DPS. SInce then i have been floating around friends guils helping out with progress but have only managed to get maiden of vigilance down since my return.

Availability:

I am available at all of your current raiding times. I will have some extra hours at work available during the Christmas period, but obviously i wont pick times that conflict with the raiding schedule.

Communication:

Im english born and bred, though sometimes my accent (brummy) is quite thick and that would be the only cause of in-proficiency. I have teamspeak 3 fully working with no issues. I currently use Logitech G430's fully functioning with no issues.

Computer / Connection:

My current PC specs with temps. (Thank you speccy)
Operating System
   Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
   Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz   29 °C
   Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM
   16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
   Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z170-HD3P-CF (U3E1)   33 °C
Graphics
   GN246HL (1920x1080@144Hz)
   4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (EVGA)   53 °C
Storage
   111GB KINGSTON SV300S37A120G SCSI Disk Device (SSD)   24 °C
   447GB SanDis Ultra II 480GB SCSI Disk Device (SSD)   23 °C

Speedtest link: http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6752885415

Addons/UI:

Currently for my UI i use ElvUI. I use this as its fully customizeable and i can tailor it to my needs and put the relevant information where i need it.

List of Addons that i use:
ElvUI
Weakauras 2 - I use these for tracking my CD's as shown on the screen shot in the middle. I also use them for extra raid warnings and for tracking boss mechanics.
Details! Damage Meter - Allows me to track my damage ingame and also look back at how people died and what too so i can quickly learn instead of tabbing to look through the logs.
Exorsus Raid Tools/Angry Assignment (Not sure which one you use but i have both)
RCLootCouncil - To get shiny things.
SimulationCraft - So i can sim myself.
Max Cam - To see all the things.

Other Games:

Counter Strike: Global Offensive
PUBG
Fortnite
Battlerite

Why Iron Edge?

I had a look through your guys logs intially after finding you on WoWprogress and i can see you have some quality players and ide like to be part of the team. Then when i came to your website, and i thought if you put as much effort into all aspects of the guild, as you did the website, it looks very promising.

What can I offer Iron Edge?

A skilled, knowledgeable and social player. Im always online and willing to help people out. Always looking on ways to improve not only myself but also information that can benefit the guild and its progress. I also very articulate, i very rarely miss a raid.

Where did I hear about Iron Edge?

I found you guys on WoWprogress.

Last Words?

Thank you for your time. I hope to hear from you soon :)

November 11, 2017, 11:27:24 pm
Reply #1

Offline Jamezzar

• Guild Member

Re: Raider Application - Druid (DPS) - Jamezzarr
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 11:27:24 pm »
After all that writing i still forgot to include a UI Screenshot, apologies.

https://gyazo.com/9077a4beb198cd7674ce6cdae680e2cc

November 12, 2017, 12:37:19 am
Reply #2

Offline Vejeta

• Guild Member

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 12:37:19 am »
Woah!!!!!!

Never forsake your birth right, the midlands is aweome! Brummie accent is bad, if you do make trial, and by looking at your application its a good start, than finally these uneducated europeans can tell the difference and even some dodgy navy wannabe holy pala can finally get educated on accents!

Good luck on the apply.

Regards

Vejeta
You may have invaded my mind and my body...but there's one thing a Saiyin always keeps...his PRIDE!!!

Former angriest bastard on the internet.

Professional baby seal clubber

November 12, 2017, 08:57:28 pm
Reply #3

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 08:57:28 pm »
Hi Jamezzarr,

Very nice application, always good to see someone put in the effort. Do you have a WoW history that goes back further than a couple of months? I'm specifically interested in your guild history.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

November 12, 2017, 09:13:45 pm
Reply #4

Offline Jamezzar

• Guild Member

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 09:13:45 pm »
Certainly i can go in depth, i have been very unlucky this expansion in terms of guilds. It seems to be a real guild destroyer, many bosses with a curve to high to overcome, so guilds disband. I haven't yet been able to find that one place that solid. At the start of the expansion i played in a guild called Full of Knowledge - Draenor. I was with the guild for a while but when numbers went on the decline they decided to stop raiding for the rest of the tier. I personally wanted to continue, so me and a few other players from Full of Knowledge joined a new guild called Rainbow Team - Draenor. We got cutting edge with that guild and 2/3 ToS mythic. Going into Nighthold, as with most guilds at the end of tiers we had lost and replaced a few players. Unfortunately these players werent up to par and we got to 250 wipes on Chromatic Anomoly without a kill. This tilted many players and we lost alot of our best players, which again caused the guild to stop raiding for the rest of the tier (Which was a long time).

I then turned my attention to Grave on Draenor and did upto Guldan progress with them, but after they got the kill, many of the players they had recruited they removed as they wanted to prioritize other specs going into ToS. This left me floating around a friends guild on Kazzak called hoax. Until i found a spot in a guild called Provoke on Draenor. We did really well and got mistress top 300 world kill, shortly after that i had to take my first break of the expansion due to changing jobs and not knowing what my time commitments where. After a month i came back to the game and inevitably my spot had been taken.

I then came back over to Kazzak to play with friends but found a guild called Fragment that where 7/9 mythic and just transferred from Aggra. Long story short there transfer didnt work well, we managed to clear 7/9 mythic farm once and then had over 250 pulls on phase 1 Avatar and still not being able to take it down. I stayed through but the guild recently disbanded. I have proof of this here. https://gyazo.com/760d4cd5ab42bb361a19f1ef9d9281ea

I am a very loyal person, but i seem to get caught up with a guild, stay with them to the end, but seem to be very unlucky. I know i have a few guilds in my background but none of them fault of my own.

November 12, 2017, 09:17:31 pm
Reply #5

Offline Jamezzar

• Guild Member

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 09:17:31 pm »
Prior to legion i did played with a guild called Rupture Farms on Draenor, we did HFC heroic farms and first few bosses of mythic. Only notable time i raided before that was in WOTLK, this was with a guild called Gloria Eterna on Quel'Thalas.

November 13, 2017, 02:37:10 pm
Reply #6

Offline Rash

• Imperator

• Main Raid Leader

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 02:37:10 pm »
Hi Jamezzar,

We're pretty full on melee at the moment, but I think your app qualifies you for a trial. We'll do our best to give you some up-time on Kil'Jaeden, so make sure you're well-prepared for the fight.

We also have a thread that can help you figure out how our raid works here.

Looking forward to raiding with you! You can poke an officer for an invite.
Rash - Holy Priest
Rashuwu - Mistweaver Monk
Porkkebab - Holy Paladin

Iron Edge Discord

Recent

Recent Logs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:48:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

34 Guests, 0 Users